OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These days it seems the dimmest ones get away with the most; Casey Anthony, Misty Croslin, Celina Cass's killer....

BBM

voxrock2000, have no idea to whom you're referring in connection to Celina, but "the dimmest ones" won't know what hit them when AAG Jane Young gets her case totally constructed; if you have any doubt about this, you may want to do a search for the "Krista Dittmeyer" threads if you have the time and the interest.

I must be the only person on WS who did not follow the threads involving Casey Anthony--and I've never heard of Misty Croslin until your post--but the Celina Cass case is one which I have followed from the beginning.

Thank you for your post.

The problem with another man in the picture, is that LE would have her phone records to see who she has been talking with, as well as her computer, so LE would have a good lead on him. Of course, maybe there is someone and he is being investigated, since LE did say that everyone she had contact in was a POI...

But it seems as though something would have leaked out...probably from his side of the family, if they were aware of such a thing, in order to take the focus off of JC.

This is a quote from Tim Miller in the article above: "Some of the community has focused on the investigative end and cell towers and different things. When they're focused on that, they're not focused on the search," Miller said.

Wouldn't they use the "pinging" records to HELP pinpoint the logical search areas more precisely, not waste resources, and find her faster?

How can information on the "investigative end and cell towers" be ANYTHING but beneficial to the search??

I'm completely baffled.

My interpetation of that was that he was referring to people making up their minds that JC is guilty, before the evidence is there. Sometimes people who believe the boyfriend is guilty, believes that it is only a matter of time before he is arrested and believe that he will give up the location at that time. I know there have been references to people going up to JC and making accusations.

And that could happen. Or maybe he wouldn't give up the info. Or maybe it was someone else who did it. I'm just really on the fence about this one.

I think stranger abduction seems to be the most unlikely scenario here, IMO. Almost anything seems more likely to me, from running away, to being harmed/killed by either JC or someone else she knew, to even harming herself for reasons unknown, although it seems she would have been found, in that last scenario.

I can't see an artist running away without her work. JMHO

This is a quote from Tim Miller in the article above: "Some of the community has focused on the investigative end and cell towers and different things. When they're focused on that, they're not focused on the search," Miller said.

Wouldn't they use the "pinging" records to HELP pinpoint the logical search areas more precisely, not waste resources, and find her faster?

How can information on the "investigative end and cell towers" be ANYTHING but beneficial to the search??

I'm completely baffled.

It is possible he knows where the pings came from and they already know she won't be found there.

I don't really see it either, but women have run away without their children, so you never know.

There are lots of reasons why she wouldn't have run away, but at the same time there are lots of reasons why an apparently loving, non-violent boyfriend would not have killed his fiance/GF of 6 years and lied about it. The fact is we just do not know these people and its hard to say what they would/would not do. JMO

(Don't know why I am defending JC... of course every single thing he does and says raises suspicions but I can't get past the fact that he just does not SEEM like he would have/could have done it...)

I'm completely baffled.

Did you get to see this video? He is saying that he talks to detetives several times a day and if there was any cell phone info he would be asked by LE to search that area.
Fox 19 report on Katelyn Search Sept 2 6pm - YouTube

Some musings, not all things I might believe, but I like to let my mind wander:

Pot dealing: I've known more than a few dealers back in the day (small-time except for one who was A Big Deal kinda guy). Sure, JC kinda fits the profile of a small-time dealer. Delivery is a great front for that. Under the law, sure, a small time dealer is a criminal. But like all other things, if one person breaks one law, that doesn't mean they'll do more serious things (steal a car, murder someone). None of the small-timers I knew would have so much as shoplifted a pack of gum. The big time guy would have easily been able to murder someone over business. I highly doubt at JC's age that he'd have made it that big yet. Not that it's that way across the board, but I can't really see a "he sold some pot ergo he can kill" link as anything very binding.

The Other Guy Postulation: Okay, let's say there's another dude in her life. Let's say she did agree to run off with him. I find it highly unlikely that she'd leave EVERYTHING. Especially as a pet lover, her dog. She would probably have taken a few small sentimental objects and most definitely the dog. I doubt that was the night where she'd have been bolting. Maybe she met up with Other Dude and THAT is the relationship she broke off - and that's where things went badly for her. I don't necessarily believe this is true, but if it were, I don't think disappearing like that is logical or realistic.

One question of my own here - do we know anything about the boss/head-person-whatever at her internship who took the photos of her? Could be totally innocent, of course, but I'm just curious what the deal is with him/her. Something about that just kind of set me on edge.

Oh, and one other thing - I went to college in Oxford, about 30-40 minutes away . . . Have any search parties gone out to Hueston Woods? First place that came to mind. Big lake, lots of woods . . . you never know.

So from what TM is saying...they don't have any cell phone info to work with? I wondered about that, as he said earlier in the week that this was going to be a difficult search as they basically had no idea where to start...that probably confirms that the items found last week are not hers and that any pings they garnered from JC, for instance, were too local to be of much use. Or perhaps his phone was off for a period of time. Who knows...this is very strange, I am not really feeling the whole "JC did it" thing either, but can't come up with anything else.

There are lots of reasons why she wouldn't have run away, but at the same time there are lots of reasons why an apparently loving, non-violent boyfriend would not have killed his fiance/GF of 6 years and lied about it. The fact is we just do not know these people and its hard to say what they would/would not do. JMO

(Don't know why I am defending JC... of course every single thing he does and says raises suspicions but I can't get past the fact that he just does not SEEM like he would have/could have done it...)

Neither did Matt Baker (good ole' preacher boy) but looks can be deceiving!

I also wonder if her birthfamily played a part in this mystery. Maybe she had found some of her birth family and wanted to go visit them, but did not want to tell her adoptive family. Maybe she just wanted to 'disappear' for awhile to sort these things out.

I believe it was posted that her adoption was a "family adoption". She might have been the daughter of an aunt or uncle. I don't know if this is true but a previous stated that.

My interpetation of that was that he was referring to people making up their minds that JC is guilty, before the evidence is there.

Of course there's no evidence that JC did anything. Just weirdness. But what would that have to do with the search itself? Surely the cell tower issue is relevant to their search locations?

Some musings, not all things I might believe, but I like to let my mind wander:

Pot dealing: I've known more than a few dealers back in the day (small-time except for one who was A Big Deal kinda guy). Sure, JC kinda fits the profile of a small-time dealer. Delivery is a great front for that. Under the law, sure, a small time dealer is a criminal. But like all other things, if one person breaks one law, that doesn't mean they'll do more serious things (steal a car, murder someone). None of the small-timers I knew would have so much as shoplifted a pack of gum. The big time guy would have easily been able to murder someone over business. I highly doubt at JC's age that he'd have made it that big yet. Not that it's that way across the board, but I can't really see a "he sold some pot ergo he can kill" link as anything very binding.

The Other Guy Postulation: Okay, let's say there's another dude in her life. Let's say she did agree to run off with him. I find it highly unlikely that she'd leave EVERYTHING. Especially as a pet lover, her dog. She would probably have taken a few small sentimental objects and most definitely the dog. I doubt that was the night where she'd have been bolting. Maybe she met up with Other Dude and THAT is the relationship she broke off - and that's where things went badly for her. I don't necessarily believe this is true, but if it were, I don't think disappearing like that is logical or realistic.

One question of my own here - do we know anything about the boss/head-person-whatever at her internship who took the photos of her? Could be totally innocent, of course, but I'm just curious what the deal is with him/her. Something about that just kind of set me on edge.

Oh, and one other thing - I went to college in Oxford, about 30-40 minutes away . . . Have any search parties gone out to Hueston Woods? First place that came to mind. Big lake, lots of woods . . . you never know.

First of all :welcome: :fireworks:

I agree about her not probably running off voluntarily. But I do wonder if she might have been secretly seeing someone else and he might have been the one who 'disposed' of her.

IF, and only thinking out loud here, IF they were having a secret affair, they might not have left much of a phone trail. Take her boss for example, maybe he is married and also wanting to keep it secret. They might have a few texts or calls but would not be red flags because it makes sense they might communicate. Maybe they were careful to pretend to be professional texts and calls only. My friend had an unfortunate affair with her boss and his wife looked at his cell phone so he never called or texted her other thsn with coded messages.

And those pix he took of her were beautiful, but made me wonder a bit about their relationship too.

It is possible he knows where the pings came from and they already know she won't be found there.

Ahh, now that would make sense. Thanks JeannieC! I'm tired and sick and possibly not always thinking straight, though I'm trying hard. lol

BBM

voxrock2000, have no idea to whom you're referring in connection to Celina, but "the dimmest ones" won't know what hit them when AAG Jane Young gets her case totally constructed; if you have any doubt about this, you may want to do a search for the "Krista Dittmeyer" threads if you have the time and the interest.

I must be the only person on WS who did not follow the threads involving Casey Anthony--and I've never heard of Misty Croslin until your post--but the Celina Cass case is one which I have followed from the beginning.

Thank you for your post.

Kiln Wood, you're not the only one who didn't follow CA. Not one day of TV nor on WS for me! I too am following Celina and its not a done deal yet!

Did you get to see this video? He is saying that he talks to detetives several times a day and if there was any cell phone info he would be asked by LE to search that area.
Fox 19 report on Katelyn Search Sept 2 6pm - YouTube

So there IS no cell phone info? Official media said the Fairfield police department said there was! Supposedly they now know the last "ping" location of Katelyn's phone.

I'm so confused. :waitasec:

Oh look, I used my first WebSleuths emoticon.

Well, Katelyn's phone was off. Maybe JC's pings matched where he said he was and they don't have anyone else to verify as of yet. If he pinged at his friend's house when texting her, and she pinged from hers, that would kind of rule out that time period. And if he pinged from his home after that, he probably lives too close to Katelyn to tell if he was at his place or hers. So I can see how pings would not be helpful here...the most suspicious thing would be if his phone was turned off for a period of time when there was also no activity on hers. But if so, it would not help find her now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove