OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the fire that some people are saying happened where HD's father works - it wasn't there - but at some recycling place - just thought I'd let you all know. Nothing to do with Harley....
You must have missed that a few pages back - like on the last thread. :)

It was 18 degrees with snow on the ground when he left his home and he was last seen wearing a thin sweater, sweatpants and a thin "puffy" coat, police said.

All of which "leads us to believe he wasn’t planning on being outside for an extended amount of time," Timmons said. "He was going to meet with somebody, somebody we haven’t identified yet."

The 14-year-old also has a "big social media presence" with accounts on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Reddit. There has been no activity on those accounts since his disappearance.
Surveillance shows last known image of missing Ohio 14-year-old Harley Dilly: Police

Barring any camera anomaly I question the surveillance video image. The person in the image appears to be lanky and not someone who is 4' - 9" and 100 pounds. The image also shows a person with a pompadour hairstyle.

Last edited:
Reactions: osu
I hope LE checked into that whole Reddit thread but I’m going to be honest. I don’t think a child predator using Discord/Reddit is going to out themselves in a chat that is still visible. They’re far more sneaky then that.

This kind of talk is *really* common among teens on these apps. They talk trash to each other 100x worse than this.

MOO re the dark web: Could be. Maybe drip is known to HD from the dark web also. And that is why HD questions, "How did you find me here?" Also, I get teenage trash-talking. But HD calling someone out as a stalker and saying he came to his house is concerning & doesn't seem like trash-talking.

Yeah, I too wasn't worried by the tenor of the pre-conversation; but once Harley said Drip showed up at his house, that's a different kettle of fish, IMO.

Already reported. Sorry. Regardless joke or not...who jokes about a child missing. Rather be safe than sorry.

BBM. "Datalounge does", is the answer. Trust me.

DataLounge - Wikipedia

The site has been (in)famous for decades. The above reference is merely "house style". The likelihood that anyone currently on Datalounge knows anything about anything... there's a reason most of the posts are anonymous. You could look for days without meeting a remotely verifiable rumor passed out by anyone with closer than third-hand information about it; and the site has lost a lot of its luster over the past few years.

It looks super sketchy to those who aren't familiar to it. It's really not. I wouldn't advise your preteen child to go reading it; and I don't go near it without a multiplicity of ad-blockers so I've never seen any ads; but for grownups, the ad-free site version is really nothing much. (/soapbox)

Teens joke about everything. I have one and I hear it all the time.

At this point, I think one of two things happened. Either Harley was a victim of a predator, or, and imo, this us more likely, he had time to wander around before school started and he fell victim to a water accident and hasn't been discovered.

Lake Michigan gives up its winter victims in the spring. IDK about Lake Erie, but it's possible Harley is in the water under ice and hidden. LE asked for video so late it's possible his being recorded near the lake was missed.

As for his parents, I am tired of the bashing. They may be more on the free range side than helicopter, but they deserve our compassion. Not sitting here pointing fingers.

At this point, I think one of two things happened. Either Harley was a victim of a predator, or, and imo, this us more likely, he had time to wander around before school started and he fell victim to a water accident and hasn't been discovered.

Lake Michigan gives up its winter victims in the spring. IDK about Lake Erie, but it's possible Harley is in the water under ice and hidden. LE asked for video so late it's possible his being recorded near the lake was missed.

As for his parents, I am tired of the bashing. They may be more on the free range side than helicopter, but they deserve our compassion. Not sitting here pointing fingers.

Lake Erie hasn't frozen yet. The weather has been unseasonably warm so far. Here's a link to some live webcams in the Port Clinton, OH area. No ice on the lake. The weather has been like this on and off for the last few weeks.

Lake Erie Webcams | Ohio’s Lake Erie Shores & Islands

Sandusky Bay webcam is fairly close to where HD lives. Lakeside Dock is several miles east of Pt Clinton, on the lake. It's a historic old resort community. Put In Bay is the island several miles north of Pt Clinton, accessible by boat.

I thought they where having people from Cleveland check the waters to see if he was out there.there is no ice to warm.come on guys this case is going on to long and no leads doesn’t make any since.time for the town to start searching by not doing anything isn’t solving this case.

I thought they where having people from Cleveland check the waters to see if he was out there.there is no ice to warm.come on guys this case is going on to long and no leads doesn’t make any since.time for the town to start searching by not doing anything isn’t solving this case.

With the warm weather, people will be out fishing on the shoreline.

We have had an unusually mild winter this year. I doubt Lake Erie has any ice. And water levels are higher than is usually, too.

I wouldn’t be surprised if LE is defending the parents as a cover to keep them talking. They could also still have questions/doubts about the family situation. It would not be the first time they did that. Just saying it is a possibility.

<modsnip: removed duplicate quote>

That is absurd.
He could have been dressed that way because he's acclimated to that weather.
He could have been dressed that way because he intended to go to school.
He could have been dressed that way because he didn't intend to be alive long.
He could have been dressed that way because he was going to a friends house.
He could have been dressed totally differently since he wasn't actually SEEN and the video isn't clear enough to really tell.

I agree he has a large PRESENCE on social media.
He does not have a large FOLLOWING.
The two are different.
You can be watched by people who aren't officially following you on many of these sites. So his number of followers and the names of them wouldn't be an exact count or list.

I don't want Harley taken away. I want Harley to know that if that's what HARLEY wants that it's an option for him. Right now the only option being presented is going home. If Harley ran away like they say, don't you think there is a REASON? If he ran away from HOME why would you continually say you will return him HOME? Why not say that you will sit down and figure it out? Do whatever is best for him?

Yes. This is another good point. Just because Harley doesn't want to leave doesn't mean it's a healthy or safe environment. Yet, Harley is gone... so maybe he DID leave? Maybe it's still a better environment than foster care. We don't know. We just want Harley to have options.

Yes. This is all we are asking. Just OFFER Harley other options. We don't have to blame the parents or claim they are abusive. However, nobody but Harley knows what happened. If he left, only Harley knows why. If Harley doesn't want to return to the home, then continuing to assure him he will be returned to the home is not helping matters.

Then again claiming he ran away, but had this rigid routine makes no sense either. If his routine was so rigid the alarm should have been raised before it got dark that first day. None of it adds up at all.

I think everyone could comfortably agree this is a dysfunctional home. Dysfunctional enough to warrant removal of the four year old? No. There’s cause for concern, maybe a parenting class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barring any camera anomaly I question the surveillance video image. The person in the image appears to be lanky and not someone who is 4' - 9" and 100 pounds. The image also shows a person with a pompadour hairstyle.

I’m unconvinced it’s him. Police still haven’t stated definitively that it is. “Believed to be” - Why didn’t it capture his coming & going before?

I’m unconvinced it’s him. Police still haven’t stated definitively that it is. “Believed to be” - Why didn’t it capture his coming & going before?

I'm surprised no one has come forward to say, "Oh, that was my son," or "That was me," given the coverage and wide audience for that pic. Wouldn't you know if it was you, based on the timeframe and what you knew you were wearing that day? That seems a bit odd that no one has claimed it was them, if it isn't Harley. To me, it doesn't look like Harley, but if it isn't, then how many other options would there realistically be for a young man at that time of day in that area? I wouldn't think there would be many and you would think that if it was someone else, they would have said "hey, that could be me, I was walking that way that day/time" or something. I know sometimes people don't want to get involved for various reasons, but with the focus on that picture, I'm just surprised no one has stepped forward to suggest an alternative if it isn't Harley. Unless they did and the police haven't said b/c it isn't conclusive. I don't know.

We have had an unusually mild winter this year. I doubt Lake Erie has any ice. And water levels are higher than is usually, too.

I wouldn’t be surprised if LE is defending the parents as a cover to keep them talking. They could also still have questions/doubts about the family situation. It would not be the first time they did that. Just saying it is a possibility.

I thought so too, early on, keep em talking without lawyering up.

HOWEVER, law enforcement is behaving like they have nothing, they used LivePD a valuable resource & time pushing the story. It would be unacceptable (IMO) to do this if the parents were the prime suspects.

Yet, they REFUSE to use hundreds of volunteers to search.

Maybe they have a GOOD reason to believe he met up with someone, still not yet identified that morning. I can’t believe Harley’s wardrobe choice is the basis for that belief. That’s LAUGHABLE.

Yeah, I too wasn't worried by the tenor of the pre-conversation; but once Harley said Drip showed up at his house, that's a different kettle of fish, IMO.

BBM. "Datalounge does", is the answer. Trust me.

DataLounge - Wikipedia

The site has been (in)famous for decades. The above reference is merely "house style". The likelihood that anyone currently on Datalounge knows anything about anything... there's a reason most of the posts are anonymous. You could look for days without meeting a remotely verifiable rumor passed out by anyone with closer than third-hand information about it; and the site has lost a lot of its luster over the past few years.

It looks super sketchy to those who aren't familiar to it. It's really not. I wouldn't advise your preteen child to go reading it; and I don't go near it without a multiplicity of ad-blockers so I've never seen any ads; but for grownups, the ad-free site version is really nothing much. (/soapbox)

Bare with me here...this is my first post here and I don’t use forums much...being an Ohioan myself, this case really caught my interest...I did not see the videos that they took down but the ones that are there could hold some information...I forget which one it was but there are a couple of people that send him messages during his live gaming feeds and he talks about a person named “let peeps” that keeps bullying him and his friends and a couple of them tell their YouTube viewers to unsubscribe to this person. They also call out a couple YouTubers for doing shady things like clickbaiting and creating alternative accounts to boost their viewership numbers. Could he have possibly angered the wrong person by calling them out? In the videos you can also see what discord server he is using. Has anyone attempted to get on there? A lot of people use discord and a lot of them are pretty tech savvy. If he angered someone with networking skills they could find him pretty easily. Just a thought!

BBM

Harley Dilly Update, Monday, January 6th, 2020
20 minutes ago

Good Morning Friends,

Unfortunately, we have NO new information that I am able to share with you this morning regarding Harley.

We are completing our aerial searches today with the assistance of Texas EquuSearch, with the cooperation of the Ohio State Highway Patrol and United States Customs and Border Protection.

We appreciate all the tips, emails and phone calls that we have been receiving.

Please allow us to finish our aerial searches today, and then if wish to assist with searching, please do!

Please don’t trespass on private property, unless you have permission from the owner. If you should come across something suspicious, please contact our agency at (419) 734-3121.

Information as of December 31st, 2019;

• I would like to advise you that through the entire investigation of the disappearance of Harley Dilly, the family has fully cooperated and we have no reason to believe they are involved.

• Our investigators continue to research the records that we have been able to obtain thus far.

• The investigation is being conducted by federal, state and local law enforcement partners.

• Here’s what I need from you. I need the investigation to be allowed to continue uninterrupted.

• Please don’t spread rumors, rather, if you have information about this case, please contact the

Port Clinton Police Department (419) 734-3121

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (800) 843-5678.

• I am asking our residents to continue to help by sharing flyers in person and on social media.

• Please allow the professionals involved in this case to continue to do their job - we are working tirelessly and will continue to do so until Harley is brought home and reunited with his family.

• Briefing on this case has shifted from a daily in-person briefing to information solely provided via the Port Clinton Police Department Facebook page.

• If there is a major case announcement, we will notify the press via our Facebook page with appropriate lead time and share information about where and when the briefing will be held.

• This shift in briefing allows us to continue focusing resources on the case and should not be construed otherwise - we appreciate the community’s outpouring of support and sharing Harley’s picture and the tip line information.

We currently have the following agencies at our office or have been involved with this investigation;

Black Swamp Search & Rescue
Clermont County Sheriff's Office
Delaware County Sheriff’s Office
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Grant County Sheriff’s Office (Kentucky)
Kentucky Search Dog Association
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Ohio Division of Natural Resources
Ohio State Highway Patrol
Ottawa County Drug Task Force
Ottawa County Prosecutors Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office Underwater Rescue and Recovery Team
Port Clinton Fire and Rescue
Shawnee Hills Police Department
Texas EquuSearch
United States Customs and Border Protection
United States Marshals Service

Chief Hickman

Port Clinton Police Department

*** REWARD UPDATE, Monday, January 6th, 2020 ***

$16,100.00 for information leading to the safe return of HARLEY DILLY

On Monday, January 6th, 2020, we received a check for $5,925.00 from monies collected from residents of our community, and complete strangers from Ohio and the rest of the Country through Fisherman’s Wharf “” page.

On Monday, January 6th, 2020, we received cash in the amount of $100.00 from William Buskey.

On Saturday, January 4th, 2020, we received cash in the amount of $250.00 from Dwight D. Ramsdell.

On Friday, January 3rd, 2020, we received a check for $500.00 from Firelands Plumbing, LLC.

On Thursday, January 2nd, 2020, we received a check for $2,200.00 from RadAir Complete Car Care.

On Monday, December 30th, 2019 we received a check for $125.00 from Catawba Island Jewelers.

On Saturday, December 28th, 2019 we received a check for $2,000.00 from the owners and employees of Fisherman’s Wharf and BeYoutiful Hair/Nail Salon.

On Thursday, December 26th, 2019 we received a check for $1,000.00 from Susan & James Waingrow.

We have just been contacted by the Sandusky Co-Founder of Bikers Against Abused And Neglected Children (B.A.A.N.C.), who have graciously committed an additional $2,000.00 to the REWARD regarding information leading to the safe return of HARLEY DILLY...

The Port Clinton Police Department along with Ottawa County Prosecutor, James VanEerten is offering a $2,000.00 REWARD for information leading to the safe return of HARLEY DILLY…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy