OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell the police, yes, but he did not have to tell the media anything about burning papers, they did not see his texts...

He has given more information than necessary to a lot of questions, it seems that maybe when he's nervous he rambles and it just slipped? Then he would have to explain it...

Smoking weed makes a lot more sense on a Saturday night, than burning old papers or records, I have to say. Seems like he could have just told the public/media he went to hang out with friends, though, why get into that and make everything sound worse? There is nothing wrong with him leaving to go hang out with friends, it was the whole burning papers/records/evidence that sounds so bizarre.

My second assumption is perhaps he was dealing somewhat and "burning papers" could have gotten him jail time if they found out? JMOO I mean come one... working part time at papa johns does not a millionaire make!!

Look at this 11 minute drive from Katelyn's. There are several places where there are no houses, either businesses or woods (i.e. no witness for dropping anything off.... and no one to find anything for at least 32 hours or so....

http://g.co/maps/6a53

We had some errands to do today and looking around as we drove I was just amazed at all the overgrown places to dump a body,
Not to mention the Great Miami river runs throuh here and most of it has trees and brush along side of it.

It was a little sicikening thinking about it.
:sick:

I still think she's in water. If I had a choice between water and woods/landfill....water every time. It speeds up everything so much, especially if there are animals/fish to help it out. After 3 weeks in water, unless her skull was cracked open we may never know what happened.

I know of one case where a body was found a year and a half after the guy jumped off a bridge and when he was found they thought the body had only been in the water for a couple of weeks and never thought it could be him until the autopsy was preformed.

We had some errands to do today and looking around as we drove I was just amazed at all the overgrown places to dump a body,
Not to mention the Great Miami river runs throuh here and most of it has trees and brush along side of it.

It was a little sicikening thinking about it.
:sick:

That's funny, I've been thinking the same thing, driving around. My office is in Springdale, and there are ponds there, a wooded area, and huge field that's never mowed or tended. God only knows what one could hide in there.

I always thought he was at a friend's house that night, just as he said. It would be too big and easily disprovable of a lie to tell.

Me too. It's what he did before, but especially AFTER he left

He said he went to bed about 4am and got up at 4 pm

thats a lot of time.

But I think I'm back to the neighbor thing, or maybe an unknown boyfriend.
I mean she could have gotten rid of JC early so she could have company

Just a thought:twocents:

She worked until 8 and was probably tired? (for reals?) She wasn't "in the mood" and sent him packing? Then of course she had to make like "gee, I really wish I wasn't so tired, so that I could be there with you" C'mon... it's a girl thing ;-) OR perhaps she knew he was going to hang out with 6 guys and felt a little awkward?

Wow, I agree with this! I'm a guy and have been on the recieving end of this..... sent packing but "wish I could be there". Okay but now I'm even more confused, heres why.... when he left did he have to call his friend and say "hey, you still up? I'm gonna stop by, burn some documents, hang out, then watch t.v.?" or was he already expected to show up? If I recall (and my facts could be off...) he only left because she was tired, so was it a spur of the moment meeting with his friend or planned?

Personally, I think when he told her in the text "he was going to burn some paper" he meant going to smoke a joint (s) with his pals. I thought about it last night and that's what makes sense to me. She wished she could be there (to smoke). I think he was scared of LE if he said they were going to smoke weed. I'm wondering if JC dealt? did someone come knocking after hours to score? I'm leaning towards this heavily after a sleepless night and weighing all the "common sense" angles.
I'm starting to believe maybe it wasn't JC but an acquaintance. KM had a friend with the initials TM and after much banter on one of his statuses she said "I guess T never had a "real woman"". Pure banter, but this guys statuses were really dark and he was definitely into alcohol AND drugs.....

I thought of the drug dealer thing early on then kind of forgot about it. But I think that is a very real possibility. After all drugs are illegal so when you buy them you are dealing with criminals

And lets hope the police are checking out this TM you speak of.

I think it is the case everywhere that a body would not be very hard to hide...that is why so many people are never found, IMO.

But that does not mean that something didn't happen earlier that night before he went to smoke blunts with his friends/

Exactly. Something could have happened between 8 pm and 11:30 or so (the friends he was with came forward on Facebook and said he was with them 12-3am), or after he left. We don't know when anyone next saw JC before he went to work in the late afternoon, or if anyone did.

the tone has changed so much on the FB pages I think his family is starting to see the sinking sheet, I will be searching tomorrow....still praying for her and her family....so sad

I know of one case where a body was found a year and a half after the guy jumped off a bridge and when he was found they thought the body had only been in the water for a couple of weeks and never thought it could be him until the autopsy was preformed.

Wasn't there some kind of water treatment plant nearby? {shudder}

She worked until 8 and was probably tired? (for reals?) She wasn't "in the mood" and sent him packing? Then of course she had to make like "gee, I really wish I wasn't so tired, so that I could be there with you" C'mon... it's a girl thing ;-) OR perhaps she knew he was going to hang out with 6 guys and felt a little awkward?

Yea I kinda had that feeling too. It stricks me as something to say when you really don't have anything to say.
And it could be one of those "wish I was there" NOT

:twocents:

I thought of the drug dealer thing early on then kind of forgot about it. But I think that is a very real possibility. After all drugs are illegal so when you buy them you are dealing with criminals

And lets hope the police are checking out this TM you speak of.

I hope so too. LOTS of people on his and her profile mentioned something about weed. Even if their profile was private and all I could see was their interests... something to do with weed.
The band sublime? OMG.. totally popular with all the skateboarders surfers and potheads. Their album art, their t-shirts all advocate weed and unfortunately, their lead singer died of a heroin overdose (weed is just a gateway drug, my friends) Sublimeapc was John's e-mail address. But, then again, I saw sublime in concert and I hate hate hate weed. Not the friends I knew that planned the trip though!
Sorry, but delivery boy at papa johns is the perfect cover. My cousin was addicted to cocaine years ago and she got eight balls from the chinese delivery guy! (true story)
If he was dealing (moo) he would never had wanted the police to know he was remotely involved with weed. Nevermind arrest on a misdemeanor.. repercussions from HIS supplier!

He had to say they were burning 'bank stuff' because he knew their text messages were going to be read where they talked about 'burning paper.'
IMO, he needed to have a story to explain it,so he did not have to tell the cops or his bosses that he meant smoking weed. he would lose his delivery job if he admitted to smoking pot.

True, and also get his buddies in trouble.
:twocents:

John's aunt posted on FB today and then deleted it, I just happen to have a copy of what she posted, not sure if it's been posted already because hubby is making me go out to dinner so I'll post and if it's a repeat sorry. I will summarize since I'm not allowed to cut and paste

Krystie Keller
she wanted to straighten out some drama, wanted to point out that there was a period of time when the police weren't completely honest with John about the result of his first lie detector test, because they thought it would make him confess. she pointed out that the police are allowed to lie to people about the results, said they can lie about anything, then the police told him the truth---after he had a a bday party for Katelyn's .... John had been expressing his shock that he had "not done well" on a particular, very "ambiguous question". She said the question was something like, "Do you know anything about Katelyn's disappearance" she said that was quite confusing to answer yes or no to. Went on to say anyone on FB page would have to answer yes. Went on to say makes you sound guilty, when in fact, you only know what you have learned from the media or one of these sites.

Thanks for posting this SBW! This evoked a very loud sigh from me. I'm tired of the ever changing story from these people and what seems to me like an effort to "cover up." He could be innocent for all I know but of this fluidity in the "story" is not helping matters much at all. I mean...who else do we know that, when caught in a lie, just changed the story a bit.:waitasec: Yes I'm jaded and cynical, I guess.

First he burns the docs at his friend's house then his sister tries to claim he burnt them at home then the story goes back to friend's house and seems to have remained the final version. Except for now it seems to be 6 friends.

Polygraph:. First he's taken and passed one. Then it turns into three (I guess maybe that's supposed to make it more believable?) Then he supposedly tells friends he doesn't think he passed but they're still screaming to anyone on FB who will listen that he passed. NG asked him if he's had a polygraph: Yes NG asks him if he's had a polygraph: No Ooops now it's not a polygraph it's some voice recognition thingiemajig. Hmmm people don't sound like they're buying this....HEY Now our story is he may have not done so well because they asked trick questions. Those dern cops always trying to trip folks up!

Feel free to add- I'm sure there are other examples but I can't think straight right now due to the head spinning that's happening about the above "story" :crosseyed:

MO and MOO and Moooooo! :cow:

deelytful, there is, but out of all the water near by, that one might have been the least likely.

Scofieldx: I thought that too, but one of the friends tonight posted he was there with 6 friends. The guy could have been having a small party and JC stopped by. That really sounds more like a pot party to me than burn your stuff party.

Steff13: This case has made me notice a lot of things that I would never have thought about.

there is no telling who these 'friends' on FB are, popping out of the woodwork, saying yeah I was there, he was there,etc.
I won't believe it unless or until LE gives a statement saying so...

color me pessimist...
am not necessarily 100% with JC being the main POI though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members