OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stuck on JJ. There's so many little details surrounding this case, JJ's history and the effort of the new Sheriff (Reader) that creates motive for JJ. In this article: http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...lie-reader-pike-county-mass-murders/83559628/

They talk about how since Reader became Sheriff their efforts to crack down on drug dealing has "Exploded". Could it be that JJ was in fact offering protection to the Rhodens (or even extorting them) as he has a history of violent crime and tampering with evidence? Also, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that he accidentally shot his neighbor in the head while showing him a gun. Has anyone looked into that neighbors record? Could it be that the neighbor was also involved in the drug operation in Pike County? Could it be that JJ purposely shot him because he knew he was under the microscope from the previous killing and was afraid his neighbor might talk to the police?

We've already talked about JJ's motive for killing them (money) and the date of the Rhoden murders being awfully convenient for him. Maybe Reader was close to stumbling on JJ's involvement with the local drug trade since his efforts were "Exploding".

Have we even figured out where JJ is now?

Personally I think the "Good Job" in from the 911 operator's supervisor. I've worked in a call center (don't recommend it lol) and sometimes our supervisors would listen to our calls to audit them. For all we know the dispatcher was new and this was her first live day.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

When does the 911 tape stop recording? Does it stop recording as soon
1) as the caller hangs up,
2) the operator hangs up,
3) one of the two has hung up, or
4) both have hung up?

Of course he wouldn't use a police issued firearm. In fact, in the shooting incident he was indicted for (shooting his neighbor in the head) the detective said he didn't shoot him with his service weapon and he wasn't even sure what firearm he used. So going with history on this guy, I agree, no way he would have used his service weapon even if he still had it which I doubt he did because he was terminated.

Since the Depts always issue officers a weapon, I don't understand why Junk let him borrow two weapons for protection.

Very possible that she left the detail out about knocking on CR1's door. But, the interview was weeks later.....not in the midst of the chaos and confusion.....and she gave other details, like leaving her phone in the car charging and the dog in a recliner and getting the key. So, since she didn't mention the detail of knocking on the door before getting the key and opening it, I tend to believe she did not knock o the door. JMO

I don't find it unusual at all that she'd enter without knocking. My father-in-law, who lives out of town, makes rare visits to our home. But when he does, he just walks right in! If he lived in the neighborhood and routinely visited, I'd be even less surprised if he walked right in. Really, I don't understand the concern over this one detail. What's the point?

Crop failure? Crop sold to someone else?

Don't know the dollar value on a unit of shatter, but it has to be far higher than the same amount of weed. I watched a youtube video of someone making it in a tube about a foot long, they stuffed 1/2 lb of weed into the tube to make about 1 1/2" of shatter in a cake pan. The house with the huge shatter lab had a 14' tube running up the side of the house, almost to the roofline.

re: other posts- (poke all the fun you want, it's still just theory like any other)

I am in no way poking fun, just trying to find some dots to connect
Just strikes me as odd to take such a risk!

Since the Depts always issue officers a weapon, I don't understand why Junk let him borrow two weapons for protection.

Yeah that is confusing to normal logical people. I fear that the brotherhood of LE sometimes lacks common sense. I wouldn't let that guy borrow a hammer.

I am in no way poking fun, just trying to find some dots to connect
Just strikes me as odd to take such a risk!

Oh no, that last line wasn't directed toward you. It refers to the posts late last night ridiculing others theories.

Yeah that is confusing to normal logical people. I fear that the brotherhood of LE sometimes lacks common sense. I wouldn't let that guy borrow a hammer.

Does Reader have a blood relative who works for Junk in some investigative role?

Service weapon confiscated after enough people were shot and killed?

Seems like he should have prohibited from possessing any weapon. In which case the PA has dirt on his hands.

I didn't call you a sexist. I pointed out that I found that comment in particular sexist. It implies that women are weaker or tend to be submissive when there's a male around, as though men are more capable. I see that you didn't intend it that way, so I'm glad of that. In my own experience, I've found the women in my family and friends group to actually be the ones who tend to take charge in crises. Of course that's only my own experience.

If I saw 2 big dudes who looked like "someone beat the hell out of them", I'd want a man to help me with that one!!

Does Reader have a blood relative who works for Junk in some investigative role?

Looking at some of the old records on the deceased, you will see a Deputy Reader with a different first name. That's all I got.

One of my standing theories is involving this incident.
This is the previous incident that I think these murders may be tied to. I saw an article and I wish I could find it now. It had LE hinting that they wanted to go after the big fish and that hinted that maybe LE had setup an informant related to who got busted in that incident.

If someone was an informant and somehow tied to the properties then some big fish may have caught wind about it and decided to eliminate anybody that could testify against them.

This theory is at top of my list of theories. Will try to find article about it.

There are lots of ways this could potentially tie in. The package was sent from California--which could have been where it was grown, or not. There could have been a tip-off to LE that it was coming--either because someone was willing to snitch to protect themselves, or because they wanted to hit their competition. Either one might have sparked retribution. Or someone could have BELIEVED (rightly or wrongly) that there was a tip-off.

Or the Rs could have simply been a part of the same group of folks. Or they could have drawn the line at shatter-making.

What that incident does for me is simply to underline that there is networking that goes far beyond the confines of Pike County.

I don't believe his reason, however I don't know what the real reason is. I know he did an interview which I can't find now but it was after the mj, roosters etc were found. He was in Pike Co. And he had stated he didn't care about any of that. He said something to the fact all he wanted was justice and that it was his community and he didn't want the perp walking around in it. Then 1-2 days later he pulled it. I think he was pressured either by his publicist, or somebody possibly told him something we don't know, or he was threatened. Jmo

Here is a link to his reason for pulling the funds...

http://www.fox19.com/story/31840708/jeff-ruby-revokes-25000-reward-in-pike-county-massacre

I believe him. He is a very generous man, and was extremely concerned for his family. Dare I say I truly understand. This is not your average murder, if there is such a thing.....

He sounded distracted to me. Maybe he was looking over his shoulder hoping no one started taking pop shots at him. After all he was way out in the boonies with just him and his cousin who was by the way another Rhoden. I know I would have been jumpy if that many members of my family had been killed in that many locations.

I have wondered why they didn't call LE for wellness check, I've called family leaving that message before and always got a quick call back if I hadn't been able to reach a relative for a day or so. I do remember a year ago I couldn't get a hold of someone who's hubby was having severe PTSD issues. My husband was concerned and said after a tragedy everyone says they never saw violence coming. Since there was a recent 5150, I did not want to get LE involved unless I had to, jumped in car and checked on them. All was fine, thank goodness. That got me thinking maybe LR was aware of pot at property and was freaked out due to murders at other family grow sites, calling DS to pick him up to see if all was well. That could explain going into garage to check on pot.

Again my apologies if I offended anyone.

I am not saying that is what BJM did but it would be my best guess that had she been male or female she would have ran to get the man's son (as opposed to her being an ex SIL and not having any authority as next of kin).

Hey, thanks. And I do apologize for my tone in my criticism. I worded it too harshly. Sorry about that!

"... a 19-year-old friend of siblings Christopher Rhoden Jr., 16, and Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20, said he'd gone with Christopher Rhoden Sr. four or five times..."

"He said Rhoden would go to the bank, withdraw cash needed to buy a vehicle, go get it and haul it back. Hart said he was not involved in the purchases and only accompanied the elder Rhoden on trips."

"I only went to keep him company,"

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/18/why-rhoden-family-had-so-many-cars/84433962/

I'm sorry if I copied more than the percentage allowed for copyright. I didn't want to butcher it too much.

That was an interesting article. I found it interesting that Manley said he didn't go down to CR1's....he didn't have any reason to. But then he turned around and told that he helped work on the cars and even just this year he took cars in to get inspections and paperwork to be resold. So, that seems to put him down at CR1's quite a bit....even this year. He also mentions that some of the cars belonged to BM and went on to say when the police check the VIN numbers they will find that many didn't even belong to CR1. Just interesting stuff there. I am in no way accusing the Manley's of murder. But I am saying I believe they know what was going on with those cars, as they helped with them. So, why downplay that you were at CR1's? He also mentioned that people would bring their cars to be fixed and for some reason the work wasn't done or they never came back to get the car. I think I am understanding why LE took the cars. They are going to find out who owned each car, as it could point to a murderer. Could someone have dropped their car off to be fixed and then CR1 not give it back to them? If that happened, it could have pi$$ed off the wrong person. Maybe the work cost more than they were originally told and they didn't have enough money to pay up, so they kept their car? I don't know, but I am beginning to see more of a story coming out about these cars and understand why they have been taken away.....just from this one article. Anyone else? If these cars did not belong to CR1....then just who did they belong to, besides the 4 they said belonged to BM?

Looking at some of the old records on the deceased, you will see a Deputy Reader with a different first name. That's all I got.

That's his brother you can see sitting closeby at the first presser about the Rhodens with Reader and AG.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...lie-reader-pike-county-mass-murders/83559628/

Reader became interim sheriff in early May 2015 after the resignation of Rich Henderson, who had served nearly seven years before leaving to take a security job at the former Piketon uranium enrichment plant.

Reader worked for the previous two sheriffs before taking a job as the chief investigator for the county prosecutor’s office. He kept his commission as a Pike deputy while working for the prosecutor's office and had an uncle who was a past sheriff, Roy Ross, and a cousin who served as a major in the sheriff’s office.

“He knows how to put a felony case together and how to get a conviction,” Junk said. “Charlie has instilled upon the majority of his officers you investigate a case with the ultimate goal of getting a conviction. He was a good criminal investigator before he even came on board. One of the best I’ve ever had to work with."

BBM: No, I'll keep my clothes on, thank you very much! ;)

Not a bad re-enactment. One thing I'd question, though, is DS lying about the money. Surely, LE would know if he was telling the truth or not. Seems dumb to lie about it.

I may be wrong, but I thought a reporter asked Dewine about the money during a press conference and he said that didn't sound right. That and the fact that the money detail first was reported by the Daily Mall, I don't put much stock in their reporting.

That was an interesting article. I found it interesting that Manley said he didn't go down to CR1's....he didn't have any reason to. But then he turned around and told that he helped work on the cars and even just this year he took cars in to get inspections and paperwork to be resold. So, that seems to put him down at CR1's quite a bit....even this year. He also mentions that some of the cars belonged to BM and went on to say when the police check the VIN numbers they will find that many didn't even belong to CR1. Just interesting stuff there. I am in no way accusing the Manley's of murder. But I am saying I believe they know what was going on with those cars, as they helped with them. So, why downplay that you were at CR1's? He also mentioned that people would bring their cars to be fixed and for some reason the work wasn't done or they never came back to get the car. I think I am understanding why LE took the cars. They are going to find out who owned each car, as it could point to a murderer. Could someone have dropped their car off to be fixed and then CR1 not give it back to them? If that happened, it could have pi$$ed off the wrong person. Maybe the work cost more than they were originally told and they didn't have enough money to pay up, so they kept their car? I don't know, but I am beginning to see more of a story coming out about these cars and understand why they have been taken away.....just from this one article. Anyone else? If these cars did not belong to CR1....then just who did they belong to, besides the 4 they said belonged to BM?
I thought the exact same thing when I read it!
I wonder if he took any of the cars as payment for weed?

I don't find it unusual at all that she'd enter without knocking. My father-in-law, who lives out of town, makes rare visits to our home. But when he does, he just walks right in! If he lived in the neighborhood and routinely visited, I'd be even less surprised if he walked right in. Really, I don't understand the concern over this one detail. What's the point?

But, would he walk right in if the door was locked? It just made me curious why someone would knock on a locked door when someone is home before digging for a key to let themselves in. May not mean a thing....just makes me curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper