OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigation is investigation....as long as no slander or anything...take it for great research not being provided by others. I am not on social media so what I can report is all on research on my own....

A 14 year old boy is missing, and there is already a lot of misinformation about this very sad case. We need to at least keep the facts straight here in order to investigate.

A 14 year old boy is missing, and there is already a lot of misinformation about this very sad case. We need to at least keep the facts straight here in order to investigate.

For the most part I stay away from Social Media. I only hear abt what is posted when it comes to the "grape vine" so to say. I get on my twitter but only glance at who I follow (family I can stand), I have FB but I log in to check messages because for some reason my son doesn't want to exit his room at times to ask questions (damn teenagers) I stick to the news and also youtube. I know youtube isn't a source we can use here, even though this individual is a youtuber.

Exactly...this is why I am not on social media....I research what this post and news states...so I guess my fault....if this is considered social media then I apologize, however I thought this was a place to share information to try to figure this out. I have children his age and this hits home in a sense...sorry if I offended anyone.

For the most part I stay away from Social Media. I only hear abt what is posted when it comes to the "grape vine" so to say. I get on my twitter but only glance at who I follow (family I can stand), I have FB but I log in to check messages because for some reason my son doesn't want to exit his room at times to ask questions (damn teenagers) I stick to the news and also youtube. I know youtube isn't a source we can use here, even though this individual is a youtuber.
Social media post are allowed, but only if they are from the victim, msm accounts, or other sources that have been specifically approved by the mods.

The Rules

Last edited:
Exactly...this is why I am not on social media....I research what this post and news states...so I guess my fault....if this is considered social media then I apologize, however I thought this was a place to share information to try to figure this out. I have children his age and this hits home in a sense...sorry if I offended anyone.

Sam We can't post someone's full name when they aren't AT ALL related to the case. It's not fair to them because people will see that and start bothering/harassing/ sleuthing them when they aren't even involved.
It's probably too late for you to edit it but can you please try? Post #1332

I'm with Vox at this point. I don't know where the mods for this thread are.

Investigation is investigation....as long as no slander or anything...take it for great research not being provided by others. I am not on social media so what I can report is all on research on my own....
Need to show links for most things on this site, links to where you found the information and can't be from not approved sites, blogs, etc. If you post news from mainstream media sources, just include the link.

It's definitely an upsetting case. I have stepsons this age with dark brown hair and glasses so it tugs at me too. I can't fathom ever not knowing their whereabouts at any given moment.

I notice you are new, WELCOME to Websleuths!

I'm sorry if this has been covered...I've been reading as best I can since the case started...but since they don't believe Harley had his book bag to go to school, did they find it at home? What was left in the backpack?

Also, if Harley was planning to go away for a couple days, don't you think he would fill that backpack with clothes or some items from home that he normally keeps with him? You know how kids are. My kids always had special things they wanted to take everywhere with them.
If his parents forced him to go to school that day, wouldn't they ask questions if he didn't have his backpack when he left that Friday morning for school? These are just a few of my thoughts....

Now that winter break is winding down, I find myself wishing Harley would walk into his home announcing he was back from vacation with such and such family. And that they had no internet access where they stayed. If his parents are the type to not check with other parents, who knows..... Harley could have told the other family his parents said yes, even though he really never asked.

That's my wishful thinking for the night.

Now that winter break is winding down, I find myself wishing Harley would walk into his home announcing he was back from vacation with such and such family. And that they had no internet access where they stayed. If his parents are the type to not check with other parents, who knows..... Harley could have told the other family his parents said yes, even though he really never asked.

That's my wishful thinking for the night.

I have literally had that exact thought and hope.

Has everyone seen the reddit post that Harley had? I was just wondering. I know that it's considered "social media" BUT, it's also by the "victim" I don't know how concerning some could see the conversation, but to me it's very. Also, for a 14 y/o to be on this site with such content is also alarming. Doesn't seem that he had any monitoring of his online activities.

The conversation I am referring to now has a date of 2 months ago, but it would have been a month or maybe even weeks prior to Harley going missing. He asks this person how they found him and they say "I find anyone" and Harley replies with "except for me IRL" to which the individual replies "I'm ready"

Now, as a parent seeing this it sounds alarm bells. It tells me that there is someone following a child online and then the child basically sends a challenge to this individual to come find him "IRL"

At least that's how I see it.

IF you wanna see how he represented himself on reddit....the username that he uses is HarleyDilly2yt. I don't want to post the link as not sure if it is allowed, gonna keep it on the safe side especially since there are other usernames presented there that are not involved in that dispute. Someone told them to "calm down". So in order to protect innocent bystanders I am going to NOT post the link. I DID give you the 1 name you need (Harley's) so you can see what he says on threads. There could have been something stated that I missed. He could have used one of these social media sites and the private/direct message features to tell someone what he was gonna do and his parents be none the wiser. IMO

I have literally had that exact thought and hope.
I believe they would have seen all the news about him missing though don't you? especially since they have been searching the entire town. 'I wish that was the case as well, but this story is all over the place.

I believe they would have seen all the news about him missing though don't you? especially since they have been searching the entire town. 'I wish that was the case as well, but this story is all over the place.

Maybe he's with some older teens or young adults who don't care if he's considered missing. I could see adults not allowing him to hide out with them when his parents are worried and LE is searching, but people in the 19-25 yr range might not care.

Has everyone seen the reddit post that Harley had? I was just wondering. I know that it's considered "social media" BUT, it's also by the "victim" I don't know how concerning some could see the conversation, but to me it's very. Also, for a 14 y/o to be on this site with such content is also alarming. Doesn't seem that he had any monitoring of his online activities.

The conversation I am referring to now has a date of 2 months ago, but it would have been a month or maybe even weeks prior to Harley going missing. He asks this person how they found him and they say "I find anyone" and Harley replies with "except for me IRL" to which the individual replies "I'm ready"

Now, as a parent seeing this it sounds alarm bells. It tells me that there is someone following a child online and then the child basically sends a challenge to this individual to come find him "IRL"

At least that's how I see it.

IF you wanna see how he represented himself on reddit....the username that he uses is HarleyDilly2yt. I don't want to post the link as not sure if it is allowed, gonna keep it on the safe side especially since there are other usernames presented there that are not involved in that dispute. Someone told them to "calm down". So in order to protect innocent bystanders I am going to NOT post the link. I DID give you the 1 name you need (Harley's) so you can see what he says on threads. There could have been something stated that I missed. He could have used one of these social media sites and the private/direct message features to tell someone what he was gonna do and his parents be none the wiser. IMO

Kids that are so social media savvy & can be so resourceful & sneaky it’s scary considering how STUPID they are about the dangers.
I recall taking my sons phone away at night to make sure he wasn’t on it all night at that age. He didn’t balk. Which I found odd. Little did I know, he still had at least three other ways to communicate - iPad, Xbox and a Amazon tablet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay