OH - Jennifer Nelson, 29, murdered in her Dayton home, 2 Jan 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kat, in your #68 post there was another MySpace entry for him. When I looked at the friends, there was a picture of the little boy! It was from "The Jenkens Family". I don't know when it was added, but they might have known each other.

Has there been footage of the little boy on tv? I haven't seen any photos of the boy. How do you know it is him? TIA! :)

Hi Granny P I saw that picture too in the friends list. I was unable to click on it before I closed the page to look at something else and when I went back the Dad had made his page private.

Yes, newsjunkie on one of the links earlier in this thread there was a picture of the little boy. I don't remember which one.

The picture of the little boy in the news article and the picture of the little boy that Granny P saw are two different boys. The one in the myspace friends list looked to be about at least a yr. older by my estimates. It's not on the cached page of Dad's Myspace that I have.

Has there been footage of the little boy on tv? I haven't seen any photos of the boy. How do you know it is him? TIA! :)

The little boy is a cutie...pics been on the news. That's not the same boy IMO on the Jenkins page. (I think that was the name) OH it's still up on perps page..if this is the one that was being referred to.

They had pictures of him on the TODAY show this moring, he's darling.

O/T Who makes a decision like that? I mean this is not a story about him calling 911 or rescuing a kitten-this is a story of him witnessing his mother's brutal struggle and murder-so someone is going to release his picture on national TV? Head shakin....JMO.

O/T Who makes a decision like that? I mean this is not a story about him calling 911 or rescuing a kitten-this is a story of him witnessing his mother's brutal struggle and murder-so someone is going to release his picture on national TV? Head shakin....JMO.

I didn't think about it but I guess you're right. The fact that they even released the family's name along with the picture is a bit frightening after they talked about how the boy remembered everything.

You'd think they would have at the very least waited until an arrest was mad.

I did find it interesting that dad kind of rambled on during the interview - like a nervous ramble.

The Jenkins Family myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=56984021 with picture of boy who looks similar to William.

Pictures of William here: http://news.aol.com/article/man-arrested-in-ohio-moms-slaying/292785

Close, but I am not sure...seems "thankful" would be a strange mood if it was him. I agree Kat, he looks older...

ETA: The Jenkins family is shown as a "friend" on Myers' page here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=249434241

That is 100% the boy I saw ont he TODAY show this morning.

My guess is that dad signed in (or someone in the family) to make the page private and never changed perhaps how it had been set prior ot the murder. hense the thankful mood.

Those 2 kids don't look alike at all to me. I feel so bad for that poor baby :(

Those 2 kids don't look alike at all to me. I feel so bad for that poor baby :(

They don't look alike and they have completely different names. It's amazing how this kind of mistake snowballs!
(It's happened to me before, too, GQ :))

Now I'm going nuts looking for a picture of the Nelson boy - I cant find it on the today show page. anyone?

it's truly amazing that at only 39 my mind is failing me already :)

Something to consider though...

Since the Jenkins Family and that little boy are listed as "friends" of Myers then I would assume that he knows them, right?

So, maybe Myers would have hurt William except for the fact that he looked so much like his "friend's" child?? It is rather weird to drive an hour just to dump him at a truck stop....

But, then again, the killing of Jenny Nelson seems to have been a knee-jerk over-reaction to her having stabbed him so maybe he was going to hurt William and just changed his mind or chickened out?

gooniequeen....aren't my pics of William showing up? Post #88

yep, they are. I never clicked the links. duh.

I should just pack it in today since my brain isn't fuctioning properly :crazy:

You guys are right, not the same kid. i hope i never have to pick someone out in a lineup. surely the wrong person would be convicted.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28503582

Police in Ohio have arrested a 22-year-old man in connection with the death of a Dayton mother and the kidnapping of her 4-year-old son, who was later abandoned at a highway rest stop.

Montgomery County Sheriff Phil Plummer identified the suspect as Charlie W. Myers of Harrison Township, Ohio. Plummer said the man confessed to involvement with the case and is being held in connection with an aggravated murder. Formal charges have not been filed.

Jenny Nelson, 29, was shot by an intruder last Friday in her Dayton home as she was getting her son, Will, ready for bed. The boy, who will turn 5 on Saturday, was kidnapped and later abandoned at a rest stop on I-70 outside of Columbus.Plummer said the young boy’s ability to tell police where he lived and to describe his mother’s attacker helped lead to the rapid arrest of Myers.

“He did a good job,” the sheriff said of Will Nelson. “He gave us a pretty good description of him: white male, height. He knew it was a stranger. He’s a very sharp young man.”

Plummer said that Myers has a criminal record that includes an arrest as a juvenile for aggravated arson. “He has a couple of misdemeanor property crimes,” Plummer said, adding that Myers had also been arrested on charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

“This is a bizarre case. This is probably the worst I’ve seen,” Plummer told reporters in describing the crime.

Earlier on Monday, Jenny Nelson’s husband, Eddie, and her sister, Amber Stillings, had spoken exclusively with TODAY’s Meredith Vieira about the shooting and kidnapping.

Nelson said his son is traumatized by what he saw and is not talking much about it.

“He’s not really spoken much about it at all. He’s still terrified,” the boy’s father, Eddie Nelson, said Monday. “I don’t know if he quite fully understands what’s going on, or he’s just not talking about it. He’s just in total shock right now.”

Three men questioned
Nelson, who was joined by his wife’s sister, Amber Stillings, spoke exclusively via satellite with TODAY’s Meredith Vieira three days after his wife, Jennifer, was murdered. The killer stole two computers and other items before kidnapping William and driving some 70 miles to the outskirts of Columbus, where he abandoned the boy at a rest stop on I-70.

On Sunday, police recovered a car belonging to Nelson’s mother that they believe was stolen by the intruder after the break-in and murder. The FBI said it was questioning three men in connection with the killing. The men were taken into custody Sunday evening at a house near the Ohio State University campus.

On Monday, an Ohio sheriff announced the arrest of Myers.

“As a mom, she was the best mom I could ever imagine for any child,” Stillings said of her sister Jennifer, who was 29. “She not only took care of William; she was with him 24 hours a day, seven days a week. She also took care of my other sister’s three children three days a week. She worked with Willie. He just loved her to death. I loved her to death.”

Eddie Nelson worked three jobs to allow his wife to stay home with their son, who will turn 5 on Saturday. He was at work Sunday when the break-in and murder occurred.

‘A bad man shot my mommy’
William was found at the rest stop by Mike and Judith McConnell, who were driving home to Maryland from a holiday trip out west when they pulled into the rest stop and noticed the little boy staring out the window. He was obviously alone and dressed in a sweat shirt and sweat pants and wearing socks but no shoes.

A teacher, Judith McConnell engaged him in conversation and soon learned what had happened. The McConnells called 911, and the boy told police, “A bad man came into my house without knocking and shot my mommy.”

Just to clarify, the child was left at a rest stop on I-70, not a truck stop. He wasn't there long before a middle-aged woman ( a teacher, no less ) thought something was odd about him being there alone and investigated. I thought I saw that the couple from Maryland stopped about 8:30 p.m. LE thinks the crime happened about 7 p.m., Harrison township is on the NW side of Dayton, and the rest stop is near Springfield (30-40 minutes away). So he might have been there an hour. Local media btw seem to be catching on that something is not right with Dad's tale.

Hey Kat,
The sisters MySpace profile puts her in Dublin, OH which is a suburb of Columbus. I know that in his rant about the stolen car that Eddie Nelson said that Jenny "had people" in the Columbus area they could have stayed with, but that she didn't have their numbers because her cell phone was stolen too. She didn't know her own sister's telephone number? She didn't know her Mom's number, so she could call and get her sister's number? I'm sure the police (who gave them a ride to the Red Roof Inn purportedly) would have allowed her to make a call or two?

This young lady tagged him in a photo as her "brother" twice.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=255345750

I glanced briefly and saw nothing of interest, but wanted to post it for others that are far more skilled than I am at determining what is important and what is not.

Kat, you ARE skilled. You did a great job. I had a chance to go through all the pic comments and Tasha Toxic is his little sister. So says him and her anyway.

Does anyone know ASL? I know the kids flash "gang signs" but in several pics this creep is flashing what is in ASL a "K" and an "L". Also I wonder if he's deaf oral? The little boy, Will may have noticed if the guy spoke oddly to him. From comments and stuff it looks like he kept in touch with people from the Deaf Community. Not that has a da*n thing to do with murdering a defenseless woman and abducting a child, and just ditching him.

Man that mugshot with the busted eye is priceless. They ought to beat his head like his eyeball. God forbid watch his defense be something about being deaf. All the decent, law abiding citizens in the Deaf Community will then have to deal with that.

Kat, though Jenny is listed as a friend, Mr. 3 Jobs is not. Jenny hasn't posted on Greeneyedcountrygirl's MySpace in months (if at all, I didn't see a post) and "Greeneyed" is not a Facebook friend of Jenny's. I'm sure when this stuff happens in your family, you feel strongly about it, but it doesn't appear that these cousins were close.

In other news, the Montgomery County Sheriff (not the brightest bulb in the pack) noted that Myers showed "little remorse" but is cooperating fully in the investigation. LE still can't figure out why he took the computers and cell phone but left other valuables behind, and state Myers has no connections with Montgomery County. (Except of course, the mysterious Jenkins family.) Here's the link: http://snipurl.com/9i4u7

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321
Back