OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:

Was it ever stated if the pit bulls had collars on?
I’m inclined to think someone had to stay outside & secure the dogs. Not that a person needing to do so could not have brought lead ropes or something. Giving an aggressive dog a “treat” to appease him lasts only as long as it takes to devour the treat. Unless.......big stretch, a treat contained a mild sedative.
Also, the dogs likely knew one or two of the W’s better than the other two.

I've never heard of any previous relationships for him. Probably not. He doesn't seem like he has any real experience at life. Kinda hard to, I'd imagine, in that family. I think they tried to do to HR what they did to GW4s exwife. I think she may have had a poor support system and thought she couldn't fight the Ws. Maybe she knew how dangerous it would be for her personally if she refused to give up custody. I wonder if her son is with her now? I hope he is at least spending some time with her.
Don’t know if it’s true but the last article I heard about the boy said he is in state custody.

Do we know of any previous relationship JW had?
I’ve not heard of any.
Again, I think “puppy love”. I think she may have been his first gf & he was head over heels. But, we all know, it’s not love & does not last. IMO, both were too young for such an “adult” type relationship.
Since he didn’t attend school, he probably didn’t have access to as may girls as a male student would. IMO

I agree. It wouldn't surprise me if she was his one and only love. That knot in his stomach and throat probably never went away and only grew when she started dating others. I imagine he was controlling and possessive of her. If I can't have you no one can. JMO

I can agree with that. I have two boys of my own, and more coming. I just think JW wanted an easily controlled girl to make his wife and have babies with. He thought he had that with HR. I think she got sick of his ways and wanted out. Not necessarily to be with anyone else, just to be free of them.

He may have felt compelled to follow G4s footsteps. I’m sure he looked up to his big bro.

Was HR 12 or 13 when she first dated JW? Or neither? Sorry. I just found some new reports (new to me) & o e quoted JW as dating her more than three years bf S was born.

The more I think about the ‘video recording device’, the more I believe such a device was implanted inside at least one residence. I vaguely recall DeWine mentioning the W’s “studied layouts” of the homes.
I don’t have an available link, but Iirc, he used “studied layouts”.

I’ll bet it was Dana’s home. Although used it was new to her and the Waggies hadn’t been in it. And that’s where Hanna and baby were staying.

He may have felt compelled to follow G4s footsteps. I’m sure he looked up to his big bro.

Was HR 12 or 13 when she first dated JW? Or neither? Sorry. I just found some new reports (new to me) & o e quoted JW as dating her more than three years bf S was born.

I think I read that she was 13. Of course, that came from the Ws. JW also said they planned the birth of SW. I believe nothing any of them say. Too many things they say can only be disputed by the victims who no longer have a voice.

I’ll bet it was Dana’s home. Although used it was new to her and the Waggies hadn’t been in it. And that’s where Hanna and baby were staying.
I think DRs new home was were JW supposedly set up the crib for KR. Pretty sure I read that. He may have offered just to get a view of how it was set up or maybe to place a way to monitor the things in the home. We don't know if he was ever invited in when picking up or dropping of SW.

I gotta check date the VRD was purchased. ETA: purchased a month before the murders. And, he could have had more, purchased earlier. Idk, just a guess. Idk if he was in Ds place a month before the murders. Possibly when he visited or picked S up. Idk.

Last edited:
I think I read that she was 13. Of course, that came from the Ws. JW also said they planned the birth of SW. I believe nothing any of them say. Too many things they say can only be disputed by the victims who no longer have a voice.

If I don’t fall asleep from over eating, I’ll pull the article up. I guess 13. No, I don’t think they “planned” a baby. I think he might like to think that exonerates him from the sex charges. But it does not. What a dumb butt he is. Tysm for this!
ETA: again I’m getting pop ups to purchase articles, lol. But we’ve seen them a thousand times, if not more.

Last edited:

Do you mean the Wags had been in Ds new home?

We can only hope the case is airtight. If not, I do believe LE wouldn’t have been given the “go ahead” to arrest.

Unlike some of you, I feel the motive ( once revealed) is something much deeper than custody of S. I think every quote by authorities mentions CUSTODY PLAYED A ROLE or is PART of the motive. I think the main motive was withheld during the investigative stage to avoid tipping anyone off. I also think it’s not yet revealed because there’s no reason for the public to know, at this time. I’m not saying another arrest is imminent or the investigation is open. However, LE needn’t advise the public of what’s going on.

If a pizza delivery driver is robbed of his cash as well as his pizza, the motive
might be “the suspect is homeless & we believe his hunger played a role in the crime”. As discovery is released, we also learn the suspect robbed the driver of his cash. Bad analogy, I know.
I agree that the full motive has not yet been revealed.
I also think that JW's count 23 and RN & FW indictments are not as obvious as they appear. Though they seem simple on the surface, I think they go a long way in terms of trying to prove others were involved with less than honest intentions..
I don't know how to reply to my own post after the fact, but here it is, it speaks/tries to prove to character

Last edited:
I agree that the full motive has not yet been revealed.
I also think that JW's count 23 and RN & FW indictments are not as obvious as they appear. Though they seem simple on the surface, I think they go a long way in terms of trying to prove others were involved with less than honest intentions..

You mean you believe more arrests will come?

You mean you believe more arrests will come?
Directly related to this murder case, no.
But, I do believe LE inadvertently uncovered substantial evidence of other crimes(related or unrelated) during the execution of copious search warrants and interviews.
Sadly it appears there is an undisputed drug presence/problem in the area, as well as a troubling number of unsolved murders.
Just thinking out loud, my opinion only.

Last edited:
CHARLIE49 I am beginning to see a dichotomy in the alliances of the W4. In their marriage AW is the manipulator and GWIII the muscle. In the brother's relationship, Jake W is the manipulator and GWIV is the muscle. I can see if AW and JakeW decided to do something, it would be easy to manipulate their "supportive but stupid musclemen" into being their accomplices. I think LE figured that part out and why more initial interviews with AW & JW than the others. In my Opinion, of course. Interestingly, AW asked for "day wear" and "no shackles"....and now JW has asked for exactly the same thing. Once is an accident, two is a coincidence, but three is a pattern.[/QUOTE

JW's lawyer filed a motion at his first hearing (which he was the first of the 4 to have a hearing) for day wear and no restrains, then AW's lawyer filed the motion after her first hearing. I figure the other two will file that sometime soon. Most court cases you do see the defendant in regular clothes.

Directly related to this murder case, no.
But, I do believe LE inadvertently uncovered substantial evidence of other crimes(related or related) during the execution of copious search warrants and interviews.
Sadly it appears there is an undisputed drug presence/problem in the area, as well as a troubling number of unsolved murders.
Just thinking out loud, my opinion only.

And everyone’s wondering if the Waggies were involved in a couple of other murders close enough and in the State of Kentucky. the State borders of Ohio and Kentucky. If so that can be charged after these trials are finished to insure incarceration if the Rhoden murder conviction was ever tossed out on appeal.

And everyone’s wondering if the Waggies were involved in a couple of other murders close enough and in the State of Kentucky. the State borders of Ohio and Kentucky. If so that can be charged after these trials are finished to insure incarceration if the Rhoden murder conviction was ever tossed out on appeal.
Just FYI, I added a "ps" to the quoted post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member