OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the holiday season wrapping up, maybe we’ll get some info in the new year. January, at least, brings a few court appearances. I expect court appearances will amp up & one of the 4 will be in court weekly by spring. Ohio must be more than eager to get this wrapped up.

If GW4 and his wife split up not long before HR and JW did, wonder what the chances are that she saw exactly how the Ws were doing G4s ex-wife and she was terrified? Maybe she was in or around conversations were the Ws talked about what they would do to get custody of the boy. Might have been what opened her eyes to their true colors. JMO

Makes me wonder if some parental input from DR influenced her, too. Being HR was very young, I can imagine the relationship with JW was laced with drama.

So thankful I kept my daughter engaged in activities & kept her education at the forefront.

Every teen relationship I’ve been privy too takes a turn once sexual activity began. That seems to fuel the absurd jealousy level in the male party.

I agree. Painful to write this but had HR been the only victim, I see no reason for the state to refuse JW full custody. Did they, in their warped thinking, believe the entire family had to be killed, lest they seek custody? IMO, few of the slain men would want custody of a toddler.

I think he'd have gotten custody too. If she'd passed of natural causes, he'd have gotten S., I do believe. KR had no suitable place to take a toddler. FR and HHG had one child, and another part time, and no extra bedroom. GR nor CR2 would be considered. CR1 and DR were grandparents, but if a father has no history with the law, and could provide a safe environment, then he'd win out over grandparents.

JW'd have had no problem getting, at the very least, joint custody. I keep wondering if this was mostly the boys plotting, and it was an elaborate plot to make it appear that it was a drug deal gone bad, that way, whatever the Rs/HMR knew about the Ws, would never come out. Just one theory that keeps rising to the top.

With the holiday season wrapping up, maybe we’ll get some info in the new year. January, at least, brings a few court appearances. I expect court appearances will amp up & one of the 4 will be in court weekly by spring. Ohio must be more than eager to get this wrapped up.

Yes all of them in January.
AW 1/7
GW4 1/9
FW 7 RN 1/10
GW3 1/17
JW 1/24

Something DeWine reportedly said is like this: when this goes to trial & the reason for this comes out everyone will be surprised.

Well, custody will surprise us none.

As huge animal lovers, could the bizarreness possibly be
over rumored cockfights & dog fights?

If it was cockfighting and dogfighting, they didn’t need to murder 8 people. They could have simply reported to to LE as both activities are illegal. IMO.

I am waiting to see what surprises us, as you pointed out, custody will not be s surprise.

He has repeated the phrase, “custody played a part” several times. Will be so interesting to hear what the other parts are.

I think he'd have gotten custody too. If she'd passed of natural causes, he'd have gotten S., I do believe. KR had no suitable place to take a toddler. FR and HHG had one child, and another part time, and no extra bedroom. GR nor CR2 would be considered. CR1 and DR were grandparents, but if a father has no history with the law, and could provide a safe environment, then he'd win out over grandparents.

JW'd have had no problem getting, at the very least, joint custody. I keep wondering if this was mostly the boys plotting, and it was an elaborate plot to make it appear that it was a drug deal gone bad, that way, whatever the Rs/HMR knew about the Ws, would never come out. Just one theory that keeps rising to the top.

I also wonder & think we discussed the possibility that the boys are the masterminds. It sounds like something straight from movies/video games, IMO. Even tho sophisticated/elaborate, it still seems juvenile, IMO
G4 as we know, vocalized his plan regarding the revenge plot. It has been stated he’s the most vocal, iirc.

If this was all over custody, it backfired. I don’t think JW will ever see S again. At least until such time she’s an adult and makes the decision a lot of kids must make......

I have a feeling that too many folks moved into the Peterson home and the girls left. HMR and JW seem to have broken up between late Aug/2014 and Nov/Dec 2014. Oddly enough, GW4 and his wife, filed for divorce in Nov 2014, and it was finalized 1/21/2015 (See Adams Cty Court Records). Whether that's when Mom & Dad moved into Peterson or not, Idk, but I still believe that something happened between the date in August when she was in love with her "best friend", and December, of 2014. Even if it was just that she got wheels, a license, and freedom.

Fwiw, HHG and FR, seem to have started seeing each other around Oct. 2014, and HHG's relationship status changed, to In A Relationship w/ FR, on Dec. 3, 2014. Her brother may have been hanging around a bit and become friends with FR, and he and HMR hit it off. Could have been just a rebound thing, after she and JW split. Four years is a long relationship.

If you'll note, both W boys were attracted to women who were polar opposites of their mother.

It would be very interesting to hear from GE4’s wife. It seems that she would have a great deal of insight into the dynamics of the W family.

If it was cockfighting and dogfighting, they didn’t need to murder 8 people. They could have simply reported to to LE as both activities are illegal. IMO.

I am waiting to see what surprises us, as you pointed out, custody will not be s surprise.

He has repeated the phrase, “custody played a part” several times. Will be so interesting to hear what the other parts are.

They didn’t need murder 8 for custody, either.
You have an idea as to the other part of the motive?
My brain is too exhausted to think. Plus, too many carbs.
Maybe there is no more. Idk. But DeWine referring to custody as PART or playing a ROLE leads me to think differently. Otherwise, why would he not affirmatively state custody as the motive.

Last edited:
S
It would be very interesting to hear from GE4’s wife. It seems that she would have a great deal of insight into the dynamics of the W family.

So glad boy B is not under the guidance of G4.
I think the entire W family adores S & treated her like a princess. I’m sure they loved boy B but I wonder if they wanted him to be “bad”, “tough” and that type personality.
We know where boys raised like that end up.

I always thought maybe one or more of the R men had helped the W’s make mufflers/silencers. The Rs had a lot of tools & equipment.
Horrible thought. But the Ws reportedly were in & out of the Rs.

Per the rumored jealousy AW had towards DR new trailer home. Was it ANGER rather than jealousy? Was it because DR other home had a device implanted allowing W’s to see/hear what was going on? If the device was disguised in a clock or a stuffed animal, they would bring it with them to the new trailer but may not place it in a satisfactory area.

I never grasped AW being jealous over a trailer home. I’m sure she could buy one, if she desired. I see them advertised, no money down, low monthly payments, etc.

Last edited:
I always thought maybe one or more of the R men had helped the W’s make mufflers/silencers. The Rs had a lot of tools & equipment.
Horrible thought. But the Ws reportedly were in & out of the Rs.

Per the rumored jealousy AW had towards DR new trailer home. Was it ANGER rather than jealousy? Was it because DR other home had a device implanted allowing W’s to see/hear what was going on? If the device was disguised in a clock or a stuffed animal, they would bring it with them to the new trailer but may not place it in a satisfactory area.

I never grasped AW being jealous over a trailer home. I’m sure she could buy one, if she desired. I see them advertised, no money down, low monthly payments, etc.

Agreed, I never understood why AW would be jealous over a trailer, not even new but a used trailer. If they had wanted to live in s used trailer I am sure FW would have bought one for them and set it on one of her pieces of land.

Took
Yes all of them in January.
AW 1/7
GW4 1/9
FW 7 RN 1/10
GW3 1/17
JW 1/24
Got a screenshot this time. Tysm

I’ll need to schedule my personal schedule accordingly. Lol

Last edited:
Agreed, I never understood why AW would be jealous over a trailer, not even new but a used trailer. If they had wanted to live in s used trailer I am sure FW would have bought one for them and set it on one of her pieces of land.

Idk if FW was liberal financially with the 4. JW had the for >supposed< legal fees. FW is a hard worker, she might be inclined to not “give”, rather expect the 4 to work.
I agree tho if they wanted a new triple wide (or whatever they are called) FW may have been willing to set one up on a parcel & rent it to them.
Had DR bought or built a multi million dollar crib with 10k sq ft, I could understand jealousy.
IMO, the P road house is much better than a trailer home.

This website has changed since I was last here, hope I got the quote right.

edit: RAISINISBACK said: Would anyone in the surrounding areas be able to pick up conversation from a walkie talkie on a CB or HAM radio?

Yes, very easy using a radio of the same band. It's also very easy to pick up many wireless communications with a programmable scanner, from FRS bands (walkie talkies) to a cordless landline phone, even cell phones and baby monitors. I refuse to have a cordless landline in my home for that reason. It's no secret that IP security cameras can be hacked too.

Interesting that a camera was purchased a month before the murders (according to a post a couple pages back). I know the indictment said one was purchased and later destroyed by JW. The new home had been occupied about a month as well.

Were monitoring devices also installed at DR's previous home? The new home required a new camera?
JW claimed he help set up the babies room or was that rumor? I could see him setting up some bugs while HMR was occupied doing something else

Anyone know during transfer for split custody or simple visitation, did HR & JW enter each other’s resident or wait in the drive? I assume if dropping S off they walked her to the door, at a minimum.
But specifically, I when JW picked S up, did he loaf on the sofa as HR got her & her things ready?

JW claimed he help set up the babies room or was that rumor? I could see him setting up some bugs while HMR was occupied doing something else

I recall. But is this true? Idk. If so, might his eagerness to help only been a disguise for ulterior motives. IMO, anyone heck bent on stalking someone can’t easily stop such behavior. If a recording device existed in the previous home & the family moves, that had to really irk someone, IMO.

BBM

I think this is a rumor not fact. I have never read anything in MSM about Angie being jealous of Dana about anything.

JMO

They didn’t need murder 8 for custody, either.
You have an idea as to the other part of the motive?
My brain is too exhausted to think. Plus, too many carbs.
Maybe there is no more. Idk. But DeWine referring to custody as PART or playing a ROLE leads me to think differently. Otherwise, why would he not affirmatively state custody as the motive.

I agree, I am sure there is more to it than just custody. Custody plays a role, or a part if the picture.

I have racked my brain trying to think of what the rest of picture might be.

While they didn’t need to kill 8 people for Jake to get custody, if only HR was killed it would have been suspicious since they had recently argued over custody.

I agree. Painful to write this but had HR been the only victim, I see no reason for the state to refuse JW full custody. Did they, in their warped thinking, believe the entire family had to be killed, lest they seek custody? IMO, few of the slain men would want custody of a toddler.

If HMR would have been the only victim, LE would have focused on all of her BFs past and present. JW would have gotten a lot of attention from the beginning. Until he was ruled out as a suspect, I doubt that JW would have been granted custody of S, especially if there was a contentious relationship between JW and HMR leading up to her murder.

Shortly prior to the murders there were FB comments by a kid RM concerning CR2 prior to the murders that cast suspicion his way. Then another incident with another kid IJ and his friends getting run off from UHR by the Rs. Then a demo derby feud with FR, road rage incident involving CR1 and DR, and the pot grows. All of these were directions that the investigation had to look at.

With that backdrop, I think that at least some of the murders were done to cast suspicion away from the true motives like say making it look like a cartel hit or RM doing what he said that he would like to do, or IJ’s trash talk turning to reality.

If the 5/13/2016 interview with JW was the first interview with him after the crimes, I would say that JW much less the bunch of them wasn’t even really on LE’s radar early on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member