OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me for, perhaps, being a dunce but does any know what Jake's tattoo is of or about? I get Billy's scorpion with eight notches on it and George's 8-ball being eaten, but I'm not sure what Jake's tattoo is or is alleged to be about ...
The only one I've seen was the one prior to the murders and IF I remember correctly, it was of a the Browning Buck (Browning Arms Logo)

This is my statement regarding the events that occurred Friday in the trial of #GeorgeWagnerIV.

On Friday, September 14, upon the advice of legal counsel and after a court order from Ohio's
Fourth District Court of Appeals affirming the media's right to object to illegal, archaic rules
imposed by a Pike County Court of Common Pleas Judge in the trial of George Wagner IV, I
was forcibly removed from the courtroom for rightfully and respectfully objecting the limitation of
media access. My objection was to the Judge's continued blatant violation and misinterpretation
of the Supreme Court's rules and established case law regarding journalism being able to
document, film, and record the court proceedings.
In addition, the doors to the courtroom have been locked* by armed deputies and state officers
who refuse to allow the media - or the general public - to enter the courtroom unless the
court is in recess, despite court personnel, family members, and advocates freely
coming-and-going.
I followed the Code of Ethics of the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) and steps outlined
by the Ohio State Bar Association by respectfully objecting; I remained in compliance with
professional standards, decorum, ethics, and guidance at all times.
The media pool's legal counsel, Jack Greiner, who is a fierce advocate for the first amendment,
media rights, and courtroom access is working on the next steps on how this situation proceeds.
Until then, I am permanently banned from the Pike County Courthouse, however, the Guardian's
live stream and trial coverage (when the judge "permits" the media's attendance and filming at
his leisure) will continue through other journalists from our newsroom. I will continue to cover the
trial from a rented satellite office next door to the courthouse.
The restrictions imposed by Judge Randy Deering in this case are illegal, archaic, and a
violation of the Constitutional rights afforded by Ohio and the United States, not to mention in
direct derelict and contempt of the Writ of Prohibition the Fourth District issued on Tuesday in
favor of the media and the public.
Full transparency is needed, especially in death penalty cases. The public should know how the
state intends to kill one of its own, especially someone who is accused of taking the lives of
eight people in a case that has been billed the most expensive and worst homicide in Ohio's
history.
As we say in the news business: we'll keep you posted on any new developments." and thank
you for the support from those who believe in a free press and open judiciary.

A poster on here said he bought some court transcripts, I think in CA? For 75 cents a page. That is just what this poster said. This is too high a price if you want to buy weeks and weeks and weeks of trial transcripts.

So if the price is really high I would try to get just certain parts of it, just certain witness testimony, not everything.

We can all try to figure this out together. Many have offered to pitch in on the price which is one good plan.

After all these years we deserve to get transcripts of important witnesses who opt out. Let's all see what we can do.

I want Jake, Angela and Jake's EX wife's testimony transcripts for sure. All of Rita's would be good, etc...Some others as well.
I was in a deposition for 6-7 hours once and the transcript was hundreds and hundreds of pages just for my testimony.

Jmo but last week Fw put up no trespassing signs on gate. I believe she will opt out of camera and voice recording. And I believe Fw will have Robin opt out as well.
I gotta say, CN testifying, without opting out, made his testimony have more of an impact for me. I think he was truthful, and showed how he truly felt. Although he said he still loved GW4, he would not want to share a space with him (loosely quoting). It would be very difficult to face cameras, knowing what your family/ best friend, is accused of, and what two have actually confessed to doing, your own sister at that. Especially difficult in a small town. The thing is, they know your name. That's all they need, and someone who is in the courtroom taking notes. That can lead to the old game of telephone. I'd rather have my testimony on record, via audio, at least. It's possible the court reporters will come armed with extra pens and paper for note taking or hire someone to do shorthand (if they can find someone with that skill these days). Voice intonation, inflection, facial features, etc... are usually lost in translation. I'd not want that of my testimony, no matter how difficult it might be.

On another vein of thought, I was thinking the courtroom looked a bit sparse. I'd seen a Covid19 statement earlier which would restrict attendance, and have never seen that it was lifted. Does anyone know if that's still in effect?

Edward ‘Jake’ Wagner pleads guilty to role in Pike County murders

Angela Wagner, his mom, pleaded guilty as part of a deal in 2021. Prosecutors say she helped her sons & husband stalk and kill the victims in 2016. Previous report explaining her charges:

Just curious, I'm asking around to others who have watched more trials than I. Has anyone ever seen a reporter do something like this before?
I've only watched two long ones sort of back in the day, OJ and Casey Anthony. And I thought I saw everything in those trials but no reporters behaving that way.

But he's the only one who got up and shouted at the judge, made a scene about it in the courtroom. JMO, that was an attempt to undermine the judge in the eyes of the jury. He ended up looking like a fool, though.

I don't know why we're discussing this. There's no evidence, no facts that say Jake and Angela will opt out. None at all. People are getting all worked up for what may be nothing.
I don't think it's just about AW and JW. The motion was filed on Sept. 02, 2022

The pics are a couple of pages back, Cool Cats posted them.

Jake used to have two large pistons with the connecting rods crossed, a gearhead type of tattoo.

He got that changed to a color tattoo with a large C Cummins and the word diesel. Might be some flames or something around the logo, and it looks like diesel is spelled diesal. The pistons and crossed rods are still on the inner bicep.

Makes me think the murder truck was a Dodge.

Page 17 post #325
Sigh. If so, and, if it's a 6.7 turbo Cummins engine in diesel Dodge truck -- not a cheap giveaway -- it's a head scratcher that all three confessed and wrote a roadmap on their arms and hands -- on the same day. That would make the 8 ball tattoo even more damning in my opinion.

It should be a real hoot seeing Deering trying to figure out how to use Zoom. I hope he spent this weekend familiarizing himself with it. It was so commonly used during Covid in the courts and so many courts still use it. There is even a judge who has his own youtube channel where he uses it and broadcasts every court session he has, although he does allow the defendants and attorneys to use the courtroom if they so choose. Most chose the zoom option.

On another note, Pike County was given a grant of over $16,000 to update their court technology. I wonder what they spent it on other than the tvs/monitors in that courtroom? Ohio Supreme Court Justice brings technology grant to Pike Court of Common Pleas
TBF, I think that Junk and whoever else set up, or is running, tech equipment could have used some extra guidance. O.O

Sigh. If so, and, if it's a 6.7 turbo Cummins engine in diesel Dodge truck -- not a cheap giveaway -- it's a head scratcher that all three confessed and wrote a roadmap on their arms and hands -- on the same day. That would make the 8 ball tattoo even more damning in my opinion.

Could you explain about the 6.7 turbo Cummins engine? Was this the kind of truck they used in the murders? or CR's truck? I'm still really confused how JW's tattoo is linked to this crime.

This is my statement regarding the events that occurred Friday in the trial of #GeorgeWagnerIV.

On Friday, September 14, upon the advice of legal counsel and after a court order from Ohio's
Fourth District Court of Appeals affirming the media's right to object to illegal, archaic rules
imposed by a Pike County Court of Common Pleas Judge in the trial of George Wagner IV, I
was forcibly removed from the courtroom for rightfully and respectfully objecting the limitation of
media access. My objection was to the Judge's continued blatant violation and misinterpretation
of the Supreme Court's rules and established case law regarding journalism being able to
document, film, and record the court proceedings.
In addition, the doors to the courtroom have been locked* by armed deputies and state officers
who refuse to allow the media - or the general public - to enter the courtroom unless the
court is in recess, despite court personnel, family members, and advocates freely
coming-and-going.
I followed the Code of Ethics of the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) and steps outlined
by the Ohio State Bar Association by respectfully objecting; I remained in compliance with
professional standards, decorum, ethics, and guidance at all times.
The media pool's legal counsel, Jack Greiner, who is a fierce advocate for the first amendment,
media rights, and courtroom access is working on the next steps on how this situation proceeds.
Until then, I am permanently banned from the Pike County Courthouse, however, the Guardian's
live stream and trial coverage (when the judge "permits" the media's attendance and filming at
his leisure) will continue through other journalists from our newsroom. I will continue to cover the
trial from a rented satellite office next door to the courthouse.
The restrictions imposed by Judge Randy Deering in this case are illegal, archaic, and a
violation of the Constitutional rights afforded by Ohio and the United States, not to mention in
direct derelict and contempt of the Writ of Prohibition the Fourth District issued on Tuesday in
favor of the media and the public.
Full transparency is needed, especially in death penalty cases. The public should know how the
state intends to kill one of its own, especially someone who is accused of taking the lives of
eight people in a case that has been billed the most expensive and worst homicide in Ohio's
history.
As we say in the news business: we'll keep you posted on any new developments." and thank
you for the support from those who believe in a free press and open judiciary.
Full transparency is needed, especially in death penalty cases. Agree, b/c approximately 4% of those on Death Row are innocent of their convictions. That may seem like a pretty low number, unless you are one of the 4% sitting on Death Row.

But he's the only one who got up and shouted at the judge, made a scene about it in the courtroom. JMO, that was an attempt to undermine the judge in the eyes of the jury. He ended up looking like a fool, though.

I don't know why we're discussing this. There's no evidence, no facts that say Jake and Angela will opt out. None at all. People are getting all worked up for what may be nothing.
Ok. Let me throw out a hypothetical. Can you think of another way the reporter could have challenged RN's testimony not being broadcast that would have been less embarrassing to the judge? They could have kept counsel in the courtroom for the proceedings -- but, the effect would have been, the same if not worse

Could you explain about the 6.7 turbo Cummins engine? Was this the kind of truck they used in the murders? or CR's truck? I'm still really confused how JW's tattoo is linked to this crime.
We don't know, officially, what truck they used but we do know AC said they gave it to George's cousin, Katy Wagner, the morning of and after the murders. So, we will probably find out then.

Cummins makes this engine:

Dodge makes this truck, with said engine:

Point being - if Katy Wagner got a diesel truck with a Cummins engine in it, that would be pretty damning and would strengthen the idea that all those tattoos are about the murders

Last edited:
Just curious, I'm asking around to others who have watched more trials than I. Has anyone ever seen a reporter do something like this before?
I have not seen it on TV but I did see it in person in New York Supreme Court (those are the lower courts in NY). The reporter asked the judge "respectfully" if he could speak when the judge was closing a hearing. He objected and ask for time to contact the newspaper's attorneys. The judge granted the request, there was a hearing of whether the judge should close the hearing with all of the attorneys and the judge decided to keep the hearing open

Never have I seen a reporter do this before . I understand the ruling , what I don’t understand is every time a witness opts out a hearing of the parties will be held first … Doing that will drag this trial out even longer. I also understand the court’s concerns about RN, JW & AW testimonies and evidence presented or going to be presented that will be used in BW trial that future jurors might see read

Never have I seen a reporter do this before . I understand the ruling , what I don’t understand is every time a witness opts out a hearing of the parties will be held first … Doing that will drag this trial out even longer. I also understand the court’s concerns about RN, JW & AW testimonies and evidence presented or going to be presented that will be used in BW trial that future jurors might see read
Based on all we’ve heard so far, BW should just give up now and take the plea deal.

Yes, and it usually the media. Sometimes another interested party. The last time I saw it online was in the Amber Heard/Johnny Depp trial.

ETA: I believe it was a TMZ attorney objecting to an ex tmz contributor testifying.

Yes, it was a TMZ attorney (not a reporter) but he didn't stand up and object during proceedings or while jury was present. He (on behalf of TMZ) had previously submitted an emergency motion and the judge set aside time for him to plead the motion - while they were taking care of other matters and BEFORE the jury was brought in. The judge also clarified more than once that TMZ was "not a party in this case". She allowed him to speak as a courtesy. She didn't have to even entertain the motion, as TMZ was neither plaintiff nor defendant. It was a courtesy, and it was planned for.

I heard Judge Deering say something similar to the reporter: "There is a trial going on here... the media is not involved in this trial". (Neither a plaintiff nor a defendant)

I 100% support the 1A. I would like the opportunity to see or hear all of the testimony, however, in my opinion, it was inappropriate (and unprofessional) of the reporter - who is not a party in the case - to intervene while the jury was present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly