OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake and Angie agreed to testify in their Proffers. I suspect that that meant live testimony. I would be hesitant to argue much with the people who could deny their plea agreement.
I thought of this as well.

Until we see the plea's we don't know if there were exemptions/exceptions to it.

But, if I understand correctly, Ohio law provides this option, but the judge reserves the final say.

At their pre-trial hearings, both of them gave their confessions live, on camera. You can find video of them doing so, probably on YouTube. I suspect they will do the same with this testimony.

As for the Scioto Valley Blogger guy, if the latest ruling was in his favor about showing gory, graphic crime scene photos, why is he complaining? He's free to do that now.

That is not what this was about, and there are way more reporters than just him behind it. :rolleyes: IMO, there are 20 or more, he was just their voice also.

That is not what this was about, and there are way more reporters than just him behind it. :rolleyes: IMO, there are 20 or more, he was just their voice also.

But he's the only one who got up and shouted at the judge, made a scene about it in the courtroom. JMO, that was an attempt to undermine the judge in the eyes of the jury. He ended up looking like a fool, though.

I don't know why we're discussing this. There's no evidence, no facts that say Jake and Angela will opt out. None at all. People are getting all worked up for what may be nothing.

It should be a real hoot seeing Deering trying to figure out how to use Zoom. I hope he spent this weekend familiarizing himself with it. It was so commonly used during Covid in the courts and so many courts still use it. There is even a judge who has his own youtube channel where he uses it and broadcasts every court session he has, although he does allow the defendants and attorneys to use the courtroom if they so choose. Most chose the zoom option.

On another note, Pike County was given a grant of over $16,000 to update their court technology. I wonder what they spent it on other than the tvs/monitors in that courtroom? Ohio Supreme Court Justice brings technology grant to Pike Court of Common Pleas

But why is he the only journalist (actually, JMO, he's a blogger, not a journalist) who is making a big deal of locking doors, etc.? There's a reason for that. It's because actual professional journalists understand the rules and oppose this creep's efforts to make the judge look bad.

They're just as supportive of first amendment rights, they're just picking and choosing the relevant issues to pursue and are doing so in a professional manner.

That is not true, if so, there are at least 20 reporters backing it. Why does that make him a "CREEP"? Are the others also "CREEPS"?

But he's the only one who got up and shouted at the judge, made a scene about it in the courtroom. JMO, that was an attempt to undermine the judge in the eyes of the jury. He ended up looking like a fool, though.

I don't know why we're discussing this. There's no evidence, no facts that say Jake and Angela will opt out. None at all. People are getting all worked up for what may be nothing.
He objected at the appropriate time, in the appropriate manner. It was right before Rita was to testify.

I don't know why we're discussing this. There's no evidence, no facts that say Jake and Angela will opt out. None at all. People are getting all worked up for what may be nothing

No, the objection was just before Rita Newcomb was set to testify and once again, he was the voice for many others sitting in the media section of the courtroom. MOO Now I am done discussing it and why are you calling him a "FOOL?"

here is the video... Derek was not yelling/ nor disrespectful to Judge Deering IMO

Last edited:
Just curious, I'm asking around to others who have watched more trials than I. Has anyone ever seen a reporter do something like this before?

Just curious, I'm asking around to others who have watched more trials than I. Has anyone ever seen a reporter do something like this before?
Yes, and it usually the media. Sometimes another interested party. The last time I saw it online was in the Amber Heard/Johnny Depp trial.

ETA: I believe it was a TMZ attorney objecting to an ex tmz contributor testifying.

well, I'm still prepared to back you as I'm mad as carp when I heard AW and JW were opting out. As I'm in UK I'll need to find out best way to get the money to you, but get it you will.
I don't understand how they could have already made their choice as Judge Deering said awhile back that the forms are there to be handed out to witnesses to make their decision. It's impossible these two could have completed these forms early.

Thanks!!!

You are a very generous person. We will figure this transcript thing out. I am super upset that A and J can opt out. Really puts a whole damper on the trial. I will do my best to see if there is a way to talk to the transcriptionist herself to see if we can get certain witness transcripts.

My goal is to post/link transcripts and keep checking with the Court.

This was posted with alot of miss-spellings but point is, there might be some transcripts posted on-line that we find later on.

PIKE COUNTY MURDER TRIAL for GEORGE IV - DAY ONE, PART ONE

Transcription below is automatic and provided AS IS / UNEDITED. For accuracy, refer to video of the trial for source audio.

Last edited:
I have a question that I can’t find the answer too. I could have sworn I read that George will not be testifying. But now I can’t find anything when I google that says he won’t be and I’m wondering/hoping he might take the stand. Has anyone heard if he for sure will not be testifying?
Taking the stand would be absolutely stupid in every possible way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteCamo