OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new day will Deering allow the defense to play the recordings for the jury ?
Who will take the witness stand today and will they opt in or out ?
I won’t be able to watch this morning , will try to check here for updates . I have to take our fur baby to the vet to get staples out this morning .

James Pilcher
@jamespilcher
Good morning from Pike Co. murder trial of George Wagner IV - Day 24 of testimony. First we hear if defense can play entire phone recordings from wiretaps as part of cross-examination. If not, then BCI will continue testifying about wiretaps and info found on laptop.

Deering ruling from the bench on this issue on recording - saying Evidence Rule 106 does allow other parts of a recording. Adverse party (defense) has burden to show the new portion is admissable AND relevant. Cites the current Singh murder case in Butler County.

But he says the portions defense wants to introduced are not relevant to the parts the prosecution played. And that the prosecution did not take the excerpts out of context.

Also said some of those excerpts would be hearsay and introduce the defendant's testimony without him taking the stand. So he rules against defense and will not allow the playing of the full recordings.

Eveslage back on stand now. Defense will ask to play the full thing in open court and will be objected - and will be sustained so he can't play it.

While jury on break, judge and attorneys discussing the playing of tapes again.
@jamespilcher
·
1m

Judge Deering asks that prosecution go over the wiretap portions with defense beforehand - so we don't have what happened yesterday so that the judge doesn't have to listen to hours of tape and delay trial and jury any more.
@local12

Here's one thing that caught my attention today: Angela answering Billy's phone and using Jake's phone to call her mother.

How many of you answer your SO's cell phone? Or know the pass code to it - or your adult child's phone? How many of you pick up another family member's cell phone and use it to make phone calls?

We aren't secretive in our house but we are respectful. We don't touch other's phones, don't share passwords to e-mail. I don't get into his wallet and he doesn't go in my purse. It's not a rule or anything. In 30+ years, I'm not sure we've ever even talked about it. We just don't.

I wonder if anyone on the jury caught that?
Mrs dgfred... you are supposed to be working. Not sleuthing on WS. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member