OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was confirmed that Dana was on SM at 2:50AM? I read an article here. It was on one of the first threads. And she just got off of work at 11PM. She would have just gotten home and settled. JMO they occurred just before daybreak. Since Chris Sr's neighbor supposedly heard gunshots around 5ish AM.

It was taken from a gossip site so hence, is not considers as fact nor are we supposed to discuss it.

Yes as someone pointed out it was removed due to not being a MSM source but if you google it, you should be able to find the blog where the comment was made. The man posted under his real name and sleuthers here were able to verify he does indeed have property adjacent to the Rhodens.

This is helpful then IMO. If we want to choose to believe the story then we have a pretty good idea of the timeframe of the shootings.

Its interesting to me because I am surprised the shooters took a risk of shooting everyone as it got somewhat close to morning daybreak.
Farmers and other people like hunters get up pretty early and so the shooters took quite a risk at that timeframe. And if the story is true it means they really were heard by a witness.

That witness must have realized something was up too because of the number of shots. Because when turkey hunting you would usually only shoot maybe 1 to 3 rounds or so. If that witness heard so many shots then he had to know something bizarre was going on.
I could understand him not wanting to leave his spot to go investigate either though. Because when you take the time to get all setup for turkey hunting then you typically don't let anything ruin your hunt. He may have wanted to go investigate but he was more interested in trying to bag a gobbler and that's understandable to me.

Yeah I've found parts of the conversation in thread 4 around page 54ish, but can't find any links. I don't know why I thought there were links. Then again, thread 4 was a really long time ago.

There were links. It was in the comments section of a news report so again, it violates the TOS here to discuss it. There was a post from a mod specifically saying that we could not discuss it.

Anyone know if Gary was ever married ? JMO
No. I don't believe he was ever married according to this.

"Gary Dwayne Rhoden, 38

Date of birth: Dec. 19, 1977

Marital status: Unknown

Parents: Kenneth Rhoden (current wife, Ruth) and mother, Mae Diane Stewart Leadingham (current husband, James), none of whom were involved in the shootings

Siblings: James Rhoden and Kenny Rhoden, both of Kentucky and neither of whom were involved in the shootings

Children: None known"

http://m.daytondailynews.com/news/n...shooting-victims-a-closer-look-at-the-/nrD5P/

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The "I they can live with it, I can too." to be puzzling. It's a strange thing to say. It almost makes me think he suspects who did it and has realized it is family that he loves. And he had spoke of believing in revenge previously but now speaks of having no revenge in his heart. It just makes me wonder if he has had to come to terms with suspecting it is someone close to him and he can't bear to lose them too. Just a really strange interview.

on another note, I was watching some videos tonight and ran across this one. What I found particularly interesting in it was what the man they interviewed had to say. He very specifically mentions one of them being shot 9 times....with a shotgun". Now, up until now I have heard no one, including the media say what kind of a gun was used. And he threw that in there so "matter of fact". Not sure if he really knows that or is going by rumors around the community, or just misunderstood the media to say that when they only said "9 gunshots". Sometimes people hear things that aren't there. But, it sure jumped out at me and I found it very interesting.

[video=youtu;xKFt1u5O6hc]http://youtu.be/xKFt1u5O6hc[/video]

The reason I posted only this one quote is 'if I cobbled all the quotes and comments individually' it would be the length of Moby Dick and probably split the fine line of how waling and Greenpeace have shaped the modern world.

So,keeping within the scope of my 'condensed' cough,cough contribution is LM comments 'live with it'(quote)and the separate neighbors comment (video)about a victim having 9 gunshot wounds.

Theory
Earlier,it was posted a neighbor in the 5AM range -heard gunshots. I believe inside the small town hearing gunshots has been openly discussed. So,although there is no confirmation from LE -within the small community neighbors did heard the gunshots the morning of the execution of the Roden's.(My theory)

Next;I sequenced and organized each victim according to clues.

The three the I have the most questions about are HG,HR and DR.

DR and HR have the most viotile & complicated relationships. Simply,because HG and FR Have been in long term committed relationship

Now,I can speak as to how in a small town the 'families' are too involved in each other's lives. My family is from the Mississippi Deltal. Generations of extended family live within miles of one another or even with one another off and on.(big hint)When you get family members living in the pockets of other family members well it's volital.

Its simple too many people with too many personal romantic,business and genetic ties living too close togeather.

Now,it's not too hard to imagine the complication of cash,romantic involvements & the family business of running a 'pot' business,the buying & refurbishing of demolition/other vehicles for resale,breeding roosters and dogs all mixed togeather & how that could make for a best selling novel.I am not trivializing the horrendous execution of an entire family but attempting to characterize the tragic consequences of the who and why.

My theory was a feud based on all/any of the above is what-cumulated in the slaughter. No,outsiders all an inside job. I could say much much more but TOS rules regarding sleuthing prevents elaboration. *

If you construct a flow chart of the victims and consider LE clues i.e.an inside job then it becomes easier.

I could be be wrong and frequently have been. Just my thoughts.

*It is so hard not to say more.But,reread the threads 'some sleuthers' totally laid it out for me.

:cow:

Speculation
Sometime yesterday, I began to see the real possibility of Family. An inside job.

The obvious question is if you were in the woods, 1) how can you pinpoint the time you heard the gunfire and what made you remember it this morning it if it happens all the time, 2) did you immediately notify police when you heard about the murders or did you just decide to blog about it instead, and 3) how do you know it was not another hunter getting an early start or just some rowdies with their new NVG doin' a little insensitive plinking?

Taking finals today, anything new since last night? You all solved it, right?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The obvious question is if you were in the woods, 1) how can you pinpoint the time you heard the gunfire and what made you remember it this morning it if it happens all the time, 2) did you immediately notify police when you heard about the murders or did you just decide to blog about it instead, and 3) how do you know it was not another hunter getting an early start or just some rowdies with their new NVG doin' a little insensitive plinking?

I'm fairly confident that LE has interviewed the turkey hunter guy. I get the impression that at the time he didn't think anything of hearing gunshots or one, but after he learned about the massacre he thought that it might be relevant. JMO

No. I don't believe he was ever married according to this.

"Gary Dwayne Rhoden, 38

Date of birth: Dec. 19, 1977

Marital status: Unknown

Parents: Kenneth Rhoden (current wife, Ruth) and mother, Mae Diane Stewart Leadingham (current husband, James), none of whom were involved in the shootings

Siblings: James Rhoden and Kenny Rhoden, both of Kentucky and neither of whom were involved in the shootings

Children: None known"

http://m.daytondailynews.com/news/n...shooting-victims-a-closer-look-at-the-/nrD5P/

Gary was married at least once that I know of. This is from FB sleuthing. Someone specifically mentions being previously married to him.

Most was deleted. We were scolded for using a non main stream source & it was deleted.
Although professionally written, it was considered a blog. The person who made the statement "before sunrise" was
verified as a nearby land owner. If this explanation is against rules, pls. Delete

Gotcha! That's why I couldn't find much, but I knew I had read it. My bad, I didn't know it was a banned topic...I never saw that part. Sorry for bringing it up. :(

If LE proves a 22 Magnum was used for some of the murders then this actually maybe very important. And here is why. Starting with some background.

I am familiar with most weapons as I have quite a few and even have both a 22 rifle and 22 pistol but this term "22 Magnum" stumped me because I have not heard it used often. The more common "22 Long" is what I thought we were talking about but come to find out there really is a bullet called "22 Magnum" which is actually different than a 22 long and I feel a lot less common than your standard 22.

The link below describes all about it.
When people say a 22 , they are usually meaning a standard .22 caliber round which comes in TWO different forms. Either a .22 Short or a .22 Long. Both have the exact same diameter shell and the difference is in length of shell casing and not diameter. The 22 long round is a little longer and has more gunpowder and has more velocity than a 22 Short round.

There are both pistols and rifles that shoot the standard 22 rounds. A 22 long capable gun can usually shoot a 22 short round but not the other way around. A 22 short capable gun that is made for 22 shorts cannot normally shoot a 22 long round. This is because of the length of the shell.

Now the interesting thing is this 22 Magnum shell which was brought up and which I was not familiar with. So I am assuming it is less common as the normal 22 rounds since I also dont know anybody that has one either. The link describes them and they are more powerful than the 22 Long shell and have an even longer shell than a 22 long. So they have the most gunpowder of all of them.

So the interesting thing about the 22 Magnum is if LE determines that it was used in the shootings then I think this could help LE tremendously since they are not nearly as common as far as people owning them as your standard 22 long or 22 short.
22 Magnum rounds are also referred to as 22 WMR rounds because they were manufactured by Winchester and I think the WMR stands for Winchester Magnum Round.

Hope some of this helps. If not then at least we learned about the 22 magnum round. LOL :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_Winchester_Magnum_Rimfire

WMR is Winchester Magnum Rimfire. I used to have a nice rifle chambered in that round...wish I still had it. It's not particularly powerful but is good for squirrels and rabbits, or woodchucks in the right circumstance.

It's not very common, having been caught with one previously and using it in this case would be really stupid, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Totally off topic! Why is turkey hunting season in April? Thanksgiving isn't until November! I'd have to eat turkey on Independence day or Labor day! By Thanksgiving that bird would be freezer burnt! -kidding

-sorry... There has to be a reason. I am clueless as to why the season is when it is. (Yes, I know it has nothing to do with "Thanksgiving") Are they breeding in April?
I haven't tried to google an answer, maybe I should.
MOO

OT: I will never get anything done since uninstalled this Tapatalk app to follow this case on here. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are we supposed to be getting stuff done?? [emoji5]

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

1: thought to yourself, "seems early to be shooting at birds", check phone for time. Yep, it's too early.
2: It was a comment on a blog from an alleged brother to the hunter, which is why it can't be linked. There is no way to verify it.
3: You wouldn't.

The only reason it seemed legit was because it contained proper spelling and grammar, IMO. It could be a very important piece of information regarding the timeline, or it could be completely made up by someone bored on the internet.

Speculation
Sometime yesterday, I began to see the real possibility of Family. An inside job.

JMO - I am leaning HARD toward a family friend. From everything that has come to light, they were involved "business wise" in a lot of areas with a long time family friend. There's a huge chance things went south, but the family trusted this person and never suspected them to be capable of this. It's just all adding up and it's my opinion that this person is being linked to the cars being towed for examination.

Whomever did this knew their life, their patterns, their schedules, etc. So either they were hardcore stalked for a while or this person already knew everything about them. Its my opinion that this person had someone complete the hit.

I don't think I'm allowed to name who I think is involved, but it's my opinion that it's a long time friend of the family. And the relationship began with Chris Sr.

JMO

Speculation

I am confident in only one thing in this case. When they arrest someone, I will almost certainly be able to say with complete honesty that I had considered them/their motive as the most likely at one point.

WMR is Winchester Magnum Rimfire. I used to have a nice rifle chambered in that round...wish I still had it. It's not particularly powerful but is good for squirrels and rabbits, or woodchucks in the right circumstance.

It's not very common, having been caught with one previously and using it in this case would be really stupid, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Thanks as I wondered what the letters WMR stood for. Winchester developed the round originally. But of course other manufacturers now also make the round like Hornady which has become a really popular ammunition manufacturer.

I don't have any weapons that can handle the 22 WMR but I do have a 22 Long rifle and a 22 Long pistol which I like both of them for target shooting. One of the links about the 22 WMR said it can do damage similar to a .380 which surprised me. Its a fast round that can travel over 2000 FPS (feet per second). I suppose the velocity is what makes it effective.

As you already know its usually too small for personal protection or to use for something like these shootings but if someone already happened to own one he may have brought it along if he didn't have a better weapon more suitable for murdering a bunch of people.

Most people know that even smaller bullets can kill you if hit in the right place. If LE determines the 22 WMR was used then it may explain why multiple shots were used on a lot of the people. The person may have had to fire multiple rounds to kill them if he used the 22 WMR.

Are we supposed to be getting stuff done?? [emoji5]

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Im getting a few things accomplished.
I have made a strict rule for myself.
I can not post or look at a new page until I get some stuff done.
hehhehh...
Don't ask for my definition of "get some stuff done"...

And some days you hold a branch out and it's beat the hell out of. life. suck it up....Truely some iteresting family. May God hold you all together. RIP/RIH dk

This caught my eye "some days you hold out a branch and it beats the hell out of...life". And you mentioned you have a sister in Peebles. So, is the local word that they were killed as a result of trying to help someone out, or somehow as a result of giving someone a job/ home, that sort of thing? Or am I just reading too much into your comment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn