OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sorry but I may have hit report on your post it was unintentional.What I wanted to do was say that if a person kills a bunch of people and it's provable then I don't think they should offer a plea.Prove it in court and execute them.We don't need people like that in society and I look at it as culling the herd.Again I apologize if I caused a problem with your post.

My post is still there so no biggie. Easy to click on the wrong thing. Fugetaboutit.

Interesting point. One of them could ask for a plea deal and the prosecution could turn them down.

If the prosecution isn't--beyond a reasonable doubt--confident in their evidence then I can see them accepting a plea deal. But yes, if the prosecution feels their case is provable then I can see them wanting the death penalty and not accepting pleas.

The Jury will ultimately decide on LWOP or the death penalty. At that point the family's feelings are considered...2 Cents....

I mean to add, that I read one definition of a "reliable confidential resource" could be clergy.

IMO, the statements attributed to GW4 regarding escape and/or retribution may not be from wiretaps only, but things said to a pastor; jmo/moo.

All 4 Wagner's were discussing revenge and escape together but GW4 was the most vocal about it.

Because the conversations were discussed with Fred present I always assumed those conversations took place in Fred's house. You mentioning a pastor makes me "think outside the box" and wonder if it's possible that Fred was actually at Angela's Webster home and the conversations were recorded over there.

Re Jake - Sorry for the CAPS - just copying & pasting. Thought I'd post these Motions that were filed so we had it in one place.

Docket:
09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE FOR THE THIRTY-FIVE (35) DEFENSE MOTIONS FILED SEPTEMBER 17, 2019 FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENSE MOTION #12 MOTION FOR RELIEF FROM PAYMENT OF FEES RELATED TO THE ISSUANCE OF DEFENSE SUBPOENAS FILED
Attorney: MEYERS, GREGORY W

09/17/2019 DEFENSE MOTION #13 MOTION TO PROHIBIT ANY REFERENCES TO THE FIRST PHASE OF THESE PROCEEDINGS AS THE "GUILT PHASE" FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENSE MOTION #14 MOTION TO SUBMIT A DETAILED JURY QUESTIONNAIRE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENSE MOTION #15 MOTION FOR SPECIAL PROCEDURES TO INSULATE THE VENIRE AND THE IMPANELED JURY FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #16 MOTION FOR INDIVIDUAL SEQUESTERED VOIR DIRE ON DEATH PENALTY, PUBLICITY, AND OTHER ISSUES AND ALTERNATING VOIR DIRE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #17 MOTION FOR COMPREHENSIVE VOIR DIRE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #18 MOTION TO EXCLUDE VIREPERSONS WHO CANNOT FAIRLY CONSIDER MITIGATING EVIDENCE AND/OR WHO WOULD AUTOMATICALLY VOTE FOR DEATH UPON A FINDING OF GUILT IN THE CULPABILITY PHASE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #19 MOTION TO PROHIBIT REFERENCES TO THE JURY THAT A DEATH PENALTY VERDICT IS ONLY A RECOMMENDATION TO THE TRIAL JUDGE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #20 MOTION IN LIMINE TO EXCLUDE GRUESOME OR REDUNDANT PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE DECEASED FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #21 MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE PREJUDICIAL DISPLAY OF TANGIBLE THINGS AND/OR PHOTOGRAPHS DURING TRIAL FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #22 MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT VICTIM-IMPACT EVIDENCE DURING THE TRIAL AND, IF NECESSARY, THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #23 MOTION TO EXCLUDE ANY EVIDENCE RELATING TO OTHER CRIMES, WRONGS OR ACTS FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #24 MOTION TO PERMIT DEFENSE TO ADMIT ALL RELEVANT MITIGATING EVIDENCE IN THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION # 25 MOTION TO DETERMINE AND LIMIT PLAINTIFF'S SENTENCING PHASE EVIDENCE OUTSIDE THE PRESENCE OF THE JURY FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #26 MOTION IN LIMINE TO LIMIT PROSECUTOR'S EVIDENCE AND ARGUMENT AT THE MITIGATION PHASE TO THE AGGRAVATING CIRCUMSTANCES PROVEN AT THE TRIAL PHASE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #27 MOTION TO ALLOW THE DEFENSE TO ARGUE LAST AT THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #28 MOTION IN LIMINE TO LIMIT SCOPE OF ANY REBUTTAL EVIDENCE OFFERED BY THE STATE IN THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #29 MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE STATE FROM EMPLOYING PREJUDICIAL ARGUMENTS AND THEMES FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #30 MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING EVIDENCE AND ARGUMENTS RELATED TO ANY "MENTAL HEALTH" EVIDENCE PRESENTED IN MITIGATION FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #31 MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE STATE FROM COMMENTING ON DEFENDANT'S UNSWORN STATEMENT FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION # 32 MOTION TO PROHIBIT THE PROSECUTION FROM ARGUING AND THE COURT FROM GIVING INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING STATUTORY MITIGATING FACTORS NOT RAISED BY THE DEFENSE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #33 MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING THE ADMISSIBILITY OF MITIGATING EVIDENCE THAT POST-DATES DEFENDANT'S ARREST FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #34 MOTION TO AVOID COERCIVE PRACTICES DURING MITIGATION PHASE DELIBERATIONS FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #35 MOTION FOR INSTRUCTION THAT THE DEFENDANT BEARS NO BURDEN OF PROOF AT THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #36 MOTION TO INSTRUCT THE JURY ON THE SPECIFIC MITIGATING FACTORS RAISED BY DEFENSE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #37 MOTION TO INSTRUCT THE JURY TO CONSIDER MERCY IN ITS MITIGATION PHASE DELIBERATIONS, AND TO PROHIBIT THE PROSECUTOR FROM ARGUING THAT THE JURY SHOULD NOT CONSIDER MERCY FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #38 MOTION TO INSTRUCT THE JURORS THAT THEY MAY CONSIDER RESIDUAL DOUBT AS A MITIGATING FACTOR FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #39 MOTION IN LIMINE PROHIBITING (A) COMMENTS ON THE COSTS TO TAXPAYERS FORM DEFENDANT'S DEFENSE, AND (B) COMMENTS ON THE COSTS CONNECTED WITH DEFENSE EXPERTS FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #40 MOTION TO DISMISS CAPITAL COMPONENTS OF THIS CASE DUE TO CONSTITUTIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LAW VIOLATIONS FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #41 MOTION FOR A COURTROOM DECORUM ORDER TO ENSURE A FAIR TRIAL FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENSE MOTION #42 DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING OHIO R. EVID. 803(8): LIMITED ADMISSIBILITY OF LAW ENFORCEMENT RECORDS FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #43 MOTION FOR A PRE-TRIAL COPY OF THE TRANSCRIPT OF THE GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENSE MOTION #44 MOTION FOR DAILY TRANSCRIPTS FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENSE MOTION #45 MOTION FOR WRITTEN JURY INSTRUCTIONS AND AN OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW THEM BEFORE THE JURY IS INSTRUCTED FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENSE MOTION #46 MOTION FOR RULINGS ON ALL MOTIONS NO LATER THAN THE START OF VOIR DIRE FILED

09/17/2019 WAIVER OF SPEEDY TRIAL EFFECTIVE FROM 01/31/2020 THROUGH 01/31/2021 FILED

09/17/2019 CERTIFICATE FOR COURT STENOGRAPHER FEE

09/27/2019 MOTION TO APPOINT ATTORNEY ANTHONY D PIERSON AS SPECIAL PROSECUTOR FILED
Attorney: JUNK, PROSECUTING ATTORNEY, ROBERT

09/30/2019 ENTRY APPOINTING ATTORNEY ANTHONY D PIERSON AS SPECIAL PROSECUTOR WITH ALL POWERS GRANTED TO THE PROSECUTING ATTORNEY OR ANY OF HIS REGULARLY APPOINTED ASSISTANTS

10/03/2019 """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Judge: DEERING, RANDY D
Event: MOTION HEARING
Date: 10/08/2019 Time: 01:30 PM
10/03/2019 COSTS FOR NOTICES MAILED

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...r8A3aSLoIsv3G6NOiW9mcS--bDSARl4uMLNa1rLqVrCmw

Can anyone help me on GW3 next hearing - there isn't anything on the court site.... and I probably missed it if someone posted it here. TIA! :)

I don’t think there’s a plea offer on the table for Jake. The only way I see an offer for Jake is if the state believes he was somehow manipulated or coerced by the others. Or if he has some diminished capacity due to intellectual limitations or psychological problems. And I don’t think this is the case. JMO

JMO, sometimes prosecutors make plea offers in order to shorten trials, etc. It's possible they could offer a deal to one of the family members in order to shorten the number and duration of some of the trials and help the victims' families avoid a long, drawn out process. This process could drag out for another 2 years before all the trials are completed.

If it's LWOP instead of the DP, that sounds like a reasonable alternative, JMO.

Re Jake - Sorry for the CAPS - just copying & pasting. Thought I'd post these Motions that were filed so we had it in one place.

Docket:
09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE FOR THE THIRTY-FIVE (35) DEFENSE MOTIONS FILED SEPTEMBER 17, 2019 FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENSE MOTION #12 MOTION FOR RELIEF FROM PAYMENT OF FEES RELATED TO THE ISSUANCE OF DEFENSE SUBPOENAS FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENSE MOTION #13 MOTION TO PROHIBIT ANY REFERENCES TO THE FIRST PHASE OF THESE PROCEEDINGS AS THE "GUILT PHASE" FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENSE MOTION #14 MOTION TO SUBMIT A DETAILED JURY QUESTIONNAIRE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENSE MOTION #15 MOTION FOR SPECIAL PROCEDURES TO INSULATE THE VENIRE AND THE IMPANELED JURY FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #16 MOTION FOR INDIVIDUAL SEQUESTERED VOIR DIRE ON DEATH PENALTY, PUBLICITY, AND OTHER ISSUES AND ALTERNATING VOIR DIRE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #18 MOTION TO EXCLUDE VIREPERSONS WHO CANNOT FAIRLY CONSIDER MITIGATING EVIDENCE AND/OR WHO WOULD AUTOMATICALLY VOTE FOR DEATH UPON A FINDING OF GUILT IN THE CULPABILITY PHASE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #19 MOTION TO PROHIBIT REFERENCES TO THE JURY THAT A DEATH PENALTY VERDICT IS ONLY A RECOMMENDATION TO THE TRIAL JUDGE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #20 MOTION IN LIMINE TO EXCLUDE GRUESOME OR REDUNDANT PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE DECEASED FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #21 MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE PREJUDICIAL DISPLAY OF TANGIBLE THINGS AND/OR PHOTOGRAPHS DURING TRIAL FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #22 MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT VICTIM-IMPACT EVIDENCE DURING THE TRIAL AND, IF NECESSARY, THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #23 MOTION TO EXCLUDE ANY EVIDENCE RELATING TO OTHER CRIMES, WRONGS OR ACTS FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #24 MOTION TO PERMIT DEFENSE TO ADMIT ALL RELEVANT MITIGATING EVIDENCE IN THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION # 25 MOTION TO DETERMINE AND LIMIT PLAINTIFF'S SENTENCING PHASE EVIDENCE OUTSIDE THE PRESENCE OF THE JURY FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #26 MOTION IN LIMINE TO LIMIT PROSECUTOR'S EVIDENCE AND ARGUMENT AT THE MITIGATION PHASE TO THE AGGRAVATING CIRCUMSTANCES PROVEN AT THE TRIAL PHASE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #27 MOTION TO ALLOW THE DEFENSE TO ARGUE LAST AT THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #28 MOTION IN LIMINE TO LIMIT SCOPE OF ANY REBUTTAL EVIDENCE OFFERED BY THE STATE IN THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #29 MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE STATE FROM EMPLOYING PREJUDICIAL ARGUMENTS AND THEMES FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #30 MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING EVIDENCE AND ARGUMENTS RELATED TO ANY "MENTAL HEALTH" EVIDENCE PRESENTED IN MITIGATION FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #31 MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE STATE FROM COMMENTING ON DEFENDANT'S UNSWORN STATEMENT FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION # 32 MOTION TO PROHIBIT THE PROSECUTION FROM ARGUING AND THE COURT FROM GIVING INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING STATUTORY MITIGATING FACTORS NOT RAISED BY THE DEFENSE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #33 MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING THE ADMISSIBILITY OF MITIGATING EVIDENCE THAT POST-DATES DEFENDANT'S ARREST FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #34 MOTION TO AVOID COERCIVE PRACTICES DURING MITIGATION PHASE DELIBERATIONS FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #35 MOTION FOR INSTRUCTION THAT THE DEFENDANT BEARS NO BURDEN OF PROOF AT THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #36 MOTION TO INSTRUCT THE JURY ON THE SPECIFIC MITIGATING FACTORS RAISED BY DEFENSE FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #37 MOTION TO INSTRUCT THE JURY TO CONSIDER MERCY IN ITS MITIGATION PHASE DELIBERATIONS, AND TO PROHIBIT THE PROSECUTOR FROM ARGUING THAT THE JURY SHOULD NOT CONSIDER MERCY FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #38 MOTION TO INSTRUCT THE JURORS THAT THEY MAY CONSIDER RESIDUAL DOUBT AS A MITIGATING FACTOR FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #39 MOTION IN LIMINE PROHIBITING (A) COMMENTS ON THE COSTS TO TAXPAYERS FORM DEFENDANT'S DEFENSE, AND (B) COMMENTS ON THE COSTS CONNECTED WITH DEFENSE EXPERTS FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #40 MOTION TO DISMISS CAPITAL COMPONENTS OF THIS CASE DUE TO CONSTITUTIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LAW VIOLATIONS FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #41 MOTION FOR A COURTROOM DECORUM ORDER TO ENSURE A FAIR TRIAL FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENSE MOTION #42 DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING OHIO R. EVID. 803(8): LIMITED ADMISSIBILITY OF LAW ENFORCEMENT RECORDS FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #43 MOTION FOR A PRE-TRIAL COPY OF THE TRANSCRIPT OF THE GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENSE MOTION #45 MOTION FOR WRITTEN JURY INSTRUCTIONS AND AN OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW THEM BEFORE THE JURY IS INSTRUCTED FILED

09/17/2019 DEFENSE MOTION #46 MOTION FOR RULINGS ON ALL MOTIONS NO LATER THAN THE START OF VOIR DIRE FILED

09/17/2019 WAIVER OF SPEEDY TRIAL EFFECTIVE FROM 01/31/2020 THROUGH 01/31/2021 FILED

09/27/2019 MOTION TO APPOINT ATTORNEY ANTHONY D PIERSON AS SPECIAL PROSECUTOR FILED

09/30/2019 ENTRY APPOINTING ATTORNEY ANTHONY D PIERSON AS SPECIAL PROSECUTOR WITH ALL POWERS GRANTED TO THE PROSECUTING ATTORNEY OR ANY OF HIS REGULARLY APPOINTED ASSISTANTS

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...r8A3aSLoIsv3G6NOiW9mcS--bDSARl4uMLNa1rLqVrCmw

Can anyone help me on GW3 next hearing - there isn't anything on the court site.... and I probably missed it if someone posted it here. TIA! :)

I couldn't find anything, either. In his last hearing, his attorneys made the motion for him to be seen in person by a psyhologist. It could be they're waiting on that motion before scheduling another hearing. JMO

Thank you Betty P! Much appreciated for checking! :)

No problem, Niner. If I get the chance, I'll go back to check the video from their last hearings. I know the judge was scheduling a couple things for October, but most dates were moving to January.

I think they have some motion deadlines, etc. in October.

No. I don't think they will roll over on each other. Jake's speedy trial is waived to January 2020. Sounds like he's in it for the long haul.

GW4 waived his speedy trial once but it was going to expire so they had to hurry and schedule his trial--it was set for September 4. Due to great volumes of discovery, GW4's attorneys had him waive speedy trial again.
Point being that he wanted to go to trial and showed no signs of rolling over.

Angela was giving her mom buzz words to use at her trial, and telling her not to testify against them saying "you don't have to."
Angela also talked about her attorney's theories for her case . Doesn't sound like she is going to roll over on anyone.

A plea deal is not what they want-- they want it all--to be acquitted.
...2 Cents.....
:oops:....CORRECTION....JAKE'S TRIAL DEFERRED TO 2021 NOT 2020....:oops:

It's funny that they would involve everyone but her. However, maybe they knew she wouldn't have gone through with it because she has a better moral character?
She had to know HR's signature was faked and she forged the documents anyway. Just by the charge it seems to me that LE believes she knew some things were going to happen before they did, they know she wasn't duped. Did she really believe that HR wouldn't say, I didn't sign this? Of course she didn't, therefore she had to know it wasnt coming back at her. She knew HR wasn't going to be around to challenge that the documents she notarized that day were forged. This is all my theory and what I believe happened. RN is innocent until proven guilty.

I am so sorry but I may have hit report on your post it was unintentional.What I wanted to do was say that if a person kills a bunch of people and it's provable then I don't think they should offer a plea.Prove it in court and execute them.We don't need people like that in society and I look at it as culling the herd.Again I apologize if I caused a problem with your post.
Don't worry! It happens!

I mean to add, that I read one definition of a "reliable confidential resource" could be clergy.

IMO, the statements attributed to GW4 regarding escape and/or retribution may not be from wiretaps only, but things said to a pastor; jmo/moo.
Interesting theory, I hadn't considered that.
Under that theory, I would also include the "pastor" from her Lucasville Church on Mt. Etna.
She owns the church and property. Might the revenge conversation have been held there? Maybe tapped into or overheard there?

JMHO, but I do not agree. Prosecution says the conversation took place in FWs home.

It is beyond comprehension. My family dynamic is the same I have two sons, a grandson and a granddaughter. We have discussed the case and we all cannot wrap our mind around an entire family plotting and carrying out a cold blooded murder of an entire family. We even have compared it the granddaughter's other family and said how we cannot image looking her the eye knowing we plan to kill people she loves. My oldest son bought up even if someone said out of anger they need to die, how could the whole family commit to it? Can you image saying for example: "Mom you go to Walmart and buy new boots" "Jake you plant and monitor surveillance" "Oh and lets get the grandmothers involved", and NO ONE said "wait! this is crazy, we can't do this". I simple do not understand.
If you research FW and her hubby back in the old days, there were quite a few things they did that was less than legal. They were powerful in the area for quite some time and got used to paying/ threatening to get what they wanted. They paid to get full custody of the other grandkid and I really think they just figured they would never get caught. On thing they did not count on was sites like this and others who kept the heat on, I believe without that, they had a very good chance of it all going away. Even LM stated if they can live with it so can we. JMO

Docket:

Hey Niner, thanks for the info. In regards to your question about Billy's (GW3) next hearing date, I listened to Billy's last hearing and I transcribed the part that gives future dates. I'm not sure if these 3 dates mentioned will all be in open Court or not?

Judge Deering:

"...also it is anticipated there will be fact specific Motions filed in this case, currently there is a deadline of October 31 for the filing of those.....discovery I think is not %100 complete so that October 31 date is affected by how quickly the defense can receive all the discoverable things in a form that they can open--computer things--and familiarize themselves with the discovery.

But right now it's October 31 for the deadline of filing fact specific Motions with November 22nd as the date which the State is to make a response to those Motions. December 6th for rebuttal by the defense. And we have set a pre-trial and scheduling conference for those fact specific Motions. That conference is set for December 9th 1:30pm..."

Me:

According to Docket information, my interpretation only, there is an important difference between Substantive Motions (fact specific) and Non-Substantive Motions.

Substantive Motions (fact specific) require evidence to be submitted. Rita's Attorney 's Motion to throw out her GJ testimony was a Substantive Motion and required evidence, thus they subpoenaed the Court Clerk. They ended up showing no real evidence and of course Judge Deering tossed out the Motion. They wasted the Court's time and the Court
Clerk's time without sufficient evidence.

Non-Substantive Motions do not require evidence, they can be argued on written or oral arguments alone. A good example is all of those standard death penalty Motions that are being filed for each of the Wagners. They all pretty much have the same identical Motions being filed. These are the (boring) Motions that they have been arguing over, recently, in Court.

Substantive Motions will be much more interesting and those will come up next according to Judge Deering and the Docket information.

.......All Just My 2 Cents Only........

Last edited:
Monday, October 7th:
*Motions Hearing (@ pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – Only for *Rita Jo Newcomb (65) (Maternal grandmother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged & arraigned (11/15/18) with 3 counts: forgery, obstructing justice & perjury. Plead not guilty. $50K Surety bond.
Trial set to begin 10/21/19. Expected to last 4 days.
Court information & hearings from 11/15/18 to 6/14/19 reference post #1509 here:
OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49
7/25/19 Update: Next Motions hearing on 8/28. Motion to expedite revocation of bond hearing. Rita broke a strict house arrest rule by having long conversations with Angela.
8/28/19 Update: Five motions pending. First two about compelling discovery. Also motion for change of venue, motion to dismiss and motion to revoke bond. Re defendant's motion to dismiss indictment due to irregularities in Grand Jury proceedings. Judge Deering hears arguments & testimony & overrules the motion, doesn't see any irregularities or anything sufficient to show problems. Judge is going to let all the RN GJ testimony go to the defense counsel only. Counsel shall make no statements about this matter in public in court or to any source. Defense wants "counsel only" restriction lifted on evidence related to handwriting analysis. Also want them to remove redactions.
Re defendant’s motion for change of venue. Judge says it’s premature to expect the prosecution to present its case right now. Will dismiss the motion. They can bring it up at trial.
Re State's motion to revoke bail - Judge verifies those are recorded phone calls, State provided recordings of the 13 specific phone calls and sent them to RN's defense. Judge Deering that he is going to expand the order - no phone calls can be taken by AW at RN's home. No phone calls can be taken by anyone else in her household. If the court finds calls are being received or made to Wagner or if people while at that house are receiving or making calls to her then one of two things will happen; you’ll go to jail or you can’t live in that home anymore." Next Motions hearing Oct. 7. Judge will hear arguments regarding redacted documents turned over to the defense by prosecutors. Trial still remains on 10/21.

*George Washington Wagner III – Fact Specific Motions hearing on 12/9.
*Angela Jo Wagner – Pretrial motions hearing on 12/11.
*George Washington Wagner IV - Next pretrial & scheduling conference hearing on 1/21/20.
*Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner – Next pretrial hearing on 10/8. Fact Specific Motions hearing on 12/11.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner – 6/26/19 Charges dismissed without prejudice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke