OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Rhoden (Sr) and Gary Rhoden found at 4077 Union Hill Rd.

Kenneth Rhoden found at Left Fork Rd.

Also this, from link, BBM:

“I think my brother-in-law is dead,” said a distraught caller speaking with a female 911 operator while gasping for breath. She said two men, Chris Rhoden and Gary Rhoden, at 4077 Union Hill Road appear to be dead.

“There’s blood all over the house. My brother-in-law is in the bedroom and it looks like someone has beat the hell out of him,” she said.

The call was placed at 7:49 a.m. Friday morning. The woman had driven to the house and discovered the horrifying scene.

“I think they are both dead,” she said.

A partial transcription of another 911 call -

“I need a deputy to come out to close to 799 Left Fork. It’s all that stuff that’s on the news. I just found my cousin with a gunshot wound,” a male caller said. He identified the man with a gunshot wound as Kenneth Rhoden.

So apparently at least one person was beaten as well as shot. I'm wondering if this address is where it all started.

So Kenneth Rhoden (the KR mentioned above) was indeed found at the 799 Left Fork location.

"“I need a deputy to come out to close to 799 Left Fork. It’s all that stuff that’s on the news. I just found my cousin with a gunshot wound,” a male caller said. He identified the man with a gunshot wound as Kenneth Rhoden."

The brother-in-law at 4077 Union Hill would have been Frankie Rhoden "Leonard Manley, who said he’s the father and grandfather of some of the victims, said one of his daughters discovered the bodies when she went to Union Hill Road to feed dogs and chickens, part of her normal routine." LM would be Hannah Hazel Gilley;s (Frankie's fiance/wife) father.

That would put CR1 at 4192 Union Hill and Dana at 31?? address.

The home is where two males were found dead, one of four locations where bodies were found Friday.
“There’s blood all over the house,” the woman can be heard saying during the 9-1-1 call.
She found the two male victims lying on the floor. She reported that no one else was in the home and broke into tears, according to the 9-1-1 recording."

Okay, this was not just the shot to the head executions, this was a fight at least in the one home if blood was all over. I'm starting to question the drug scenario. This seems like it's something different.

The first call was made from a woman at 7:49 a.m. at 4077 Union Hill Road, the site of the first shooting reported to law enforcement.
“There’s blood all over the house,” the caller tells an emergency dispatcher. “My brother-in-law is in the bedroom. It looks like (someone) beat the hell out of him.”

This would be Dana's sister making the 911 call probably, because Leonard said his daughter and grandchildren were among the victims. His daughter went to feed the animals.

I think it's very possible that whatever precipitated this mass murder started at the 4077 address. CR1 is beaten/murdered and GR beaten?/murdered, then the others were executed either as revenge, or they had knowledge of WHY CR1 & GR were murdered and were killed to silence them. imo

Is criminal histories of the victims fair game here? There is some family history here.

What stands out to me is JR carelessly used "He". Though I realize it is most likely a male that committed this crime, we don't know that as fact, and we don't know if it was a lone "He" or if others were involved. It just annoys me.
Wait, how did he know mother was breastfeeding when she was shot? I nursed all my kids and even at 4 days old they can turn their heads to latch on to the breast...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Wait, how did he know mother was breastfeeding when she was shot? I nursed all my kids and even at 4 days old they can turn their heads to latch on to the breast...

I read that as he meant she was a nursing mom, not that she was nursing at the time she was shot. Although it is possible.

Up to now I've had the family connections pretty straight in my head, but am lost here - are Chris sr, Kenneth and Gary all brothers?

I read that as he meant she was a nursing mom, not that she was nursing at the time she was shot. Although it is possible.
That's true. I'm just following everyone's posts atm, it's very confusing trying to separate all of the names. And then thinking about the kids makes it worse because to us they're just a jumble of initials, but to them they were everything.

I sure hope he does have information.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/04/23/1-piketon-folo.html#

As state crime agents and sheriff's deputies arrived at the municipal building to begin another long day investigating the slayings of eight people, an excited man pulled up and jumped from his car.

"I've got some information these cops might want to know," he told a crowd of reporters.

And a deputy quickly sent him inside to talk to authorities. That's life in Pike County this Saturday morning like no other: Everyone is searching for information and answers.

Does anyone want to start a family tree? My Word is not working or I would.

Chris, the father, is brother to Kenneth who was killed in his home down the road. Chris' nephew Gary was killed in the mobile home with Chris, unless the media's messed it up again. The FBI says usually a family member that's mass killed their family kills themselves, and it seems there would've been an arrest already. I imagine they're checking homes and surrounding woods, unless they already know or have an idea of what happened.

It sounds like it is someone local. Since one person is beat up,there is a chance DNA evidence is left on the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm