OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I am sure there is more to it than just custody. Custody plays a role, or a part if the picture.

I have racked my brain trying to think of what the rest of picture might be.

While they didn’t need to kill 8 people for Jake to get custody, if only HR was killed it would have been suspicious since they had recently argued over custody.
They were dragged for a reason (GR & CRSR) probably to a safe (secondary motive)

Agreed, I never understood why AW would be jealous over a trailer, not even new but a used trailer. If they had wanted to live in s used trailer I am sure FW would have bought one for them and set it on one of her pieces of land.

And maybe FW wouldn't do that. Maybe that is cause for anger/jealousy?

I agree, I am sure there is more to it than just custody. Custody plays a role, or a part if the picture.

I have racked my brain trying to think of what the rest of picture might be.

While they didn’t need to kill 8 people for Jake to get custody, if only HR was killed it would have been suspicious since they had recently argued over custody.

Lol, I think we all have!

As we are cleaning up Xmas debris, a few of us chatted about this case. Our convo’ quickly turned to WHY custody/control is so important to the Ws. It seems to us their eagerness to have custody of children is far beyond normal. It’s as if they don’t even care if the kids are related or not, just give us custody, at least partial custody. Totally abnormal. I have nothing against children but never felt entitled to DEMAND partial custody of someone’s child. (this did not happen but JW reportedly planned to demand partial custody of HR newborn)
So....as we scrubbed pots & pans, we all unanimously agreed: MONEY. Some of you might recall, a few of us discussed trusts & other financial instruments, recently.

FWF, IMO, is locked up in a trust. I believe I checked once & established this to be the case & I will check again, later. Any family attorney would be most remiss if this is not true.

A trust can be written how the grantor chooses. Maybe revocable during his lifetime only to become irrevocable at his passing.

I have a good friend in KY (one of three adult kids) that recently inherited a 5k acre working farm. Other than residing on it, raising cattle, horses or........., there’s really nothing they can do. There’s a bit of dissension amongst the three as 2 have children, one does not. The two with children feel most empowered to make decisions, the one with the most children (5), always getting his way. His siblings concur because one day the next generation will be the heirs. Seven children, total in the next generation. So, it’s likely when the time comes, the 5 will stick together & the other two will agree, when decisions are required. All 7 of the next generation are in college or working. None have any interest in agriculture. Too bad. It shall remain in the family forever. There’s no way it can be divided/sold, no heir can buy another out, etc. One day it will be a tenant farm.

I am probably wrong but under the opinion the 4 might possibly not understand this type of financial instrument and believe “the more the merrier”. Perhaps they’ve heard the word “trust” tossed around or even “the farm stays in the family forever” & think it includes their entire household. They may not even consider a trustee is in place that will oversee financial aspects of the farm & non-profits. If this is the case, I think it might have been fairly easy to seduce RN to forge custody papers. Considering the death of George “Bob” recently, it’s not far fetched to think a relative or two might feel one step closer to the “jackpot”.

MOO

ETA: what if FWF is in an irrevocable (upon Fred’s passing) skip-generation trust. An ever so popular instrument for the wealthy. They often feel they gave their kids a good life & want their grandkids to enjoy the same perks, but are not sure they can trust their kids to do so.

If they felt HR might be enriched thru S, MOTIVE, IMO.

Last edited:
And maybe FW wouldn't do that. Maybe that is cause for anger/jealousy?

Imo, she’d expect the occupant of a new home to “work” for it. She’s smart. It appears she prefers her real estate to produce revenue.
I’ve never allowed my kids to live “free” in my rentals. I expect them to make their own way. I don’t want them lying around, with no goals, thinking they are on “easy street”.

If it was cockfighting and dogfighting, they didn’t need to murder 8 people. They could have simply reported to to LE as both activities are illegal. IMO.

I am waiting to see what surprises us, as you pointed out, custody will not be s surprise.

He has repeated the phrase, “custody played a part” several times. Will be so interesting to hear what the other parts are.

Dumb question maybe, but is there anyway Ws would think Sophia would inherit land, $$ or insurance $ ?

If HMR would have been the only victim, LE would have focused on all of her BFs past and present. JW would have gotten a lot of attention from the beginning. Until he was ruled out as a suspect, I doubt that JW would have been granted custody of S, especially if there was a contentious relationship between JW and HMR leading up to her murder.

Shortly prior to the murders there were FB comments by a kid RM concerning CR2 prior to the murders that cast suspicion his way. Then another incident with another kid IJ and his friends getting run off from UHR by the Rs. Then a demo derby feud with FR, road rage incident involving CR1 and DR, and the pot grows. All of these were directions that the investigation had to look at.

With that backdrop, I think that at least some of the murders were done to cast suspicion away from the true motives like say making it look like a cartel hit or RM doing what he said that he would like to do, or IJ’s trash talk turning to reality.

If the 5/13/2016 interview with JW was the first interview with him after the crimes, I would say that JW much less the bunch of them wasn’t even really on LE’s radar early on.

I think the 5/13/16 interview with JW is the first formal interview. Surely LE got in touch with him immediately to determine the whereabouts & safety of S.
The first interviews would be with family. Now, is it likely no one tossed the W name around? IMO, no. No way.
Once the detectives compare their notes, the formal interviews begin. Jmo
Animals & kids unharmed, SW not involved.......RED FLAGS, IMO

Agreed, I never understood why AW would be jealous over a trailer, not even new but a used trailer. If they had wanted to live in s used trailer I am sure FW would have bought one for them and set it on one of her pieces of land.

FW never struck me as the type to give anyone anything. Not even her kids which imo was part of the falling out with the other son.

I think the other motive was drug deals and money owed to the Rhoden family. Imo several of the W family had a meth problem. People addicted to meth are lousy dealers as they get too wrapped up in their own addiction.

Keep in mind JW was pretty convinced that the newborn was also his baby. So he would have received custody of 2 children. Had to be quite a blow when tests showed he was not the father

FW never struck me as the type to give anyone anything. Not even her kids which imo was part of the falling out with the other son.

I think the other motive was drug deals and money owed to the Rhoden family. Imo several of the W family had a meth problem. People addicted to meth are lousy dealers as they get too wrapped up in their own addiction.

Keep in mind JW was pretty convinced that the newborn was also his baby. So he would have received custody of 2 children. Had to be quite a blow when tests showed he was not the father

Is it confirmed there was a “falling out” with RAW?

In one article JW had stated that if he wasn’t the father he wouldn’t ask for custody of the baby but would want mandatory visitation.

In one article JW had stated that if he wasn’t the father he wouldn’t ask for custody of the baby but would want mandatory visitation.

Yes I read that and it is so creepy how he thinks he should have visitation of a child that isn’t his! He definitely thought he was entitled to whatever he wants,

Right! How absurd. I don’t care what his reasons were. Just plain absurd.
There’s no law that step or half siblings must know each other.
A KY case I follow (Crystal Rogers), the Supreme Court rulers Crystals mom no longer can visit C’s minor child, per dads request. Oh, dad is number one suspect in a 3.5 year old missing woman/presumed dead case. Go figure.

If HMR would have been the only victim, LE would have focused on all of her BFs past and present. JW would have gotten a lot of attention from the beginning. Until he was ruled out as a suspect, I doubt that JW would have been granted custody of S, especially if there was a contentious relationship between JW and HMR leading up to her murder.

Shortly prior to the murders there were FB comments by a kid RM concerning CR2 prior to the murders that cast suspicion his way. Then another incident with another kid IJ and his friends getting run off from UHR by the Rs. Then a demo derby feud with FR, road rage incident involving CR1 and DR, and the pot grows. All of these were directions that the investigation had to look at.

With that backdrop, I think that at least some of the murders were done to cast suspicion away from the true motives like say making it look like a cartel hit or RM doing what he said that he would like to do, or IJ’s trash talk turning to reality.

If the 5/13/2016 interview with JW was the first interview with him after the crimes, I would say that JW much less the bunch of them wasn’t even really on LE’s radar early on.

What I meant by HR being the only victim is a dif type of “murder”. Car v tree (as in run off the road), a fall down stairs, something less blatant than a bullet to the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez