OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know when you hear the adjectives used to describe Katelyn from both her father and JC, I just don't see her as being someone who would go easily if abducted by a random stranger without a lot of noise and a good fight. They describe her as...

Outspoken, Outgoing, Headstrong, Driven, Determined and Focused. Since it appears that something happened with her phone around 12:45am, it is possible that this happened during a struggle? And if so where?

I wonder how much info the neighbours in the townhome complex were able to provide to LE to help with JC's version of events. If he had been at her home watching television for a certain length of time, would they be able to verify that his car was there during those times? Would they have heard it start up when he was leaving? I wonder where he parked when he was at KM's? I find it strange that not one neighbour has come forward or has been pursued for an interview by local media. :waitasec:

After hearing dad today I'm more convinced then ever that she didn't just fling her apartment door open to a stranger.

If JC had been at KM's apartment that evening and suggested they run out for ice cream, or something, there would be no sign of a struggle and she probably would have left her purse and keys there thinking they'd be right back. I've done that lots of times.

Maybe JC called her work posing as a police officer to notify them that she'd been reported missing so they wouldn't be calling around looking for her, thereby giving him more time to get his story straight. THEN he called and reported her missing to the acutal police. If her work thought she'd been reported missing, they wouldn't be trying to contact her family or friends in an attempt to locate her.

All JMO, of course, but my hinky meter is going off about JC.

And if it was a REAL police officer who called her employer to tell them she'd been reported missing, the officer most likely would have made a visit, in person, to the employer to get statements or more information from her manager/co-workers. I seriously doubt the officer would have just made a phone call to say "Oh, by the way, KM has been reported missing".

Have we ever heard the official time of the 911 call? For some reason I thought it was around 5pm.

This plot thickens like Dickens.

(As far as I know, I just made up that saying. My English Lit profs would be proud, yo.

I just discovered some very significant info on the FB page of a friend of KM who worked with her. Again, this is information that law enforcement knows already, I'm sure. But we didn't know it and I think it's pretty startling.

1) This co-worker said that on Saturday the 13th, Katelyn worked a shift at David's Bridal until 7 pm.

Now we know what KM did during the day that Saturday, and that she was definitely seen by others besides JC, and that whatever happened to her could only have happened after 8pm or so on Saturday.

2) The co-worker said that on Sunday the 14th, Katelyn was a no-call no-show at work, and a cop called David's Bridal and said she was missing.

The co-worker posted this info that very same Sunday night; it was still the 14th. Assuming she is telling the truth about a cop calling, and I don't know why she wouldn't, the cop HAD to have called David's Bridal that same Sunday. He also had to call while employees of DB were still there, since they know why he was calling, and the place closes at 6 pm.

We know John Carter didn't call or visit David's Bridal, because according to his own story, he learned KM was missing when he went to her home at 7:00 or 7:30, and then he called 911 around 8:00. (A news story gives that time for the call.) If he'd contacted KM's workplace during work hours, then that's how he would have discovered something was wrong, instead of the story he always tells.

Therefore the cop's phone call to David's Bridal saying that KM was missing had to occur well before JC's 911 call reporting her missing!

In other words, JC was not the FIRST person to report KM missing and that is very, very interesting.

It's especially interesting because whoever reported her missing did NOT call JC and tell HIM she was missing.

Her fiance would be the logical person to tell first, but that did not happen. This makes me wonder if the person who reported her missing suspected JC of harming her, and told the cops so. Note that the cops didn't call JC either! They let him call them, hours later. Maybe they wanted to see how he'd handle the "discovery" of KM missing and what he'd say when he reported it.

I wonder not just who reported KM missing (Person X), but HOW they knew so early.

Possibilities:

1) Person X called David's Bridal directly when s/he couldn't reach KM via her cellphone, and was told KM was a no-call no-show, which was not like her.

and/or

2) KM was supposed to meet Person X on Sunday morning, maybe for breakfast before her noon shift, or possibly was supposed to go somewhere Saturday night but never showed. Her absence combined with her unreachability caused Person X to report her missing.

and/or

3) If Person X is her father or a friend who knew where she kept her spare key outside, maybe X went to her townhome and found what JC found later - Katelyn gone, but her car, purse, and keys still there.

Of these three possibilities, any could be true, or two could be true, or all three could be true, which is why I put "and/or" between them.

Then again, if Person X entered her townhome, I wonder why s/he left the dog locked in her bedroom where it could relieve itself and make a mess, if it already hadn't done so by then.

I suppose a demented stranger could also have taken Katelyn and then called to report her missing himself the next day, though I don't know why, or if such a thing happens often.

Now. Trying my hardest to give JC the benefit of the doubt in light of this new information, all I can come up with is that MAYBE his 911 call happened much earlier than the 8 pm reported in a news article. Let's say he called to report her missing at 5:30 or so, and let's say he somehow completely muddled the time, telling the reporter he'd gone to her townhome at 7 or 7:30 when he had really gone 2 hours earlier. This scenario would also make "She should be at work right now!" an accurate statement, instead of a bizarre one.

But no. You know what, it still doesn't work. Because if he reported her missing before 6 pm (in other words, making his 911 call the reason for the cop's call to DB, instead of Person X being the reason for it)... JC STILL didn't call or visit David's Bridal, which is just too bizarre.

"I can't find her anywhere," he told the dispatcher - but if he'd actually looked for her AT ALL during work hours, the first place he'd look is her workplace, where she was by all accounts supposed to be! And if he looked there and found her missing, once again, that violates his oft-repeated story of how he found her missing at her townhouse.

:waitasec: Could he (or someone) have called David's bridal and impersonated an officer?

I don't know how you all are feeling right about now, but Facebook is a gift and a curse, and it's starting to lean toward the latter. Talk about a rumor mill.

I read all of those rumors stated in above post...not sure what to make of it...nothing to back any of it up now if his posts have been deleted. But often, the truth can be found someplace among the rumors of a case.

As far as taking multiple LD tests...I have never heard of anyone taking more than one test if they pass the first time...anyone??

Actually I have but that was a case where the person was on certain medications that affected the results and the test was never actually performed. The testor was able to determine in the initial test that the results would be flawed (I know that's not the correct word).

My friend was applying for a job with a security company and told me of his experience. He was on legal medications. They tried twice. No pass, no fail, not test. This was a long time ago.

I know from looking up information on the internet about a polygraph that drugs will make a test invalid and the person giving the test can tell that at the beginning of the test and therefore won't do the test.

Whether JC took a test or more than one test has not been confirmed by anyone to my knowledge but as far as taking one and passing it, I can't see any reason to take it again. jmo

I seriously doubt the officer would have just made a phone call to say "Oh, by the way, KM has been reported missing".

I don't see why an officer wouldn't call DB just to see whether she could be there. "KM has been reported missing... is she working today? Was she supposed to work today?" "Yes sir, she was scheduled to work, but she didn't call and didn't show up." "Hmmm. Has anyone there heard from her, phone calls, text messages, emails?" "Let me check. ...No sir, no one's heard from her here." "Okay thanks."

Maybe the officer was checking out that option without wasting time. I certainly would. Why go when you can call? I doubt her being missing would involve a big conspiracy of her co-workers who needed to be grilled in person immediately. I'm sure law enforcement interviewed them individually later. But what the officer did sounds plenty sufficient for the early stages of a missing-persons case: establish that she was not at work when she was supposed to be.

I don't know how you all are feeling right about now, but Facebook is a gift and a curse, and it's starting to lean toward the latter. Talk about a rumor mill.

Totally....
I hope LE has some info from JC's phone, or something to go on, but it really sounds like they don't...
One FB post said she left work at 8:30 or so on Sat. night, another at 7pm...nothing matches up...hard to take seriously.

You know when you hear the adjectives used to describe Katelyn from both her father and JC, I just don't see her as being someone who would go easily if abducted by a random stranger without a lot of noise and a good fight. They describe her as...

Outspoken, Outgoing, Headstrong, Driven, Determined and Focused. Since it appears that something happened with her phone around 12:45am, it is possible that this happened during a struggle? And if so where?

I wonder how much info the neighbours in the townhome complex were able to provide to LE to help with JC's version of events. If he had been at her home watching television for a certain length of time, would they be able to verify that his car was there during those times? Would they have heard it start up when he was leaving? I wonder where he parked when he was at KM's? I find it strange that not one neighbour has come forward or has been pursued for an interview by local media. :waitasec:

It certainly would take a man with a strong sense of self to live under the shadow of such an up and coming woman; and not be DE-masculized by her promise and respect by all who know her.

her apartment is not "close" to a highway, I lived very close to where her apartment is and I moved to make my commute easier because 275 which is a pretty major highway is about 10 minutes from where she is

Wow - would it take that long to go down Hamilton ave (127 or Pleasant it might be marked there) to get to 275?
There has been a bunch of growth in that area since it was last my stomping grounds! Still 10 min is long to some and short to others. Short if you have a whole night and day to do something. (Did I say that out loud?)

If her work thought she'd been reported missing, they wouldn't be trying to contact her family or friends in an attempt to locate her.

Oh yeah they would. Young women in their 20s? They'd be blowing up their phones immediately, telling the drama. "OMG, a cop just called here because Katelyn Markham is missing! When's the last time you saw her? OMG this is just too weird, what do you think happened to her?"

Have we ever heard the official time of the 911 call? For some reason I thought it was around 5pm.

Someone here early on said 5:58. I asked for a source on that and never got a reply. I don't think that person has even posted here again.

A news article said around 8 pm.

HOWEVER, JC says he went to her townhome to check on her at 7 or 7:30. When he found her missing, he "immediately" called "friends, family, police." I don't see why he'd say 7 or 7:30 if he called at 6. He'd have to know there'd be a record of that.

I think it's a gift, because I believe the more information, the better. The key is to sift through the information for truly valuable facts. If you have no discernment whatsoever, only then would it be a curse.

I just did a google search of the 911 call, and none of the links that I went to told the time of the call. Maybe I just didn't dig deep enough...or maybe the police are keeping this information quiet.

I just did a google search of the 911 call, and none of the links that I went to told the time of the call. Maybe I just didn't dig deep enough...or maybe the police are keeping this information quiet.

I did read an article from a local news organization that said he made the call around 8pm. It was one of the earliest articles. I'll try to find it again.

I live maybe 2-3 miles from them and am a friend of her cousin in case you are wondering. When the call was released it showed that it occured at 5:58

It should be noted that just because a retail store closes to the public, does not mean that ALL the employees grab their things and run out the door at that time. MANY stores, especially on Sunday night have employees that stay to do "recovery" which involves restocking, straightening, folding, hanging, replacing items moved to wrong areas, designing new displays etc. It is quite possible that someone was at the store until 9 pm, or even much later depending on what was scheduled to be done. Also, all retail stores have registered emergency contacts with police due to alarms, etc. that may go off after hours. Many managers also place their phones on call forwarding in case, for example, a bride would call with some kind of emergency problem with dresses that were picked up during that day.
All of this is of course speculation......as is believing as fact an unknown FB poster's comments as truth.

jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member