OH - Jennifer Nelson, 29, murdered in her Dayton home, 2 Jan 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
~snip
Man that mugshot with the busted eye is priceless. They ought to beat his head like his eyeball. God forbid watch his defense be something about being deaf. All the decent, law abiding citizens in the Deaf Community will then have to deal with that.

Hi Filly!

Do you think that is an old mugshot Filly? I think it was taken shortly after the first one shown. Same hair, same shirt, same mass of zits under lip....

I think another prisoner popped him one. Wonder why they would take a second mugshot?

ETA: checked Larkin's link above and found my answer...."Myers appeared in a Franklin County courtroom Monday afternoon, Jan. 5, for an extradition hearing with a swollen right eye and cheek."

Kat, though Jenny is listed as a friend, Mr. 3 Jobs is not. Jenny hasn't posted on Greeneyedcountrygirl's MySpace in months (if at all, I didn't see a post) and "Greeneyed" is not a Facebook friend of Jenny's. I'm sure when this stuff happens in your family, you feel strongly about it, but it doesn't appear that these cousins were close.

In other news, the Montgomery County Sheriff (not the brightest bulb in the pack) noted that Myers showed "little remorse" but is cooperating fully in the investigation. LE still can't figure out why he took the computers and cell phone but left other valuables behind, and state Myers has no connections with Montgomery County. (Except of course, the mysterious Jenkins family.) Here's the link: http://snipurl.com/9i4u7

I'm going to delete her webpage link, I felt strange posting it at the time. I felt as if I was violating her privacy.

My personal opinion Kat....if you don't want your personal business out there in cyber space you should set your stuff to private or not post it in the first place.

But, you should follow your conscience. :blowkiss:

I'm back, have we established whether "the Jenkins Family" listed in the murderer's friends section was the husband's or the wife's MySpace page? I'm certain the picture is the same little boy.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/story/content/oh/story/news/local/2009/01/05/ddn010509homicideweb.html

"Nelson died from two gunshot wounds to the abdoment, according to the Montgomery County Coroner's office.

Investigators believe Myers drove to Nelson's home on Redder Avenue on Friday in a Honda that Nelson and her husband reported stolen Dec. 17 in Columbus while they attended a concert.

Once at the Redder Avenue home, Myers kicked open the front door and restrained Jenny Nelson, 29.

Nelson, however, broke free, grabbed a knife and stabbed Myers in the back. During the ensuing struggle, Myers grabbed a shotgun he brought with him from Columbus and shot Nelson, killing her about 7 p.m. Friday.

Investigators believe Myers then grabbed Nelson's 4-year-old son and drove away in a black Oldsmobile Alero that's owned by one of her relatives."

I still think it's strange that he drove the car that was reported stolen on 17 DEC 08.:waitasec:

Kids are home, going to go do my Mommy duties! I'll check in tomorrow to see what is new.

Hi Filly!

Do you think that is an old mugshot Filly? I think it was taken shortly after the first one shown. Same hair, same shirt, same mass of zits under lip....

I think another prisoner popped him one. Wonder why they would take a second mugshot?

ETA: checked Larkin's link above and found my answer...."Myers appeared in a Franklin County courtroom Monday afternoon, Jan. 5, for an extradition hearing with a swollen right eye and cheek."

Hi CM. There we have the answer. He is deaf afterall so maybe when the cops told him to put his hands on top of his head he missed that and thus got himself a black eye. The lil creep face.

I'm still wondering why he'd unhook computers when he could have grabbed up light stuff that wouldn't have got his tail caught as easily as computers. It's just all so sad. Plus a cell? Why would you bring a shotgun to burglarize a home?

Too bad he doesn't have the same compassion and care for human beings as he seems to have for animals in all those photos. Another wannabe Thug4Life. An innocent woman in her prime murdered in cold blood. It's all just too sad for words.

I'd be very surprised if the responsibility for the "innocent woman in her prime murdered in cold blood" doesn't come to fall squarely where it usually does . . . on the head of the supposedly innocent spouse. There's just no logical motive for this particular person to have committed this particular crime as it stands. Some very important part of the puzzle is missing.

Does anyone else think it's odd that the bright little 4 year old did not mention that the perp had trouble hearing and speaking?

Have been waiting all day to post because I am so frustrated some people think it is a closed case since he admitted he did it. Why would someone drive an hour and a half roughly just to steal two computers? Surely in the huge city of Columbus there are many homes that have computers within walking distance of this guy. Maybe the hubby was having an online affair ala Scotty Peterson and wanted rid of the wife? Maybe that is why the computers had to go. But to go through all this trouble, I am sure hubby could have had someone locally steal the computers. I feel like some here this isn't all there is to this.

I'm back, have we established whether "the Jenkins Family" listed in the murderer's friends section was the husband's or the wife's MySpace page? I'm certain the picture is the same little boy.

Ganny, I don't believe the "Jenkins" are the Nelson's. A search came up whoever that is the female's name is C*****, and it looks like she knows Myers through the deaf community. I found a comment by her on another female's page and that girl went to Gallaudet University. That's a school for the deaf. So there's a connection somehow through the deaf community. That is unless one of the Nelson's has been lying on line for a long time and pretends their name is C*****. I'm leaving the Jenkins chicks name out because she has a child.

Like ColoMom said though you don't want anything known don't be posting it on line. Just from these Myspaces private or not you can find somebody.

That is why I do not like myspace, the world is scary enough without having to put all your info out there. But I guess if someone wants to find you bad enough they will, I have a stalker and it is scary. The police told me there is nothing they can do as no crime has been commited yet. Makes victims feel like there is nobody who cares or will help them. But this isn't about me and right now I just am praying everyone responsible for this is caught. This Myer fellow is probably already singing like a canary.

That is why I do not like myspace, the world is scary enough without having to put all your info out there. But I guess if someone wants to find you bad enough they will, I have a stalker and it is scary. The police told me there is nothing they can do as no crime has been commited yet. Makes victims feel like there is nobody who cares or will help them. But this isn't about me and right now I just am praying everyone responsible for this is caught. This Myer fellow is probably already singing like a canary.

Still scary. Take care of yourself. :blowkiss:

Still scary. Take care of yourself. :blowkiss:

Am trying my best, I have two kids so I am more scared for them. At least if he gets me eventually I know I have the smartest people in the world here that will figure it out, even if the police can't. Have been reading this site forever and you are all amazing. You have something called "common sense" which many in the world are lacking, sorry to say.

Kat, in your #68 post there was another MySpace entry for him. When I looked at the friends, there was a picture of the little boy! It was from "The Jenkens Family". I don't know when it was added, but they might have known each other.

This is a great find. This is the connection, I hope LE picks this up!

Kat, though Jenny is listed as a friend, Mr. 3 Jobs is not. Jenny hasn't posted on Greeneyedcountrygirl's MySpace in months (if at all, I didn't see a post) and "Greeneyed" is not a Facebook friend of Jenny's. I'm sure when this stuff happens in your family, you feel strongly about it, but it doesn't appear that these cousins were close.

In other news, the Montgomery County Sheriff (not the brightest bulb in the pack) noted that Myers showed "little remorse" but is cooperating fully in the investigation. LE still can't figure out why he took the computers and cell phone but left other valuables behind, and state Myers has no connections with Montgomery County. (Except of course, the mysterious Jenkins family.) Here's the link: http://snipurl.com/9i4u7

Bolded by me. I would assume because he's on them!! I think this guy was stalking her. Check out her myspace.

Now being discussed on Jane Velez Mitchell's show. 4 yr old will not be required to testify. 4 yr old is now showing signs of distress due to what has happened. The couple who found him at the rest stop are heros. Mother is a hero for teaching him to memorize his address and phone numbers.

Bolded by me. I would assume because he's on them!! I think this guy was stalking her. Check out her myspace.

Her who?? If you mean Jenny's, it is set to private and I can't see anything....can you post a link to the connection you see, please?

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2009/01/05/ddn010509warrantweb.html

Once inside Myers' home on 70 McMillen Ave., investigator's found a cell phone, a blue Dell laptop computer, and a Playstation 2 video game system "consistent with" items stolen from the Nelson's home the night of the slaying, the affidavit said.

Detectives also found four shotgun shells and printed directions to the Nelson's home on a table inside Myers' apartment, according to the affidavit. Detectives also found the keys from the Nelsons' Honda, which they reported as stolen in Columbus on Dec. 17.

Detectives and agents returned with a search warrant. Among the items they sought were the laptop, cell phone and written directions to Nelson home, as well as a vibrator, a sexual enhancement device, personal lubricant and any clothing bearing blood or other bodily fluids.

During the search, authorities confiscated a Dell laptop, another laptop, various pieces of computer equipment, the written directions to Nelson's home, a shotgun and shells, a weekly planner with a child's photo, two cell phones, an Aldi bag containing Honda keys and dog tags for the Nelsons' dog, a vibrator, and underwear with blood on it.

I think theorizing that Charlie Myers was stalking her was a bit of a stretch. Jenny seems to have had a close relationship with a number of women friends including her sister(s) and mother-- surely she would've mentioned a stalker to them and they would have mentioned it to the press. She had a presence online, both on Facebook and MySpace, even though both are private. Women plagued stalkers would not even leave that access open.

Perhaps removal of computers and cell phone was part of a contract? Thing is, Charlie Myers doesn't even seem like much of a contract killer, either. What about the fact that the little boy identified his mother's killer as being tall and skinny (which Myers isn't) and did not mention anything about the perp being deaf or speaking in an unusual way?

Charlie Myers' MySpace pages do indicate that he is in love with someone-- but it isn't Jenny Nelson. Useful to keep in mind that Columbus and Dayton are 70 miles apart, and that Jenny was a full time "stay at home" Mom in a marriage lasting ten years. Then there's Mr. "I Have Three Jobs." Not only did his mother and mother-in-law mention this to the press, but this is the handle on his MySpace page. Dude... three jobs! Wouldn't it be better to get one decent job than three scutwork jobs? How much was he away from home -- 80 hours a week? Harrison Township isn't exactly the upper West side, the cost of living in Dayton is not that prohibitive. You know, does he protest too much?

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2009/01/05/ddn010509warrantweb.html

Once inside Myers' home on 70 McMillen Ave., investigator's found a cell phone, a blue Dell laptop computer, and a Playstation 2 video game system "consistent with" items stolen from the Nelson's home the night of the slaying, the affidavit said.

Detectives also found four shotgun shells and printed directions to the Nelson's home on a table inside Myers' apartment, according to the affidavit. Detectives also found the keys from the Nelsons' Honda, which they reported as stolen in Columbus on Dec. 17.

Detectives and agents returned with a search warrant. Among the items they sought were the laptop, cell phone and written directions to Nelson home, as well as a vibrator, a sexual enhancement device, personal lubricant and any clothing bearing blood or other bodily fluids.

During the search, authorities confiscated a Dell laptop, another laptop, various pieces of computer equipment, the written directions to Nelson's home, a shotgun and shells, a weekly planner with a child's photo, two cell phones, an Aldi bag containing Honda keys and dog tags for the Nelsons' dog, a vibrator, and underwear with blood on it.

The last couple of items sound like there was a sexual assault involved. Or the intention of one anyways.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23
Back