OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who remembers the 3 way phone call at RWs house between AW, RN and JW? after they were arrested?
And who remembers who set up that 3 way call?
there are loads of things that have been reported that never made it into trial, the state hasn't entered any of the prison conversations, I think it would have helped their case if they had entered JW or AW call from jail post their guilty pleas, I don't know what the laws in Ohio are though surrounding using calls from prison

IMHO-It is possibe that it could be FW or RN (George's grandmas). IMHO-the remote testifying is going to be Jake's exwife.
On a side note, I didn't know too much about her until recently. I didn't realize that she came back to Ohio with them. For some reason I thought she stayed in Alaska.
The brief mention of JW's ex in yesterday's testimony by Chris Newcomb was the first I heard that she came to Ohio with Wagner family.

Last edited:
Angela setting her own mother up - ASKING her mother to take the fall — tells us every single thing we ever needed to know about her.

I’m still on the fence about whether I think she was at any of the crime scenes. On one hand, it’s obvious she was obsessed with the grandchildren’s safety & well being, so I can see her keeping them at home. On the other hand, it’s also obvious she’s capable of manipulation, lying and just plain pure evil. Tough call.
I don't think she was with them. She had to think, had to justify with her topsy-turvy logic, that she didn't commit murder. I think in her mind she wasn't guilty of cold-blooded murder since she wasn'tt there. She really deserves to be in jail until her last day, 30 years is not enough penalty for what she's done. AJMO

IMHO-It is possibe that it could be FW or RN (George's grandmas). IMHO-the remote testifying is going to be Jake's exwife.
On a side note, I didn't know too much about her until recently. I didn't realize that she came back to Ohio with them. For some reason I thought she stayed in Alaska.
I would have thought Beth would be a state witness so they would need her remote testimony, to me the state would want her testimony as she lived with Wagners in Alaska and came back to Ohio with them, so she will have contemporaneous information about the family

there are loads of things that have been reported that never made it into trial, the state hasn't entered any of the prison conversations, I think it would have helped their case if they had entered JW or AW call from jail post their guilty pleas, I don't know what the laws in Ohio are though surrounding using calls from prison
we might still see those introduced. It seems they are now working in a little of the time after the arrest. Maybe we will hear something this afternoon?

we might still see those introduced. It seems they are now working in a little of the time after the arrest. Maybe we will hear something this afternoon?
they would have to enter the calls in when CN testified as he has to identify that was his voice on the recording, and the same goes for Randa,

I don't think she was with them. She had to think, had to justify with her topsy-turvy logic, that she didn't commit murder. I think in her mind she wasn't guilty of cold-blooded murder since she wasn'tt there. She really deserves to be in jail until her last day, 30 years is not enough penalty for what she's done. AJMO
I don't think she was there either. What if she got shot? Her goal and focus wasn't killing everyone, it was having the grandkids. She ensured that the grandkids went to her if something happened to the boys. I think she was home with them and maybe didn't even care if someone got hurt or killed because she would still have what she wanted.

If she was there, I think she stayed in the car and directed them what to do. If she was there then the kids would have been as well because I don't see her leaving them with anyone.

Angenette Levy reporting today. Randa, wife of Chris Newcomb, brother of Angela Wagner

Randa says after the arrests, Jake, George and Angela told her they wanted her to try to get custody of Sophia and Bulvine. After Jake confessed, they stopped that effort. She said they realized Tabi wasn't who they were told she was.

Randa says Chris didn't want her to meet his sister, Angela. They had been dating a while before she met her. She'd been to Peterson Rd. b/c Chris helped them build a barn and a fence.

Judge Deering said he has denied the defense request for grand jury transcripts of Rita Newcomb and Fredericka Wagner. He agreed with the state that they are not co-defendants so they shouldn't get the transcripts.

Also, here's a report from Angenette last night regarding communications testimony yesterday about Billy Wagner's phone and where it was located the night of the murders. Hint: His phone was at Peterson Rd

I find it odd that GWIV never looks at the personal witnesses called to testify. He looks at the BCI people and such but whenever there's a person from his life he never even glances at them. Anyone else find that odd? Just an observation. I winder if the jurors have noticed
Yet his demeanor does change. With some witnesses (or testimony) he softens, doesn’t look angry as he did in the first few days when LE was in the stand. It’s almost like he’s reflecting on the relationship or shameful. We tend to think of the W4’s as monsters but he is human. I liken the subtle changes in his demeanor (depending on witness) to the emotional and almost physical pain of disappointing someone I love. Like my dad. The real punishment was his disappointment, I couldn’t stand knowing he was disappointed in me.

I’ve missed a lot of the testimony but the witnesses I have seen seem to indicate he was the only likeable one in the bunch so I suspect he does have feelings about these people testifying against him.

Possible, but the fact that no reporters are tweeting today makes me wonder. Usually they know who is scheduled to testify next.

AC has well and truly chucked AW under the bus, she keeps eliciting testimony from witnesses about how horrible she was, nobody has said a nice word about her, yet she is the states witness, and alongside JW the jury are going to be asked to accept what those two tell them, if I was on the jury I woud have to check the sky was blue if AW told me it was,

AC and the rest of state Attys are trying to protect JW as they need the jury to believe him, but seems they aren't so protect5ive of AW,

Back in session. They're bringing back Bryan White, used to be a BCI agent (now Lt. with Madison Co, OH sheriff's dept)
He processed a lot of the crime scenes, also did some searches at Peterson Rd

Talking about doing a more in depth searches around the barn and outbuildings on Peterson Rd. In June, new owner was cooperative with the investigation. Allowed them to search again on June 14, 2017 search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro