OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that should be interesting. She can be fiery as a witness. When she was being tried on forgery charges, etc. she was very hostile towards the prosecution. She had some odd story about there being an unidentified man in a blue uniform who was present in the Grand Jury hearing room when she testified. Probably some BS that AW had told her. She later changed her mind and took a plea deal. At that hearing she was very contrite, sad. I think AW had lied so much to her, as she did to Chris Newcomb, that Rita was fully convinced that the 4 Wagners hadn't killed the Rhodens and were being treated badly.

AW looked down on her own family after she married a Wagner. She took advantage of them, used them and almost got her mother sent to prison. Kind of a contrast to Billy's mother, is still trying to get her criminal son and grandson out of jail.

Who remembers the 3 way phone call at RWs house between AW, RN and JW? after they were arrested?
And who remembers who set up that 3 way call?

2018 December 8:

Chris puts on the speaker phone and allows Angela and Jake to have a conversation.

*** From The Court Hearing in regards to the Motion to Revoke Rita's Bail ***

Angela called her mom's phone, Jake called Chris Newcomb's phone, and so Rita and Jake and Angela were all able to talk at the same time from Rita's mom's house. This is where Rita did her house arrest.

It's at the end of Rita's Revocation Hearing Part One.
One hour and 16 minutes in...

ANGIE AND RITA'S PHONE CONVERSATIONS

November 20 - January 20 the phone calls between Rita and Angela are all about how they can't talk to each other.

First call November 20:

Randa, Chris Newcome's girlfriend,
answers Angela's phone call and tells her, yes, Rita is home. Angela says she " wants to talk to Rita and tell her hi real quick" but Randa says that "Rita is not allowed to talk to her."

Randa then hands the phone over to Granny Beesler (Rita's mom) Rita shouts in the background "we are trying to get her to talk!" Angela says " absolutely not! Do not talk to Granny Beesler! "
(I have no idea why she said this, must be in regards to something that happened previously? Or Angela is mad that Randa won't put Rita on the phone?)

November 28:

Rita hands phone off to Granny and Granny asks Angela if she wants to talk to Rita, Angela says "no I'm not allowed, we can't talk about the case. "

December 8:

Chris puts on the speaker phone and allows Angela and Jake to have a conversation.

December 28:

Angela says "the only people I'm not allowed to talk to is Billy, George, Jake, Rita and Freddie."

2019 January 10:

Rita gets back from her pre-trial and Angie calls and Rita tells her that "in Court today she was told she couldn't talk to anybody"

January 18:

Granny and Angela are on the phone together and Granny tells Angela that Rita wants to get on the phone with her and tell her she loves her. Angela says "she's not allowed to do that."
Angela then asks granny how "Billy is doing" and says "she knows she can't pass messages to him and Jake and George but they can't begrudge her wanting to know how everyone's doing."
Angela tells Granny that Rita "sent her a letter" and that "she knows they aren't allowed to write each other or talk about the case. "

January 19:

Angela says "she received a written Court Summary telling her she's not allowed to talk to them. "

June - July
There are 11 phone calls where they start talking more:

Angie and Rita use/take advantage of Granny by putting her in the middle, now every time Angela calls she asks Granny to put Rita on the phone or Rita tells Granny to give her the phone.

June or July
Rita says "I know I'm not suppose to talk about this on here but," she then asks " where are the Custody Documents located? " Angela answers Rita that "there is a plastic tub with the words important stuff written on it and inside are the Custody Documents. "

Angela talks about the "date at the bottom of the document--April 2016--that this is when the documents were printed out" and she says she "copied it over and there are things her attorney is looking for." Rita tells her attorney about the tub of Custody Documents and her attorney wants them and files a Discovery Motion and brings up this subject in Court.

June or July:
Rita and Angela discuss the Case and Angela gives Rita certain "buzz words to use if Rita takes the stand to testify."Angela says "she thinks that will work to explain the Custody Documents."
Rita says she "hopes she doesn't go to jail, that she needs to get off the phone, she doesn't want to get into trouble for talking."

June or July:
Angela says "let me tell you what my attorney said, I'm probably not suppose to say this on here but here's what he said to me." Angela goes on to tell Rita the "theories her attorney has for the case that she can use in her trial. "

June or July:
Angie discusses "case strategy, what to say in court and what not to say." And she discusses with Rita "whether or not they should testify at their trials. "

Angie makes it very clear to Rita that Rita does not have to testify against them. Basically telling her not to testify against them.

Here are some of the dates of phone calls listed in Rita's Discovery:

June 11, 14, 17, 22, 27
July 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 13, 21

Last edited:
I wonder if jury is weary of testimony about crazy JW and crazy AW?
Apologies, I don’t understand your question/statement.
I think the jury will be waiting to hear from them, how they will view them having heard all this will be the crux of the case, as they and they alone can place GW at the scene, the state can bring in experts to show the shoes were brought by AW, and left a print in blood at scene JW has to put those shoes on GW feet at the crime scene, (not figuratively put the shoes on GW, from CN testimony GW was often dirty and JW was OCD so I doubt he wanted to touch GW feet)

AC and the state have thrown AW under the bus, we have all heard the testimony about her personality, JW has been somewhat protected by state, as evidenced by them not playing the audio of his interview, and the jury like many will think JW was a bit weird, liked to be at home, and was a bit of a mummy's boy, but he hasn't been described as negatively as AW

as I have previously posted I am seething that we will not get to see either, I have hope that they will record them both and once trials are all over, we may get to see it
Advance apologies as I have missed much. Is it already confirmed AW & JW have opted out of video/audio?

I've been thinking alot about the gun wish list. Jake and George were both in what their early to mid 20's when the list was supposedly made. IMO-a wish list is something children let's say under the age of 10 would make for their birthday or Santa at Christmas. However, an adult would make an inventory list of collectibles or valuables that they already have. At least I have done that in the past myself. Again just all IMO.
Especially when your family has the worst luck with houses burning down. Might be extremely helpful to have that list for insurance reasons and claiming that $$

I meant BW he never lived with them at Peterson Rd or hardly at Bethel rd. according to testimony, and from the texts between him and AW he wasn't going home till his sons were gone as he couldn't stand them, one of the reasons why AW kept her boys close could have been to keep BW away,

that one interview we heard of BW was enough for me to feel sorry for AW and her sons having to live with him, and I also doubt BW liked to live under AW thumb, so it suited them both for BW to live at his mother's palce

Ok, gotcha. Sorry. Yeah, I think Billy liked being back home where it wasn't so crowded.

Apologies, I don’t understand your question/statement.

Advance apologies as I have missed much. Is it already confirmed AW & JW have opted out of video/audio?
yes, from almost the first day of trial I think the media attending the trial learned it, I also think it benefits the state as they have to try BW yet and how AW and JW hold up on cross, or what questions they are asked - they may wish to not let BW attorneys see AW and JW testify unless they attend court,

we will learn some of what they say via the media but not all of it

yes, from almost the first day of trial I think the media attending the trial learned it, I also think it benefits the state as they have to try BW yet and how AW and JW hold up on cross, or what questions they are asked - they may wish to not let BW attorneys see AW and JW testify unless they attend court,

we will learn some of what they say via the media but not all of it
Well that’s disappointing. Thank you for responding.

2018 December 8:

*** From The Court Hearing in regards to the Motion to Revoke Rita's Bail ***

Angela called her mom's phone, Jake called Chris Newcomb's phone, and so Rita and Jake and Angela were all able to talk at the same time from Rita's mom's house. This is where Rita did her house arrest.

It's at the end of Rita's Revocation Hearing Part One.
One hour and 16 minutes in...

ANGIE AND RITA'S PHONE CONVERSATIONS

November 20 - January 20 the phone calls between Rita and Angela are all about how they can't talk to each other.

First call November 20:

Randa, Chris Newcome's girlfriend,
answers Angela's phone call and tells her, yes, Rita is home. Angela says she " wants to talk to Rita and tell her hi real quick" but Randa says that "Rita is not allowed to talk to her."

Randa then hands the phone over to Granny Beesler (Rita's mom) Rita shouts in the background "we are trying to get her to talk!" Angela says " absolutely not! Do not talk to Granny Beesler! "
(I have no idea why she said this, must be in regards to something that happened previously? Or Angela is mad that Randa won't put Rita on the phone?)

November 28:

Rita hands phone off to Granny and Granny asks Angela if she wants to talk to Rita, Angela says "no I'm not allowed, we can't talk about the case. "

December 8:

December 28:

Angela says "the only people I'm not allowed to talk to is Billy, George, Jake, Rita and Freddie."

2019 January 10:

Rita gets back from her pre-trial and Angie calls and Rita tells her that "in Court today she was told she couldn't talk to anybody"

January 18:

Granny and Angela are on the phone together and Granny tells Angela that Rita wants to get on the phone with her and tell her she loves her. Angela says "she's not allowed to do that."
Angela then asks granny how "Billy is doing" and says "she knows she can't pass messages to him and Jake and George but they can't begrudge her wanting to know how everyone's doing."
Angela tells Granny that Rita "sent her a letter" and that "she knows they aren't allowed to write each other or talk about the case. "

January 19:

Angela says "she received a written Court Summary telling her she's not allowed to talk to them. "

June - July
There are 11 phone calls where they start talking more:

Angie and Rita use/take advantage of Granny by putting her in the middle, now every time Angela calls she asks Granny to put Rita on the phone or Rita tells Granny to give her the phone.

June or July
Rita says "I know I'm not suppose to talk about this on here but," she then asks " where are the Custody Documents located? " Angela answers Rita that "there is a plastic tub with the words important stuff written on it and inside are the Custody Documents. "

Angela talks about the "date at the bottom of the document--April 2016--that this is when the documents were printed out" and she says she "copied it over and there are things her attorney is looking for." Rita tells her attorney about the tub of Custody Documents and her attorney wants them and files a Discovery Motion and brings up this subject in Court.

June or July:
Rita and Angela discuss the Case and Angela gives Rita certain "buzz words to use if Rita takes the stand to testify."Angela says "she thinks that will work to explain the Custody Documents."
Rita says she "hopes she doesn't go to jail, that she needs to get off the phone, she doesn't want to get into trouble for talking."

June or July:
Angela says "let me tell you what my attorney said, I'm probably not suppose to say this on here but here's what he said to me." Angela goes on to tell Rita the "theories her attorney has for the case that she can use in her trial. "

June or July:
Angie discusses "case strategy, what to say in court and what not to say." And she discusses with Rita "whether or not they should testify at their trials. "

Angie makes it very clear to Rita that Rita does not have to testify against them. Basically telling her not to testify against them.

Here are some of the dates of phone calls listed in Rita's Discovery:

June 11, 14, 17, 22, 27
July 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 13, 21

it was an astonishing day when the info first started to drop about the calls! You are a star posting this info as I'm sure a few on this thread may not have been aware of what had gone on before.
I now ask myself how genuine CN is.

it was an astonishing day when the info first started to drop about the calls! You are a star posting this info as I'm sure a few on this thread may not have been aware of what had gone on before.
I now ask myself how genuine CN is.
I was surprised when AC didn't play any of the jail house calls, or at least got into evidence how AW and RN disobeyed a court order,

Jmo but Chris knowing about the fires, knowing how crooked Angela was, not wanting his girlfriend to meet his sister because how she was, knowing about all the guns they had, knowing how controlling Angela was, knowing how Jake and Angela relationship was, going to their home on Peterson, knowing all he knew about the Wagner’s, knowing his mom confessed to the court after Angela asked her to lie, knowing this could have got his mom sent away, and yet he still believed them and was defending them all the way until confession, Sounds to me Jake and Angela really good liars,makes me wonder if George also didn’t know until after murders. Jmo or least some people are so close to something they can’t see what is in front of their face. Jmo

Conflicting info.

Twitter @pattinewberry

Midday, Day 22, #PikeCountyMassacre trial of #GeorgeWagnerIV, with Angela Wagner's mother, Rita Newcomb, up to testify this afternoon.
She has "opted out" -- which means media cannot capture images/audio. Journalists will need to be in the courtroom to report her testimony. 1/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member