GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

doodles1211

Reaction score
57251161_1461221230678282_5338587376186818560_n.jpg

According to the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, Jonathon E. Minard was last seen Saturday evening.

He is described as being 5’7″ tall and weighing 145 pounds. He has blue eyes and brown hair.

He was last seen wearing a blue hoodie, brown pants and brown boots.

Anyone with information regarding Minard’s whereabouts is asked to call the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office at (330) 627-2141 EXT 0.

Authorities search for missing Carroll County teen

From the Carroll County Sheriffs Office Facebook post comment about 2 hours ago:

* ATTENTION ANYONE RESPONDING FOR MISSING JUVENILE SEARCH *
“We are very thankful for all the personnel volunteering to assist with this search. Any civilian non-emergency responders PLEASE GO STRAIGHT TO THE DELLROY FIRE HOUSE. Additional instructions will be given from that point. Please do not go directly to any areas currently being searched. At this time there are several K9’s in different areas attempting to track. Any disturbance of the area could hinder their search. Thank you all again for the support in our attempts to locate Jonathon. As previously stated anyone with information please contact our office immediately.”

CARROLL COUNTY, Ohio — Over 100 volunteers joined a search organized by the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office for a 14-year-old boy who has been missing since Saturday.
Relatives said Jonathon was picked up on Friday to do some work on a farm in New Harrisburg, but when he complained of a toothache, he was taken to a family friend's home closer to Carrollton. Investigators said he was left alone there for a while, then disappeared.

The sheriff’s office had asked that anyone wanting to assist in the search meet at 12 p.m. Tuesday at Dellroy Fire House. Officials asked volunteers not to bring children in the search parties due to safety concerns from the terrain being covered.

The landscape is vast and challenging. It's very hilly in that part of Carroll County, and there are a lot of wooded areas and farm fields. Volunteers are searching about a six-mile area.

Using four-wheelers and searching by foot over the area, family, friends and strangers fanned out Tuesday, holding on to hope that Jonathon is out there somewhere alive.

"It's just a lot of ground to cover now," said Dellroy Fire Chief Emerson Huffman. "We have multiple K-9 teams working right now. We have drone teams with infrared cameras on drones. We ran them late last night."

Carroll County sent out an emergency notification stating that the area around Baxter’s Ridge Church in Harrison Township is a special attention area in the search. Units are searching the area for Jonathon, and residents are asked to check garages and other structures on properties.

Sheriff's office organizing search for missing 14-year-old

I grew up not far from Carrollton and some of my friends lived there when I was in High School. My cousin lives there now with her husband and kids. I can’t get on any of the local news pages because they aren’t available outside the US (where I live now) so I appreciate any details from them anyone can post. I have found a couple National stories (on ABC webpage etc) but they don’t say much. Hoping and praying for this boy’s safe return .

Dozens of volunteers search for 14-year-old missing since Saturday

Carroll County teen still missing after massive search

"....Relatives said Jonathon was picked up on Friday to do some work, including milking cows, on a farm in New Harrisburg and later was taken to a family friend's home closer to Carrollton. Investigators said he complained of a toothache and was left alone at the residence. After that, he vanished...."

Anything more about this 'family friend' ?
Is the friend a man ? A woman ?
Is the friend a law-abiding person ?
Is this friend out looking for Jonathan ?

Did the parents know he was going to be dropped off at the friends' house ? Or were they both at work and not informed ?
Just curious, as articles aren't very clear about the circumstances of Jonathan's disappearance.

Hope he's found safe and sound !

Eta : There is a person of interest in the case of the missing Carroll County teen, sheriff confirms
"....there is a person of interest who has been questioned twice and initially agreed to take a polygraph test, but then changed his mind...."

"...
Investigators said he complained of a toothache and was left alone at the residence..."

^^ ^ From above link ; so he was left with a man -- was this a friend of the people Jonathan was working for, or a friend of Jonathans' family ?
And was he left alone or not ?
Pretty soon to have a POI in what is supposed to just be a missing person's case. Looks ominous.

News articles are all over the place, in one news clip it's said he was going to walk home and also that he was going to call his mom, but he never did.

Last edited:
Person of interest in missing Carroll County 14-year-old boy, sheriff says | fox8.com
"...Carroll County Sheriff Dale Williams said there is a person of interest in the case. The 29-year-old man, who has a criminal record with mostly drug offenses, was the last person to see Minard. He is not in custody...."
"....The teen does not have a history of disappearing and his personal effects
were left at home, Williams said. He does not have a cell phone...."

Emph. mine

Well that's just great.

Hmmm... so exactly who said that he was supposed to call his mom ?
I assume that this information was given out after he'd "vanished".

Were any of his personal effects left at the farm where he was working on Fri. and Sat. afternoon ?

Or, was there anything of his left at the place where he was brought after complaining of not feeling well ?
The article could be a bit more clear. Just saying.

Last edited:
Last nights post from the Carroll County Sheriffs Office Facebook page:

** Updated Information 4/15/2019 10:39pm **

Two Updates:

First, For the Missing Juvenile Search, for anyone wanting to assist tomorrow crews will be meeting at 12 noon at Dellroy Fire House. PLEASE NO CHILDREN in the search parties due to safety concerns from the terrain being covered.

Second, many people received the WENS Emergency Notification that was just sent. If you did not the following is the information it contained.

*Carroll County Alert SPECIAL ATTENTION AREA SURROUNDING BAXTERS RIDGE CHURCH, Harrison Twp residents: Units are searching the area for a missing juvenile. Please check garages or other structures on properties. If anything suspicious is located or anyone please call the Sheriff’s Office immediately.

Thank you again for all the assistance, we will be posting updates as they become available.

Last nights post from the Carroll County Sheriffs Office Facebook page:

** Updated Information 4/15/2019 10:39pm **

Two Updates:

First, For the Missing Juvenile Search, for anyone wanting to assist tomorrow crews will be meeting at 12 noon at Dellroy Fire House. PLEASE NO CHILDREN in the search parties due to safety concerns from the terrain being covered.

Second, many people received the WENS Emergency Notification that was just sent. If you did not the following is the information it contained.

*Carroll County Alert SPECIAL ATTENTION AREA SURROUNDING BAXTERS RIDGE CHURCH, Harrison Twp residents: Units are searching the area for a missing juvenile. Please check garages or other structures on properties. If anything suspicious is located or anyone please call the Sheriff’s Office immediately.

Thank you again for all the assistance, we will be posting updates as they become available.

This part worries me...

When it says to check garages or other structures it makes me think they think he is not alive or he is injured. I only say that because if it were a small child, I could understand them hiding in a structure like this but he is 14. I'm not so sure he would stay in a someones structure unless he were injured or worse. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back