OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Directly related to this murder case, no.
But, I do believe LE inadvertently uncovered substantial evidence of other crimes(related or unrelated) during the execution of copious search warrants and interviews.
Sadly it appears there is an undisputed drug presence/problem in the area, as well as a troubling number of unsolved murders.
Just thinking out loud, my opinion only.

Yes, drugs are rampant. But, kind of a nation wide issue. I believe at the KY/WV border is currently the worst. Or was. I guess it can change based on deaths/ODs.

And everyone’s wondering if the Waggies were involved in a couple of other murders close enough and in the State of Kentucky. the State borders of Ohio and Kentucky. If so that can be charged after these trials are finished to insure incarceration if the Rhoden murder conviction was ever tossed out on appeal.

I’ve seen nothing to substantiate those rumors. It seems natural for people to draw conclusions, after an arrest is made. So, I’m gonna keep an open mind.

Directly related to this murder case, no.
But, I do believe LE inadvertently uncovered substantial evidence of other crimes(related or unrelated) during the execution of copious search warrants and interviews.
Sadly it appears there is an undisputed drug presence/problem in the area, as well as a troubling number of unsolved murders.
Just thinking out loud, my opinion only.

We certainly have a long road ahead as we await answers. Unless they (the 4) decide to plead.
I think not long ago DeWine said something like: there’s a lot more info it it needs to be withheld for trial. Or something similar.

I agree that the full motive has not yet been revealed.
I also think that JW's count 23 and RN & FW indictments are not as obvious as they appear. Though they seem simple on the surface, I think they go a long way in terms of trying to prove others were involved with less than honest intentions..
I don't know how to reply to my own post after the fact, but here it is, it speaks/tries to prove to character

The bizarre factor referred to by DeWine has to be something quite unusual. Murder as a result of child custody is very common. Murdering 8 over custody/control is NOT common.

Last edited:
The more I think about the ‘video recording device’, the more I believe such a device was implanted inside at least one residence. I vaguely recall DeWine mentioning the W’s “studied layouts” of the homes.
I don’t have an available link, but Iirc, he used “studied layouts”.

With mobile homes all you need to know is the year and model and you can find a floor plan on line. Rsd made one of Dr's house with the addition sometime back. Took a floor plan from on line and the drawing from the Recorder's Office web page.

With mobile homes all you need to know is the year and model and you can find a floor plan on line. Rsd made one of Dr's house with the addition sometime back. Took a floor plan from on line and the drawing from the Recorder's Office web page.

I know. And I’ve often thought it’s not necessary for anyone’s floor plan to be available. Especially provided by a govt agency.

This article has staggering stats.

Open Cases: Why One-Third Of Murders In America Go Unresolved

Had JW went the appropriate route in his quest for custody, I think he had a 50% shot of winning.
One day, he might wish he had.
More & more we see the father awarded custody.
Having said this, I’m not implying HR was not an adequate mother.
I smh as I think what AW thinks her family could afford the child that the Rs could not.
We all know custody petitions are frequently built on lies by the parent seeking custody, in an attempt to discredit the current custodial parent.
It’ll be interesting to learn if AW had a dossier started.

This website has changed since I was last here, hope I got the quote right.

edit: RAISINISBACK said: Would anyone in the surrounding areas be able to pick up conversation from a walkie talkie on a CB or HAM radio?

Yes, very easy using a radio of the same band. It's also very easy to pick up many wireless communications with a programmable scanner, from FRS bands (walkie talkies) to a cordless landline phone, even cell phones and baby monitors. I refuse to have a cordless landline in my home for that reason. It's no secret that IP security cameras can be hacked too.

Interesting that a camera was purchased a month before the murders (according to a post a couple pages back). I know the indictment said one was purchased and later destroyed by JW. The new home had been occupied about a month as well.

Were monitoring devices also installed at DR's previous home? The new home required a new camera?

This website has changed since I was last here, hope I got the quote right.

edit: RAISINISBACK said: Would anyone in the surrounding areas be able to pick up conversation from a walkie talkie on a CB or HAM radio?

Yes, very easy using a radio of the same band. It's also very easy to pick up many wireless communications with a programmable scanner, from FRS bands (walkie talkies) to a cordless landline phone, even cell phones and baby monitors. I refuse to have a cordless landline in my home for that reason. It's no secret that IP security cameras can be hacked too.

Interesting that a camera was purchased a month before the murders (according to a post a couple pages back). I know the indictment said one was purchased and later destroyed by JW. The new home had been occupied about a month as well.

Were monitoring devices also installed at DR's previous home? The new home required a new camera?

We don’t know if any devices were actually inside anyone’s home. Only speculation.
Thanks for sharing your radio knowledge.
I’m considering how LE might know JW destroyed the device. Probably they have a receipt & asked for the device, he told them he had trashed it for whatever reason. LE must have supporting documentation.

I'll re-phrase the question...

Were cameras also installed at DR's previous home?

I'm speaking from experience on the radio/wireless, both good and bad experiences. It's amazing what lengths some people will go to.

There's a cell tower in close proximity on UHR as well. If technology hasn't advanced, that might be a vulnerable point.

I'll re-phrase the question...

Were cameras also installed at DR's previous home?

Who knows? Nothing has been released stating video recording devices were found in any home. If ever they had been there, I’d think the murderers would have taken them. Otherwise, they would have been arrested much sooner, IMO.

I restated so as to imply inside or out.

Where else would cameras be useful? Surely not somewhere on the side of the roads.

Am I breaking some rule I've forgotten about?

Apparently LE believes JW purchased one and later destroyed it. Very early, LE said they had video, then they asked for more at that time, and said they received that also.

JW probably knew the dogs best, he also lived on a farm where there are plenty of breeding dogs. One female dog in heat can distract a whole pack of males.

Last edited:
I restated so as to imply inside or out.

Where else would cameras be useful? Surely not somewhere on the side of the roads.

Am I breaking some rule I've forgotten about?

Apparently LE believes JW purchased one and later destroyed it. Very early, LE said they had video, then they asked for more at that time, and said they received that also.

JW probably knew the dogs best, he also lived on a farm where there are plenty of breeding dogs. One female dog in heat can distract a whole pack of males.

I didn’t notice your post mentioning outside. I’m unable to find documentation as to location of any devices possibly planted at the Rs. The only thing I find is early reports of cameras that belonged to the Rs being destroyed.

Is it remotely possible that a Wag helped install cameras for the Wags & fine tuned said devices to their liking? Just a thought. I have no knowledge of thevRs skills as far as tech. But, it appears someone in the Wag family is quite sophisticated.

Gonna ask again: anyone know if the pit bulls at the Rs had collars on?

Which Wag do you think knew the dogs the best?

Tysm

Merry Merry Xmas!

I don't know if they had collars on. I think the dogs were likely very accustomed to all of the Ws. Possible exception would be GW4.Probably most familiar with JW. I think they snuck around the property many, many times while planning the murder. They could easily get a dog that was already familiar with them to expect a treat when they came to sneak around. They dogs were probably only vicious to strangers.

I can think of no other reason to include, in an indictment, the act of purchasing/destroying a camera.

I always ask myself a question before I post... Is this post necessary?

Re-reading my posts, and I hadn't stated "inside", so I didn't need to re-state the question.

Last edited:
I don't know if they had collars on. I think the dogs were likely very accustomed to all of the Ws. Possible exception would be GW4.Probably most familiar with JW. I think they snuck around the property many, many times while planning the murder. They could easily get a dog that was already familiar with them to expect a treat when they came to sneak around. They dogs were probably only vicious to strangers.

Good theory. Oh, how I wish those dogs would have ripped one of them a new butt!
The Wags have been around dogs so they likely have no fear.
In my own experience, if 3-4 friends show up,at my house, my dogs would greet them in the drive. If one person offered treats & the others entered my home, my dogs would hastily eat & race to the door to see what they’re missing. The treat donor would need to restrain them if he had reason.
If the dogs were inside when the W’s allegedly arrived, I assume they barked. When LE reported victims were sleeping, I took that to mean they were in bed. Surely, someone heard something. IMO.

Last edited:
The bizarre factor referred to by DeWine has to be something quite unusual. Murder as a result of child custody is very common. Murdering 8 over custody/control is NOT common.

I think it's bizarre because the Ws just don't think like normal humans. There may be a combo of reasons, but I think getting SW was huge. They are bizarre! The whole lot of them. Wagner Cult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez