OH - Jennifer Nelson, 29, murdered in her Dayton home, 2 Jan 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think theorizing that Charlie Myers was stalking her was a bit of a stretch. Jenny seems to have had a close relationship with a number of women friends including her sister(s) and mother-- surely she would've mentioned a stalker to them and they would have mentioned it to the press. She had a presence online, both on Facebook and MySpace, even though both are private. Women plagued stalkers would not even leave that access open.

Perhaps removal of computers and cell phone was part of a contract? Thing is, Charlie Myers doesn't even seem like much of a contract killer, either. What about the fact that the little boy identified his mother's killer as being tall and skinny (which Myers isn't) and did not mention anything about the perp being deaf or speaking in an unusual way?

Charlie Myers' MySpace pages do indicate that he is in love with someone-- but it isn't Jenny Nelson. Useful to keep in mind that Columbus and Dayton are 70 miles apart, and that Jenny was a full time "stay at home" Mom in a marriage lasting ten years. Then there's Mr. "I Have Three Jobs." Not only did his mother and mother-in-law mention this to the press, but this is the handle on his MySpace page. Dude... three jobs! Wouldn't it be better to get one decent job than three scutwork jobs? How much was he away from home -- 80 hours a week? Harrison Township isn't exactly the upper West side, the cost of living in Dayton is not that prohibitive. You know, does he protest too much?

It would be better to have one decent job, but in this economy they are few and far between. Employers do not want full time employees that they have to pay benefits for. Alot of people have several jobs nowdays that barely add up to 40 hours a week. Employers do not want full time employees that will cost them benefits. Three people living on one salary is expensive even in a low cost of living area.

While it's always a possibility that the husband is involved, I'm not seeing anything solid that leads down that path.

Bolded by me. I would assume because he's on them!! I think this guy was stalking her. Check out her myspace.

If he was stalking this poor woman why would he need written directions to her home?

If this was the case it would have to be when he boosted that car and found Three Job's wallet he found information leading him to look for Jenny on the computer.

Did Eddie Nelson leave their cell phone number in the car with his wallet, with his keys when he went into a concert?

The only person I could find on Eddie Nelson's friends is a guy that's into cars and car shows. It appears they all his friends have kids and are in their 30's. No sign of any young punks.

I'll go out on a limb and say 100% "Jenkins Family" is a coinkydink of a person with a small child. The URL is Butterlove2831. A search of that shows a person with a AOL account. Her name beginning with a "C". The only other thing even remotely on the line of a great big maybe is she has a friend named Amber. NOW, if Jennifer's sister Amber attended Gallaudet University we'd be on to something.

Dog Tags?

The Nelson's have a dog?

Where was the dog?

Could the dog tags have been left in the car when it got stolen?

I bet the weekly planner was in the car when it was stolen. Why would he have taken that from the house?

Not only is this guy a murderer he's a freak. Male enhancements? Vibrators?

The Nelsons have two dogs, a Boston Terrier and a Pug. The Boston Terrier is the profile pic for Jenny's Facebook page, and the pug wearing a wig is the profile pic for her MySpace account. On her husband's cached MySpace page, she says something about "10 years, one kid and two ugly dogs later and I still love hanging out with you."

I wonder if he wasn't going to kill her just saw some sexy pics of her on the husbands cellphone and got turned on. Decided to go take a roadtrip to check her out in person. People are weird and who knows what it takes to turn a freak on anymore. I truly hope my gut is wrong and the husband is not involved at all. I seriously doubt she talked to this guy online or even knew him because how on Earth would he just happened to have known where her car was in that huge town. Either it was just some random weird sicko or hubby told him where the car was parked right?

Charlie is a *advertiser censored* *advertiser censored* star *advertiser censored*, no not really but that is what he states he is on that yearbook site. Legend in his own mind so to speak? Also looks like he tried to "battle" all the good looking people on the ego contests and lost every single time.

Another mugshot:

Myers.png

Wonder when this one was taken??

Good Morning! Colomon, I watched Jane V last night and it showed C Myers in court. He had this shiner. I do wonder where he got that?

Here's another of Charlie Myer's online profiles, this one on My Yearbook. com. Pretty suggestive. http://snipurl.com/9inl0

Excellent find Larkin. I had no clue this social networking site exsisted, so yet another I will bookmark when I go looking for people:D

Notice on this webpage he selects under his Looking for tab: Friendship, Dating, True Love, Random Play, Business, Whatever I Can Get
(Bolding by me)

And he selects under his interest tab: Both

Now being bi-sexual (or experimenting with one's sexuality) has nothing to do with his alleged crime, I, personally believe, that our sexual preference in regards to orientation is but just a very small facet of our personalities.

But it's interesting to note that he has a person of alternate lifestyle as one of his top friends on his myspace and that person has him listed as number two.

As I said, it means nothing in relation to this case, but it does give us more insight into C. Myers. and his life.

The last couple of items sound like there was a sexual assault involved. Or the intention of one anyways.

I think so too SuziQ.

I know we all hate to "go there" but has anyone considered that perhaps the assault was on William? From the story it does not sound like there was any time to assault Jenny. Blood on underwear? Sounds like force. Also, what's up with the "picture of a child" mentioned in the confiscated items?

Myers mentioned living in a violent atmosphere, perhaps he was abused??

Sorry if I turned anyone's stomach this morning.

*Good morning to you Kat! Perhaps the prisoners in the general population know more about the possible assault and they meted out some prison justice? One can hope....

i personally do not believe that the husband had anything to do with it. My main reasoning is that apparently CM has confessed to murdering Jenny and police also found the 2 computers a playstation and her cell phone (which the dummy used to call his own cell phone from AFTER Jenny was dead) - see link.

http://dispatch.com/live/content/lo...yers.ART_ART_01-06-09_A1_3MCEC26.html?sid=101

Obviously the boy is not too bright and IF he was hired to kill her or was given some incentive to kill her he would have totally rolled on anyone else involved by now.

I know we all hate to "go there" but has anyone considered that perhaps the assault was on William? From the story it does not sound like there was any time to assault Jenny. Blood on underwear? Sounds like force. Also, what's up with the "picture of a child" mentioned in the confiscated items?

Myers mentioned living in a violent atmosphere, perhaps he was abused??

Sorry if I turned anyone's stomach this morning.

*Good morning to you Kat! Perhaps the prisoners in the general population know more about the possible assault and they meted out some prison justice? One can hope....

:eek: Oh no, please don't let it be that.

I don't think there was time for him to have assaulted William. The police estimate the time of death was around 7 p.m. William was found around 8:30 at the rest stop and had apparently been there for a little while. I can't imagine he'd hang around the Redder Ave. house after the gunshots. The EB rest area is at mile marker 71. Harrison Township is in the NW corner of Dayton, around mile marker 35. So, you have to figure 35 miles, plus he had to make his way from 80 Redder Ave. to the interstate, in an area where it is not obvious how to get there. Particularly if you've just shot someone. (And I think we can suppose he hasn't made it a habit to shoot people, since his juvenile record doesn't include anything like this and he has no record as an adult.) So figure: 7 pm to 7:20 just to get to the interstate, 7:20 to 8:00 to get to the rest stop-- don't think he would be driving like a bat out of hell, given the circumstances. I don't think charges have been filed yet, but that should give us some insight as to what they believe happen.

Please allow me to counsel caution in "demonizing" Charlie Myers. We don't know what happened. We don't know who beat him up or why. We don't even know the full extent of his involvement, and as experienced armchair sleuths, you've gotta know that "confessions" can be a real mixed bag. Conventional media like for people to leap to conclusions-- it sells newspapers and raises the ratings of the evening news. But as a veteran journalist, I can tell you, so often these things turn out differently than we expect.

Do I think Charlie Myers is an altar boy? No. Is he innocent? Probably not... but then, who knows. How did they know to look for the sexually related items? (And remember, they were itemized on the search warrant) Because someone (Three Jobs, presumably) told them they were missing. Perhaps Jenny was not wearing her underwear. Maybe the blood was menstrual. Maybe not. This could be a horrible random crime where this guy went off his nut, stole a car, kept it three weeks, decided to go steal more stuff from the people who had the car, assaulted Jenny and/or Will and murdered her, left the first car, stole another car (leaving prints all over-- and remember, his prints are in the system.) Or maybe not.

Please remember that when you call for his brutalization at this early hour of the investigation, it doesn't reflect well on any of us as civilized human beings. And it doesn't bring Jenny back, or take away her son's pain.

(snipped)
Please allow me to counsel caution in "demonizing" Charlie Myers. We don't know what happened. We don't know who beat him up or why. We don't even know the full extent of his involvement, and as experienced armchair sleuths, you've gotta know that "confessions" can be a real mixed bag. Conventional media like for people to leap to conclusions-- it sells newspapers and raises the ratings of the evening news. But as a veteran journalist, I can tell you, so often these things turn out differently than we expect.

Do I think Charlie Myers is an altar boy? No. Is he innocent? Probably not... but then, who knows. How did they know to look for the sexually related items? (And remember, they were itemized on the search warrant) Because someone (Three Jobs, presumably) told them they were missing. Perhaps Jenny was not wearing her underwear. Maybe the blood was menstrual. Maybe not. This could be a horrible random crime where this guy went off his nut, stole a car, kept it three weeks, decided to go steal more stuff from the people who had the car, assaulted Jenny and/or Will and murdered her, left the first car, stole another car (leaving prints all over-- and remember, his prints are in the system.) Or maybe not.

Please remember that when you call for his brutalization at this early hour of the investigation, it doesn't reflect well on any of us as civilized human beings. And it doesn't bring Jenny back, or take away her son's pain.

What needs to be cautioned here is demonizing the husband with no evidence whatsoever that leads to his involvement. However, there is plenty that points towards Charlie Meyers sole role and guilt. I don't see where pointing fingers at the husband, but giving Charlie the benefit of the doubt would make us more civilized human beings.

ETA: Did I miss something? I don't recall anyone in this thread calling for brutilization. I think posters have been fair of their opinion givien of Charlie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck_317
Back