GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
14-year-old Carroll County teen's death ruled homicide

JM's aunt speaks to reporter about the investigation

The teen's aunt, Jo Hepner, said the family is still waiting for answers and wants criminal charges to be filed.

"We want justice," Hepner said.

Cheryl Taylor, who used to be the teen's neighobor, said many other people in the Dellroy community also feel frustrated by a lack of clarity in the case.

"Jonathon's family, our hearts go out to them because they're devastated. It's time they got something done," Taylor said.

This case is frustrating, especially when it was clear to most of us only a few days in that the last person to see him likely took Jonathan somewhere, gave him illegal drugs, then buried him when he overdosed. I will be very interested in any details that come out that shed some light on why it is taking so long for LE to charge this guy. It isn't like this is a new problem for Ohio, where drug-induced homicides are aggressively prosecuted.

This case is frustrating, especially when it was clear to most of us only a few days in that the last person to see him likely took Jonathan somewhere, gave him illegal drugs, then buried him when he overdosed. I will be very interested in any details that come out that shed some light on why it is taking so long for LE to charge this guy. It isn't like this is a new problem for Ohio, where drug-induced homicides are aggressively prosecuted.
It seems to me there may be more than 1 involved - in order to bury him the way they did - is there a cover up going on? JMO

This.

You are right - we can link to a post on MSM FB page, but not the comments, which is what I thought was being requested.
Yes, I mean if someone is saying to look at a post on a page and it’s actually from 3 months ago, no one is going to find it without knowing the date. And something from that long ago should just have a direct link to it, IMO. News sites post dozens of stories a day. I was under the impression it was recent and I wasted a lot of time scrolling on that page. It’s fine - I didn’t bother when I realized I could spend hours looking. But I think it’s good to keep in mind that the more specific we are when directing each other to news stories, the better.

Yes, I mean if someone is saying to look at a post on a page and it’s actually from 3 months ago, no one is going to find it without knowing the date. And something from that long ago should just have a direct link to it, IMO. News sites post dozens of stories a day. I was under the impression it was recent and I wasted a lot of time scrolling on that page. It’s fine - I didn’t bother when I realized I could spend hours looking. But I think it’s good to keep in mind that the more specific we are when directing each other to news stories, the better.

I had a difficult time trying to link to the specific news story/FB post, too. I ended up doing a search for the Canton Repository along with the words Jonathan Minard. That helped, it pulled up a couple of articles, one of which was the most recent. I'm not good at Facebook, so there may be better ways.

I can't possibly know for sure, but I believe the original comment by Momsof3 referred to the most recent article (July 8, I think?); I believe that because I searched shortly after the post and quickly found the most recent article and saw some very interesting comments - that have since been deleted. So, I don't think the original poster intended for us to search back to April. But your point is taken, and I believe someone did try to help because subsequently another posted offered a link of their search results, which provided links to both the most recent articles.

There are a couple of interesting comments on the Canton Repository (local paper) facebook page. For what it is worth.

Look at the savannah spurlock case, They already had charged David sparks with crimes relating to the burying of her body before they know if murder charges apply or not.

Imo there should already be somebody charged in this case with charges that can be proven! related to the buying a corpse and hindering prosecution

JMO

Look at the savannah spurlock case, They already had charged David sparks with crimes relating to the burying of her body before they know if murder charges apply or not.

Imo there should already be somebody charged in this case with charges that can be proven! related to the buying a corpse and hindering prosecution

JMO
I agree - something just is not right with this case IMO.

23 employees were fired after an Ohio Hospital scandal where 25 patients were overdosed with fentanyl by doctors and staff.

Ohio hospital fires 23 workers in case of excessive doses, deaths

Husel was charged with murder only in cases involving 500 to 2000 micrograms of the powerful painkiller fentanyl, amounts far larger than typical doses.

Mount Carmel has tightened its drug policies and access and publicly apologized, noting it should have expedited its investigation.

This actually hits close to home as one of my families friend was one of the the 25 patients that was killed

Its absolutely sickening

Terrible news. I'm sorry for your loss, ab.

Thx I don't want to get in to it in too much detail as it would just derail the thread, but he had a mild heart attack and was taken to Mt. Carmel alert and talking and seemed he was going to be fine and the next thing you know he was dead from Fentanyl overdose. Great great guy and a pillar of our small community!

Truly tragic

Thx I don't want to get in to it in too much detail as it would just derail the thread, but he had a mild heart attack and was taken to Mt. Carmel alert and talking and seemed he was going to be fine and the next thing you know he was dead from Fentanyl overdose. Great great guy and a pillar of our small community!

Truly tragic
Sorry for your loss @ab01.

My point in sharing that link was that I don't think JM, at 14, had a prayer if somebody made fentanyl available to him.

I can't possibly know for sure, but I believe the original comment by Momsof3 referred to the most recent article (July 8, I think?); I believe that because I searched shortly after the post and quickly found the most recent article and saw some very interesting comments - that have since been deleted. So, I don't think the original poster intended for us to search back to April. But your point is taken, and I believe someone did try to help because subsequently another posted offered a link of their search results, which provided links to both the most recent articles.
Ah, then I missed it entirely. Thank you for clarifying.

JMO

Burying a corpse not buying......geesh o_O

My apologies

I feel the same as many of you do about something not being right with this local investigation.

I am taking heart with one of the Sheriff’s comments. Let hope that this can override and local/generational ties that could potentially hold things up.

deputies continue to work the case and we are also working with other agencies such as the FBI and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation to gather and evaluate the evidence.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back