OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears little or no physical evidence. If they had that, arrests would have been much sooner, IMO.
I think Ohio can bring charges with little evidence as long as they can get an indictment. After a lengthy investigation, interviewing countless people, IMO, the same name kept popping up. W!
The investigators are still scouring notes & stuff, digging for more info, IMO.
Maybe, just maybe, DeWine thought they might move again & wanted to bring ‘em in.
Upcharge upcharge upcharge. Hope something sticks. IMO
The indictments make it clear (to me) they can’t match a suspect with a victim.
Will the state need to prove all four at each scene? Not matching with shots fired but at least at scene. Jmo

It appears little or no physical evidence. If they had that, arrests would have been much sooner, IMO.
I think Ohio can bring charges with little evidence as long as they can get an indictment. After a lengthy investigation, interviewing countless people, IMO, the same name kept popping up. W!
The investigators are still scouring notes & stuff, digging for more info, IMO.
Maybe, just maybe, DeWine thought they might move again & wanted to bring ‘em in.
Upcharge upcharge upcharge. Hope something sticks. IMO
The indictments make it clear (to me) they can’t match a suspect with a victim.
Or possibly opens an avenue of motivation for the individual W's to cooperate. I don't know how broad indictments are allowed to be, but if I were prosecution I would leave them as broad as possible. That way leaves an open door for possible cooperation or unexpected surprises at trial.
Thinking out loud, MOO

I think we all have that one vacation spot that we love above all the others. For me, there are two, but, I could never leave here though. Two vacation homes sounds nice though, if I hit the lotto.

OT: the prob’ w/vacay homes, finding time to enjoy it. Friends are always using mine. I did get 60 mi. from it in September tho. Lol. I had good intentions but hey, if someone invites you to stay on a yacht on Lake Mich., best not pass up the opp’.

Sorry, in my post I accidentally made mistakes and had posted 2 times instead of just once. Yes, what was going on big time in the lives of the others? We do know there was that confrontation in April with BW and JW going to the R's over the custody. As they plotted the murders through 2016, they were also strong arming for custody. When the strong arming wasn't working, they knew they were going to their plan B.

That is when I think they realized that they should not have shown everyone that they had an obvious motive to want to eliminate HR, and that they need to get rid of that motive at all costs. I'm guessing the forged document was to clear them of having a motive for murder. I think the document was forged to look like HR had signed over a significant amount of custody to JW so of course he would have no motive now for wanting her out of the way.

Get rid of the motive at all costs even if it means roping AW's mother into it. I believe she was familiar with being a notary. If the murders were only for custody then they probably would have waited and made it look like JW was very happy with the way the custody was going. They were in a hurry. But WHY?

Yes, why? Why not just out them when they were all living in what became FR's trailer, on CR1's property where he had the grow? It would have helped him with gaining more time with S, and possibly becoming the custodial parent, by going through the courts. Why didn't they use the courts? Why risk it all through the murder of eight people?

Will the state need to prove all four at each scene? Not matching with shots fired but at least at scene. Jmo

Idk. Maybe someone here does. I have appx 700 questions I’m trying to find answers to.
If there’s no evidence to put someone at the scene, I assume it would be a circumstantial case.

Yes, why? Why not just out them when they were all living in what became FR's trailer, on CR1's property where he had the grow? It would have helped him with gaining more time with S, and possibly becoming the custodial parent, by going through the courts. Why didn't they use the courts? Why risk it all through the murder of eight people?

Yes, WHY?
IMO, if JW had used the court system, he would have easily won custody. His brother had no trouble getting custody. To my knowledge, there’s never been any complaint regarding the kids under the care of the W’s. Every pic I’ve seen shows clean, smiling kids.

Last edited:
To help understand the motive for killing the 8, think back to when there was actually NO motive to kill them. If we go back far enough we will come to the point when there was no motive for the murders. There was a point in time when all this changed.

What were the changes that occurred in the life circumstances of the Wagners and Rhodens, and what changed in their relationships with each other in the several months pear by up to April 22, 2016? I will have to go back and look for exact dates.

1. Hannah and Jake live together and are
engaged and have a baby.
2. Hannah breaks off the engagement and wants to still live with Jake but also see others.
3. Hannah has a relationship with CG and tells
she doesn't want to live with him anymore.

One reason I like these thoughts is because it shows an escalation of events. To help understand the motive you must go all the way back to when there was NO motive for the murders. If we go back far enough we can see the time when the Wagners were not plotting murder.

So what changed? If you look through the months running up to the murders you will see an escalation of life events occurring.

JW is living with his fiancee and having a baby and planning his wedding, then his world is crushed because he gets dumped. He still lives with HR and sleeps with her but they are not a couple anymore and she gets with CG. Then she finally kicks JW out altogether but allows him to have SW every other week. Still he won't let go and sleeps with her, but then she tells him she's pregnant and it could be another man's baby.

It was around August that she likely discovered she was pregnant and then JW had all that fall of 2015 to realize the woman he loves is having another man's baby and she won't be coming home with him to Peterson Rd with the new baby ( according to a reporter he wanted nothing more then for this to happen.)

So we're now getting to the winter of 2015 and with a second baby on the way CSR would have realized that his granddaughters need more room so he makes plans to put down $30,000 cash on a new place and he gets approved for a $30,000 loan from OH Adams County Bank, using his land as collateral.

So while this big change is in the making, and I'm sure heavily discussed by all, you have another big change with HR falling very hard for Corey and she says she wants him to be the father. JW now knows he will always be on the outside of HR's life, not a main player.

Then the new year approaches and LE can see that surveillance and a murder plot were then being hatched by Jake and his family.

Lots of extreme changes in JW's life in the year leading up to the murders.

BBM
Where did you get all this info on JW and HMR living together, planning a wedding and living together and sleeping together, after they broke up? Do you know them?

HELP How can I edit my post? I'm sorry I was putting in a post then thought I did it wrong so I stopped and then wrote it over again and now I have 2 posts instead of one. So I need to know how can I edit it? I want to delete the first post. Everyone will think I'm crazy.
Welcome Cool Cats. The good news is that you are no crazier than the rest of us!

But then there is Kenny. How does he figure into it all?

JMO
I do think there was an urgency about these murders because they didn't leave enough time for JW to pretend he was really happy with the custody arrangement. Instead, they rushed it! They did it right after making a scene over wanting HR to sign over full custody. Stupid.

There is a missing puzzle piece here we are not seeing.

As for Kenny. I always thought Kenny was hit to throw off the investigation and make it look Cartel or professional or gang or drug related. Especially like a drug deal gone bad.

According to DeWine they did much to hinder the investigation and that means there was tampering at the crime scenes. Kenny was the only one shot once, that stands out and screams professional hit. Kenny had lots of paper money thrown over his lower legs which totally screams that "your being killed over being greedy and stealing our money. " Drug deal gone bad. Maybe they used Kenny's own money.

And Kenny had a grow op at his place, even confirmed by his daughter and LE. How convenient that there were grow ops at 3 of the homes!
EVEN IF the motive was not just for custody, I think Kenny is the red herring in all this. And he was SO close to Chris, that he would be the type to go after the Wagners for revenge I think. I think they may have been scared that he would blow their brains out to avenge Chris.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member