OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might would think, this sounds "off" but, if RN had been forging docs in the past, OR, signing them w/o the other person present, then it may not have concerned her. Who in their right mind thinks their daughter or grandson(s) would be plotting to kill eight people? Even if she called in the request, what proof did she have? That's not enough to get them put away and hence stop the danger. By the brother wanting one signed too, it seemed more likely it was about what it appeared to be, custody, due to the difficult rules re; father's rights in Ohio. Do I think it was about that? No, but neither are my grandsons, if they were, I might think differently.

RN's case almost bothers me the most of all the cases. If she didn't know before the murders IMO she knew as soon as she heard they were murdered.

She should have came forward with the truth and protected her grandchildren so they could go into forever homes instead of allowing the children to be around this group of probable murderers/thieves.

She didn't know they would be charged with the DP. I think she owed it to the young children to do what was best for them. I hope that I would make that decision if it happened to me but you never know until your in their shoes.:(

RN's case almost bothers me the most of all the cases. If she didn't know before the murders IMO she knew as soon as she heard they were murdered.

She should have came forward with the truth and protected her grandchildren so they could go into forever homes instead of allowing the children to be around this group of probable murderers/thieves.

She didn't know they would be charged with the DP. I think she owed it to the young children to do what was best for them. I hope that I would make that decision if it happened to me but you never know until your in their shoes.:(

I agree. How could she let those grandbabies go with the W4?

Perhaps the strategy to deal with Rita is to offer her a free pass and to only seek the LWOP for the family if she turns on them. It would be the only way she could have an effect on all the W's and still save herself.

A thought.

It will be interesting to see who shows up on Rita's side of the courtroom during the trial. Even her son has not attended hearings in quite a while. But I'm guessing her mother will be there for sure. And whoever else Gerlach tells her to bring for sympathy from the Jury. JMO

It will be interesting to see who shows up on Rita's side of the courtroom during the trial. Even her son has not attended hearings in quite a while. But I'm guessing her mother will be there for sure. And whoever else Gerlach tells her to bring for sympathy from the Jury. JMO

Is her mom capable of coming to court? I thought that her mom was extremely ill and Rita had to take care of her.

My guess is that there will be plenty of people in the courtroom. I think/hope this is a high profile case and many reporters and citizens will show up for her trial.

We could learn a lot of information from her trial or we could learn very little. o_O;):D

Just wondering...isn't anyone the least bit curious what the documents are that are under seal in Adams, Madison and Clark counties involving Rita Newcomb (referred to by Gerlach and confirmed by Canepa at the last hearing)? What was she in trouble for in those counties? I find it strange the things that just seem to try to fly under the radar. <modsnip>JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering...isn't anyone the least bit curious what the documents are that are under seal in Adams, Madison and Clark counties involving Rita Newcomb (referred to by Gerlach and confirmed by Canepa at the last hearing)? What was she in trouble for in those counties? I find it strange the things that just seem to try to fly under the radar. <modsnip>JMO
Yes, can you please give us a summary and links. I was not aware of any of these.
That would be good information!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is her mom capable of coming to court? I thought that her mom was extremely ill and Rita had to take care of her.

My guess is that there will be plenty of people in the courtroom. I think/hope this is a high profile case and many reporters and citizens will show up for her trial.

We could learn a lot of information from her trial or we could learn very little. o_O;):D

IMO, her mom will be there. Ms. Beesler was very active during the recorded phone conversations, IIRC.

I hope you're right that this case will get much attention by the public and especially the reporters. But for some reason, I'm just not feeling that. At this point, anyway. JMO

IMO, her mom will be there. Ms. Beesler was very active during the recorded phone conversations, IIRC.

I hope you're right that this case will get much attention by the public and especially the reporters. But for some reason, I'm just not feeling that. At this point, anyway. JMO

Did they say in court that she was very active on the call? I will listen again if you say that is where it came from. TIA

April 28th 2016
WHIO reporter Mike Campbell, who has been in Pike County most of the day, said the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office dive team arrived in the area of the crime scene. He’s working to get more details about what they will be searching for.

Did any of you all ever here if this dive team found anything in the pond on Union Hill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndigoMagnolia2