OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so 100-150 cars plus 4 mobile homes, seems extreme IMO. They didn't really delay getting the bodies in the ground which I thought would take much longer. I would assume with any type of struggle evidence would be left on the victims. Honestly this investigation gets stranger and stranger by the day. With all of this going on and being as extreme as it is. I don't know how the FBI hasn't just stepped in? It seems as if 8 bodies,100-150 cars, 4 mobile homes, rooster raising, weed growing, LLCs, auto sales and atleast a few altercations that per FB left some hot heads would just be to much for ANY local to handle.

Do we know for certain that the FBI is NOT involved? Seems like a bunch of what we already know kinda skirts over into interstate possibilities, whether it's *advertiser censored* fights, selling hot chop cars or dealing in weed. It doesn't really take a lot to justify. Use of a cell phone or internet in the commission of a crime can do it. So can using a weapon or ammunition that was produced out of state. Oh, yeah, there's that LLC connected to Florida.

I keep thinking that while the murders were clearly a surprise, LE beyond Sheriff Reader has probably been watching the area for some time--and likely knows far more than Mike Dewine has been willing to let on.

BJM mentioned an LM grandson in her interview from yesterday:

http://www.11alive.com/mb/news/nati...-not-leaving-those-babies-in-there_/187014884

IIRC, LM says "her boy" in the interview you linked, but he isn't always exactly right with details, IMO. I also think linear time framing may not be one of his strong points.

My reckoning as to who was at the crime scenes when LE first arrived:

CRSr/FR scene(s) -- BJM and 2 unnamed persons -- a friend and his wife.

DR scene -- JM and his unnamed son.

LM? Who knows for sure where he was, but I think he was probably at one scene or another by the time LE arrived or at least shortly thereafter.

There are a lot of discrepancies in what LM has said versus BJM. LM's interview was the day of or the day after, and it sounds like he wasn't there for the initial findings and was processing a lot of information, so I'm giving him a pass and assuming he was just a hot mess and confused as all get up. But I've made a mental note of the discrepancies.

@chrisgraves

Believe the camper moved first to be that of Kenneth Rhoden. Officials won't confirm. Family: he lived in a camper. #PikeCounty #cgnow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@chrisgraves

On Twitter has a short video of one of the trailers bring moved. I can't bring it over

Chris graves

Moving these trailers, which look to be at least 16 feet by 80 feet. Appears tricky for drivers #cgnow #PikeCounty

Quote Originally Posted by branwynbreeze
Was DR suppose to work at 7am on 22nd? Another issue I wonder about and hope someone can clear up is DS has given a few interviews, he admits he was suppose to have spent night at KR, but didn't. Has he clarified why he didn't go to KR's place that night?

I haven't read that reported anywhere. She started work at 7am Thursday so she might have been on the schedule for Friday 7am as well but it's always possible the person she covered for 4/21 (working the double) was going to pick up her shift 4/22?

It's also possible she just wasn't scheduled to work Friday and that's why she took the double, or it's possible they rotated weekends and it was going to be her weekend off. Maybe she was scheduled to work. Maybe she was scheduled to work second. We don't know if she was a M-F 7-4 person.

Then maybe you answered your own question. Sometimes every other weekend rotations include Friday's. And just because she normally works that schedule, the turn over rates in those places are often high and you work far goofier hours. I have a M-F 7-5 job, here I sit at work on a Thursday until 10. Healthcare.

No just responding to another poster's inquiry.

@chrisgraves

Two of 3 trailers taken in today. Fourth, believed to be the home of Dana Rhoden, moved later. #PikeCounty #cgnow

001b34cdafa2d3769cd4b9996b563ae3.jpg

@Chrisgraves

I have seen many things in 30 years as journalist. The moving of murder scenes is a first. It is chilling. #PikeCounty #cgnow

@Chrisgraves

I have seen many things in 30 years as journalist. The moving of murder scenes is a first. It is chilling. #PikeCounty #cgnow

I agree! Chilling!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

This makes me wonder if they did the same with Donald Stone.
Why did it seem they were looking heavily at Bobbie?
Did they ever interrogate DS in the same way, asking him how much he was paid to do it?
is there something about Bobbie that raised their suspicions?
is it typical to take the clothing and shoes and dna and fingerprints of a person finding a body? I have never heard of this before.

With people thinking BM said "don't hurt me" and someone saying "good job" on the 911, I had previously questioned whether BM could have arrived while the killer/s were still there and they made her call 911. It was someone who knew her and had no beef with her and didn't want to kill her. I know it sounds far fetched to think a killer would leave a witness. But could they have let her live, knowing she would be in such fear for her life that she would stay quiet?

This is was just something I have tossed around before and now hearing about two other people being with BM has made my mind go back to that theory and leaves me wondering if those two could be the killers. And maybe BM knowing who did it makes her appear to the police that she knows something she isn't telling and that raises their suspicions of her.

i just find it odd that she had taken two others with her to feed the dogs and chickens as she routinely did. I wonder if she routinely took someone else with her. I also wonder if she always went straight to Chris' trailer when she arrived and went inside, as that is the first thing she did. Maybe so, to feed the dogs that she normally said were kept inside first? And upon surprisingly finding the door locked, why wouldn't she knock before entering? I know if I went to someone's door and their vehicle was home and their door locked, I wouldn't just let myself in. I would knock for the person to let me in. But I see nowhere that says she knocked and then went in after no response. And if I walked in to blood everywhere and blood drag marks down the hall, I would be out of there! I would have been too scared to walk back to the bedroom! She is braver than me! And I do know we really can't know what we would do, but I do know I'm a scaredy cat!

Just some things I find myself pondering.

Taking the others along may or may not have been odd. If they had plans to do something later. What struck me is that it's "a friend and his wife," rather than two friends, a couple or a friend and her husband. But that's neither here nor there.

I think that they were leaning on Bobby because A) she was the first one there; B) she clearly knew the family pretty well; and C) believed that if she had any inside information she wasn't going to simply spill the beans.

The question about how much she was paid might have been testing the waters on some theory LE was working on. But just as likely it was just upping the ante so that she would have more to fear from not talking than from talking. By then they likely had found the weed plants, and the roosters and looking at all the cars had reached some obvious conclusions that family members were very likely involved in some risky businesses. And further that BJ would be very likely to know a good bit about it, as well as be inclined to play dumb.

@chrisgraves

Two of 3 trailers taken in today. Fourth, believed to be the home of Dana Rhoden, moved later. #PikeCounty #cgnow

001b34cdafa2d3769cd4b9996b563ae3.jpg

I mean obviously they found this necessary, but it seems just a bit excessive imo

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I mean obviously they found this necessary, but it seems just a bit excessive imo

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I agree. I get the feeling there is motive. Maybe to stir someone up.

I could be wrong about the "please, don't hurt me" because she is saying it while crying, but I cannot hear anything else that she could be saying. I am pretty sure about the "good job". I think it is an adult male voice. If Bobby's story is correct then it couldn't have been a child, because she called 911 before going into Frankie's house.

Downloaded the audio and cut it to just the end in question.

Made the audio louder, and slowed it down a bit:

Uploaded it to here: http://picosong.com/Bqva/

in reference to the pepper spray and gas masks...not necessarily...most pepper spray comes out in a stream...it's meant to hit the eyes and mouth where it's most effective

I hope you newbies will stick around after this case is over. There's something every day.

A few thoughts:

If the LE billboards asking the public for video footage are located in Waverly, that probably means they have reason to believe vehicles involved either originated from that immediate vicinity, or passed through town before and/or after the murders. Relative to the crime scenes, it’s the opposite direction from northern Kentucky and Mexico, not a fast or direct route to Baltimore, but directly en route to Chillicothe, Columbus and Detroit.

A couple threads back there were some news reports quoted which stated that a lot of blood found on the living room floor of Chris Sr’s trailer, while we know that both bodies found at that location were in the back bedroom. We don’t have any details of the blood – quantity, pattern, DNA – but it’s reasonable to assume at least one of the bodies spent some time bleeding out onto the living room floor before being moved. Which could mean the killer(s) either spent some time at that scene after the murders, or returned later.

And for that matter, why move the bodies? To delay discovery by moving them further from the front door? That doesn’t fit particularly well with what we know about the other scenes, where bodies were in plain sight from the door. Doesn’t exactly match the theory that it was a fast, professional, well-planned massacre either.

The last trailer #PikeCounty. It would appear to have been the home of Frankie Rhoden and Hannah Gilley. #PikeCounty #cgnow

Chrisgraves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members