OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't someone post a long time ago that if you get a call from an inmate that fact that the call is from an inmate in whatever jail they are in is disclosed and you have to agree to take the call before it is put through? Maybe I am remembering wrong.

JMO

I don't remember a post, but that sounds right. In the old days, inmates had to call "collect," lol. Remember those days?

Betty I was busy and missed the entire thing. Does anyone have a link?

Here's one

Prosecution asks for Rita Newcomb's bond to be revoked

quote from the article, it's kind of confusing. I have to take off, so appreciate anyone else here seeing if they can find a copy of the hearing today. Thanks!
According to the prosecution there recorded phone calls from the Delaware County Jail. That's where Angela Wagner is being held without bond.

Newcomb said she doesn't have caller ID. However, Assistant Attorney General Angie Canepa said these were lengthy conversations and they acknowledged they shouldn't be talking.

Last edited:
I don't remember a post, but that sounds right. In the old days, inmates had to call "collect," lol. Remember those days?

Yeah, RN knew who was calling, JMO. She was just using that as an excuse.

The judge and AC didn't go into a whole lot of detail, but it sounded like there were multiple calls and they lasted a long time. There was something the judge said when he verbally reprimanded RN to the effect that if AW calls you and you don't have caller ID, once you realize who is calling you, you're required to hang up immediately. I think after that AC said something about the calls were lengthy, so it wasn't as if RN didn't know it was AW. She did know and continued to talk to her for quite a while.

A video of the hearing should be up soon.

Yeah, RN knew who was calling, JMO. She was just using that as an excuse.

The judge and AC didn't go into a whole lot of detail, but it sounded like there were multiple calls and they lasted a long time. There was something the judge said when he verbally reprimanded RN to the effect that if AW calls you and you don't have caller ID, once you realize who is calling you, you're required to hang up immediately. I think after that AC said something about the calls were lengthy, so it wasn't as if RN didn't know it was AW. She did know and continued to talk to her for quite a while.

A video of the hearing should be up soon.
Ah, might explain AW's cracked shell look. They got caught, don't they record calls.... that would be a doosy of a screw up if they do :o
Would love to know if FW talks to RN in any way...

I notice FW said "the boys" but didn't mention AW at all - never does - bet she's blames AW for all this mess. jmo/moo

FREDERICKA WAGNER MSM QUOTES:

Matriarch of Wagner family accused in Pike County massacre spent decades building wealth

"...And she "passionately and fervently believes in the innocence of her son, her daughter-in-law and her two grandsons,” said her attorney, James Owen, at her arraignment earlier this month. “She’s a tough old bird and willing to express her opinions. … But right now, she’s presumed innocent.”

George Wagner trial postponed, grandmother stands by him

"George is innocent. My whole family is innocent. That’s all I have to say. It will all come out eventually,” Fredericka Wagner said after the hearing. “He’s lost a lot of weight. But he’s strong and he’s got a strong faith in God. So have I and so did Jacob. Our whole family and we just believe, I know Christ is with him. The boys are hanging on to Jesus and that’s what we’re going to keep on doing.”

Pike County murders: 5 things to know about latest developments

3. A grandmother said the family has nothing to do with the murders

Investigators searched the Wagner family’s current and former Ohio property — including grandmother Fredericka Wagner’s Flying W Farm — last month.

“They have nothing,” Fredericka Wagner said Tuesday in a Dayton Daily News interview. “Their searches have turned up zilch. Nothing. And they aren’t going to either because Jake had nothing to do with it.”

A matriarch's fight: Fredericka Wagner denies charges, allegations in Pike County mass murder

Fredericka Wagner bristled at the allegations against her family.
But Wagner said "she wonders about the accuracy of the investigation into her family, based on the errors that she said are evident in her case."

Wagner said "she told the grand jury the names of the people she suspected killed the Rhodens." As she spoke with The Plain Dealer, Wagner wouldn’t elaborate. But she repeatedly, and vehemently, "stressed the innocence of her family."

At one point, she pushed the issue, and said, “Go ahead and ask.” Then she responded to the question of whether her family was involved in the murders by quickly turning and grabbing the Bible and putting her hand on it.

“Absolutely not,” Wagner snapped. “None of us was even near that place
that night.”
( Then where were they?)

Wagner said "her family is innocent. She said she believes that cooperating informants provided erroneous information."

But if allegations are correct and her family did, in fact, commit the crimes, how would Wagner react?

“I wouldn’t stand up for them,” she said resolutely. “I would still love them. But I wouldn’t defend them. I wouldn’t in any way if I thought that. But I don’t believe that. "

“I believe with all my heart and soul that they didn’t do it.”

Last edited:
FREDERICKA WAGNER MSM QUOTES:

Matriarch of Wagner family accused in Pike County massacre spent decades building wealth

"...And she "passionately and fervently believes in the innocence of her son, her daughter-in-law and her two grandsons,” said her attorney, James Owen, at her arraignment earlier this month. “She’s a tough old bird and willing to express her opinions. … But right now, she’s presumed innocent.”

George Wagner trial postponed, grandmother stands by him

"George is innocent. My whole family is innocent. That’s all I have to say. It will all come out eventually,” Fredericka Wagner said after the hearing. “He’s lost a lot of weight. But he’s strong and he’s got a strong faith in God. So have I and so did Jacob. Our whole family and we just believe, I know Christ is with him. The boys are hanging on to Jesus and that’s what we’re going to keep on doing.”

Pike County murders: 5 things to know about latest developments

3. A grandmother said the family has nothing to do with the murders

Investigators searched the Wagner family’s current and former Ohio property — including grandmother Fredericka Wagner’s Flying W Farm — last month.

“They have nothing,” Fredericka Wagner said Tuesday in a Dayton Daily News interview. “Their searches have turned up zilch. Nothing. And they aren’t going to either because Jake had nothing to do with it.”

A matriarch's fight: Fredericka Wagner denies charges, allegations in Pike County mass murder

Fredericka Wagner bristled at the allegations against her family.
But Wagner said "she wonders about the accuracy of the investigation into her family, based on the errors that she said are evident in her case."

Wagner said "she told the grand jury the names of the people she suspected killed the Rhodens." As she spoke with The Plain Dealer, Wagner wouldn’t elaborate. But she repeatedly, and vehemently, "stressed the innocence of her family."

At one point, she pushed the issue, and said, “Go ahead and ask.” Then she responded to the question of whether her family was involved in the murders by quickly turning and grabbing the Bible and putting her hand on it.

“Absolutely not,” Wagner snapped. “None of us was even near that place that night.”

Wagner said "her family is innocent. She said she believes that cooperating informants provided erroneous information."

But if allegations are correct and her family did, in fact, commit the crimes, how would Wagner react?

“I wouldn’t stand up for them,” she said resolutely. “I would still love them. But I wouldn’t defend them. I wouldn’t in any way if I thought that. But I don’t believe that. "

“I believe with all my heart and soul that they didn’t do it.”

She always gets max media coverage, even back when she was trying to pawn off fake thoroughbred horses and other "pure bred" critters on unsuspecting buyers.

Maybe we need to teach the Rhodens and Manleys how to be media savvy. I'll volunteer to write and distribute their Media Advisories and Press Releases.

"None of us was ever near that place". Oh really? I wonder what she'll say when video evidence is played in court, showing her family creeping around the Rhoden homes the night of the murders?

What will she say when the recordings of their conversations are played? Texts, emails, hacking to plan, execute and cover up the murders of 8 innocent people?

Maybe she'll finally drop her mask and say what she really thinks about her family murdering the Rhodens and Hanna Gilley - that she thinks they "deserved it". Good Christian.

All JMO

Last edited:
She always gets max media coverage, even back when she was trying to pawn off fake thoroughbred horses and other "pure bred" critters on unsuspecting buyers.

Maybe we need to teach the Rhodens and Manleys how to be media savvy. I'll volunteer to write and distribute their Media Advisories and Press Releases.

You'd be good at it too!

"....At one point, she (Fred) pushed the issue, and said, “Go ahead and ask.” Then she responded to the question of whether her family was involved in the murders by quickly turning and grabbing the Bible and putting her hand on it.

that night.”

( Then where were they?) How would she know this?

Did she try to provide an alibi for all 4?

You'd be good at it too!

"....At one point, she (Fred) pushed the issue, and said, “Go ahead and ask.” Then she responded to the question of whether her family was involved in the murders by quickly turning and grabbing the Bible and putting her hand on it.

that night.”

( Then where were they?) How would she know this?

Did she try to provide an alibi for all 4?

From her past quotes and hints, it sounds like they think they can win by attacking witnesses. They'll probably accuse them of the murders. Remember, the defense doesn't have to prove any of their accusations. They can throw out any names they wish of people to falsely accuse.

JMO, that's their strategy this time - cherry pick evidence, try to discredit witnesses and throw out accusations about who they think killed the Rhodens. But they're not going to over come the evidence - video, audio, texts, phone calls, etc.

Fred should be careful about how much she reveals right now. She knows the prosecution is under gag order and can't talk about the case, so she's running her mouth. Let's hope she talks herself into a trap.

RN's hearing is posted on youtube.

Thanks Loomis...;)

Attorney wants charges dismissed against Pike County massacre suspect Rita Newcomb

Improper phone conversations topic of hearing - Portsmouth Daily Times

Pike County Murders: Prosecutors seek to revoke Rita Newcomb’s bond

Multiple media outlets have reported that prosecutors want her bond revoked because she has had conversations with her daughter, Angela Wagner, by phone.

"...Although she is currently free on house arrest, phone calls Newcomb allegedly made to her daughter, Angela Wagner, may cost the Newcomb her freedom between Aug. 28 and October.

“defendant engaged in behavior that is in violation of the condition of her bond. Following a request made at defendant’s January 10 pretrial hearing this court ordered ‘the defendant shall refrain from all contact directly or indirectly with… Angela Joe Wagner.’”

Last edited:

"None of us was ever near that place". Oh really? I wonder what she'll say when video evidence is played in court, showing her family creeping around the Rhoden homes the night of the murders?

What will she say when the recordings of their conversations are played? Texts, emails, hacking to plan, execute and cover up the murders of 8 innocent people?

Maybe she'll finally drop her mask and say what she really thinks about her family murdering the Rhodens and Hanna Gilley - that she thinks they "deserved it". Good Christian.

All JMO

Just where is "that place" she is referring to? McDonald's? New York City? North Pole? All places that would not be lies....lol

She didn't need the sunglasses under the bright lights making that video in her home. I don't think I've seen a pic of her with them previous to her being in the courtroom on TV...

All I posted was the reasoning she gave for the sunglasses being worn. I couldn't care less why she wears them, maybe she thinks she looks cool, or she believes lying eyes really can be hidden.

Replying to
@Angenette5
and
@Local12
Prosecutors say they have recorded phone calls from the Delaware County Jail in which Angela Wagner and her mom, Rita Newcomb had repeated contact. Newcomb said she does not have caller ID. Angie Canepa said these are lengthy talks - not incidental

Replying to
@Angenette5
and
@Local12
Judge Deering says he considers violating bond to be very serious. He says no contact means no contact and discussing cases is egregious. Motion hearing later on August 28.

Angenette Levy Verified......Angenette Levy | WKRC-TV (Cincinnati, OH) Journalist | Muck Rack
Emmy-nominated reporter at WKRC

Last edited:

Thanks! I guess that's the best her attorneys could come up with - indictment doesn't name where the forgery took place. Apparently in Scioto County, so they want charges dismissed and assume the charges will be brought in Scioto County?

I'm assuming the prosecutors already discussed the venue issue and have a reason for filing in Pike County. They knew RN lived in Scioto, as does FW.

Thanks! I guess that's the best her attorneys could come up with - indictment doesn't name where the forgery took place. Apparently in Scioto County, so they want charges dismissed and assume the charges will be brought in Scioto County?

I'm assuming the prosecutors already discussed the venue issue and have a reason for filing in Pike County. They knew RN lived in Scioto, as does FW.
Jmo FW does not live in Scioto County. She lives in Pike Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member