GUILTY OH - Marcus Fiesel, 3, Union Township, 4 August 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bobbisangel said:
She did squeal....probably to save her own butt. She knew exactly what happened. She went to the reunion with them and came back with them. Who knows, she may have even helped bind the poor little guy and put him in that closet.

I want to know where the other foster child was while the family was gone and Marcus was in the closet. They didn't take that child with them because Liz's family didn't even know they had foster kids. The second child had to have been a special needs child because they received $3,000 a month for the two foster kids. I'm sure that they didn't leave that child to roam through the house for a few days. I just wonder if he/she was placed into the closet too but didn't die.

I saw these two on the news last night. I felt like spitting on them but then I would have had to clean my TV off. Two worthless human beings. Did they really think that they wouldn't get caught????[/QUOTE]

That's the problem, clearly they weren't thinking. The SW came to the house weekly, it was just a matter of time.

DP,

You make some good points about the great need for safe , loving, peaceful, strong foster parents.

I miss having small children and have mentioned to my husband that "someday" (read- when my tweens are out of the nest) maybe we should think about fostering.

I think what holds us back is our own high standards. I wonder if we are "good enough" to parent someone else's kids! I know I we are good parents, flaws and all, yet it's ME that holds me back.

I wonder if those of us who would approach the commitment of fostering children responsibly and seriously don't do it for similar reasons?

Have any of you ever felt this way?

Susan

TGIRecovered said:
DP,

You make some good points about the great need for safe , loving, peaceful, strong foster parents.

I miss having small children and have mentioned to my husband that "someday" (read- when my tweens are out of the nest) maybe we should think about fostering.

I think what holds us back is our own high standards. I wonder if we are "good enough" to parent someone else's kids! I know I we are good parents, flaws and all, yet it's ME that holds me back.

I wonder if those of us who would approach the commitment of fostering children responsibly and seriously don't do it for similar reasons?

Have any of you ever felt this way?

Susan

I hope you do consider it!! Personally, I don't have the patience that it would require and I know that of myself. I think a good deal of them would be "special needs" children to some degree. I take my hat off to parents with children who have either medical or emotional problems. I think God usually knows which people can handle that and which can't and he took one look at me and said "HELL NO." LOL I love donating funding for my favorite causes, but I can't take any of them home. I even thought at one time of becoming a CASA advocate, but when I realized that I'd probably end up strangling an abusive parent one day, I decided against it.

but when I realized that I'd probably end up strangling an abusive parent one day, I decided against it!

Another excellent point,DP!

If I were faced with the situation of returning a child to a monster parent, you'd probably see my face on an Amber Alert for going on the lam with the kid!

I never look good in pictures.

Susan

TGIRecovered said:
Another excellent point,DP!

If I were faced with the situation of returning a child to a monster parent, you'd probably see my face on an Amber Alert for going on the lam with the kid!

I never look good in pictures.

Susan

I'm with you!! :D

They are now investigating the foster care system that placed Marcus. Both the contract agency and the Butler county foster care system. There have been complaints from other other foster parents coming out. One foster parent says she had previously did foster care for Butler Co. but she now refuses to. She says that there are problems there. I am hoping they will do a review of the whole Ohio foster care system, it is badly needed.

Lifeway Responds To Criticism In Marcus Fiesel Case
http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/09/01/lifeway.html

Lifeway has had history of citations
http://www.journal-news.com/hp/content/oh/story/news/local/2006/08/30/hjn083106lifeway.html

State orders review of agency in Marcus Fiesel case
http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2006/09/01/ddn090106lifewayweb.html

Marcus Fiesel Not First To Die In Agency's Custody

When Butler County Children's Services executives went in front of the county commissioners on Thursday, they came with a painful history of dead children and bungled cases.

http://www.wkrc.com/news/local/story_special.aspx?content_id=B3591B29-ED3B-4109-855A-4F684A134FF4

Carrolls To Be Tried In Clermont County
http://www.wkrc.com/News/Local/story.aspx?content_id=9AC5834F-0E15-425A-80FA-779827C0A306

Biological Mom Named Administrator Of Fiesel's Estate; Lifeway Released Information
http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=5355243&nav=0zHF

Mother of slain 3-year-old breaks silence
http://www.journal-news.com/hp/content/oh/story/news/local/2006/08/30/hjn083106fiesel3.html

Jeana (DP) said:
So, CPS has been visiting this house weekly, instead of their normally monthly visits, but this is the first time this is coming out? :confused:

I believe this was stated early on Jeana. I think the article said that because of the problems Marcus had they were checking in once a week. That is why they didn't worrry when the foster mom said that he was sick in bed the last time they visited. The other visits had been fine and they had seen Marcus the week before and he was fine.

There hasn't been anything stated that the other foster child was a special needs child but I am assuming that it is because of the amount of money they were being paid....$3,000 a month. I believe that is the amount of money they would get for two special needs children. A person doesn't get anywhere near $1,500 for a regular foster child. In fact, they receive very little. I've talked to foster parents who said that they buy the child's clothing, etc out of their own pocket because the money for a foster child barely covers the extra gro's.

I think the $3000 amount that they were receiving was from several sources. I saw where the amount for Marcus was $1000. I haven't seen anything about the amount they were receiving for the other foster child, but they were also receiving money for day care. They were doing day care through the Clermont Co. Dept. of Human Services which means they were keeping children of low income parents and the department was paying for the care. And I don't know specifically what they were looking for, but I saw where the Dept. of Human Services was doing an investigation of them on financial issues and at a guess I think they might have been been receiving some type of welfare also. Either food stamps or money benefits.
If they applied for welfare, I don't think the income from the foster kids would be countable toward the biological children, since the benefits were earmarked specifically for the foster kids. With parents not working, and if they did not report the day care income- they might have been eligible for welfare.

Juliana said:
Look at this picture in the above and tell me how someone could harm him, much less burn him. I've got a 6 year old who looks very similar and I swear he just melts my heart, as does this picture of Marcus. What is wrong with people they could do this? They're lacking something...
I know what you mean, my son turns 6 in Sept, and looks very much like this boy, even odder is his name is marcus. I about cried when I read what had actually happened. Worse than I had imagined. :sick:

I read on another forum that over the days of the reunion wasn't the first time that Marcus had been bound and wrapped and placed in the closet. It probably is true. What a convienent way to get him out of their hair for hours at a time.

I also read there that the other foster child was 18 months. How would they have left a baby that young at home while they were gone? They didn't take it with them though. Maybe left it in a crib?

It was also said that Marcus brother is 10 yrs and his baby sister is 5 months I think. The foster family that had these two....the foster father was caught drunk driving with both kids in the car and the baby wasn't in a car seat.

There were some pictures of Marcus and his brother. Marcus was kept in a play pen a lot of the time....at the bio mom's house. There was another playpen too. Probably for the baby whose name is Peaches!

The foster parents have been indicted on new charges, including kidnapping...

Foster Parents Indicted on New Charges

BATAVIA, Ohio Sep 6, 2006 (AP)— The foster parents of a 3-year-old disabled boy who died after being wrapped in a blanket and packing tape for two days were indicted Wednesday on murder and kidnapping charges.

Prosecutors have accused Liz and David Carroll Jr. of wrapping Marcus Fiesel in the blanket and tape and leaving him in a closet while they went to a family reunion in Kentucky in August.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2402349

Melly said:
I was wondering that, too...

Hi, Melly, I think the kidnapping charges come from the fact the foster parents put Marcus in the closet against his will. It doesn't take a large distance for a victim to be transported to be considered kidnapping. Marcus was bound and prevented from freely moving where he wanted to go.

WhiteWolf said:
Hi, Melly, I think the kidnapping charges come from the fact the foster parents put Marcus in the closet against his will. It doesn't take a large distance for a victim to be transported to be considered kidnapping. Marcus was bound and prevented from freely moving where he wanted to go.

You're right. It can be as short as an inch.

WhiteWolf said:
Ah, ok. That makes sense. The whole story is so incredibly sad. I can't imagine the terror that poor little boy experienced. :(

They have found some bone fragments :(

Investigators Find 18 Bone Fragments Believed to Be Body of Ohio Foster Child, Coroner Says
CINCINNATI Sep 7, 2006 (AP)— Investigators recovered 18 bone fragments near an old chimney where investigators believe the body of a developmentally disabled 3-year-old foster child was burned, a county coroner said Thursday.

The boy's foster parents, charged with killing him, pleaded not guilty Thursday to murder.

The bone fragments were from a child 2 to 4 years old, said Dr. O'dell Owens, the Hamilton County coroner. Each was less than inch long and found in soil in rural Brown County, east of Cincinnati.

"The DNA that is being processed came from a small piece of tissue that was found," Owens said. Authorities have said some of the boy's remains may have been thrown into the Ohio River.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2405885

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed
Back