OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not convinced that he was hiding in the horse trailer. That is only speculation. He may have been in the trailer because the horse was agitated and they were afraid it would get hurt. He may have been making sure it was secure. He may have been trying to calm it down. They were parked. That does not mean he was riding in the trailer hiding from LE.

"Initial reports said he was hiding in the back of his horse trailer when arrested but Lexington police told The Dispatch Monday that wasn't true. He was taken into custody without incident."

George 'Billy' Wagner III pleads not guilty to 22 charges in Rhoden family slayings

IANAL, but that's what I've always read about GJ proceedings. They're secret. That's what the prosecutor said at FW's hearing, too. GJ's are protected because they don't determine guilt or innocence, they only recommend whether to proceed with charges. Prosecutors are not bound to follow a GJ recommendation.

https://www.acluohio.org/ohio-grand-juries-faq

That said, while GJ proceedings are not made public, it might be allowed for a defendant to view the transcript of their own individual testimony. Prosecutor Canepa said in FW's hearing the other day that they usually don't allow that. We'll see how the judge rules in a couple of weeks.

Thank you, Betty.

Things like that can change though. He may have been just scared, plus they'd already broken up too. It's harder to go to visits when they're broken up. Especially with a new guy on their arm. One of my grandchildren's father was kind of a jerk during the pregnancy. They'd broke up, so it wasn't his baby, went to two appointments, I think (I went to the rest), didn't tell his parents the correct hospital at delivery time, but he made it to delivery, late, but he made it. He didn't participate much, (I cut the chord...), and looked sorta disheveled. The nurses said, to me, that he wouldn't be around long. They'd "seen his type". After he held the baby, though, total difference. Never missed a support payment (and did that w/o court orders, just did it, on his own), made sure he got to see the baby every other weekend, father's day, etc... any time he could. Started getting his act together, working two jobs, I was impressed. Then he passed away.:oops: I think it's harder when they couple has broken up. They obviously no longer want to be around one another, and then, oops, there's a baby, and here's JW saying the child is his, so, then again, maybe he didn't want to get emotionally invested until the dna test was completed.
It is true that they can change after the child is born, but MG has custody of K right now, so apparently he did not.

Young people do not have the life experience to compromise. So I really do think she was PO'ed because he showed no interest in the baby during her pregnancy. He may even have denied the baby was his. I don't think Jake stepped up to say the baby was his until after Hanna was dead. I think he knew the baby was not his and he would not have dared say it while Hanna was alive to slap him down on it.

BTW I love your rambling rsd.
JMO

I don’t think the text happened. I think it was a lie LE told LM to maybe get him talking. There is no way JW is gonna a text JM the night of the murders, that would put him right into the mix. JW wouldn’t have been using a cell phone that night If they been planning this for months
Why wouldn't James text Jake the night of the murders? How would that put James in the mix of what Jake was doing? James didn't know Jake was going to kill everyone. He could have sent him a text about a derby car. How would he know the W's were going to slaughter his whole family?

JMO

Yes I believe they been floated around everywhere, unfortunately. While they are interesting, they’re ramblings. And I’m just disappointed to see them now here. Websleuths is the best for being fact based and it helps eliminate rabbit holes...JMO.
I didn't find them interesting at all. I thought whoever wrote them must be on some really good drugs. LOL

Since this has been questioned numerous times, here is this description of how the Ohio Grand Jury works. It is kept secret so it does not ruin the reputation of anyone if the case is not prosecuted...
Ohio Prosecuting Attorneys Association

The Grand Jury
The citizens of Ohio play an important role in our criminal justice system. Through service on a grand jury, everyday people instill a confidence in our society that criminal cases are independently considered and reviewed by the citizenry.

Grand juries are convened by the county courts of common pleas and consist of nine members and six alternates. Grand jurors are selected from lists of registered voters and/or licensed drivers. Most grand jurors serve for a period of two to four months. The frequency of grand jury meetings can vary from once a month to daily, depending on the case load.

A grand jury is not the same as the 12-person body that hears cases. A trial jury is technically called a “petit jury.”

County prosecuting attorneys, representing the State of Ohio, are responsible for presenting evidence and witness testimony. Witnesses typically include police officers, victims, and others that may have information to offer. The grand jury listens to the evidence and testimony and decides whether the accused should be tried for a felony crime. Grand juries consider felonies, which are crimes punishable by imprisonment. Lesser offenses, called misdemeanors, are considered solely by the prosecutor’s office.

If a grand jury finds “probable cause” that a crime was committed, it returns an indictment (true bill) against the accused person, allowing the case to proceed toward a trial. An indictment may only be found by the concurrence of seven or more jurors. If a grand jury does not find “probable cause” that a crime was committed, it returns a “no bill,” and charges against the accused will be dismissed.

After all the testimony and evidence has been presented, everyone except the nine grand jury members must leave the room. The foreperson leads a discussion and conducts a vote. No vote is taken until each member has been heard. The foreperson then records the vote and files the record with the clerk of court.

The grand jurors make a pledge of secrecy. This pledge is of the utmost importance, is permanent and applies to all aspects of the grand jury proceedings. Grand jury deliberations and votes, as well as the names of witnesses and questions considered shall not be disclosed. There are two reasons for this oath of secrecy. First, accusations may be brought before the jury, which, after its examination, may deem the accusation as unfounded. If publicity were given to the fact that the grand jury had investigated a person or organization, their reputation might be ruined. Second, if a person who is likely to be charged with a criminal offense by the grand jury should learn of the investigation, he or she might flee.

The grand jury can investigate any crime committed within the county. However, an inquiry must be crime-related and directed by honest and conscientious motives to decide if a person should be charged with a crime. When considering any special investigation, the details are worked out with the judge or prosecutor. Grand jurors may require the clerk of court to issue subpoenas for witnesses to appear and testify. However, grand jurors are not detectives or prosecutors authorized to make private investigations.

Ordinary citizens make up the grand jury and decide whether enough evidence exists to send a case to trial. A grand jury exercises diligence, impartiality and secrecy to protect innocent people from false accusations and to assure accused persons that any evidence against them is considered fairly.
Dudly thank you. That was very informative and should answer a lot of questions on how the grand jury works.

The grand jurors make a pledge of secrecy.
O/T My SIL was on a grand jury 40 years ago that indicted a county judge. She still won't talk about it or who was on the jury with her.

JMO

Thank you, Betty.
IANAL, but that's what I've always read about GJ proceedings. They're secret. That's what the prosecutor said at FW's hearing, too. GJ's are protected because they don't determine guilt or innocence, they only recommend whether to proceed with charges. Prosecutors are not bound to follow a GJ recommendation.

https://www.acluohio.org/ohio-grand-juries-faq

That said, while GJ proceedings are not made public, it might be allowed for a defendant to view the transcript of their own individual testimony. Prosecutor Canepa said in FW's hearing the other day that they usually don't allow that. We'll see how the judge rules in a couple of weeks.

Might be interesting to follow up on the last line" Prosecutors are not bound to follow a GJ recommendations"

If a True Bill is returned, a warrant or government summon is necessary. The warrant is signed by the county
clerk of courts or a judge. If a non bill is returned, nothing happens and the accused is not charged.

I have wondered more than once, if it were just the two boys. The parents find out later, and whisk them all off to AK, to try and save them. We have two shell casings, two bullet proof vests, vests found in their father's bedroom in their grandmother's home, photographic proof that the two boys had dyed hair right after the murders.

Probably not, but it would be crazy if that's how it turns out.
That’s very interesting. And brings me back to the interviews listed on the discovery. IIRC, GW3 & GW4 were both only interviewed once. Meanwhile, AW & JW were repeatedly interviewed.

This is probably an “out there” thought, but could it have been just Jake and Angela?

That makes me think about Chris and Kenny as well. Who would be more threatening when showing up on those two properties?

IF Chris saw his killers, as stated in the preliminary autopsies, it’s seems he would be less threatened by AW & JW, than the 2 George’s. As far as Kenny’s, the killers got in his camper somehow. Did he let AW & JW in and then sit back down on his bed? Probably not, but it’s something to think about. All JMHO.

No problemo Mitten:) I know you are a respectful person...I was just trying to figure out the conundrum..."Low reward amount insulting?" vs "No verbal sympathy for victims, excusable?" (ie responding to another poster.) Sure, by the rewards (I/we) have seen, it is a low amount. In SoCal, the second "drugs is mentioned" people get very, very quiet and nobody donates money.
I don't know the reasons and can only speculate on some of the "whys." But, I do know I was/am impressed by the 100's of people involved in FB groups who supported the R & G families. They were awesome.
Just had a horrible thought....why were there so many agencies and 10 states involved in this investigation, anyway? Darn MittenS, now you really have me wondering about W's &$, ugh.
That makes complete sense. You make a great point. I suppose there really isn’t a difference in the low reward amount and no verbal sympathy for victims. In my eyes, neither are acceptable or excusable. In general, I’m more of a “scream it from the rooftops” kinda person when it comes to Justice for victims. So it’s hard for me to understand why these victims didn’t really seem to get that when it comes to the reward and/or certain friends/families who remained silent about justice.

I’ve been screaming for Justice and looking for answers for almost 3 years. And it’s been amazing to see the 1000’s of people across various platforms do the same for this family.

That’s very interesting. And brings me back to the interviews listed on the discovery. IIRC, GW3 & GW4 were both only interviewed once. Meanwhile, AW & JW were repeatedly interviewed.

This is probably an “out there” thought, but could it have been just Jake and Angela?

That makes me think about Chris and Kenny as well. Who would be more threatening when showing up on those two properties?

IF Chris saw his killers, as stated in the preliminary autopsies, it’s seems he would be less threatened by AW & JW, than the 2 George’s. As far as Kenny’s, the killers got in his camper somehow. Did he let AW & JW in and then sit back down on his bed? Probably not, but it’s something to think about. All JMHO.
Also Kenny would had to have let the perp in in the middle of the night (or atleast late at night) .. if it was just to buy some drugs then there would be an electronic trail.

I doubt he was shot through the window but that could be possible

No problemo Mitten:) I know you are a respectful person...I was just trying to figure out the conundrum..."Low reward amount insulting?" vs "No verbal sympathy for victims, excusable?" (ie responding to another poster.) Sure, by the rewards (I/we) have seen, it is a low amount. In SoCal, the second "drugs is mentioned" people get very, very quiet and nobody donates money.
I don't know the reasons and can only speculate on some of the "whys." But, I do know I was/am impressed by the 100's of people involved in FB groups who supported the R & G families. They were awesome.
Just had a horrible thought....why were there so many agencies and 10 states involved in this investigation, anyway? Darn MittenS, now you really have me wondering about W's &$, ugh.

BUBM
I think there was a trip made, not long after the murders, and it was possibly to try and dispose of evidence. I think they may have went to their location one way, and came back another. It would have involved the LEOs' in those states, assistance, if my theory is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed