OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent question. At first I thought of the non-existent cartel hitmen that the Wag's mentioned as often as they could. But that wouldn't make any sense at all. I hope AC asks her if she posed your question to Angela. I'd be very interested in her answer.
IMO there was no “they” . It was another lie by AW.

For some reason, I thought she was charged for having notarized a forged document. But it was all AW who used her Mom's notary stamp (without Rita's knowledge/permission) and put the official seal and her Mom's signature on a document in which Hanna's signature was also forged. I'm probably conflating facts though. Can someone help me out? TIA (Too many murder cases!!)
If RN would have notarized the statements she could have been sentenced to ten years in jail and $10.000 fine , according to the notary rules for Ohio that I received when I was a notary .

Angenette Levy
@Angenette5
·
Oct 14
Eveslage says George Wagner IV had block Frankie Rhoden, his ex-wife Tabi Claytor, Hanna May Rhoden and Chris Rhoden, Jr.
@LawCrimeNetwork

Jake Wagner tattoos from his Facebook page.
@LawCrimeNetwork
Angenette Levy
@Angenette5
·
Oct 14
Billy Wagner's tattoo from after the homicides. A scorpion on his right index finger. It had 8 notches on it
@LawCrimeNetwork
OH v. #GeorgeWagnerIV <-- I assume Jake and Angela will testify about these tattoos and the meaning?

Oct 14
Replying to
@Angenette5
George Wagner's tattoo with the skull with an 8 ball in its mouth after the homicides.
@LawCrimeNetwork

Oct 14
Eveslage said they took an interest in Billy, Jake and George getting tattoos a month after the murders. This was discussed among family members in text messages
@LawCrimeNetwork
OH v. #GeorgeWagnerIV

Julia Eveslage said they received victim Facebook info in late 2016, Wagner in 2017. She says it showed Angela Wagner had blocked Frankie and Hanna Rhoden and Hannah Hazel Gilley. Dana Rhoden had blocked Angela Wagner.
@LawCrimeNetwork
Thank you for posting. Did BW use the same tattoo artist as JW and GW4? Maybe it was take your child to work day, and junior thought he'd show off his mad skills. JMOO

If RN would have notarized the statements she could have been sentenced to ten years in jail and $10.000 fine , according to the notary rules for Ohio that I received when I was a notary .
That's still accurate afaik. I think that's what they used as leverage.

They'd have to unblock them, use the password, read the messages, and re-block them. If they used standalone Messenger, it tells you the person is unavailable, if they've blocked you, or you don't see them at all, if you've blocked them.
If you log into their account, you could read the messages. MOO

Good morning for Week 6 of the Pike County murder trial of George Wagner IV. First is a hearing on defense attempt to get a witness to testify remotely from Alaska. Then we expect a heavy day of BCI witnesses and evidence including more ballistic exhibits.
@local12

The witness is Mike Walters that the defense wants to testify remotely. Judge Deering says there is emerging case law but most of it is about prosecution. Also needs to find out if testimony is admissable.

Also needs to figure out if the courtroom's technology will handle it to enable judge, jury and all parties to see the testimony and that direct and cross examination can be done

Prosecution saying defense had previously said no remote as this is death penalty case. This is also a character witness - and what is the reason he can't come?

Defense says witness can't come because of his business. He could testify at the local courthouse in Alaska. George Wagner worked for him when they lived there

Defense says he is important witness whether he is just character or mitigation witness. But he only met George and Jake after the murders and after they moved north from Alaska.
@local12

Prosecution: clear he is not a fact witness. And they never got a copy of the interview that the investigator did with him.

Witness is a mechanic - unclear if he works for someone or has his own shop. Says he can't get away for several days.

Defense says they can't give him a day that he would definitely testify. Especially since travel is complicated from Alaska.

Judge says prerequisites are witness is admissable, that there be an oath given and cross examination - and that judge jury and lawyers can see demeanor of witness during testimony. Also says time zone changes are an issue. Defense says test run technology can be done.

Judge not ruling today but his tendency is that if all those are met that the remote witness should be allowed. Now a bench conference.

@arielilane - will you be doing tweets today too? I hope so! :)
Good morning, Niner, I planned to if you needed me to, but looks like Julia got you covered. Here is duplicate.

Good morning for Week 6 of the Pike County murder trial of George Wagner IV. First is a hearing on defense attempt to get a witness to testify remotely from Alaska. Then we expect a heavy day of BCI witnesses and evidence including more ballistic exhibits.

The witness is Mike Walters that the defense wants to testify remotely. Judge Deering says there is emerging case law but most of it is about prosecution. Also needs to find out if testimony is admissable.

Also needs to figure out if the courtroom's technology will handle it to enable judge, jury and all parties to see the testimony and that direct and cross examination can be done.

Prosecution saying defense had previously said no remote as this is death penalty case. This is also a character witness - and what is the reason he can't come.

Defense says witness can't come because of his business. He could testify at the local courthouse in Alaska. George Wagner worked for him when they lived there.

Defense says he is important witness whether he is just character or mitigation witness. But he only met George and Jake after the murders and after they moved north from Alaska.

Prosecution: clear he is not a fact witness. And they never got a copy of the interview that the investigator did with him.

Witness is a mechanic - unclear if he works for someone or has his own shop. Says he can't get away for several days.

Defense says they can't give him a day that he would definitely testify. Especially since travel is complicated from Alaska.

Judge says prerequisites are witness is admissable, that there be an oath given and cross examination - and that judge jury and lawyers can see demeanor of witness during testimony. Also says time zone changes are an issue. Defense says test run technology can be done.

Judge not ruling today but his tendency is that if all those are met that the remote witness should be allowed. Now a bench conference. https://twitter.com/jamespilcher

I'm dropping in a few tweets to catch up. This is about a witness who will testify from Alaska

Adjourning til 9:30 am to handle technical issues, work situation (?)

Judge not ruling today but his tendency is that if all those are met that the remote witness should be allowed. Now a bench conference.

@local12

Angenette Levy @Angenette5
Judge Deering questioning why the witness can't fly in, testify, and fly out. Deering says the case law says the witness has to be "reasonably unavailable" and "adequate showing of necessity." Not sure absence from a business is a sufficient reason.
@LawCrimeNetwork

The difference here being SW wasn't present for any violence. BR, who was 3 I believe does have trauma per his mother and is/was getting counseling.
Between the ages of 3-5, SW lost her mother, maternal grandparents, aunt & uncles to violence. Her paternal family committed that violence; she lost her father, grandparents, uncle and was separated from the brother/cousin she had grown up with - who also lost everyone in his family. That's a lot of trauma for two little 3-5 y/o. SW will someday learn the reason for the violence. BW will learn who committed that violence and why. That too will be traumatic.

Just as Rebecca Babcock was affected simply by being the biological daughter of Diane Downs, all these children will be affected as well.

The courtroom looks pretty populated today. I wonder if there's some interesting testimony scheduled for today. Unfortunately real life keeps messing with me and I'll need to play catch up all day again.

Thank you everyone for keeping us updated!

Can't find any info in reporter tweets, but it sounds like the state and defense are arguing about how to introduce/use some recorded conversations with the Wagners?

JMO, its important to remember that the state/court spent a huge amount of money and time to have all these recordings transcribed. I can't believe (yes I can), the defense is saying its an inaccurate transcript. They spent months arguing about this in pre-trial. Work was done, all transcribed, everything. They were given copies of recordings and transcripts (though pretty sure they lied and said they didn't). They've had those transcripts for over a year and NOW they claim they're inaccurate. BS.

Last edited:
Judge instructions to jury.

Outburst on Friday afternoon. Person was removed. Ignore the outburst, not part of evidence. Person is not affiliated with defense or prosecution. Per Judge Deering.

If you log into their account, you could read the messages. MOO
Yes,I know. However, they'd have to unblock the account to do so. The account they blocked would be invisible to them otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly