OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear I am not a scholar either. I just like to help if I can, and I saw your reason for editing was "still can't do quote"

:welcome4:

I just have to say, you are are always so polite, helpful and thoughtful to others. I commend you. Kudos! :)

I've read and read until I am blue in the face. I am still convinced that my first theory that BJM was involved. I can't get by her statements and unexplained actions. There honestly isnt another explanation that sounds feasable to me. Cartel would of killed them all, including the children and dogs. Someone had to be able see enough to not accidently hit the babies next to their parents. The parents were shot multiple times in the head. So that tells me the killer/killers either turned the lights on or it was already light enough to see. First 911 call with BJM, she called police and asked to speak to a deputy at 7:49 to let them know her bil (KR1) looked like someone beat the crap out of him. She sounded like she was already outside when she made the call, she had to be near the mailbox to give them the address. Remember she left her cell in the car to charge. The driveway was near the mailbox. At least a minute went by until she gave them the address. Then she continues on in the conversation and tells them another person is also in the house dead and his name is Gary Rhoden. She explains there is blood everywhere. She says something about the bathroom, which I didnt catch. She then proceeds to offer information to dispatch, the front door was locked but she knew where the key was. She then proceeds to talk to another person at the scene and the dispatcher says she will send deputies out to address to not go into the house or let anyone else in. . Next, she goes to Frankies trailer, that door is also locked. She yells for Frankie or Brentley, let me in, its Aunt Jo. How did she know Brentley was there because according to the mother she dropped Brentley off late in the evening before. BJM never states she looked through a window and seen him. She says she went to the door and yelled to him to let her in. Then later in interviews with LM and BJM we learn there was another couple with her. Her brother was also on the scene quickly (JM) He went to a third residence and heard a baby crying, let himself in residence of DR and seen her feet and backed out of the door. Who called her brother? Who are these two mysterious people? She goes on to say that one of them followed her in a residence but she couldnt recall who. Is she waiting on to see whose fingerprints they found if any? Then she will remember who it was? Now you have KR living down the road, some distance in a almost desolute area way back off the main road. He is dead, but no one thought to check on him until 130 that afternoon. Then you have another relative only 500 yards that was left alone and is still alive. I know I missed some key points but all fingers point to her and possibly the mysterious people and maybe her brother. I am not even engaging in the idea of a cartel hit, they would of not known this area that well. I have never been to this area but in the dark I'm sure homes would be hard to see at night. With all the junk in these yards, someone would of tripped over stuff trying to leave. Unless you knew the area really well, the home layout real well and the exact locations of each house do I see this to be none other than family member.

I have also tossed around the idea that the reason DS ran over to check on KR was because no one had mentioned him yet and time was slipping on by so DS decided that since no one was going to check on him, he had better go "discover" him.

Just jumping off you post..... You're right, LM did say that, but I'm thinking it's possible they were just motion activated lights that lit up, hence you look out the window of the trailer, hoping to see who is in the car...who knows what LM definition of camera/monitors is.

We live in a rural area and we have surveillance cameras because of 8 buildings with machinery, ATV's, vehicles, golf carts, etc in spread over several acres. We also have a driveway alarm that beeps in the house whenever somebody pulls in driveway and the beam catches the vehicle going by. However, in wide open areas with farm fields surrounding 3 sides of our home and buildings, it would be easy for someone to come in across a field and easily bypass the driveway, which IMO could've very well happened in this case as well. JMO

Yes, I agree 100%. I did recall him saying CR's had lights that lit up and I assumed they were motion sensitive. I lived in a secluded area where we had those as well, they surrounded our home. Nothing scarier than them going off when your alone and no one immediately knocks at the door.

Sometimes I think we (or at least I know I do) try to look at reasons too in depth for why somebody would kill 8 family members. But then I remind myself, it could have been a number of things that had piled up over the recent past and finally someone just snapped. People kill for such trivial reasons it seems when reading the news. I still am of the belief that not all 8 were specifically targeted, but rather all of them had to be silenced to keep from having fingers pointed at the person(s) responsible. It seems there had been several recent things that had taken place that we know about (or have heard about) with FB threats, etc., and I'm guessing many more that we are not even aware of. Again, JMO.

I wonder if it's possible the window that was open led to the bedroom and the bed was under the window? Maybe they never even stepped foot in the trailer!
HOLY.....It was right near the window, pushed up against the wall into a corner. I remember seeing it and noticing it. It was on HHG or FR's FB, I don't know if I will be able to get it to pull up now, but I will try. WOW

The blinds could have been pushed out and sagging because someone leaned in through the window under the blinds and the blinds fell behind them.

LM I take with a grain of salt....he didn't know about the grow ops (or at least he says he didn't, but then again who would want to admit it). He says he wasn't at CR Sr's much, but yet he worked on cars for him a lot (he must've worked on them at his house and not Sr's, I don't know) and his daughter supposedly fed animals there every day and he knows CR Sr had cameras/lights or whatever when you pulled in the driveway. In the video of him, when asked if DR ever felt to be in danger (or however it was worded) he did not say no or not that I know of, he flat refused to answer the question and I could add more but will stop there....But yet, seemed very worried/upset about his son's pickup being taken............

Whoever did this is up close and has a lot of knowledge if they shot them through their bedroom windows. Walking through the front door, even more diabolical. I still think it's possible that a family member took a gun from a location to undo what one family member did. That's just me & have not set my hooks in that yet because there isn't anything to know yet.

Or a group that is close and knows this family, works among them. or has some power over them (boss type thing) and knows some of the family, hired others to do this most horrible act upon a whole family. It's just so sad.

RIP Rhoden family. It still shocks me to imagine 8 of one family murdered. Young kids too. Babies who lost their parents. Justice needs a faster entrance here.

My biggest disappointment was reading that $135,000 was already spent. That means that's a big budget for this area. I understand. Well, hey OH, spend all you need on this one! No one should ever get away with murdering 8 people. No one.

jmo

I've read and read until I am blue in the face. I am still convinced that my first theory that BJM was involved. I can't get by her statements and unexplained actions. There honestly isnt another explanation that sounds feasable to me. Cartel would of killed them all, including the children and dogs. Someone had to be able see enough to not accidently hit the babies next to their parents. The parents were shot multiple times in the head. So that tells me the killer/killers either turned the lights on or it was already light enough to see. First 911 call with BJM, she called police and asked to speak to a deputy at 7:49 to let them know her bil (KR1) looked like someone beat the crap out of him. She sounded like she was already outside when she made the call, she had to be near the mailbox to give them the address. Remember she left her cell in the car to charge. The driveway was near the mailbox. At least a minute went by until she gave them the address. Then she continues on in the conversation and tells them another person is also in the house dead and his name is Gary Rhoden. She explains there is blood everywhere. She says something about the bathroom, which I didnt catch. She then proceeds to offer information to dispatch, the front door was locked but she knew where the key was. She then proceeds to talk to another person at the scene and the dispatcher says she will send deputies out to address to not go into the house or let anyone else in. . Next, she goes to Frankies trailer, that door is also locked. She yells for Frankie or Brentley, let me in, its Aunt Jo. How did she know Brentley was there because according to the mother she dropped Brentley off late in the evening before. BJM never states she looked through a window and seen him. She says she went to the door and yelled to him to let her in. Then later in interviews with LM and BJM we learn there was another couple with her. Her brother was also on the scene quickly (JM) He went to a third residence and heard a baby crying, let himself in residence of DR and seen her feet and backed out of the door. Who called her brother? Who are these two mysterious people? She goes on to say that one of them followed her in a residence but she couldnt recall who. Is she waiting on to see whose fingerprints they found if any? Then she will remember who it was? Now you have KR living down the road, some distance in a almost desolute area way back off the main road. He is dead, but no one thought to check on him until 130 that afternoon. Then you have another relative only 500 yards that was left alone and is still alive. I know I missed some key points but all fingers point to her and possibly the mysterious people and maybe her brother. I am not even engaging in the idea of a cartel hit, they would of not known this area that well. I have never been to this area but in the dark I'm sure homes would be hard to see at night. With all the junk in these yards, someone would of tripped over stuff trying to leave. Unless you knew the area really well, the home layout real well and the exact locations of each house do I see this to be none other than family member.

So, you're saying her actions from the 911 call to the finding of bodies 3 and 4 were all part of an act? That her 911 call was fake and what we hear is not the voice of a truly horrified, even hysterical, woman? That she pretended to think bodies 1 and 2 were beaten to death, but she really knew they'd been shot to death? And that she at least had the help of the friend and spouse who were with her (and possibly her brother, too), if not more people, yet the massive number of highly-trained LE personnel dedicated to this case have not been able to make any of them crack? Sure, it's possible, I suppose.

i noticed satellite dishes on Chris and Frankie's trailers. I've got no clue what satellite capabilities are nowadays.

Some satellites can be used for Internet, but also could have been cable. Potentially both. We have one option of Internet near us, it is run off of a satellite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is hard for me to understand. If the killers didn't have silencers, the shots (at least 5) would certainly have woken the 3 year old in such a trailer. If he woke up, he probably would have seen the killers and could have described them to LE. No matter their reasons for leaving the young children alive, they would not have left a witness. This forces me to challenge my belief that they probably did not have silencers. Using silencers, although not common, is more plausible than A) The toddler was not awoken B) They left a witness . Given that many folks in the area were gun aficionados, I'm warming to the idea that silencers were indeed used.

But, they probably went in w/o lights, dressed in dark clothing, killed the parents, and quickly left. The child would probably wake up very confused, disoriented, and probably partially deaf for a few minutes. He may even sit there and cry for a few minutes and go back to sleep. Children are hard to predict. Now if he'd woken up and saw their faces, fully, I believe they'd have killed him. I can't imagine killing a toddler, but I also can't imagine killing a 16 year old kid, nor sleeping mothers w/their babies.

This is hard for me to understand. If the killers didn't have silencers, the shots (at least 5) would certainly have woken the 3 year old in such a trailer. If he woke up, he probably would have seen the killers and could have described them to LE. No matter their reasons for leaving the young children alive, they would not have left a witness. This forces me to challenge my belief that they probably did not have silencers. Using silencers, although not common, is more plausible than A) The toddler was not awoken B) They left a witness . Given that many folks in the area were gun aficionados, I'm warming to the idea that silencers were indeed used.

depends on the child...I used to vacuum under my daughter's bed when she was little...never woke her up

So, you're saying her actions from the 911 call to the finding of bodies 3 and 4 were all part of an act? That her 911 call was fake and what we hear is not the voice of a truly horrified, even hysterical, woman? That she pretended to think bodies 1 and 2 were beaten to death, but she really knew they'd been shot to death? And that she at least had the help of the friend and spouse who were with her (and possibly her brother, too), if not more people, yet the massive number of highly-trained LE personnel dedicated to this case have not been able to make any of them crack? Sure, it's possible, I suppose.
I listened to the 911 call and no I dont think its fake. But I dont know her either. Maybe she didnt personally kill them, maybe she had it done and then she went in totally unprepared on what she saw. I haven't got past the inconsistencies in her story . I hope I am wrong.. I hope it was strangers that did this and she had nothing to do with it.

Or, they may not have seen the little boy if he was on the sofa (not sure of the point of entry and exit though) Some single wide trailers have two doors on the back of them but I'm not sure theirs did, and I'm too tired to go looking lol.
It did. I'm pretty sure.

It did. I'm pretty sure.

He had at least 2 doors.

One in back..

b25ce93b3268840a5e4120071c14220b.jpg

One in front..

3ec27d3eabc8d4c4c26a8ff32e88578e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This subject of BJM being the perp has come up every few days, and I've made similar comments several times. There is absolutely no way she is involved. She didn't kill her sister, brother-in-law, and nieces and nephews. It just didn't happen. IF she had done it she'd be in jail by now. They took her clothes. I'd have to bet they tested her for gun powder residue. They day they arrest her and she's charged I'll eat my crow, but it just isn't going to happen.

A lot of women carry in a tote, or large handbag here. Hubby runs around with his in a holster on his belt. I firmly believe that the knowledge that anyone could have a gun on them does deter crime, especially crimes against women. I would and have voted for open and concealed carry, but personally I would like for them to be required to have a permit as that requires a safety course. Legal age here is 21, thats why I like the safety course thing.

I rarely carry but I took the permit course for those times that I want to. I'm w/you on the permit. A lot of people have never been around firearms and are first time buyers. It gives them a lot of valuable information. Even if I hadn't had to take it, I probably would have, just b/c of the educational value, and I've been around guns. Never too old to learn something new though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298