Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton HS, 20 Dec 2019 #6 *found in chimney*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Clearly, the ongoing investigation doesn't involve the chimney. It likely involves the autopsy and toxicology report and not much else. They're not looking for causation at his point, they're just looking for details about how exactly he died and whether any drugs/alcohol may have contributed to it. jmo
It took me a long time to understand the differences in “cause of death” vs “manner of death”. It wasn’t until one my brothers died of a cocaine overdose until I understand the difference. Ruled as unnatural accident MOD.
Later after we found my other little brother’s remains after months, his MOD was “undetermined”
It’s very confusing.

Per Wikipedia:
In the United States, a manner of death is expressed as belonging to one classification of a group of six possible:[9][4][8]
The manner of death can be recorded as "undetermined" if there is not enough evidence to reach a firm conclusion.[7] For example, the. discovery of a partial human skeleton indicates a death, but might not provide enough evidence to determine a cause.[8]
Manner of death - Wikipedia

It took me a long time to understand the differences in “cause of death” vs “manner of death”. It wasn’t until one my brothers died of a cocaine overdose until I understand the difference. Ruled as unnatural accident MOD.
Later after we found my other little brother’s remains after months, his MOD was “undetermined”
It’s very confusing.

Per Wikipedia:
In the United States, a manner of death is expressed as belonging to one classification of a group of six possible:[9][4][8]
The manner of death can be recorded as "undetermined" if there is not enough evidence to reach a firm conclusion.[7] For example, the. discovery of a partial human skeleton indicates a death, but might not provide enough evidence to determine a cause.[8]
Manner of death - Wikipedia
Wow. You have suffered a lot of loss. Thank you for sharing your knowledge in this matter. ((HUGS))

Clearly, the ongoing investigation doesn't involve the chimney. It likely involves the autopsy and toxicology report and not much else. They're not looking for causation at his point, they're just looking for details about how exactly he died and whether any drugs/alcohol may have contributed to it. jmo
Wouldn't causation be important?????

Wow. You have suffered a lot of loss. Thank you for sharing your knowledge in this matter. ((HUGS))
Thank you. You know what they say. It’ll either kill you or make you stronger. I don’t want to die cause I have way too much to live for. I have the greatest family and friends in the world so there is no other choice. I consider myself one of the luckiest people on the planet. Life goes on. It is what it is. Live and learn. Always. ❤️

I know the official (preliminary) cause/manor of death was ruled compressive asphyxia. And this will probably prove (or will be unable to be disproven) to be the case. The skeptic in me wonders.

For one thing, they seemed to release this intitial finding awfully quickly. Like the day after he was found? Is that normal? It kind of reminded me of iran shooting down the passenger plane. Within hours they said, "mechanical failure. Nothing to see here." It just seemed suspicious how quickly they seemed to try and control the narrative.

Why would they attempt to mislead? I think it is in everyone's best interest to believe that he passed quickly and didn't suffer for multiple days. Public outcry, criticism of the investigation, potential lawsuits, and everyone's peace of mind could all be potentially reduced/avoided with the outcome that he passed within a few hours.

I'm not trying to stir the pot. From how I'm picturing it, I'm just not sure that I see how he would've gotten "wedged". Also, if he was "wedged", it kind of seems unlikely that he would go through the trouble of pushing his coat and glasses out of the flue. Granted, I obviously don't have all of the facts, and could easily be completely wrong.

In their theory's defense, the other day I tried to imagine myself in that space (proportionally larger for my body), and was trying to imagine how much he could move his arms and legs. I found it very unlikely that he would be able to bend his knee up to his chin (assuming he was in the standing position). But it may have been possible for him to get his arms from above his head to his sides and vise versa. My roundabout point is that when i was standing there with my arms raised above my head, it seemed like that in itself was making it somewhat harder for me to breathe. Possibly leading more credence to their theory. And less to mine. (Or maybe just telling me that I need to visit the gym more often?) ; )

I guess maybe this doesn't really matter at this point. Nothing is going to bring that poor boy back.

Speculation and MOO.

The cause of death was determined to be compressive asphyxia, Ottawa County Coroner Dr. Dan Cadigan said in a news release. The manner of death has been deemed accidental by the coroner's office.
Harley Dilly case: Police believe a 14-year-old who vanished on his way to school has been found dead in a chimney - CNN

Idk. Is there a difference in the word “determined” and “deemed”?

I am so confused as to when Lucas county autopsy is going to be released???

Wouldn't causation be important?????

They already know the cause. I didn't even realize that the coroners report had already been issued, but it does confirm that it was accidental due to asphyxia. So the ongoing investigation is likely just the tox results.

A Facebook post from the chief on Monday said that the structure was taken down by the owners of the Fulton Street house, with the assistance of the city of Port Clinton. The gesture was taken "out of respect for Harley's parents."
Homeowner removes chimney at house where Harley Dilly died

eta second source:
View attachment 228220
Chimney that Harley Dilly's body was found inside removed 'out of respect'
Say what?? That fast?
It just feels unsettling to me....

They already know the cause. I didn't even realize that the coroners report had already been issued, but it does confirm that it was accidental due to asphyxia. So the ongoing investigation is likely just the tox results.
It is said that the 'preliminary' autopsy report has been released (although surprisingly, no MSM appears to have published it). I remember reading in one MSM article that the manner of death was suspected to be accidental but that the coroner was awaiting the police investigation to be completed before making a final determination. They are also waiting for toxicology results. So does the chimney's destruction mean police have completed their investigation? And if so, why not clarify that, because the last we heard is that it wasn't a for-sure thing yet. imo.

It is said that the 'preliminary' autopsy report has been released (although surprisingly, no MSM appears to have published it). I remember reading in one MSM article that the manner of death was suspected to be accidental but that the coroner was awaiting the police investigation to be completed before making a final determination. They are also waiting for toxicology results. So does the chimney's destruction mean police have completed their investigation? And if so, why not clarify that, because the last we heard is that it wasn't a for-sure thing yet. imo.

That's what I'm trying to say - the "completion of the investigation" obviously doesn't involve the chimney, but is still "ongoing"pending either the final autopsy (assuming you're correct that the current one is preliminary) and the tox report.

I am so confused as to when Lucas county autopsy is going to be released???

7.How long does it take for a death ruling to be made?
Various counties in Ohio handle this procedure differently. In most cases, however, a signed death certificate will be issued within two weeks of the date of death. When there is insufficient information available to complete the death certificate in a timely fashion, or additional chemical tests, microscopic slide preparation and examination, and further investigations are needed – a "Pending further studies and Coroner's Verdict" death certificate can be issued. At the culmination of these tests and investigation, the ruling is made based on all available information. A supplemental death certificate, which supersedes, the "Pending" death certificate, is then issued with the cause of death and ruling.

11.When will the autopsy report be completed?
The autopsy report, also called the protocol, usually takes about four weeks to be completed after the autopsy. If microscopic and chemical tests are performed, this time period can lengthen to six to eight weeks
Lucas County, OH - Official Website

That's what I'm trying to say - the "completion of the investigation" obviously doesn't involve the chimney, but is still "ongoing"pending either the final autopsy (assuming you're correct that the current one is preliminary) and the tox report.
To me, that doesn't make sense. It would be like if someone burned to death in a vacant home with no obvious entry, and they didn't bother to investigate the home and instead just said, oh it was a fire. Wouldn't the chimney have everything to do with the investigation? Maybe the investigation is completed already, but surely it would have included an analysis of what exactly happened, including the boy's positioning and whether there were signs inside the chimney that he'd tried to escape, etc? Whether all of the things noted in the preliminary autopsy report make sense as far as the 'scene' (inside the chimney), etc? How and when he could've tried to put his jacket through the flue opening, etc? How long he could have survived inside there, considering the available oxygen, etc? Confirming how he got up there, and that he did in fact go up there (backed with evidence like shoeprints or handprints on the antenna), etc? imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back