OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While we don't know exactly what time the murders took place, I would suggest that it was closer to midnight than the time of their discovery. Reviewing the video footage, the officers displayed no sense of urgency. They did their work at a slow, methodical pace. Rescue personnel were posted away from the scene. This leads me to believe that evidence at the scenes showed that the victims had been deceased for quite some time with no hopes of being revived. If the blood was fresh and bodies somewhat warm, even without a pulse, there could be some hope of reviving them or getting them to a medical facility. My conclusion is this probably happened earlier than later.

Re: towing of the vehicles- are they thinking the perp(s) hid in one or more of the vehicles around the property and then waited to strike at a given time? Dana's late work-night must have thrown them off. :lurk:

I totally thought about this and then I realized - lots of dealers, etc use reselling old cars to launder money.

So bear with me on this train of thought. Dana sold a lot of cars on FB sites, etc. Looks like the boys would take cars, rebuild them into reselling condition and then Dana would sell them. So what if they were the "work horses" and someone else was supplying the cars??!? Maybe, just maybe...the police are linking some of those vehicles with a certain person. If they can make the link and prove that the person was supplying the cars and they've already linked them to other dealings with the Rhodens - that's just more evidence that they were more heavily involved than they are saying.

JMO

I agree with the analysis around the likely time that the murders took place. My theory is that there was a mid-night visitation for supplies by somebody they knew well and it turned sour OR somebody came around to collect a debt / or new there was a bundle of cash or stash for the taking.

I thought it was confirmed that Dana was on SM at 2:50AM? I read an article here. It was on one of the first threads. And she just got off of work at 11PM. She would have just gotten home and settled. JMO they occurred just before daybreak. Since Chris Sr's neighbor supposedly heard gunshots around 5ish AM.

I have a hunch that the murder weapon/s and other physical evidence were dumped in the Scioto River ... JMO.

I must have missed that about the neighbour supposedly hearing gunshots around 5-ish in the morning. Do you have a link for this, pse ??

I thought it was confirmed that Dana was on SM at 2:50AM? I read an article here. It was on one of the first threads. And she just got off of work at 11PM. She would have just gotten home and settled. JMO they occurred just before daybreak. Since Chris Sr's neighbor supposedly heard gunshots around 5ish AM.
If she hadn't logged off anyone could add a post so it looked like she was on FB, even if she had been dead an hour.
Unlikely, but possible. MOO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I must have missed that about the neighbour supposedly hearing gunshots around 5-ish in the morning. Do you have a link for this, pse ??

Let me look, it was a neighbor who was at his cabin turkey hunting or something like that. The link was posted here. Let me look around to see if I can find it.

There was an account - supposedly from a "hunter" who was in the woods at 4 a.m. - of hearing gunshots. You can make of it what you will. I am skeptical of a hunter at 4 a.m. since Spring Turkey season precludes "hunting" until a half-hour before local sunrise. I never saw a firm link to it - just a friend of a friend type of thing. Maybe there is a link but it also raises the question if the gunfire could be heard in the woods, then it would have been loud enough to be heard in adjoining trailers or even by neighbors.

There was an account - supposedly from a "hunter" who was in the woods at 4 a.m. - of hearing gunshots. You can make of it what you will. I am skeptical of a hunter at 4 a.m. since Spring Turkey season precludes "hunting" until a half-hour before local sunrise. I never saw a firm link to it - just a friend of a friend type of thing. Maybe there is a link but it also raises the question if the gunfire could be heard in the woods, then it would have been loud enough to be heard in adjoining trailers or even by neighbors.

Yeah I've found parts of the conversation in thread 4 around page 54ish, but can't find any links. I don't know why I thought there were links. Then again, thread 4 was a really long time ago.

Regarding the medical company that was set up in 2009. The year 2009 stands out in my mind as in 2010 PPACA (Obamacare) awarded many millions to many private companies, some of which were very newly founded and who had some sort of connection to healthcare. It was a fast and furious process.

I hear you! My kids have a friend with relatives in the general area. I am "mutual friends" on facebook with a family member and several other family "friends" or relatives.
I really want this solved. Selfish? Yeah, a little! (OK- A lot) I don't want anyone that I even barely know to be involved or connected what so ever!
It bothers me tremendously!
MOO

Agree that this needs solved yesterday by LE and arrests need to be made quickly.

There is still danger to others until arrests are made. Think about if there had been any friends or associates staying over any of the houses at the time of the murders then others could have been killed too. This is why it is so important that LE make arrests in this case.

We don't want any revenge killings or anybody else dying over this and the longer this goes on without an arrest the more danger that someone is going to take matters into their own hands.

Yeah I've found parts of the conversation in thread 4 around page 54ish, but can't find any links. I don't know why I thought there were links. Then again, thread 4 was a really long time ago.

Most was deleted. We were scolded for using a non main stream source & it was deleted.
Although professionally written, it was considered a blog. The person who made the statement "before sunrise" was
verified as a nearby land owner. If this explanation is against rules, pls. Delete

JMO
Ive been turkey hunting before and I typically like to be in the woods well before sunrise and get in my station (ground blind) and be all setup before sunrise. So I think the story about the hunter could be true.
The reason you go early is because you don't want to be trampling around when turkeys fly down from their nighttime sleeping roosts which are in tops of trees. They call it the "fly down". So you really want to be already out in the woods very early before sunrise.

So I think there may be some truth to the story about the hunter hearing the shots. I haven't seen the article or story about it though.

As far as neighbors hearing the shots I am not sure if there were any neighbors that close to them. I live in a rural area where gunshots are going off fairly regularly and when I am inside I typically only hear shots if they are very close like my neighbors shooting. If they are down the block shooting then I typically don't hear the shots when inside. And if people are sleeping inside a house a ways away from their house then I could understand if they didn't hear anything because when you are sound asleep you may not notice the sound loud enough to wake up from a sound sleep.

So the bottom line is I give some credence to the story about the hunter hearing the shots.

JMO
Ive been turkey hunting before and I typically like to be in the woods well before sunrise and get in my station (ground blind) and be all setup before sunrise. So I think the story about the hunter could be true.
The reason you go early is because you don't want to be trampling around when turkeys fly down from their nighttime sleeping roosts which are in tops of trees. They call it the "fly down". So you really want to be already out in the woods very early before sunrise.

So I think there may be some truth to the story about the hunter hearing the shots. I haven't seen the article or story about it though.

As far as neighbors hearing the shots I am not sure if there were any neighbors that close to them. I live in a rural area where gunshots are going off fairly regularly and when I am inside I typically only hear shots if they are very close like my neighbors shooting. If they are down the block shooting then I typically don't hear the shots when inside. And if people are sleeping inside a house a ways away from their house then I could understand if they didn't hear anything because when you are sound asleep you may not notice the sound loud enough to wake up from a sound sleep.

So the bottom line is I give some credence to the story about the hunter hearing the shots.

Agree with getting in the woods early. My brothers are avid hunters and it is pretty routine to get up and put in the woods before daybreak.

Just going on public statements, the fact that Bobby Jo and the deputies both describe seeing "large" amounts of blood in the front room of the mobile home they initially entered would suggest something larger than a .22 or 22 magnum was also in play.

OT: I will never get anything done since uninstalled this Tapatalk app to follow this case on here. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if Gary was ever married ? JMO

Yes as someone pointed out it was removed due to not being a MSM source but if you google it, you should be able to find the blog where the comment was made. The man posted under his real name and sleuthers here were able to verify he does indeed have property adjacent to the Rhodens.

Anyone know if Gary was ever married ? JMO
I'm not sure. Do they mention ex spouses in obits? I'll do some digging.

Some posts have been removed. Reason: discussion and sleuthing of persons not named by LE as suspects or POIs

But then you all knew that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members