OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not seen it reported anywhere that these other 2 people were actually "in the house" with her when she discovered the bodies. Still not a reason to have not heard about them though.

I don't know if it's been "confirmed" or not, but I think it's pretty much accepted that BJM called her Dad at some point. Word spreads quick, and I'm sure someone wanted to let DR know her Ex had been murdered, and also let the kids know their Dad had been murdered.

I really don't find it odd. Tell a couple of people something, then they tell someone something, and then others read accounts in the paper, etc....then ask all of them what happened and they'll all tell something different. Ever play the game in school where you tell the first kid something, and by the time it gets to the last kid it's totally different?

Three people there--any one of them could have called just about anyone.

I find that very interesting.
I do too....maybe Kenneth and CRSR have always defended dad and at least HR seems to have been very close to him..would someone kill to protect the grandkids feeling their parents/grandparents are not capable and willing to protect them?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Both 911 calls, when released mentioned only BJM & Donald had called. On the Justice for the Rhoden Family fb page, it was mentioned others were with BJM & Donald's last interview mentioned "they" meaning Luke, KR's son was with him. They were the two that did make the calls that morning.

Clarence Rhoden's prison admission date was 4/7/1998 for sexual battery, just over 18 years ago. I don't know the age of his victim or when exactly the crime was committed, but that might give someone a motive to wipe out the entire family ... a revenge killing long in the making? Not sure if this theory brought up in any of the hundreds (thousands?) of prior forum posts?

Can you run with this theory a little? Why not kill Clarence way back when? What do you think might be a set of circumstances that would have a revenge killing 8 years after the abuser died? I'm just picking your brain.

On this map, starting with LMs place from the left, the DRs, then CR1s and FRs, we have KRs place at the bottom right of the four, and 70 Millers Lane at the top right. They all lived i the same area, Ohio-wise. Not unusal, I guess.

http://imgur.com/swMjOX4
A Cat Paw came up on that map!
Regarding the property, I wondered if it was a part of the R's Business Enterprises.
Wondered if anything was going on there.
Though it would be natural to look closely at all properties.
Thanks for the responses.

It could be BJM didn't want to reveal who was with her out of fear for their lives. It's bad enough she is involved IMO

Who ever did this has no qualms in murdering people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/pike-county-homes-being-moved-to-preserve-crime-scene

WAVERLY, Ohio The mobile homes where eight members of the Rhoden family were murdered last month are in the process of being moved.

The work started Thursday. Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader expect it to take several days to get the homes to the investigation command center in Waverly.

The court approved the transport of the homes to allow the crime scenes to stay in their present condition and help with the investigation and prosecution.

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/pike-county-homes-being-moved-to-preserve-crime-scene

WAVERLY, Ohio The mobile homes where eight members of the Rhoden family were murdered last month are in the process of being moved.

The work started Thursday. Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader expect it to take several days to get the homes to the investigation command center in Waverly.

The court approved the transport of the homes to allow the crime scenes to stay in their present condition and help with the investigation and prosecution.
Interesting. Seems like they want to make sure there are no slip-ups in the prosecution. They don't want to only rely on photos, but want the actual crime scene intact. Not sure I've ever heard of anyone going to the extremes that these prosecutor's are.

For convenience, I'm extracting relevant info about the people with BJM on the morning of April 22.

http://www.11alive.com/mb/news/nati...-not-leaving-those-babies-in-there_/187014884

She had a friend and his wife with her when she pulled into the driveway. She left her cellphone charging in the car and went up to the trailer.

She said she ran out of the trailer, crying. Manley thinks she was screaming: “Get me my phone, get my phone.” She called 911 at 7:49 a.m....

Manley said she thinks one of the people in her car may have followed her into one of the trailers, but she's not sure which one or what they saw. She said she can't remember many details after the discoveries, including how her older brother, James Manley, came to find their sister Dana Rhoden dead in her trailer, which is north of the other two trailers on Union Hill Road.

Bobby Jo Manley said she, her brother and his son as well as the two people who were with her that morning were taken to be questioned.

That doesn't specify when they were "taken" for questioning, but I'm wondering if it might be the 3:41 am thing?

It's followed by this:

They took her shirt and her pants and her shoes. They took her fingerprints and swabbed the inside of her mouth, presumably for her DNA, she said.

She said she understands why they had to do that; but she said she was startled by the question of a Pike County prosecutor's investigator.

"He asked me: 'How much did someone pay you to kill your family?'" Manley said, again tearing up.

It isn't clear to me if those last things were necessarily linear events with being "taken" for questioning.

I would think all three in BJM's car that morning would been questioned immediately, as well as JM and whoever else responding officers encountered at the crime scenes.

Perhaps they were and the 3:41 am thing was a follow-up and when they were asked for formal statements?

I think it's a reasonable assumption that clothing, DNA samples, etc. would (or should) have also been taken from everyone who was at a crime scene when law enforcement first arrived at those scenes.

Huh? This is odd IMO.
Scratching head...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Very odd! CRSrs mobile home looks like it might not even make the trip and stay together.

So much for keeping crimes scenes intact. A defense attorney, if one is ever hired and charges are filed, will get traction on that.

Very convenient for LE that these are "mobile'" homes. It is odd, but smart. And who knows what may be found underneath? Probably just a lot of soil.

Seems that would be nearly impossible with the one Dana was in. That addition on the back goes over the roof of the mobile home...

I've been lurking and following this thread since #1 and diligently reading but I've never posted before so please bear with me. First of all, I've seen some very good questions that I too would like answered and some very plausible theories about what could've happened. I would like to say I have formulated my own theory but there are just too many missing puzzle pieces for me to say with confidence what I believe could have happened.

In light of the recently posted article written by Chris Graves about BJM's account of what happened, I actually find myself with even MORE questions than before. It may that I've just been thinking way too hard about this case over the past couple of weeks but I find it very odd that we've heard no confirmed mention of two other adults being with BJM until this article. Why would that not have been brought up before if there was nothing to it? Why not report that BJM and two other individuals were present upon the discovery of the bodies? I would have at least thought LM would've said it, since he was a well of information (however accurate/inaccurate he was) in his interviews at first. One could speculate he didn't know, but he knew enough about what BJM saw that I would think he would know that his daughter wasn't alone.

I don't know what relevance it has; maybe none at all. I just think it's weird. I also wonder how DR/BJM's brother knew to go to DR's unless BJM called him at some point between finding the four and police arriving and told him to check on her. I may have missed that explanation. It's just not all adding up, IMO.

I don't believe that BJM murdered her family and ex-in-laws. I do think the recounts of what happened that we have seen from family members are just different enough that it warrants wonder. I think that it's very likely she and DS know more than they've let on, and maybe LE knows what that is and is keeping it tightly locked from the public.

All of this is just MOO. Anyway, I hope to sleuth more about this with you all as things keep popping up.

Just jumping off your post...in this interview LM mentions BM going there and also mentions his "grandson" and his "son" and so far there has been no further mention of a grandson being there (which I can understand him/her not being named possibly because of age yada yada) but yet it comes out now per BJM's interview that there was 2 other people with her.....How many people really were here and there amongst all of these scenes?? Sure makes a person wonder. Oh, and it sounds as if LM was there by his own interview but yet he is not mentioned by BM in her latest interview either. SMH

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/i...ive-shooter-in-rhoden-shootings/?sf25007641=1

Very odd! CRSrs mobile home looks like it might not even make the trip and stay together.
Not really....it probably takes a lot on man hours to protect the crime scenes especially if the ones doing it are on loan from nearby departments..they can't stay indefinitely

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Seems that would be nearly impossible with the one Dana was in. That addition on the back goes over the roof of the mobile home...

It's doable, just more expensive than the other 3. Entire houses are moved routinely.

Olander2x_1295555216.jpg

It would be really creepy to be driving behind a truck hauling a murder scene.

This is bizarre to me. If the houses were not trailers, what would they be doing? It seems oddly convenient that they are able to move homes.
That said, maybe local folks are tired of UHR being closed? It's been three weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro