GUILTY OH - Johnny Clarke, 21, & Lisa Straub, 20, murdered, Springfield Twp, 31 Jan 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I could be way off base here, but I really do not think that Tiffany is directly involved. You have to put yourself in the mind of a 21/22 yr old...

My take on the scenario:

They were supposedly going out at 11 p.m. at night, and were picking Tiffany up. Most likely going to a bar or party. Even though Tiffany has her own car, she is riding with them, and one of them was probably the "designated driver". She is talking to both of them on the phone-a 3 way call. They are laughing and joking, getting ready to go out. The phone goes dead. She calls back, and Johny "answers" his cell (hitting the button) but at the same time is confronted by the perp(s) and Tiffany hears Johny asking who they were, etc. and the phone goes dead. At this point in time, she really knows nothing. For all she knows, Johny could have been startled, but it could have been a neighbor, a friend, etc. She does not know a crime has been committed. She is young--they do not think like us "seasoned pros". She waits for them for awhile, trying to call/text them back. Probably still not too concerned yet. When she does not reach them, she goes over in the car. Lights on, perhaps she can see in and see cabinets in the kitchen are ransacked (open, stuff on counter) but does not see them. If she rang the doorbell and perp is still there, he probably silenced Lisa and Johny, and "hid", so Tiffany would not see them. She leaves, maybe thinking they are at her house. Perp closes blinds so no more interruptions. When Tiffany realizes that they still have not come, she called Johny's mom. By then, the perp is done and turns lights off and leaves. Cops come, probably circled the house, but really did not make an effort to look in (lights off, blinds close). By 3rd 911, Johny's family looks in the blinds and sees them.

So my initial questions, based on this scenario would be:
1. Where the lights found on or off?
2. Tiffany must have known Johny's family to call them? Although some time had passed, not an unreasonable amount, considering scenario above. Why would J's Mom accuse Tiffany? She seemed forthcoming in calling them. Why not just leave it alone for that night, and have them discovered the next day?
3. Who would have known Lisa's parents were out of town?
4. Has LE stated for certain that drugs were involved? People use scales when they are dieting, especially weight watchers. Maybe someone in the house was dieting, so the scale was a common sight?
5. Fingerprints/DNA will be key in this case. There has to be something, somewhere in that house.
I think if Tiffany was involved, they would have nailed her already.
6. Did Tiffany have a boyfriend/or an ex who was jealous of her friendship w/Johny and/or Lisa? Maybe he thought Tiff would be with them?
Hmm-maybe not though, because if he were still in the house when Tiffany rang the bell, he would have had her come in.

This reminds me so much of the case of the family in Richmond VA that was robbed/murdered New Yrs eve/day...when their daughter returned from a sleepover, the burglars murdered her too, after she got in the house. Maybe a neighbors son who thought the house would be empty or had it for Lisa?

I'm digging and digging, and coming up with some things that make my hinky meter go up. However, it's the same sort of stuff we see in soooo many cases, where a victim had a spiderweb of connections to some seriously questionable/criminal people. RL is calling me right now but when I get a chance, I want to visually diagram all of these connections and wait and see if any of it connects when/if starts naming suspects.

sorry. i didn't know that i had to be verified. i will send salem a message. the window is not shown in any pictures. they peaked thru a window in the back of the house where there are blinds that were turned downward. that is why the cousin had to be hoisted up to see.

Hmm. The blinds were turned downward?

I wonder if the Straub's "normally" did that? Maybe it was the perp(s)?

Some people like to turn them upward. I wonder if those blinds were "normally" closed.

I could be way off base here, but I really do not think that Tiffany is directly involved. You have to put yourself in the mind of a 21/22 yr old...

My take on the scenario:

They were supposedly going out at 11 p.m. at night, and were picking Tiffany up. Most likely going to a bar or party. Even though Tiffany has her own car, she is riding with them, and one of them was probably the "designated driver". She is talking to both of them on the phone-a 3 way call. They are laughing and joking, getting ready to go out. The phone goes dead. She calls back, and Johny "answers" his cell (hitting the button) but at the same time is confronted by the perp(s) and Tiffany hears Johny asking who they were, etc. and the phone goes dead. At this point in time, she really knows nothing. For all she knows, Johny could have been startled, but it could have been a neighbor, a friend, etc. She does not know a crime has been committed. She is young--they do not think like us "seasoned pros". She waits for them for awhile, trying to call/text them back. Probably still not too concerned yet. When she does not reach them, she goes over in the car. Lights on, perhaps she can see in and see cabinets in the kitchen are ransacked (open, stuff on counter) but does not see them. If she rang the doorbell and perp is still there, he probably silenced Lisa and Johny, and "hid", so Tiffany would not see them. She leaves, maybe thinking they are at her house. Perp closes blinds so no more interruptions. When Tiffany realizes that they still have not come, she called Johny's mom. By then, the perp is done and turns lights off and leaves. Cops come, probably circled the house, but really did not make an effort to look in (lights off, blinds close). By 3rd 911, Johny's family looks in the blinds and sees them.

If the Tiffany that I THINK is involved is the right Tiffany, no, your scenario is not how it went down. I don't know if I can say why because Tiffany has not publicly been named by LE. I will say this though, I grew up in the area that JC came from so I now how the kids around there act, I have also seen JC & LS's old Myspace pages (not to say anything bad about them) BUT these are not "wholesome" young adults, these were not the kind of kids who looked for designated drivers. The kids that live in the area that I grew up in & that JC came from are for the most part gangster/ wannabe's who dont get DD's when they're going out to "kick it" You would think that people this age don't think about how to pull off crimes but they do. I have alot more I could say about this "Tiffany" but will withhold it until she's been named publicly because I don't want to get in any trouble with the mods :)

Does anyone know if either victim, or their families, had posted on their social media sites about the parents being out of town?

sorry. i didn't know that i had to be verified. i will send salem a message. the window is not shown in any pictures. they peaked thru a window in the back of the house where there are blinds that were turned downward. that is why the cousin had to be hoisted up to see.

Welcome anthony! The verification process is simple here, and it is just so we can weed out rumor from fact...we like to protect all of our sleuthers here when we can.

Until a mod verifies you, please try not to post information that is not in the public domain, like a newspaper...am I making sense? Once you check in with Salem, we will get you verified ASAP..

Welcome anthony! The verification process is simple here, and it is just so we can weed out rumor from fact...we like to protect all of our sleuthers here when we can.

Until a mod verifies you, please try not to post information that is not in the public domain, like a newspaper...am I making sense? Once you check in with Salem, we will get you verified ASAP..

thanks believe09 i am waiting to be verified.

Don't know if anyone has posted on this or not, but the items found in the search warrant (bits of plastic baggies) alot of people were confused about the bits of plastic. This is a KNOWN sign to look for regarding whether someone is a drug abuser or not...

Heroin and Meth in particular....I did a google search and here's a link regarding the bits of baggie

http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Police/DrugResources/page5807.aspx

Forgive me for being lazy and not searching harder. I'm at work on my lunch break. Is there a copy of the search warrant out there or are the references being made just to what's been published in the media? If it's available, or there's a specific article, can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Also, RE: the baggies. Has anyone even heard of WHITE baggies? I don't think I've ever seen them. Always clear. Next time I'm grocery shopping, I'll have to look twice. I don't remember if they were stated as being from inside the house or not, but in the same vein of tracing the tape, I imagine WHITE baggies aren't that common and could be traced easier than basic duct tape from Walmart. Aside from that, because they're allegedly white and not clear, I'm curious if the "bits of baggies" were actually pieces of the plastic bags...

Also, RE: the baggies. Has anyone even heard of WHITE baggies? I don't think I've ever seen them. Always clear. Next time I'm grocery shopping, I'll have to look twice. I don't remember if they were stated as being from inside the house or not, but in the same vein of tracing the tape, I imagine WHITE baggies aren't that common and could be traced easier than basic duct tape from Walmart. Aside from that, because they're allegedly white and not clear, I'm curious if the "bits of baggies" were actually pieces of the plastic bags...

Maybe the baggies were clear but had a white residue in them? Certain drugs, like cocaine, which is white & usually sold in the tips of plastic baggies that have been ripped off & tied at the end, will turn a clear plastic baggy white.

I think drug dealers will use anything to hold what they are selling to someone, and the bottom corners of a kitchen catcher, which is white in colour, can turn into two baggies if you tear them off, kwim? I feel like I've seen these types of makeshift bags made from the corners of larger bags on intervention.

Okay freshbait, you know what I'm talking about with the baggie corners! I'm glad I'm not crazy

Okay freshbait, you know what I'm talking about with the baggie corners! I'm glad I'm not crazy

I sold weed when I was a teenager and I used this method occasionally. Usually just the basic sandwich baggie though. And occasionally I'd get something like these at the head shop.

tumblr_l749l3T50h1qbi0obo1_1280.jpg

Maybe the baggies were clear but had a white residue in them? Certain drugs, like cocaine, which is white & usually sold in the tips of plastic baggies that have been ripped off & tied at the end, will turn a clear plastic baggy white.

:) Benny beat me to it.

I don't mean to sidetrack from the bags, I think they are all good points / good information.

I just have a question about something I have read from the news articles posted. In several places it mentions that Lisa adopted a "rescue rottweiler puppy" recently. "Miss Straub loved animals and had recently rescued and was raising a Rottweiler puppy"

I haven't seen anything related to the dog anywhere else.

Does anyone know if it was in the house during the crime? (You could presume it would be in the house)

Was it spared?

Could the pup have found a bag and shredded it into little pieces, after the crime?

Just something to think about, hopefully another sleuth knows these answers as I am sure I have missed details in this case.

Stolly, good question about the dog. I was also wondering if we've heard from LS's parents? I've seen video and read quotes from JC's parents but nothing for hers - other than the uncle.

i've not been verified yet as a family but i know the dog is ok. he was in the house at the time and they found him hiding. Ls's parent's have not spoke publicly and probably will not.

i've not been verified yet as a family but i know the dog is ok. he was in the house at the time and they found him hiding. Ls's parent's have not spoke publicly and probably will not.

Interesting... I've been around dogs, large and small, all my life.

There are a few things that come to mind:

- When I leave a puppy at home, I always take the dog outside to relieve itself and then crate it to keep it from destroying furniture. Maybe someone was taking the dog out at the time of the attack, OR the couple had no intention of leaving the home and the dog was never put in a crate. (I am sure everyone raises dogs differently, this is just my experience.)

-The police said they found no foot prints around the house, this might mean that the couple let the dog out through a back door to go to the bathroom, or that the couple took the dog out on a leash onto the driveway. (That is, if the dog was old enough to be trained.)

-When someone comes to my door and knocks / rings the bell my dogs have always barked. I don't know why but they will at least make an attempt to either get to the door or make some type of noise. This is especially true while someone is knocking at the door and ringing the bell for a prolonged amount of time.

The pup was either too traumatized to make a noise when Tiff showed up (likely because of the fact it was found hiding), or she forgot to mention that when she went to the house all she could hear was the dog. I think that would be something I would tell the police (or John's mother), "Hey my friends aren't responding and even the dog isn't making a noise when you bang on the door. There is a house with a couple and a dog in it and nothing is going on, there is no movement."

Just a thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333
Back