OH - Jennifer Nelson, 29, murdered in her Dayton home, 2 Jan 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Steadfast, I don't have a link for the curiously circumspect coverage from today (especially curious in light of the article with the charges) as I actually read it in the print edition (how old fashioned!) this morning. It was the front page story.

As far as the Gross Sexual Imposition charge (and I agree :eek:), it's unfortunate that the boy wasn't "shielded" from the release of this information, as he will ever after be known as the boy whose Mother was killed trying to save him from being raped. Jenny Nelson truly is a hero.

Well that is so messed up. To see some freak trying to molest your child, she did exactly what I would have done. I don't really like people with young kids having guns around but in a case like this I would have blown the sob to hell. This new stuff makes me assume he molested this little boy in the car before letting him out at the rest area. If he did molest this boy then I guess now I feel daddy had nothing to do with this one.

Edited to add: It is possible he did not molest the child but if he was hell bent on molesting him right there with him mom there. It makes me wonder why he wouldn't have if he had him alone once Jenny was shot. I so hope he did not molest this baby but they confiscated the vibrator, underwear of someone and some sexual enhancement toy.

This article: http://dispatch.com/live/content/lo...yers.ART_ART_01-06-09_A1_3MCEC26.html?sid=101 is pretty clear about the stabbing...

"A Dayton-area mother stabbed her attacker in the back before the man shot her dead, robbed her house, kidnapped her 4-year-old and abandoned the child at a highway rest area."

"One of Myers' roommates had told their landlord that afternoon that Myers had been stabbed in the back while walking home from the bus at 3 a.m. Saturday."

So!! We have room mates, that probably explains the reference to 3 men questioned.

ETA: doesn't the article's reference to "investigators" VS "source" give it more credence?

Guilty people fail to go to the hospital or at least file a police report after getting stabbed in the back. I know i would file a report if someone even attempted to stab me in the back..

This just disgusts me! So sad this poor little boy will now be without his mother who died trying to save him. I don't know what's going on in this world, it's so upsetting. I have always said I would never have a gun but lately I've been thinking more and more of getting one you just never know, what a crazy story this is...

Steadfast, I don't have a link for the curiously circumspect coverage from today (especially curious in light of the article with the charges) as I actually read it in the print edition (how old fashioned!) this morning. It was the front page story.

As far as the Gross Sexual Imposition charge (and I agree :eek:), it's unfortunate that the boy wasn't "shielded" from the release of this information, as he will ever after be known as the boy whose Mother was killed trying to save him from being raped. Jenny Nelson truly is a hero.

That's what I was thinking -- the child's picture is everywhere!

If you remember one exact phrase from the print edition that you read this morning, I can find it on line.

On the other hand, whatever phrasing the papers are using, I think DNA is going to nail this one down.

Also, any tiny suspicions I may have had about the husband are hearby unsuspiced. Doesn't sound like a murder for hire or anything like that. Not with the sexual assault on the child.

Did anyone else think about the Jenkins family on C. Myers myspace? :::shudders:::: you just never know, do you?

I see what you're saying, and if some other "complication" comes out, I won't be surprised. But, on the other hand, this all doesn't have to be some big plan.
1. Steal a car, because you're a thief.
2. Sit around goofing with the items you found in the car, which identify the car's owner.
3. Get bored, decide to drive over to the owner's house and rob them, since "Works 3 Jobs" is probably rarely home. Leave car nearby, but not in the driveway.
4. Tie up woman, begin to rob, don't hear (because you're deaf) that she's gotten out of her bindings and picked up a knife.
5. React to the total surprise of being stabbed in the back by shooting the woman.
6. Not have it in you to shoot a little boy. Decide to take him.
7. Realize you can't drag the little boy down the street without being seen. Steal car from driveway.
8. Drop boy at rest stop. Go home and goof around with the owner's possessions again.

That's plainly saying it. Where is the article that says the boy was sexually molested?

Well that is so messed up. To see some freak trying to molest your child, she did exactly what I would have done. I don't really like people with young kids having guns around but in a case like this I would have blown the sob to hell. This new stuff makes me assume he molested this little boy in the car before letting him out at the rest area. If he did molest this boy then I guess now I feel daddy had nothing to do with this one.

Edited to add: It is possible he did not molest the child but if he was hell bent on molesting him right there with him mom there. It makes me wonder why he wouldn't have if he had him alone once Jenny was shot. I so hope he did not molest this baby but they confiscated the vibrator, underwear of someone and some sexual enhancement toy.

He was injured, it doesn't say how though. :(

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/co...009/01/06/man_drove_from_columbus_to_hav.html

(snip)
The 4-year-old boy was taken for a medical exam shortly after he was found at the rest stop. He is expected to recover from his physical injuries, Eddie Nelson said on NBC’s Today Show Monday.

Good Lord, what went on during the time he left the murder scene and ditched the boy at a reststop??

Most likely when the wallet got stolen, they had a picture of the boy in it. Then El Sicko decides to stalk his prey

"They also found shotgun shells, printed directions to the Nelson home, a day planner with a picture of a child and keys to the stolen Honda."
http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/co...009/01/06/man_drove_from_columbus_to_hav.html

The picture of a child was the boy!

Yes, Steadfast I agree about the father, can't imagine he'd be involved with the sexual assault of his own child. I suppose Myers fixated on the photograph of the boy and then went for him. That was the missing puzzle piece.

I found the DDN piece from today online. http://snipurl.com/9jupr Though Myers is identified by name as doing certain things-- going to the house, stealing the computers, he is never identified as the attacker. Of course, all of that is out the window with the announcement of the charges and you are probably right that the paper's attorneys said to tone it down.

Since I live here, I will probably cover this trial-- it is really a bizarre case, and if they make it a capital murder trial it raises all kinds of questions about disability, childhood trauma and so forth. I hope Young Will gets a whole lot of help and the circle of violence ends with Myers.

Good Lord, what went on during the time he left the murder scene and ditched the boy at a reststop??

Most likely when the wallet got stolen, they had a picture of the boy in it. Then El Sicko decides to stalk his prey

"They also found shotgun shells, printed directions to the Nelson home, a day planner with a picture of a child and keys to the stolen Honda."

The picture of a child was the boy!

I think you're right. I don't think he drove down there just to rob them anymore. I think he planned to molest the boy there. Just goes to show how dangerous it is to have your children's pictures on the internet.

I think you're right. I don't think he drove down there just to rob them anymore. I think he planned to molest the boy there. Just goes to show how dangerous it is to have your children's pictures on the internet.

I think he may of taken the laptop and the cellphone to see if there were more pictures of the boy on them as well.. some kind of sick obsession:furious:

OMG....I was right!!!

When I saw that reference to the picture of the boy....I just knew it.

It appears that this was all about William. Poor little guy.

I didn't see many pictures of William when looking through the myspace pages. I think it was the photo found among the stolen items from the Honda. The picture was in Myers' apartment.

I think he stole the computers because they are easy to pawn.

I didn't see many pictures of William when looking through the myspace pages. I think it was the photo found among the stolen items from the Honda. The picture was in Myers' apartment.

I think he stole the computers because they are easy to pawn.

ITA, the computers and electronic equipment were an afterthought. It never made sense that he would go there and only take those items leaving behind other valuables (why not clean the house out of as many valuables as you could carry?). That's one of the things that sat wrong with me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back