OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he's worrying about his retirement early next year it was going to be I believe.

Judge Deering has been a good and fair judge for many years and I certainly wish him the best when he does retire. However, the only drawback in him retiring is... Rob Junk replaces him.:eek:

I have been trying to figure out who will be the Judge for Billy Wagner IF Deering does retire. I"ll try to find out the answer to that question. :)

I gotta say, CN testifying, without opting out, made his testimony have more of an impact for me. I think he was truthful, and showed how he truly felt. Although he said he still loved GW4, he would not want to share a space with him (loosely quoting). It would be very difficult to face cameras, knowing what your family/ best friend, is accused of, and what two have actually confessed to doing, your own sister at that. Especially difficult in a small town. The thing is, they know your name. That's all they need, and someone who is in the courtroom taking notes. That can lead to the old game of telephone. I'd rather have my testimony on record, via audio, at least. It's possible the court reporters will come armed with extra pens and paper for note taking or hire someone to do shorthand (if they can find someone with that skill these days). Voice intonation, inflection, facial features, etc... are usually lost in translation. I'd not want that of my testimony, no matter how difficult it might be.

On another vein of thought, I was thinking the courtroom looked a bit sparse. I'd seen a Covid19 statement earlier which would restrict attendance, and have never seen that it was lifted. Does anyone know if that's still in effect?

There are no restrictions for Covid, and as long as you are seated before court begins you are okay but you have to stay seated until breaks... which is a good thing, it does become disruptive when people are in and out in a normal trial. o_O

I'm watching Angenette Levy's recap of this past weeks testimony that she streamed 5 hours ago on YouTube. She said it was testified by RN, I believe because she had just mentioned RN said AW was sexually assaulted when she was in the service. Then Angenette said that after the Montana border interviews AW took the kids to the hospital because she thought BCI had poisoned them! :oops: So Angenette Levy went onto say that makes three different people the W's have accused of poisoning the kids. GWIV's ex-wife, JW's ex-wife and BCI.

Could you explain about the 6.7 turbo Cummins engine? Was this the kind of truck they used in the murders? or CR's truck? I'm still really confused how JW's tattoo is linked to this crime.
With him supposedly a diesal, oops, diesel, mechanic I can see him getting the tatts. I couldn't tell if that was a C to the left of what appears to be a set of pistons, or not. There's not a lot of tatt shops around there from what I can tell. One in particular, in Pike, has photos of tatts they've done of Runes and the Valknut (the latter is associated with the death of a warrior in battle) and is considered to be of Norse/Pagan/Heathen background. I'd be willing to bet a dime to a dollar that's where they went. People will ramble and chat while in the chair. I'd be interested in hearing from the tattooist.

Judge Deering has been a good and fair judge for many years and I certainly wish him the best when he does retire. However, the only drawback in him retiring is... Rob Junk replaces him.:eek:

I have been trying to figure out who will be the Judge for Billy Wagner IF Deering does retire. I"ll try to find out the answer to that question. :)

I like Judge Deering but I cannot imagine Junk being in that position. Is it not an elected position? Well, that may not matter if he can run the projector by the end of the trial. I'm sorry, I just dislike the man.

I dated a guy early in high school (nothing serious, 4-5 dates) who as an infant, his father shot & killed his mother (while she was holding him), then turned the gun on himself. He was also shot in the leg & carry’s the scars to this day but has no memory of the event. As adults, I was in a circle of friends with him & his wife (and now their adult daughter). On the outside, was a good guy, outgoing, friendly, would do anything for anyone. But I later learned that in private, he had a very dark side; abusing both alcohol and his wife.

I had another friend in elementary school whose adult step-uncle hid in their home and shot & killed two of her sisters as they all came in from school bus, then killed two of the State Troopers who responded later that evening. Her mother had been hiding from him in the barn and was unable to warn the girls. That was in early 70’s. We were 9 y/o. My young friend was also shot but eventually made her wayto a neighboring farm for help. She remained emotionally fragile and “not quite right” through high school. I don’t know whatever happened to her, she moved at some point before we graduated HS & I never saw her again.

My point is, violent trauma as a child can have lifelong psychological effects, whether they remember the event or not - but also, some mental illnesses (even predication for addiction) can be genetic. Then there’s the media/social media. These children will all grow up to learn the truth. And the lies. Someday, they will read about the murders, the trials & themselves. When I think about that, I think of Diane Down’s children - especially the daughter now known as Rebecca Babcock (born in prison then adopted).

As an adult Rebecca said “The impact of Diane Downs being my mom has altered the course of my life so many times.”

As these trials move forward then behind us, as the years move on, please think of them & continue sending up your prayers or positive vibes towards the very best future for these 4 children who have forever had their lives altered. (And also for the families who are raising them).
The difference here being SW wasn't present for any violence. BR, who was 3 I believe does have trauma per his mother and is/was getting counseling.

I don't think you have SW's age correct. I'm pretty sure she was a toddler at the time of the murders, age 2-1/2 I think. She would have been closer to age 5 at the time of the arrests. I don't have my notes handy right now though so jmo
Oh right, she was born 11/2013, so almost exactly 5 when the arrests happened.

This was in reference to Chris N's girlfriend/wife testifying this morning. George and Jake wanted Chris and her to get custody of the kids, Chris had a lawyer and was trying. They believed Tabi was bad because that is all they heard about and why Tabi didn't have her son. Then, she (Chris's wife) testified that after Jake confessed they realized that baby Tabi wasn't like the W's had told them all along. I can believe this.

A judge gives custody of the boy to George. You see they take him to Alaska you know Tabi isn't objecting or you don't think she is. Then they are arrested and you think falsely accused and you want to help by getting his son and keeping him safe from the mom you have heard so many bad things about. Then Jake confesses and you realize you might have been played. She testified that she only met Tabi maybe once before and she didn't know her outside of that. So she based her opinion on what the Ws told her.
Oh, okay. That makes more sense, on many levels. Thank you for that information.

Last edited:
We don't know, officially, what truck they used but we do know AC said they gave it to George's cousin, Katy Wagner, the morning of and after the murders. So, we will probably find out then.

Cummins makes this engine:

Dodge makes this truck, with said engine:

Point being - if Katy Wagner got a diesel truck with a Cummins engine in it, that would be pretty damning and would strengthen the idea that all those tattoos are about the murders
And we know it cost the Wagner's $2500 to buy from a relative

Monday, October 17th:
*Trial continues (Day 24) (@ 9am ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (37). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) & a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 31) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 5th degree obstructing justice, & 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP. Per Jake’s plea agreement, DP is off the table if his testimony is truthful.
Trial began on 8/29/22 with final jury selection & the jury was seated on 8/30/22. 12 Jurors & 6 alternates. Jury: (9 women & 3 men) & 6 alternates: (5 women & 1 man). 9/30/22: Ill juror replaced with alternate. 12 jurors & 5 alternates. Jury: (9 women & 3 men) & 5 alternates (4 women & 1 man).
Trial began with opening statements began on Monday, 9/12/22. (Trial is scheduled for 30 days).

Crime info & court hearings from 11/28/18 thru 9/6/22 & Trial Day 1-22 (9/12 to 10/13/22) reference post #8 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...e-4-members-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/

10/13/22 Additional info: Thursday, Trial Day 22: Chris Newcomb.
for more info see post #18 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...e-4-members-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/

10/14/22 Friday, Trial Day 23: State witness: Randa Hughes, common-law wife of Chris Newcomb.
for more info see post #27 & 40 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...mbers-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/page-2
For more info see post #51 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...mbers-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/page-3
For more info see post #72 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...mbers-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/page-4
For more info see post #81 (audio of her testimony) & 88 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...mbers-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/page-5
For more info see post #136 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...mbers-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/page-7
State witness: Bryan White. formally from BCI, now Lt. with Madison County, OH Sheriff's Dept.
For more info see post #77 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...mbers-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/page-4
For more info see post # here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...mbers-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/page-5
For more info see post #136 & 137 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...mbers-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/page-7
For more info see post #161 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...mbers-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/page-9
State witness: BCI Criminal Intelligence Analyst Julia Eveslage.
For more info see post #161 & 174 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...mbers-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/page-9
*One reporter gets kicked out of court room.
For more info see post #202 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/page-11
For more info see post #325 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/page-17
State witness: Rita Newcomb, Angela’s mother.
For more info see post #229 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/page-12
For more info see post #242 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/page-13
*Brief recap of testimony:
For more info see post #233 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-77.639955/page-12
Judge Deering said he has denied the defense request for grand jury transcripts of Rita Newcomb and Fredericka Wagner. He agreed with the state that they are not co-defendants so they shouldn't get the transcripts. There will be a hearing at 8:30am Monday, 10/17/22 on F. Wagner & R. Newcomb testifying remotely (post 26 page 2). Trial continues on Monday,
10/17/22

I have a running list on a certain popular buying site. One for me, my s/o, and individual lists for other family, that I might purchase gifts for anything from births, to Christmas.
That's contained in the buying site or its app though, and that app defaults to user name's wish list. (If it's the popular buying site I have in mind.) I think this list was either a pic of a written out list, or it's one they manually input into the phone's native notes app/similar downloaded notes app. JMOO I don't think they were scrolling and noting their favorite guns. I think it was an inventory of guns that they already owned. AMOO

I'm wondering exactly who "they" are? This was before W4 were arrested. Who was AW afraid was going to hurt her bad or kill her?

"Canepa asked her if Wagner came to her after the #Rhoden family homicides and asked her to lie and say she signed forged child-custody documents related to the child shared by Hanna Rhoden and Jake Wagner. 4/8

Newcomb said her daughter told her: "Mom, if you won't sign they will hurt me bad or kill me." But, she testified that she knew it was wrong at the time. 5/8"
Excellent question. At first I thought of the non-existent cartel hitmen that the Wag's mentioned as often as they could. But that wouldn't make any sense at all. I hope AC asks her if she posed your question to Angela. I'd be very interested in her answer.

Yes, as I recall from her trial for the problem with custody documents. She was a notary public. She worked at some job I don't recall until retirement.

JMO, after a quick check of the area, I don't think there are many Section 8 apartments available. Eligibility for that is pretty steep in Ohio. You have to be extremely poor, usually disabled are a priority. The waiting lists can be quite long. I'm fairly certain that, in Ohio, you have to divest yourself of other assets before being approved. That means you can't have any money in savings, if you own family property you must sell it, etc. Lots of loopholes.
Single parents with minor children get first priority. You are correct, the qualifications are steep. She'd be on a waiting list for years, and that's if she'd even qualify.

I just read about this catching up on today's testimony due to missing it.

Snip-(at the end of the article)

Rita reluctantly conceded that she suspects her daughter and grandsons may have stolen her beloved long-time horse and sold it.

The more testimony I hear, the angrier I get about the plea agreements.

Perhaps they will bring in another judge, hopefully not one handpicked by the Wagner family.

After reading that, it looks like he was acting within the previous rulings on the subject, and not simply taking matters into his own hands as a rogue act.

The paragraph below is interesting...

In addition, the doors to the courtroom have been “locked” by armed deputies and state officers who refuse to allow the media — or the general public — to enter the courtroom unless the court is in recess, despite court personnel, family members, and advocates freely coming-and-going.

I’ve seen members of the media in the courtroom during this trial, so why is he saying they’re not allowed?
I don’t trust this guy. Why is he making things up? Just to get clicks to his web site?

Thank you for posting the above article . I always thought that AW forged the documents and got RN to lie for her. Yesterday on from different news stations it was said that RN admitted to forgery.
For some reason, I thought she was charged for having notarized a forged document. But it was all AW who used her Mom's notary stamp (without Rita's knowledge/permission) and put the official seal and her Mom's signature on a document in which Hanna's signature was also forged. I'm probably conflating facts though. Can someone help me out? TIA (Too many murder cases!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly