OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary was married at least once that I know of. This is from FB sleuthing. Someone specifically mentions being previously married to him.
😢 well poo. That's sad.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Ok. I am having a heck of a time trying to keep up with all the threads. But I am wondering if whoever pulled the murders off were looking for something (cash/drugs)and that something was at Kenny's which is why he was so far away and possibly was the last one killed. Would make sense why he was the one that had all the security. MOO

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

No. I don't believe he was ever married according to this.

"Gary Dwayne Rhoden, 38

Date of birth: Dec. 19, 1977

Marital status: Unknown

Parents: Kenneth Rhoden (current wife, Ruth) and mother, Mae Diane Stewart Leadingham (current husband, James), none of whom were involved in the shootings

Siblings: James Rhoden and Kenny Rhoden, both of Kentucky and neither of whom were involved in the shootings

Children: None known"

http://m.daytondailynews.com/news/n...shooting-victims-a-closer-look-at-the-/nrD5P/

I found a record for a divorce in OHIO, Scioto County, of a person named Gary Rhoden born in 1977 on 12/11/2003. The marriage lasted 1 year.

I think he may have married (and perhaps divorced) a second time. One person claimed him as her husband on social media. I am trying to verify this.

The obvious question is if you were in the woods, 1) how can you pinpoint the time you heard the gunfire and what made you remember it this morning it if it happens all the time, 2) did you immediately notify police when you heard about the murders or did you just decide to blog about it instead, and 3) how do you know it was not another hunter getting an early start or just some rowdies with their new NVG doin' a little insensitive plinking?
Gunshots are common in my region but, still, when it's especially quiet outside, you may tend to take note of at least the first one. Maybe notice the general time based, like the hunter, on what you were doing. He noticed it was too early to be shooting turkey, but probably that's all. Then later when he heard about the murders, he called in a tip. Jmo.

Gary was married at least once that I know of. This is from FB sleuthing. Someone specifically mentions being previously married to him.
If it's who I'm thinking, it only lasted about a year.

Can you elaborate, or would it be against TOS?

I think against TOS.
Since so little info. has been released, it limits discussion.
TOS are understandable and necessary.
But now, discussion seems at a road block.
Although, I guess I can say some family members are notably absent/silent and another talks too much.

I think against TOS.
Since so little info. has been released, it limits discussion.
TOS are understandable and necessary.
But now, discussion seems at a road block.
Although, I guess I can say some family members are notably absent/silent and another talks too much.
Thank you! Makes sense! And yes, I try not to post too much, because most of what I have is pure speculation. I just hope that we will someday know who did this...

JMO - I am leaning HARD toward a family friend. From everything that has come to light, they were involved "business wise" in a lot of areas with a long time family friend. There's a huge chance things went south, but the family trusted this person and never suspected them to be capable of this. It's just all adding up and it's my opinion that this person is being linked to the cars being towed for examination.

Whomever did this knew their life, their patterns, their schedules, etc. So either they were hardcore stalked for a while or this person already knew everything about them. Its my opinion that this person had someone complete the hit.

I don't think I'm allowed to name who I think is involved, but it's my opinion that it's a long time friend of the family. And the relationship began with Chris Sr.

JMO
I follow the idea of that family friend, and think very unusual things are going on there, but have not been
speculating further. You could be right.

The he big flaw in my current speculation about inside job is that the "short term solution" that the perp(s)
accomplished, makes NO SENSE "long term".
Just speculating.
If in the end, this is not " inside" I will feel awful about my current thoughts, but ultimately RELIEVED.

This is helpful then IMO. If we want to choose to believe the story then we have a pretty good idea of the timeframe of the shootings.

Its interesting to me because I am surprised the shooters took a risk of shooting everyone as it got somewhat close to morning daybreak.
Farmers and other people like hunters get up pretty early and so the shooters took quite a risk at that timeframe. And if the story is true it means they really were heard by a witness.

That witness must have realized something was up too because of the number of shots. Because when turkey hunting you would usually only shoot maybe 1 to 3 rounds or so. If that witness heard so many shots then he had to know something bizarre was going on.
I could understand him not wanting to leave his spot to go investigate either though. Because when you take the time to get all setup for turkey hunting then you typically don't let anything ruin your hunt. He may have wanted to go investigate but he was more interested in trying to bag a gobbler and that's understandable to me.

BBM- yeah and if there were 31 shots fired between 3 homes (assuming KR was shot once further away) averaging 10 shots each you would wonder what the heck kind of turkey is that?

In Ohio, is information such as depositions, motions, arrest info, etc. released to the public like in Florida? Thanks.

BBM- yeah and if there were 31 shots fired between 3 homes (assuming KR was shot once further away) averaging 10 shots each you would wonder what the heck kind of turkey is that?
Turkeys are MEAN BUGGERS! I had one in my driveway that wouldn't let my friend get out of her car!! She called me from her cell phone and I thought she was joking.
That turkey was coming at her wings spread and trying to bite her knees!!! It was really funny seek g it from my side. She was freaked out! I let the dogs out and POOF the turkey ran away!

In all seriousness 3 shots to kill a turkey max. Not31.
MOO

Turkeys are MEAN BUGGERS! I had one in my driveway that wouldn't let my friend get out of her car!! She called me from her cell phone and I thought she was joking.
That turkey was coming at her wings spread and trying to bite her knees!!! It was really funny seek g it from my side. She was freaked out! I let the dogs out and POOF the turkey ran away!

In all seriousness 3 shots to kill a turkey max. Not31.
MOO

your only getting one shot at a wild turkey. Once that first one goes off if it's not down your chances of getting another shot at it are almost zero.

I have been following this case since the day it happened. I have read and analyzed all 9 1/2 threads. I really have absolutely NO idea who committed this atrocity, but I do have some random thoughts. Just a few comments:

1) I don't know much about derby cars, turkey hunting, pot growing, or shotguns/rifles/handguns, but I do know children. There were three children present during these shootings, a 3 year old, a 6 month old, and a brand new infant. I can see the 3 yo sleeping thru some of the shots, even thru the night. But that infant and 6 mo old would have been crying -- screaming eventually -- for something to eat and a dry diaper. And I bet the noise from the gun would've woke them. This is part of the reason I tend to lean toward the idea that the crime happened closer to daylight rather than earlier in the night. I am also shocked that no one has mentioned in what condition the children were found. It's been foremost in my mind. Wouldn't they have been screaming, wet/dirty, possibly covered in blood, and (the 3 yo) traumatized immensely? The situation with the little ones is also why I believe BJM found more than just CRSr and Gary. She would've heard those babies screaming, I think. And, unless extremely cold-hearted and involved, she would've had to pick them up to calm them. (And even if involved, the children were spared. So what does that signify???) Now I know there was some distance between the trailers, but knowing there were little ones around, I believe she or some family members she called would have checked on those tikes. And it's up in the air for me whether the 3yo may have any info. Surely, 3yo's can be extremely verbal and he could recount a lot but he may've slept thru the chaos. They can sleep HARD at that age. Anyway, I'd just like a little more explanation as to when and in what condition those kids were found.

2) I've imagined how this situation could've gone down numerous times. I thoroughly believe the killers sneaked up on the victims and the shootings happened simultaneously. I am completely stumped on the amount of gunshots, however, I do believe the first two (BIG) men found would've attempted to fight back and may have been shot/beaten up in an attempt to garner information. Again, b/c of the children, I believe FR and his girlfriend were shot in their sleep. Also, am thinking the timeline is closer to daylight b/c Dana would've been asleep by then (home from work 11:30 p or thereabouts and prob on her computer, showering, having something to eat, etc. before going to bed), easier to sneak in on that household and subdue them.

As I said, just organizing my thoughts in writing by conveying random thoughts. Hoping and praying for arrests swiftly. As one poster above said, I hate to see more bloodshed b/c of revenge from family or just more evil on the minds of these murderers.

Just thinking out loud here, but if LE has taken cars from the property, and there were so many salvage title vehicles being sold on Facebook, I wonder if they have contacted NCIB who has the most extensive database regarding stolen/appropriated vehicles.

This case has me completely baffled. Not one thing makes sense, and here we are 2 weeks in and no arrests, and no real information coming from the AG's office. It seems like they are doing more posturing than reassuring the community that this case will be solved. JMO, of course.

your only getting one shot at a wild turkey. Once that first one goes off if it's not down your chances of getting another shot at it are almost zero.
Ok I understand. I get mine at Ingle's nice and frozen!!!

I'm trying to think of a way the majority of the family could've been drugged in order for them to sleep through the gunshots and possible screaming and fighting.

I'm trying to think of a way the majority of the family could've been drugged in order for them to sleep through the gunshots and possible screaming and fighting.

I've wondered if perhaps some of them were up drinking late Thursday night.

Just thinking out loud here, but if LE has taken cars from the property, and there were so many salvage title vehicles being sold on Facebook, I wonder if they have contacted NCIB who has the most extensive database regarding stolen/appropriated vehicles.

This case has me completely baffled. Not one thing makes sense, and here we are 2 weeks in and no arrests, and no real information coming from the AG's office. It seems like they are doing more posturing than reassuring the community that this case will be solved. JMO, of course.

Agreed. I never would have imagined so much time would pass without an arrest.

Hi Pearline :fence:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member