OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Ray stays around. I like reading his post. I do agree with his profile of the killer just not the actually killer . Just like I agree with other ideas and thoughts and maybe not their entire theory.
Yes I probably read his thoughts different if verified but maybe not. I just read his like anyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand up to 2 shots but some were shot. 3-5 times in the head. Why? Pretty sure they were dead after 2. I also still wonder if the different shell casings GR father mentioned is correct. And if so does it mean a victim got off a shot, there are 2 perps, or 2 guns 1 perp.

This really is, as the AG said early on, a viscous, brutal crime. Hitting most, if not all, targets when they least expected it, probably in the wee hours of the morning, also suggests plotting and premeditation. I hate to say it, but it does look like a professional hit. Very businesslike and efficient with kill shots to the head. I wouldn't be surprised if it's all related to the grow ops (which were more extensive than we realized, judging from the AG's most recent remarks). We're talking lots of money at stake. I wonder if the vehicles that were towed are suspected of being altered to transport the product. It's possible. It would also explain why it'll take a long time to locate and prosecute those who ordered the hit (if that's what it is).

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/01/health/ohio-murders-pike-county/

There is clearly more than we all know in this case because LE is so tight lipped. Almost like they knew this was going to happen. Makes me wonder who all is actually involved, IMO i think a part of the LE had something to do with it or knows who did and in someway maybe trying to cover it up. Whoever carried it out was very sophisticated and had all the means to make it happen quickly. Not many citizens are smart enough to do such a big job and get away with such without help on the inside. IMO they killed everyone who knew would tell, not that other family member don't know them just they have no idea it was them. This case has had me following looking for any new clues and updates. I'm glad i found this site so i dont feel like the only crazy person that investigates stuff like this daily.

I understand up to 2 shots but some were shot. 3-5 times in the head. Why? Pretty sure they were dead after 2. I also still wonder if the different shell casings GR father mentioned is correct. And if so does it mean a victim got off a shot, there are 2 perps, or 2 guns 1 perp.

The 3 to 5 shots could be explained by using a small caliber weapon such a 22 and the 2 types of shell casings could be explained by the perp having a backup such as a 45 in case something went wrong like one of the targets waking up and putting up a fight and he needed more stopping power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, I am not verified because I do not claim expertise to anything that would apply to this particular case. The only area I can claim knowledge, is in knowing the area quite well and assuring people that Charlie Reader is NOT involved in any way, nor would he get himself involved in a coverup. When he took over, he inherited one HUGE cluster *bleep*.

I never suspected Reader - I agree that he's got a mess on his hands - who does he answer to? Who does that person report to? Would they have the power to make this go quiet and fade away? I am not being antagonistic in any way. I am just asking if there could occur a situation in which Charlie Reader, the good guy, would be required to hold his peace?

I have absolutely no idea who is guilty or not. There are a lot of good theories. There are a lot of crazy theories. There are a lot of theories I hold unlikely. I can pretty much find a reason to pick apart any of them in one way or another. Obviously, I think when LE said this was a "sophisticated operation" is because they have probably many of the same struggles. So many different angles. And they have to rule them all out. Clearly, they have more information than us, but they are obviously still left questioning themselves if we are 5 weeks in with no arrest, IMO.

With that said, like I've said from the beginning, I'm sure this opened up many other investigations, and maybe they are just waiting to go on an arrest spree of people involved directly in the murder AND people involved in the at least one verified illegal activity. I definitely feel when arrests are made, there are going to be several, some not having anything to do with the murders themselves. JMO. And the first arrest we might see might not be related to the murder, but slowly getting people and hoping they'll talk and confirm. There are just so many possibilities it's ridiculous. Again, JMO.

I can't imagine how it must feel to shoot someone. Horrifying. Just imagining the mess of it all, the life and then lifelessness, ugh. Even in self defense, it would be traumatizing to even kill one person. Let alone to kill 8 based on a selfish matter of retribution.
Add to that, the child on the couch, the 6 month old between its parents getting covered in blood, the newborn nursing from its mother...
Monsters did this.

I never suspected Reader - I agree that he's got a mess on his hands - who does he answer to? Who does that person report to? Would they have the power to make this go quiet and fade away? I am not being antagonistic in any way. I am just asking if there could occur a situation in which Charlie Reader, the good guy, would be required to hold his peace?

Hasn't the FBI been assisting to some level? Isn't the BCI involved? This would go beyond the Pike County office which would mean you'd have to have people all the way up involved if that was the case. You'd have to have A LOT of people involved in this corruption. JMO.

I'm not sure I agree with your comment that "Mass murderers usually know their victims". When I think of mass murder I think of school shootings, theatre shootings, etc. In most of those cases the shooter might know a couple of the victims, but in most cases I don't think they know the victims.

This made me curious so I did some reading;

A "mass murderer" murders a large number of people, typically at the same time, or over a relatively short period of time. Most mass murderers fall into one of three categories: family annihilators, individuals with mental defects, and disgruntled workers.

A "serial killer" is a person who will commit many murders, maybe known, or unknown to them, over a long period of time, but the murders are normally separated by long periods of the murderer appearing to be "normal".

A "spree killer" kills in a series of closely connected events.

Spree killers, and serial killers, are similar, however, the Bureau of Justice Statistics defines a serial killing as: "[involving] the killing of several victims in three or more separate events." The main difference between the spree and serial killer is that the serial killer tends to "lure" victims to their death, whereas a spree killer tends to go "hunting.

I can't imagine how it must feel to shoot someone. Horrifying. Just imagining the mess of it all, the life and then lifelessness, ugh. Even in self defense, it would be traumatizing to even kill one person. Let alone to kill 8 based on a selfish matter of retribution.
Add to that, the child on the couch, the 6 month old between its parents getting covered in blood, the newborn nursing from its mother...
Monsters did this.

For 94 % of us it would be unthinkable. Whoever did this doesn't think like a neurotypical.

Monsters did this.

I agree. Some people are able to go into "video game mode", as I call it. It's just crazy. We have guns for protection, I've always wondered if I could really use it to kill someone if they broke in. I'm sure I could if I really felt my life was in danger, but all you need is that second of hesitation to lose your own life.

I agree. In 2011 Anders B. Breivik shot and killed almost 70 kids at a political youth camp in Norway, first detonating a deadly bomb in the center of Oslo. He did not know any of the victims, but to him they all represented the politics he hated. He was sure the world would thank him some day, as he saw himself as a saviour and a hero who sacrificed his own freedom/life for the greater good.

Heartbreaking.

Why would you, as a sheriff, have anything to do with taking out eight people in such an unusual and sensational way? The eyes of the world would be on you, especially if you didn't provide any information about the investigation. And why wouldn't you, if you knew about it, make sure it happened when you were on vacation, just weeks away?

Seems like the public love their sheriff, and I haven't seen anything to discredit him. Other individuals in PC LE might be worth a closer look, imo.

You may be right, but he was a "foolish" enough to be trained for the Special Investigations Unit (SWAT) and as a dog handler - so he might be foolish enough to have murdered 8 people. Whether he pulled it off without leaving evidence is a whole nother can of worms for LE lmho

Like I said, I won't rule him out completely because I don't know one way or the other, but honestly....until someone can definitively connects this guy to the Rhodens and proves that he was ready to poof his way out of town....I'm going to keep an open mind and allow myself to consider other options/theories/opinions, and give them the same kind of thoughtfulness and respect that I gave yours when I read it. With the scant information available, I feel like that is all any of us can do right now.

Hasn't the FBI been assisting to some level? Isn't the BCI involved? This would go beyond the Pike County office which would mean you'd have to have people all the way up involved if that was the case. You'd have to have A LOT of people involved in this corruption. JMO.

Actually Reader brought the BCI in almost immediately after they realized that there were multiple scenes.

Why I hope Ray Pate verifies: He probably really is who he says he is, and if so, he would be a major asset to this thread, other threads, and this entire site would benefit from his experience, thoughts, comments and ideas. - and he could share his thoughts without constantly being asked to verify. His posts (IMO) would be more valuable than most others. Ray is exactly the kind of resource this site needs more of.

Ray, if you read this, please consider taking a few minutes to verify. It will be once, and done. Your verification will be seen on every post you make, and nobody will ask for it (or doubt your ID) again.

You say you are retired, and maybe not 100% physically any more, but you have so much left to share. You've probably solved more cases than most of us have even heard of. Websleuths is a better forum with people of your caliber and experience in it.

I hope you consider verifying. Regardless, I look forward to your continued posts - whenever you are inclined and able. Thanks!

Actually Reader brought the BCI in almost immediately after they realized that there were multiple scenes.

He also called the AG immediately. Which is why I don't believe someone on that department could have done this and be getting away with it. My point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member