OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you say that ? I think it is sad.
I won’t elaborate in order to stay within forum guidelines, but I’ve worked with kids like him and he’s not likely to have had a “typical” upbringing. He’s very clever and has learned to use whatever resources he has. I really hope he is ok.

bbm
Misleading about HD meeting up with a yet to be identified person ?

bbm
Good point.

This timeline and the "facts" we have been given are a mess.
All over the place.

First it was said his mom saw him last on Fri. am when he felt unwell ( and was told he had to go to school); and that he was wearing the maroon puffer vest and dark pants and tennis shoes.

Then it changed to she never actually saw him but spoke to him when she went into his room and it was till dark in there as he wasn't fully awake ?
Then HD said he went into her room and they spoke briefly before HD left for classes ?
And it's not known by either parent what he was wearing for certain ?

LE could at least provide the video sighting of him on Thurs. after he left the friends' house.
Was he alone or with another person ?
Is anyone willing to contact live PD on the information we have???

Last edited:
I don’t believe they have anything to go on.if they had something it wouldn’t of been aired on tv.its disappointing that no one can get the time line right and what he was really wearing.that picture doesn’t even look like that coat they are talking about it looks like a varsity jacket with white sleeves.i believe he is dead and will never be discovered.i am disappointed in this entire case.

Am I the only one bugging out right now??? We are just now finding out TWO WEEKS after Harley is gone that he went to meet someone? And they have no details on who this person is, where Harley should be looked for, or any camera footage or sighting of a person or vehicle???

Why include this?
What do his bathing habits have to do with ANYTHING????

Detective Timmons: This is out of character for him. He has a very particular schedule. He eats certain foods, he bathes several times a day, sometimes 4 or 5 times a day, if he goes to a friend's house - he'll go to the house, return the next morning to bathe before going back to the friend's house to spend the day. So he stays around the house fairly often.”

This is Flipping Insane!

Why have they held the community back from searches? Hundreds of vilunteers could have canvassed HUGE SWATHS doing a grid search BY NOW!

GOOD GRIEF!

I feel like pulling my hair out after I repeatedly bash my head into a wall!!!

He definitely didn't say if IMO.

I keep listening to it over and over and hear "All of that leads us to believe he wasn't planning on being outside for an extended period of time, that he was going to meet with somebody, somebody we haven't identified yet, and we're not sure where he'd go."

Link to clip: Live PD on A&E on Twitter

BBM. I hear IF. However I realize I could be wrong. But how would they know he was going to meet with somebody? Why would that not have been revealed already? If keeping secret to protect the investigation, why reveal that now? And why not in a press conference by the Chief?

I really think he said IF.

Am I the only one bugging out right now??? We are just now finding out TWO WEEKS after Harley is gone that he went to meet someone? And they have no details on who this person is, where Harley should be looked for, or any camera footage or sighting of a person or vehicle???

I didn't take what he said (All of that leads us to believe that he wasn't planning on being outside for an extended period of time, that he was going to meet with somebody, somebody we haven't identified yet, and we're not sure where he'd go.) to mean that Harley WAS going to meet someone. More that this is what they believe could or may have happened because of how he was dressed ? It's really unclear the way he words it.

It also makes me really concerned that they're tossing a baby away with the bathwater.

Kids that are so social media savvy & can be so resourceful & sneaky it’s scary considering how STUPID they are about the dangers.
I recall taking my sons phone away at night to make sure he wasn’t on it all night at that age. He didn’t balk. Which I found odd. Little did I know, he still had at least three other ways to communicate - iPad, Xbox and a Amazon tablet!
yeah, my son is 18 and I told him he has a tablet he doesn't need a phone....what do ya know Mom was right. He has 2 tablets and thanks to my brother, a laptop. When he was younger he had the tablet. I had to guard that thing at night so he wasn't on it.

That's why I was so worried about Harley's posts because I don't see anyone monitoring him.I will admit, I'm one of those parents that only has some social media accounts so I can monitor my child (even though he is 18) and his actions online. I don't wanna have a cop knock on my door with a "we need to talk" in regards to a statement made.

Have Harley's parents not thought about that? That things transmitted though his video's from the background of his home could have concerned some viewers (if they were older individuals) to the point they called LE and told them about the fight his parents were having or even the video he made "I'm scared" when his mom locked him out of the house? Those 2 videos alone could have gotten them into a lot of trouble had someone turned them in.

I think they are bringing up his bathing habits just to show he would normally come home, even if he stayed for a while with a friend. So he would bathe several times a day normally and didn't bathe at the friend's house but would come home and go back. They reiterated that he spends most of his time at home. He has to be with someone who is holding him against his will. At least that feels like the conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel