OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things that make me go hmmmm....

5th search warrant - News reporter on the day of the murders reporting from the LFR scene states that investigators are searching a 5th scene "just across the Pike/Scioto border".
( http://m.whio.com/videos/news/new-p.../vDqhhQ/?ecmp=whiotv_social_facebook_2014_sfp )

Who's name is associated with property that is 1.2 miles(just into Scioto County) from KR's LFR address?
Who is a relative, albeit not by blood?
Who is also involved in the auto salvage business and has a place of business that is 10 minutes via back roads into Scioto County from LFR?
Who also lives just across the Scioto County line 5-10 minutes from LFR?
Who would have most certainly been around the Rhodens and likely involved in business with them?
Who would have most certainly been known to the dogs?
Who would have likely known about the cameras?
Who's body was found a few years ago, just a 5-10 minute drive across the Scioto county border and in the same area?
Who was suspected in that murder?

Did someone need money? <--- This is the question I can't answer.

Dana and her kids lived just across the border in Scioto County.

I also feel that the owner of BBL played down the work the Rhodens did for him. He also did not show any type of gratitude and or loyalty following the deaths. I know for a fact because I am somewhat personally familiar with a family member who does work there and has for years as an only source of income. I rather not go to far into detail but I do think that it could have a possible tie in this case if it was a business venture that had gone wrong.. I know I saw mentioned at some point that the owner or co owner of BBL was also involved in car sales. I am just curious if there is any relation with BBL and the family when it came to illegal activities. This isn't my personal theory but still a theory that we can throw into question.

I read skmewhere that BBL s location can be directly accessed off of dirt roads or paths behind the Rhoden residence(s) not sure how true this is but that would make for an easy escape without being seen by the rest of the neighbors.

Like i I said these are just ideas to theory's that we can't exclude given the limited amount of information we have.

Very odd dynamics there and a lot of info out there. The families go back for many many years. There have been other posts on this and I have posted some. Also, some time this week there was a discussion about property and I posted a picture of how far BBL is from the crime scenes and it's 30 minutes away.

I agree.
You know every person within 30 minutes of those trailers would be driving by to get their look if they ever opened the roads. Some extra nosey people or even family would want to go inside. Whenever Defendants lawyers would finally be able to go check it out themselves, it may have been disturbed or substantially changed. I think one of the biggest reasons to move is to protect the chain of custody and they were on wheels. They probably got the idea from KR camper. Maybe they said well let's just take this back with us. Then thought lets just take them all.
It's just more economical to move them than have them guarded 24/7. Also, with the amount of people killed, it does take time to get through everything.
I know people are frustrated about how long things are taking, but think of it this way... One person murdered at one crime scene probably takes about a week or more to process everything and go through stuff. This case has 8 people murdered at 4 crime scenes. I would think it would take at least 4 weeks before they even know what all they have as far as evidence. This isn't Criminal Minds or CSI. It can't be all figured out and processed as quick as it is on shows.

This is very helpful, dayna. I'm not sure that the crime scenes still need much processing after three weeks. But they probably do need to be protected and preserved. So, this post is very insightful.

Dana and her kids lived just across the border in Scioto County.

True, but this would have been one of the four original locations searched, not the 5th that the reporter spoke of. Keep going, you'll get there. I just can't say the name due to the site rules..

With cameras and lights and dogs on the front porch... The men would have heard or known beforehand if someone had come up to the property. That's why I think they were familiar with the person(s) and that they possibly invited them in and that's why the "unfriendly" dogs were outside.

I agree. It's possible that the killers had been there numerous times, perhaps -- under the cover of darkness -- to complete their "business". This time, they decided to eliminate the Rhodens -- at least the ones who had knowledge of their schemes (and those who could be potential witnesses). I could be wrong, of course. It would explain the dogs being put outside, though, when the killers were invited in.

That box has already been opened. :)
Some of us thought that perhaps that could have been a trigger since he spent $120k on that land.

Somebody cared enough about their reconciliation in 2010 to start a thread on a forum about Dana & Dana wasn't happy about it.

This is a new article I believe.

Piketon homes where 8 were shot to death are moved to preserve crime scenes and

more

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/12/Piketon-murder-homes-moved.html#
After reading this article and some of the things that Tony Rhoden said, I have a gut feeling that there will be an arrest soon and at least 1 of the trailers has concrete evidence. Just :moo: and I could be totally wrong. Also another poster mentioned that they could be moving the trailers for the jury to walk through during trial. I remember hearing a local news story of this happening before in the last several years, so this is very possible imo. I wonder because of the extreme brutality of these murders if it would be possible for LE to work with the Rhoden's before they get their personal items out of the trailers to have it cleaned 1st? I would hope so. :(

The FBI is not the best homicide investigation unit in the world. Why? They don't investigate a lot of homicides.

In every single scenario I come up with regarding any crime scene investigation a rural Ohio sheriff should always call the BCI first. The BCI has crime scene units whose sole job is to investigate crime scenes. Small county sheriff's offices may or may not have detectives- no crime scene investigators. The BCI has a wider network of contacts at all federal agencies than any county sheriff is going to have.

Going through the proper channels is a big deal in law enforcement.

Your last sentence rings true to me. The process involves going up, one step at a time, to higher level authorities. Local police would turn to county sheriff, county sheriff would turn to state agencies, state agencies would turn to federal agencies. That is, unless it was a homeland security issue (i.e., terrorism-related), which is federal domain.

I think you are very close. I've said all along that I suspected that most of the killings (FR, HHG, DR, HR & CRjr) were done because they could answer the question, "Who was at Chris Sr's trailer".

There was nothing in DS's interview however that mentioned weed being strewn around the trailer that I recall. He found weed in the garage.

I also thought along the same lines for a while. Except I figured it this way. Visitors were at CR1's with GR and him. Dana works a double and since she and CR1 are reconciling she calls to tell him and asks what he is doing. "Just hanging out/partying with ....." Then KR calls "whatcha doing man?" "Just hanging out/partying with ...." Frankie calls/comes over. Same thing. CR2 or HR calls and asks for money/other items to borrow or a favor(as kids often do daily or mine does at least). "Come on over and get it(or I'll work on it). Then the fight breaks out and CR1 and GR are killed. Killers go next door to eliminate FR and HG as witnesses. Go to KR's to eliminate him as a witness. Then waits for DR to get off work and eliminates the others.

Yes I know it's full of holes but it is possible. And just the kind of random thinking a druggie would have of let's kill them all. It is also the only thing that explains both KR and DR other than the stolen car/parts theory.

Just can't get my head around why both KR and DR were killed since DR probably didn't have a lot to do with the drug angle or with KR. Only other thing is CR1, FR and KR were the primary targets and DR got roped in because CR1 had been staying the night at her house and they went there looking for him first before going to the other trailer.

Third theory would be that DR was getting pills from the nursing home and the others were selling them. That would account for the four houses maybe? We don't know if the houses were ransacked or searched for something.

This is all pure speculation and JMO and so full of holes you could strain pasta through it.

The couple was shot in their beds, kids weren't hurt, and in Kentucky. I wonder why people are just hearing about this now. That's three homes now, the Rhodens, Candy and her teen daughter, and now this couple just 15 days before the Rhodens.

Similarities, yes. But it doesn't say the couple was shot. The cause of death, unless I missed it, has not be revealed. If they were shot to death, you'd think at least one of the children would've heard it and potentially seen something. But we don't know if the children were in the home when it happened. Or, again, if a gun was used to kill the parents. The article says the bodies were discovered by a family member. One of the children? If so, and if they were home when it happened, the article gives the impression that the finding of the bodies happened sometime later (instead of minutes after the killings).

Maybe he snitched, got a reduced sentence and that's why he was killed.

That's my theory about the Newsome, Rhoden and Kentucky murders. Either there are master Assassins running loose in Ohio or high level corruption & cover ups.

I wonder if there's anything or anyone that all these victims have in common? The links here tonight are the first ive seen about
the Kentucky couple.

Well, there's the drug dealing.

From the Eapmon/Tomlinson thread: Post #18 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Erlanger-6-April-2016&p=12554062#post12554062

The following early reporting says at least three children were at the home when the murders occurred:

While she worries about the safety of her family and her neighbors, O'Donnell is also thinking about the children removed from the home where Tomlinson and Eapmon were found.

"The kids they were always outside playing. Always outside having fun. It didn't matter what time day or night it was, they was always outside playing. And I know the oldest. My heart goes out to her, it really does ... I couldn't imagine what they're going through right now."

It appears at least three children lived in the home.

A neighbor told WLWT News 5 investigative reporter Todd Dykes she watched as the kids' grandmother took them safely away from what must have been a grisly scene.

http://m.wlwt.com/news/elsmere-doubl...pasts/38937766

**I re-read the article and now that part seems to be redacted, so?**

In any event, Tomlinson worked in a nursing home too. Probably a coincidence, but..

I guess it's not too uncommon. A quick search brought up several links.

http://mobilehomeliving.org/basements-under-mobile-homes/

Building a basement and throwing a roof over it used to be a quick start on building one's dream home out in the country where zoning laws were less stringent than in cities. People might live in the basement for years before being able to afford to build their actual house.

I would imaging that trailers/modulars might follow a similar pattern over a basement.

I would also like to point out that I spent several hours last night looking on Facebook. I found 3-4 separate Facebook pages for one individual who has been interviewed. I carefully scanned each page and noticed that this individual throughout a 1-2 year time span had multiple girlfriends.. I noted that the newest page shows the most current girlfriend. I then scanned her page and noticed that she had not posted a single post other than the change of relationship status(s) since October 2015. Coincidentally following the murders she has posted multiple photos: photos of her and her bf, multiple photos of herself looking extremely happy... But nothing referring to the crimes.... I find myself wondering if I had not posted since October on my social media page- and then 8 people are murdered and I decide to get back on my social media page and post multiple photos but nothing in relation to the family....

why ay all of the sudden 6-7 months later did she decide to be so happy all of a sudden?
How do you know this person has been interviewed? If so I think you can name them here and we're allowed to discuss. There are very few people I've heard say they were interviewed.

Things that make me go hmmmm....

5th search warrant - News reporter on the day of the murders reporting from the LFR scene states that investigators are searching a 5th scene "just across the Pike/Scioto border".
( http://m.whio.com/videos/news/new-p.../vDqhhQ/?ecmp=whiotv_social_facebook_2014_sfp )

Who's name is associated with property that is 1.2 miles(just into Scioto County) from KR's LFR address?
Who is a relative, albeit not by blood?
Who is also involved in the auto salvage business and has a place of business that is 10 minutes via back roads into Scioto County from LFR?
Who also lives just across the Scioto County line 5-10 minutes from LFR?
Who would have most certainly been around the Rhodens and likely involved in business with them?
Who would have most certainly been known to the dogs?
Who would have likely known about the cameras?
Who's body was found a few years ago, just a 5-10 minute drive across the Scioto county border and in the same area?
Who was suspected in that murder?

Did someone need money? <--- This is the question I can't answer.

Could that fit the parameters of the kid who lives in Waverly and posted threats on FB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member