OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say they climbed through the open windows. I said that's why they probably left them open, stage dressing, since they obviously couldn't fit through one. Pitting G3 and CR1 against one another size wise, would probably be little competition too if it were hand to hand. G3 could use his bulk alone, to put someone on the ground, in a tight space. I just meant they didn't appear to be healthy enough to run around, in and out of homes, back and forth to a vehicle, or four wheeler, at that point in their lives, w/o falling dead themselves, only from heart attacks. Defying chemicals must be high in calories.
Well they certainly look healthier than the majority of spectators in that court room.

Yes. I want them to be convicted.

I like this forum. It's a platform for free speech no doubt. But sometimes I feel uncomfortable with the definitive judgement before the trial. I think I need to speak for the other side to balance the discussion a little bit.

Very seldom in a case of such magnitude is there any doubt. With today’s technology, if necessary, LE could have kept the 4 under surveillance for 5 more years, at the request of the state. I bet LE wanted to make arrests many times, maybe only for one or two, but they weren’t calling the shots.

IMO, 3/4 have no reason to proceed to trial. They have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose.
I’m on the fence as to JWs involvement but know he faces the same charges + sex charge.
I think he might have still “loved” HR & entertained a future for their little family. Co-existing with his mom, of course. As far as his “love”, I mean a “puppy love” kind of love. Not a mature relationship by any means.

I think Jake was the driving force behind it all. His need to control Hanna or "own" her so to speak was the overwhelming reason for it all. He may have gotten Billy and Angie involved by bringing up the Clarence R thing and telling them he suspected one of the male R's to be doing the same to SW. But it was all Jake. And I don't think he "loved" Hanna. I think he hated her because she left him and took his daughter.

Don't let Jake's young looks fool you. There are 16 and 17 year old boys who have killed their girlfriends because the GF left them and moved on.

JMO

IMO, Jake is starting to remind me of Zachary Adams from Holly Bobo trial. Not any comparison as far as crime, etc. . It's like jail just looks good on some people.
It seems it sets some people's heads straight. Gets rid of any of the drugging or drinking. Gets people around you outta your head. Someone else's rules. Maybe the first time he's really away from big bad dad and mama bear.
With every court date, I believe we're gonna see him morph into quite the man. He looked pretty scrawny and squirrely at the first court appearance. Looked a bit better this time.
I still feel he didn't live up to the family's expectations. Maybe this is the first time he feels safe. If that makes any sense. Maybe he'll grow a pair and set things right.
Maybe not. Maybe they can keep showing him pictures of what they did to the mother of his child and the rest of that family. Maybe that might help "set his head straight."

Last edited:
Yes. I want them to be convicted.

I like this forum. It's a platform for free speech no doubt. But sometimes I feel uncomfortable with the definitive judgement before the trial. I think I need to speak for the other side to balance the discussion a little bit.

And “most” of us are mature enough to realize it’s okay to have dif’ views, opinions, theories. Which, is a good thing so we are not shut down, like some threads. It’s awful when one person is so argumentative they destroy a thread & ruin the discussion for everyone. Not to mention the work it puts on the staff/mods. Very disrespectful.
Especially when we know from TOS how to handle situations. And, we all have the “scroll” feature. As in ‘scroll on by’.

IMO, Jake is starting to remind me of Zachary Adams from Holly Bobo trial. Not any comparison as far as crime, etc. . It's like jail just looks good on some people.
It seems it sets some people's heads straight. Gets rid of any of the drugging or drinking. Gets people around you outta your head. Someone else's rules. Maybe the first time he's really away from big bad dad and mama bear.
With every court date, I believe we're gonna see him morph into quite the man. He looked pretty scrawny and squirrely at the first court appearance. Looked a bit better this time.
I still feel he didn't live up to the family's expectations. Maybe this is the first time he feels safe. If that makes any sense. Maybe he'll grow a pair and set things right.
Maybe not. Maybe they can keep showing him pictures of what they did to the mother of his child and the rest of that family.

It’s possible we will see changes, he has new mentors now. Namely, his legal team. Then his cell mate.
It does seem his team is eager to get the ball rolling, for their case. Of course, someone has to be first.
As far as HR, I believe she was JWs first serious relationship and his love for her never died, even now. Sadly, she died. I think his kind of “love” is dif’ than what most of us consider “love”.

BBM

Sorry, my mistake. I took it to mean you thought they crawled through the window.

Pitting G3 and CR1 against one another size wise, would probably be little competition too if it were hand to hand.

Especially if they surprised Chris and got a couple of bullets in him. He would have been in pain. But I think it was a close call since they had to shoot him 9 times.

I think being hunters they would need some stamina. I don't know how much running was involved but I do think they had time, hours in fact, to pull it all off.

Being old myself I could not have did it, but these are people in their 40's and 20's. So I think unless they have some serious prior health issues the running around back and forth to vehicles, if that is what was used, wouldn't be a problem for them.

BTW I do agree with you on the fact that they look like the only running they did was for pizza and beer.

JMO

Yeah, no way they fit through those windows! Even JW is too lanky to not to have made a thud. Idk if they'd been active and hunting in recent months or not, but they don't appear to have been, physically. I think their legs, as far as "scouting", was likely JW, and AW was the driver that night. I just cannot see strolling back to the vehicle, after leaving a murder scene.

I don't think that they had very long to commit these murders either. IIRC, AM was talking to DR well after midnight. I believe the plan had a couple snags, they had to wait for DR to go to bed after that 2nd, unexpected, shift. Most folks can't turn in right after coming in from work. That caused them to have to speed it up.

It’s possible we will see changes, he has new mentors now. Namely, his legal team. Then his cell mate.
It does seem his team is eager to get the ball rolling, for their case. Of course, someone has to be first.
I was thinking maybe he'd come around. Didn't even think about the lawyers. Never mind.
This is already giving me flashbacks of the Pinellas 12 and it hasn't even been 1/1000th of the way near trial.
Maybe since Court TV is making a come back we'll watch it on there.

Well they certainly look healthier than the majority of spectators in that court room.

I'm not sure what you mean. Go back 2 1/2 years, or even to the Laser Focus photos. Three are pretty overweight and the fourth looks emaciated. I'm not making judgments about their appearance other than as to the case itself. Three of those folks could not have fit through those trailer windows that were open, and none look like they'd be Speedy Gonzalez. JW looks thin to the point of unhealthy.

Jake Wagner appears in Pike County court for first pretrial in Rhoden family murder case

A clear list of what prosecutors provided JWs defense.

rsd, did you catch name of new atty or do I need to listen to tape to get it? TIA?
The linked article only mentions his DP team. I’m trying ascertain if the third has been hired. Maybe as a liaison for “someone”. Cuz, let’s face it, thevDPnteam is simply not available for non stop phone calls from curious relatives.

I'm not sure what you mean. Go back 2 1/2 years, or even to the Laser Focus photos. Three are pretty overweight and the fourth looks emaciated. I'm not making judgments about their appearance other than as to the case itself. Three of those folks could not have fit through those trailer windows that were open, and none look like they'd be Speedy Gonzalez. JW looks thin to the point of unhealthy.

When I first saw a JW, I thought perhaps he was ill with something quite serious. Then, I thought perhaps it could be a result of a habit of some sort. Use your imagination.

Very seldom in a case of such magnitude is there any doubt. With today’s technology, if necessary, LE could have kept the 4 under surveillance for 5 more years, at the request of the state. I bet LE wanted to make arrests many times, maybe only for one or two, but they weren’t calling the shots.

I hope you're right! I do not have a good sense of what evidence they have, only that they seem to have some and the investigation has been massive. I hope it's enough. I admit, I'm worried that they will not be fully convicted (and they shouldn't be if the evidence is not there).

Since LE can lie to suspects, I wonder if they have tried or will try to tell all or some of them that another has talked and/or made a deal. I can picture that being the subject of a kitchen-table conversation. "No matter what LE says, no one has talked. Don't believe it. Etc."

I was thinking maybe he'd come around. Didn't even think about the lawyers. Never mind.
This is already giving me flashbacks of the Pinellas 12 and it hasn't even been 1/1000th of the way near trial.
Maybe since Court TV is making a come back we'll watch it on there.

Can’t wait for CTV! I hope my provider carries it.
Article I just linked mentions the pretrial was the first of many. I expect PTs to last at least all of 2019 for JW.

I hope you're right! I do not have a good sense of what evidence they have, only that they seem to have some and the investigation has been massive. I hope it's enough. I admit, I'm worried that they will not be fully convicted (and they shouldn't be if the evidence is not there).

Since LE can lie to suspects, I wonder if they have tried or will try to tell all or some of them that another has talked and/or made a deal. I can picture that being the subject of a kitchen-table conversation. "No matter what LE says, no one has talked. Don't believe it. Etc."

Read my most recent link, it lists some that has been turned over. I would post a list if this new iPad would cooperate.
Surely The DA will use any trick it can to persuade one to flip/talk. If truth be known, the state wants and expects plea deals. They have their evidence & know even if trials are held, the end result is basically LWOP, cuz the DP would take decades and ever so much money before any execution.

Last edited:
I’m looking forward to the motive. If we ever hear what it is. We know custody is “PART” of the motive. Easy enough to establish per forged custody docs’. But since JW already had 50% custody, something far deeper was the true motive, IMO. Between a dif’ generation.

JW seems ultra feminine to me. Idk if it’s his hair, his fine feature, long fingernails or what. He certainly looks dif’ than the other men In his family, IMO.

I think he can’t help his smirks, it’s a nervous reaction. He might feel “famous”, knowing he’s on TV. He’s used to getting his way & maybe isn’t aware of the severity of his situation. He appeared to like being referred to as “Mr. W”. Which is fine, cuz won’t be long and he’ll be referred to as a number.

I can't with his smirks :mad:. Way too chipper for me, especially considering why he's there. And it makes me ill to even write this, but if Chris watts is getting love letters I bet little Jakie boy is getting loads of them and eating it up.

I can't with his smirks :mad:. Way too chipper for me, especially considering why he's there. And it makes me ill to even write this, but if Chris watts is getting love letters I bet little Jakie boy is getting loads of them and eating it up.

Barf. Sorry. You’re probably right. Interest in this case has waned due to the time lapse, tho.
Earlier, I had the news on, I think HLN, I heard “Pike county, OH jail”, raced to the FR thinking it was to do with this case. But, it was the escaped female that went to the hot tub. Yet JW had just finished his PT.
Ahhh, with the gags, we aren’t going to learn much for a long time. Gags on the Wags

When I first saw a JW, I thought perhaps he was ill with something quite serious. Then, I thought perhaps it could be a result of a habit of some sort. Use your imagination.

I was surprised, when this case started, as to JW's age compared to his photos. Idk, he may just be naturally thin and lanky, but, even his FB read more like a younger person's, to me. Today, is the most mature looking that I've ever seen him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove