OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a bunch of new poster's here, and I am so grateful and intrigued by all of y'all's posts. It would be so helpful to me if you are answering or adding to discussion of someone else's post, please hit the "reply with quote" button. You then type your response after the "quoted" post. Sometimes I can't figure out what is being discussed without the previous post that is quoted. Thank you in advance

Thanks for for the reminder. Think I am one of them. Will do!

That doesn't mean I don't question her story, (first the dogs are loose then they're missing, them they're on the front friggin porch)(first she's alone, then she has a friend, and what exactly was she doing from 7 until 7:50)
But I believe with every fiber of my heart that had she left the babies and preserved the scene she'd still be criticized and perhaps seen as more of a suspect. It's as no win for her.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I don't believe we're getting the full story either. I also agree that it is a no win for her. Which leads me to JM. I feel like I'd had to have gone in to get that baby and see if either my nephew or niece were hanging onto life. That's just me though.

I still find it interesting he claims the two girls called the police wanting to get the reward money that Jeff Ruby put up. He didn't put up the reward until Saturday afternoon. Well after IJ had been released from the interrogation.

I caught that also. Then there is that confrontation on UHR. We still don't know what led up to it. Add that to the fact that his ex's apparently doesn't have a high opinion of him. My sis went through a very very bitter divorce, but even she would not have called LE to say her ex was involved in a murder and she believes he is capable of just about anything. Here we have two ex's saying the same thing.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

Good question! Let's see. BJM gets up in the morning and goes over to the residence of her brother-in-law, CRSr. She arrives at 7am. This is stated several times and BJM reiterates her position that she arrived at close to 7am at that early morning interview.
She has gone there to do some chores, like feeding the dogs and chickens, which she does on a regular basis. She goes there with a friend and his wife. Immediately upon arrival at the trailer of CRSr, BJM notices that the dogs are outdoors, when, according to BJM, they should have been indoors. BJM walks to the residence door and finds that it is locked. This is also unusual, according to BJM, because normally it is unlocked. BJM retrieves a spare key and enters the residence. She sees blood in the living room and shouts "Rhoden, Rhoden, Rhoden". (Not "Chris, Chris, Chris)
BJM runs to the bedroom, where she sees CRSr & his cousin, GR, both dead.
BJM runs back outside shouting for her phone, per LM. Her phone had been charging in the car, so presumably she was shouting to the two persons in the car that she had brought with her. She then calls 911.
This scenario seems fairly straightforward and may have taken a few minutes to unfold.
T asks, "what exactly was she doing from 7 until 7:50"
Why is it unusual for dogs to be outside at 7am? I put mine out even earlier so we don't have an "accident" that I have to clean up when I finally get out of bed.
Why is a locked door unusual? They have surveillance cameras, and there have been hints of prior concerns, would it be more normal for a door to be locked?

I am thinking that maybe on a typical day that she went to ChrisSr's trailer, he was already up and gone, leaving the dogs inside and the door unlocked for BJM. I am not buying they would go to bed with the door unlocked....only that it was unlocked by the time BJM got there every morning. Why would you have surveillance but not even lock your doors? But, this is not a typical day and his vehicle still being there should have been an indication that he was still home. And being home could have meant he had put the dogs out and locked his door behind him. So, I would not have been immediately alarmed. I would just be wondering why he is still home. So, I am still puzzled why she would not have knocked on the door before getting the key and opening it. She never indicated that she knocked. I sure wouldn't just walk in on someone ....I would knock first. No accusations....just something curious to me.

Hi everyone. This is my first post so forgive me If I'm doing this wrong. The theories/thoughts about the deputy JJ being indicted really had me thinking. Then I read in this article that the JJ was the "dog handler" for the Sherrifs office. That could explain how 1. They got passed the dogs and 2. Why they wouldn't just kill the dogs, maybe he feels empathy for dogs like he would children as someone else mentioned in another thread.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/12/04/Pike-County-deputy-shooting.html

This statement has bothered me and makes little sense. This sounds as if after DS finds KR, instead of immediately calling 911 he goes into garage and see plants he has not seen before on property. Why even go into garage at all?

http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/05/pike-co...-cousins-body-calling-911-on-day-of-massacre/

“I walk in [to a garage] and I see a tray of marijuana plants on the floor and I turned around and I walk back out of the building and I say we need to call 911,” he explained. “We walk out to the road. We go up the road. I dial 911. We come back to the scene.”

I think that statement has bothered several of us (as for me, I was bothered, by both DS interviews, and the 911 call itself).

Does anyone know where this barn is located? Could it be the one where the reporter mentioned 5th scene?

attachment.php
Could be the barn the reporter talked about. Doesn't look like any of the ones on UHR.
If it is the barn in the fifth scene, it's on Camp Creek Road

He probably said she discovered the scene because she discovered the scene. There is no evidence to suggest that the people who were in her car entered the crime scenes. Does it make sense to expect full detail and organized thought from a hysterical 911 caller? As for LM, he was probably relating what BJ told him about finding the crime scene. The two friends were probably peripheral to the whole scene.

in a crime this horrific no one on the scene during discovery would be peripheral it seems to me. In one of the news stories BJ said she did not know if either of the other two had gone into the trailers.

Hi everyone. This is my first post so forgive me If I'm doing this wrong. The theories/thoughts about the deputy JJ being indicted really had me thinking. Then I read in this article that the JJ was the "dog handler" for the Sherrifs office. That could explain how 1. They got passed the dogs and 2. Why they wouldn't just kill the dogs, maybe he feels empathy for dogs like he would children as someone else mentioned in another thread.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/12/04/Pike-County-deputy-shooting.html

WELCOME! Good first post. JJ,the roque police officer, is a very distinct possibility IMO.

Totally agree. Also, if she'd left little B in there, apart from any added trauma he might have experienced from being with his dead father and stepmother (OK I know they weren't actually married, but that was the functional relatonship) - he could have messed up the scene.

IMO, she didn't know there was anything amiss at FR's house when she went there. She found his door to be locked, too, and apparently that led her to think something was amiss and she talked the three-year old into opening up the door. LE was on their way when she did entered F's house.

Does anyone know if the Mothers of IJ's babies are related or friends. I don't buy that "they thought they would get the 25000.00 reward" bit. I would think it really odd that not one but two of his ex's called to tell LE he did it. It shows what kind of person he has showed himself to be, to his ex girlfriends at least, when not one but two of his ex's think he is capable of murdering 8 people and virtually wiping out an entire branch of a family. That's not something I would want any ex of mine thinking let alone two ex's.

I don't believe his story that they called for the reward. IIRC, he was stopped at gunpoint and questioned prior to any reward being offered.

He probably said she discovered the scene because she discovered the scene. There is no evidence to suggest that the people who were in her car entered the crime scenes. Does it make sense to expect full detail and organized thought from a hysterical 911 caller? As for LM, he was probably relating what BJ told him about finding the crime scene. The two friends were probably peripheral to the whole scene.
Oh I agree. I'm not in the BJM is guilty club, but I think she isn't being completely honest with LE either. Being generous, giving her say 15 minutes to notice the dogs, the locked door, and go inside still leaves approximately 30 minutes unaccounted for before she dialed 911. I'm very curious as to what she was doing. We know from her interview that she didn't go into FR trailer until after she called 911. So what was she doing?
MOO is that she was trying to minimize the grow op. I don't believe for a minute that she didn't know about it, even if it was 10 x smaller than I originally thought.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Good post! Welcome! Like the username [emoji1]

(snipped by me for brevity)
I've been keeping an eye on this can of worms. :worms:
I'm very curious what her experience was that morning. We certainly aren't getting the full story.

We aren't, but LE may have. I keep trying to remind myself that what has been said in the media is only snippets. I imagine these people have been questioned multiple times for hours and aren't releasing much of the information. Perhaps she was "feeding some of the animals" and then decided to go inside. I definitely make mental notes on everything, but I always try to play devils advocate against it too.

Just thought of something. Has it been said that BR lived 500 yards from KR? What relation would they be? If BR was at home when he got word of the murders, it looks like he would have went over to wake up KR to tell him, considering he lived so close to him. That is, if he was home when he got the word.

i kinda find myself feeling really sad for KR. Didn't anyone care enough about him to immediately check on him? It just makes no sense.

No we are not! I'm not thrilled with either of the people that called 911.
BUT thanks to DS interview and BabyBoy's mom we have a narrower time line.
BabyBoy was dropped off (as in mom left) at 10:30 pm
KR was supposed to be up by 5:30 am
So everything must have happened between those hours, right?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

DS said KR was usually up by 0530 working on cars, but maybe that day he decided to snooze for a few more hours if he wasn't supposed to be going to work that day. I think it's likely this all happened before 0530, but just trying to think of all possibilities. JMO.

I probably would have told the lady on the 911 call that I was going in the other trailer to get the babies and then hung up. But I would have been prepared as well as possible under the circumstances to take responsibility for my actions.

She didn't know it was a crime scene so why would she say that? She went over to get FR likely because of the proximity and when she arrived found them shot to death and took the kids out. She didn't know she was going there into a crime scene and removing kids. I don't know how I would respond in that situation, walking into there and finding that I doubt I would walk out to call 911 or call 911 standing there to say I was removing kids, one was laying covered in blood next to its deceased parents. I'm sure her maternal instinct kicked in and she wanted to get those babies out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I don't believe we're getting the full story either. I also agree that it is a no win for her. Which leads me to JM. I feel like I'd had to have gone in to get that baby and see if either my nephew or niece were hanging onto life. That's just me though.[/QUOTE]

I have always had the impression that by the time JM went to DR's home, he may have known BJM had called 911 and LE was on their way. I guess we don't know that for a fact, just the impression I arrived at.

Please delete if not allowed.
This is the man that went missing in Kitts hill around the same time as these murders. He's been discussed in previous threads. Looks like he may have been interested in some of the things the rhodens were involved in...
bf82804c8fbaed8d5f5e4bbf178bf4d7.jpg

I too too have thought many times this was of relation the original story has been open in my browser for weeks I didn't want to forget his story. I think considering the location of both and the timing it is Erie to me for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member