OH - Jennifer Nelson, 29, murdered in her Dayton home, 2 Jan 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is something that's just not right about what we know so far, I agree with the some of the other posters.

The reason I think it's not setting right with me right now is that this crime seems to have involved quite a bit of planning. Do you think?

1.Steal the car and hide it for approximately two weeks
2. Use the car to drive to the residence of the the car owner
3. Enter the home when the male that resides there isn't home
4. Steal yet another car for the trip home.

What am I missing? This just seems so far fetched for one person. I know that C. Myers has a record but how quickly do criminals graduate from B&E's to aggravated murder and kidnapping?

I see what you're saying, and if some other "complication" comes out, I won't be surprised. But, on the other hand, this all doesn't have to be some big plan.
1. Steal a car, because you're a thief.
2. Sit around goofing with the items you found in the car, which identify the car's owner.
3. Get bored, decide to drive over to the owner's house and rob them, since "Works 3 Jobs" is probably rarely home. Leave car nearby, but not in the driveway.
4. Tie up woman, begin to rob, don't hear (because you're deaf) that she's gotten out of her bindings and picked up a knife.
5. React to the total surprise of being stabbed in the back by shooting the woman.
6. Not have it in you to shoot a little boy. Decide to take him.
7. Realize you can't drag the little boy down the street without being seen. Steal car from driveway.
8. Drop boy at rest stop. Go home and goof around with the owner's possessions again.

It was reported that the car was stolen on 17 DEC 2008. That date was on a Wednesday. So this would have been stolen during the week.

Thanks for sharing your own personal experiences with this garage:)

Right - I looked at the Newport schedule because I had a hunch that's where the concert would be, and the concert was the night of Tuesday the 16th. So they probably got back after midnight sometime, realized the car was gone and called the cops. OSU was already out for winter break, so it would have been free to park and the "arm" barriers would have been up to allow traffic to enter in and out without paying.

Also, now that we know where the crime occurred and where C. Myers lived...I'm going to go try and figure out where the rest stop is where W. Nelson was found. I'm curious to see how that looks on a map.

The EB rest stop where William was found is at mile marker 71. (They count up from the Indiana line.... so its 71 miles east of the Indiana line.)

They may have been more comfortable since it was a garage - maybe they thought it would be safer? I have been guilty in the past of leaving my keys in a "hidden" place in my car - such as the glovebox - in what I considered to be a safe location, while I went running, just so I wouldn't have to carry the keys with me. Stupid, I know. Because it was a concert, they may have stripped their pockets to what they considered the essentials and just left the rest behind. Smart? Definitely not, but I don't see it as suspicious either, unless someone can prove a connection between the accused and the husband.

I, too, have done the same thing, on numerous occasions. I have keyless entry on my vehicle and can enter it that way. Guess I need to cut that out.

The police report indicates 18 minutes after midnight on the 16th....police messed up on the date??

Picture6-1.png

Picture8.png

I see what you're saying, and if some other "complication" comes out, I won't be surprised. But, on the other hand, this all doesn't have to be some big plan.
2. Sit around goofing with the items you found in the car, which identify the car's owner.
3. Get bored, decide to drive over to the owner's house and rob them, since "Works 3 Jobs" is probably rarely home. Leave car nearby, but not in the driveway.
4. Tie up woman, begin to rob, don't hear (because you're deaf) that she's gotten out of her bindings and picked up a knife.
5. React to the total surprise of being stabbed in the back by shooting the woman.
7. Realize you can't drag the little boy down the street without being seen. Steal car from driveway.
8. Drop boy at rest stop. Go home and goof around with the owner's possessions again.

Can't argue that, do you think he had someone else help him? (I'm not even remotely considering E. Nelson)

:crazy:

not that this is alaughing matter but your analogy of events cracked me up steadfast.

I too think that if someone stole my car (and i just went to see an AC DC concert in Philly a few weeks back and my husband left his wallet and keys under the passenger seat) that it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to get my name (insurance card) google me - find my facebook and Myspace page (although i do keep them private) they'd also get my address off that forementioned insurance card (or drivers license in said wallet) and then mapquest directions to my house.

The kid also seems a little freaky deaky from his web pages that we've seen, perhaps after doing a little investigating he got a hard on for the poor victim and planned to not only rob her but rape her as well 9or planned to rape her and then robbed her once he killed her) - why else tie her up - you'd think a big *advertiser censored* gun would be enough to get her attention.

also I think having a myspace page called Mr. 3 jobs or whatever the husbands was, would be a pretty good indication that the man of the house isn't home that often.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/co...009/01/06/stolen_car_used_in_womans_murd.html

"HARRISON TWP., Montgomery County - The 1999 Honda authorities believe Charlie Myers drove from Columbus to Jenny Nelson’s home on Friday, Jan. 2, was left unlocked with the keys inside when it was stolen from an Ohio State University parking lot on Dec. 17."

Oh, oh...now I am really suspicious!!

Most OSU parking lots and decks have security and cameras. It seems odd to me that out of the hundreds of cars parked there that evening that this fellow stumbled upon the one that was unlocked with the keys in it. I mean what are the odds on that? A guy going car to car in an OSU deck looking in cars is going to get caught with cameras and security. He had to have known where it was and walked right to it I am guessing.

Steadfast, both of the pieces you cited are from yesterday. Today's they keep referencing "his role" .... and a source inside the active media here has made some interesting observations about the developing story. That's as much as I can say, sorry.

*My apologies for one post appearing six times. Some gremlin in the works.*

Maybe the papers' attorneys said for them to stop saying Myers killed her.
Don't worry about the duplicates; you can delete them.
(I had to delete a bunch of mine, too.)
Could you direct me to thepost you're referencing?

The police report indicates 18 minutes after midnight on the 16th....police messed up on the date??

Picture6-1.png

Picture8.png

Could be they mixed it up - I don't understand the different date/time columns in your links, colomom, but the concert didn't even start until 7 p.m. on 12/16: http://snipurl.com/9jrri [events_columbusalive_com]

There is something that's just not right about what we know so far, I agree with the some of the other posters.

The reason I think it's not setting right with me right now is that this crime seems to have involved quite a bit of planning. Do you think?

1.Steal the car and hide it for approximately two weeks
2. Use the car to drive to the residence of the the car owner
3. Enter the home when the male that resides there isn't home
4. Steal yet another car for the trip home.

What am I missing? This just seems so far fetched for one person. I know that C. Myers has a record but how quickly do criminals graduate from B&E's to aggravated murder and kidnapping?

If he just wanted to rape her he would have been golden if he wouldn't have stolen anything. Just left the car at her house and took the bus back to Columbus. I really think he would have never been caught unless he started bragging. Who would think to look in Columbus for a rape that happened in Dayton. One of the dumbest criminals ever, he hung himself.

He would have been golden if he wouldn't have stolen anything and took the car to columbus. Idiot should have just taken the bus back and never stolen and used the phone. What a baffoon, kids nowadays I tell you. I guess I should rephrase that before I offend someone, some kids.

Reminds me of that cartoon "What a maroon" I think it was bugs bunny:)

Here are the charges ... eight counts of murder, etc.

http://snipurl.com/9jsu1

Boy, when Mat Heck throws the book at somebody, he throws hard. It will be interesting to see if he can make the case hold together.

I wonder what the stats are regarding the use of cell phones contributing to crime solving?

Here are the charges ... eight counts of murder, etc.

http://snipurl.com/9jsu1

Boy, when Mat Heck throws the book at somebody, he throws hard. It will be interesting to see if he can make the case hold together.
From your link:
Nelson, 29, broke free from her restraints, grabbed a knife and then stabbed Myers in the back while he was trying to have sexual contact with the boy, investigators said.

:eek: I didn't know that part.

Oh my....did you notice this (from that article SuziQ):

"Her little boy was then allegedly kidnapped and left unharmed at a Madison County rest stop."

First time I have seen it referred to that way.

Weirder and weirder....

That is a weird way to phrase that. Because no matter how you look at this case, IMO, the little boy was kidnapped.

A man arrested in the slaying of a young mother had her cell phone in his apartment when investigators came to question him, court documents show.
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20090106/UPDATES01/90106022

I don't know who made the call to Myers' cell phone, but Jennifer's cell phone was in Myers' possession.

Did he call on her cellphone or text? He's deaf so i'm guessing he texted himself from her phone? That sounds ridiculous and stupid he's not aware that they can trace cell phones or laptops?

From your link:
Nelson, 29, broke free from her restraints, grabbed a knife and then stabbed Myers in the back while he was trying to have sexual contact with the boy, investigators said.

:eek: I didn't know that part.

:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon