Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the text exchange with "Jnhstioj" is not with Joey's cousin. It is with a friend. His cousins never heard back from via text that night after he disappeared.

Mayor- tried messaging u but your inbox is full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been some talk that "Jnhstioj" could be an attempt to quickly type Johnstown. Look at the iPhone keyboard and you can see with each letter how that could be the case.

Well, FWIW, the dental practice being discussed in that text screen grab is located in Johnstown.

What ?! Isn't dental works a chain??? I though they had more than one location.
This is crazy and super weird if that's the location his cousins wife works at !

Her case? Who?

Someone posted on previous page about Christina Morris. I tried to reply to that comment that her case was going to be Dr. Phil 2mrw, but it posted here by mistake. It wouldn't let me delete it. Sorry!

I've been some talk that "Jnhstioj" could be an attempt to quickly type Johnstown. Look at the iPhone keyboard and you can see with each letter how that could be the case.

Well, FWIW, the dental practice being discussed in that text screen grab is located in Johnstown.

Do you know if Joey had an iPhone ?

Bighair - Sorry. You should be able to message me. They only let me keep 5 msgs in my inbox for some reason.

Bighair - Sorry. You should be able to message me. They only let me keep 5 msgs in my inbox for some reason.
Don't worry, the number of messages you are allowed will go up once you have more Posts on websleuths!

Also- can't seem to find the post from "bbqkaren" with the screen shots of his text messages?
His cousin's wife (Stacey) is a dental hygienist- that is who he is talking about in the text. Trying to figure out who Chad might be- the texts give off a negative tone. I am guessing that he must have had some sort of conversation with Stacey about this and it appears that Joey called this person out through texts. Maybe this person he is texting is an ex or someone he used to go out with?

Also, if you come across new stories later in the week, they have blurred out the texts prior to his last one. And who's phone was that text sent to? A friend or family member? And clearly if you look at the time stamp, he would have had to sent that text to them for a reason considering the prior conversation was days earlier and therefore they wouldn't necessarily be at the top of his messages list.

The text exchange was between Joey and his friend Matt based on the 10tv article linked above.

Very interesting observation on the time stamp. The garbled text shows as "3/5/2016 1:22 AM." I don't see the time stamp on the texts about Chad and Stacey. Am I missing it?

What day is trash collection in Short North? All the talk regarding the alley ways has me wondering if he could have been attacked or raped in the alley and whether intentionally or not, he passed away and was disposed in a dumpster.

I know that residential in that area is in the black zone, which is Thursdays (until it rotates again after the next holiday). That doesn't mean it's the same for businesses, though, which have private dumpsters. The dumpsters in the complex where I live are not emptied on the same day as the condo trash cans (both apartments and condos where I live). But I know that when we searched that Saturday, which was one week after he went missing, some of the dumpsters that I looked in were basically empty as if they'd been done the day prior, and others were full.

Also, the alleys in that area are fairly well trafficked by people in the area because so many use them as a cut through to get home or because of the townhomes/apartments that have doors sometimes facing the alleyway. There aren't really any deserted alleys in that part of Columbus. They're used nearly as much as any other street downtown.

Adding...

Cousin Stacey, half-bro Patrick & friend (since they were 12) Justin video/interviews: http://nbc4i.com/2016/03/10/family-desperate-for-news-about-missing-man-as-search-enters-sixth-day/

Okay, that is the video that I was thinking of a few pages back where a picture is shown in the video of him and Stacey that night in Union - either from snapchat or just a random selfie. You can make out a bit of his flannel shirt, although the image quality isn't great.

Thanks for clearing that up for me about who that gibberish text and conversation was with (with Matt, not his cousin).
Where did you get the info that the dental practice discussed in the text is located in Johnstown ?

The text exchange was between Joey and his friend Matt based on the 10tv article linked above.

Very interesting observation on the time stamp. The garbled text shows as "3/5/2016 1:22 AM." I don't see the time stamp on the texts about Chad and Stacey. Am I missing it?

I don't see the time stamp for Chad and Stacey either. Why would that be ? That part could be from earlier in the day, and the gibberish message at 1:22am ? I am not sure either.

Not necessarily. We were in Columbus four years ago for my daughters wedding. There were close to 20 of us. We were surrounded by a large group and had guns pulled on us. This was a Saturday night on the sidewalk right in front of several bars with doorman outside seeing everything. Not one person said or did anything to help us. No one even called the police. We called the police twice and after waiting for them close to an hour, finally left.
That is awful.

I don't see the time stamp for Chad and Stacey either. Why would that be ? That part could be from earlier in the day, and the gibberish message at 1:22am ? I am not sure either.

I think the reason you do not see a time stamp from the earlier messages is because those texts were sent at least an hour prior.
I know that is how my phone is- Say I was exchanging texts with someone- we quit texting for (no less than) an hour and then she ends up texting me again- at that point, a time stamp would appear. It appears as though Joey was texting Matt earlier in the evening. Perhaps, when he was with Stacey. Stacey obviously let Joey know about some information that Joey appears to have gotten upset about?

Now... from just my random researching....
Joey texted the gibberish text to Matt- Matt is dating Chad- Stacey is Chad's dental hygienist- it appears that Matt and Chad have been dating for awhile- Stacey obviously told Joey something (that Matt lied about) from Chad- just my speculation, but do you suppose that maybe Joey has been romantically involved with either of these guys? Just think that one of these men has some information that would be helpful in regards to this case.....

Wow. It is rather unsettling how much Joey resembles Brian Shaffer.

And how unsettling that yet ANOTHER young, good looking college-aged man absolutely vanishes from a bar while out with friends? There have literally been over a hundred of these cases in the past 15 or so years, often in the same geographical location. This happens over and over and over again, yet very few people seem to pay it much attention and dismiss these as unrelated and "accidental " (many of the guys are found days, weeks, months later in nearby bodies of water). Hopefully this isn't the case for Joey and he is found safe, but the shear number of these similar disappearances of young men without much attention paid to them is getting absurd.

After a conversation last night with a group of my friends, we can't understand how this case hasn't peeked the interest of any national or regional news coverage, especially considering the Arnold Classic was in town that weekend and perhaps one of the many out of town visitors saw something but have no idea what they may have seen would be helpful because they left town before the local coverage started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay