OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, the best I can figure it's a delaying tactic. Or defense attorneys are incompetent. Not sure. AC didn't say anything today, but in the last hearing she was a little impatient about it. IIRC, the judge brought it up and reminded the defense attorneys to bring the proper hard drives.

Defense may be overwhelmed trying to sort through all that evidence, too... Why can't all this be available to the defense via a cloud storage or direct access from the prosecution's computers?

No, I missed it. Any idea what she had to say?

ETA: Here's a link. She must have spoken to the news media after the hearing

George Wagner trial postponed, grandmother stands by him

“George is innocent. My whole family is innocent. That’s all I have to say. It will all come out eventually,” Fredericka Wagner said after the hearing. “He’s lost a lot of weight. But he’s strong and he’s got a strong faith in God. So have I and so did Jacob. Our whole family and we just believe, I know Christ is with him. The boys are hanging on to Jesus and that’s what we’re going to keep on doing.”

The same old stuff she always says. She seldom varies in her news media persona. She really can't say much to defend her spawn because the evidence against them is solid, sordid and horrific. Killing innocent adults and children sleeping peacefully in bed, cradling their babies.

All of the talk of religion just makes what she is saying appear more doubtful.

She'll never be able to burnish their reputations, not that they had good ones before the murders.

FW did not say my Son is innocent or that AW is, she is laying on "the boys" are innocent really thick. Even before charges were filed she kept saying JW was innocent and never mentioned the others.

Defense may be overwhelmed trying to sort through all that evidence, too... Why can't all this be available to the defense via a cloud storage or direct access from the prosecution's computers?

JMO, the information has to be secure. They can't allow the evidence to become vulnerable to hacking or changing, etc. They also can't allow someone to access the evidence and release it to the public before the trial. That could even result in a mistrial.

Prosecution needs a secure, proven chain of custody, to allow prosecution and defense to mutually sign off on exchanging exactly X evidence that contains exactly X information. Cloud probably isn't secure enough.

Seems there should be a way to make this go faster, though.

No, I missed it. Any idea what she had to say?

ETA: Here's a link. She must have spoken to the news media after the hearing

George Wagner trial postponed, grandmother stands by him

“George is innocent. My whole family is innocent. That’s all I have to say. It will all come out eventually,” Fredericka Wagner said after the hearing. “He’s lost a lot of weight. But he’s strong and he’s got a strong faith in God. So have I and so did Jacob. Our whole family and we just believe, I know Christ is with him. The boys are hanging on to Jesus and that’s what we’re going to keep on doing.”

The same old stuff she always says. She seldom varies in her news media persona. She really can't say much to defend her spawn because the evidence against them is solid, sordid and horrific. Killing innocent adults and children sleeping peacefully in bed, cradling their babies.

All of the talk of religion just makes what she is saying appear more doubtful.

She'll never be able to burnish their reputations, not that they had good ones before the murders.

BBM

There is something off about this. "So have I and so did Jacob." Past tense about Jake. So Jake no longer has a strong faith in God?

No mention of Billy and Angie having a strong faith in God, neither past or present.

The boys are hanging on to Jesus and that’s what we’re going to keep on doing.”

No mention of Billy and Angie hanging onto Jesus. Did they ever? Or did they just lose faith recently?

This entire statement is out of character for Fred. Not the religion part, but it is a very subdued statement for a woman who did an entire video interview claiming everyone's innocence. But again that interview may have been before she got a good look at the evidence.

A couple of things I find noteworthy, and this is just a feeling I have, George is the only one that Robin made sure to tell his attorney that Fred loves him. George is the only one Fred has made a point in implying he is having a hard time in jail. “He’s lost a lot of weight. But he’s strong

I still think George is worrying himself to death about his ex maybe having custody of his son now and that he will flip on the others for less jail time. I think Fred thinks that too so she is making the extra effort to shore up his faith in the family. Or else she knows that George was not as involved as the rest of them. For me, George is the weak link.

JMO

‘Great deal of’ evidence pushes back trial date for oldest Wagner brother

If FW thinks GW4 is innocent for the Rhodens murders why was she present during the revenge talk against LE also if FW wants to talk with GW4 attorneys before court let her pay his attorney fees instead of the taxpayers, JMO
Like I said my daddy used to say "talk's cheap, takes money to buy whiskey." George may have just been running off at the mouth to impress his daddy or OTOH he may have been the most vocal to convince them he wouldn't flip on them if they were arrested.

JMO

BBM

There is something off about this. "So have I and so did Jacob." Past tense about Jake. So Jake no longer has a strong faith in God?

No mention of Billy and Angie having a strong faith in God, neither past or present.

The boys are hanging on to Jesus and that’s what we’re going to keep on doing.”

No mention of Billy and Angie hanging onto Jesus. Did they ever? Or did they just lose faith recently?

This entire statement is out of character for Fred. Not the religion part, but it is a very subdued statement for a woman who did an entire video interview claiming everyone's innocence. But again that interview may have been before she got a good look at the evidence.

A couple of things I find noteworthy, and this is just a feeling I have, George is the only one that Robin made sure to tell his attorney that Fred loves him. George is the only one Fred has made a point in implying he is having a hard time in jail. “He’s lost a lot of weight. But he’s strong

I still think George is worrying himself to death about his ex maybe having custody of his son now and that he will flip on the others for less jail time. I think Fred thinks that too so she is making the extra effort to shore up his faith in the family. Or else she knows that George was not as involved as the rest of them. For me, George is the weak link.

JMO

I think this is the Jacob she referred to:

According to the Book of Genesis, Jacob was the third Hebrew progenitor with whom God made a covenant. He is the son of Isaac and Rebecca, the grandson of Abraham, Sarah and Bethuel, the nephew of Ishmael, and the younger twin brother of Esau. ... His only daughter mentioned in Genesis is Dinah.
Jacob - Wikipedia

According to the Book of Genesis, Jacob was the third Hebrew progenitor with whom God made a covenant. He is the son of Isaac and Rebecca, the grandson of Abraham, Sarah and Bethuel, the nephew of Ishmael, and the younger twin brother of Esau. ... His only daughter mentioned in Genesis is Dinah.
Jacob - Wikipedia

FW has only recently been freed up to speak about the others' cases in public. Pretty sure this is the first hearing for any of her family since charges against her were dropped. So this is going to be her standard PR media push after every hearing for her family members.

JMO, she's going to say some variation of the same thing after every hearing of the W4 (possibly just W3 IYKWIM). "They're all innocent", "they're being treated unfairly", "there's no evidence against them", "God, Jesus, Bible, Scripture, Cross", etc. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Like all of you, I doubt she'll be giving this speech for RN, possibly not even for AW. She's limited in what she can say publicly, but she may try to slip in some messaging to the W's behind bars. I hope she overreaches and earns herself a gag order from the judge.

FW has only recently been freed up to speak about the others' cases in public. Pretty sure this is the first hearing for any of her family since charges against her were dropped. So this is going to be her standard PR media push after every hearing for her family members.

JMO, she's going to say some variation of the same thing after every hearing of the W4 (possibly just W3 IYKWIM). "They're all innocent", "they're being treated unfairly", "there's no evidence against them", "God, Jesus, Bible, Scripture, Cross", etc. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Like all of you, I doubt she'll be giving this speech for RN, possibly not even for AW. She's limited in what she can say publicly, but she may try to slip in some messaging to the W's behind bars. I hope she overreaches and earns herself a gag order from the judge.

She, nor Robin, showed up for AW's last hearing, and I'll be surprised if she shows up for Rita today. JMO

And I'm with you on hoping she will slip up. Lol

For anyone watching, here's a link

Watch

They've been in conference a while. Long enough for me to go upstairs and replace two door knobs and start on a third. Next is updating a lot of wall outlets and a few more light switches.

#remodelingneverends

They should be back soon. Camera guy doesn't have the audio on today. I wish he would, it's a public room, public proceeding.

Ok, sound on. Getting ready to start.

Not seeing anyone attending for RN. No W's in attendance.

Last edited:
AC was saying something to defense attorney about trying to get a thumb drive

Will entertain some motions. Motions to dismiss were filed. State filed a motion to revoke bond.

Will hear all these on August 28 at 1 pm. Previously extended time for pre-trial motions. August 5 will be deadline for pre-trial motions. All will be heard at Aug. 28.

Motion to revoke bail alleges there have been phone calls between RN and Angela Jo Wagner. That's going to be heard on Aug 28. Court considers violation a very serious matter. Motion lays out certain factual matters. RN's phone doesn't have caller ID, but she still needs to identify and hang up phone.

Sounds like AW calling RN

AC discussing change to Bill of Particulars
Count 5 Para 2 strike un in front of knowingly.

Will direct clerk of court to strike those letters.

AC motion to revoke is based on very lengthy conversations RN has been having with AW. Very serious matter.
No contact means no contact, regardless of what is being discussed.
Adjourned

Jacob - Wikipedia
Ok. My bad. I thought she was referring to Jake. Thank you for helping me out on that Dudly. You are much appreciated.

JMO

They should have thrown her in jail today!! IMO. She knew better!! No caller ID? Probably a phone they thought couldn't be traced. Ugh! All JMO
Didn't someone post a long time ago that if you get a call from an inmate that fact that the call is from an inmate in whatever jail they are in is disclosed and you have to agree to take the call before it is put through? Maybe I am remembering wrong.

JMO

For anyone watching, here's a link

Watch

They've been in conference a while. Long enough for me to go upstairs and replace two door knobs and start on a third. Next is updating a lot of wall outlets and a few more light switches.

#remodelingneverends

They should be back soon. Camera guy doesn't have the audio on today. I wish he would, it's a public room, public proceeding.

Ok, sound on. Getting ready to start.

Not seeing anyone attending for RN. No W's in attendance.
Betty I was busy and missed the entire thing. Does anyone have a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke