OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always a possibility but I'm not sure Chris Rhoden would have been running a large enough operation to become a target for the cartel. Even the cartel has to pick and choose according to threat level before making such a huge "nationwide-news, world-wide news stink" as these murders are... and I just don't see the Rhodens as being so big they were squeezing the cartel out of the market or worth the news exposure that was sure to result. I also admit I know nothing about the cartel or weed farms/grows, whatever, so my guess is based on being just that... a guess.

I agree. Cartels aren't going to be dealing with people with a few hundred plants. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Agree. The fact that no arrest has been made does not mean it is a very complex case or that it was done by organized crime. It could be simply because evidence is difficult to gather and alibis difficult to establish.

I think we all agree that the killer knew the family well and had been in the house at least once before. So how do you establish that evidence collected is related to the crime?

How do you prove someone's alibi does not hold in Pike county in the middle of the night?

Who in the area does not own at least one gun? And if the killer got rid of the weapon in the bush, when will it be found?

They knew a few people with history of violence or criminal activity. But then what does it prove?

I am afraid that unless the killer confess, it will be quite difficult to solve this crime. Do you have a different analysis?

Also, I'm sure this launched many other investigations. They may be getting all of their ducks in a row and doing a sweep of people involved directly in the murder, and those involved in illegal activities. Of course my mind changes all the time on this. Today, I'm hopeful we will see an arrest. Tomorrow, I might be back to being scared that this is going to go cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be interesting to see what drug busts happened in recent months.

There was a link on one of the threads of a huge bust in Kentucky! There was also a person bearing the same name! That's one of my theories!

What you said makes sense - they're not doing anything illegal while breeding, keeping and selling them. I have no idea how bad it would have to be for he ASPCA to step in.

Do you mean you've seen the roosters or you've seen the fights? Or both? I've never roosters fighting in any sort of arranged fashion, although I've owned a few who fought with each other.
:chicken:

I've seen the roosters, not the fights.

I have felt this is tied to drugs/ opiates in general. Just an intuition, so curious to see what comes out of the drug bust info.

I respectively beg to differ. I can find a dozen links. And am willing to tomorrow when I'm not exhausted. Time of death on a death certificate I own says three to five a.m. He was pronounced at 8:30. Can someone not back me up here? They measure by...mostly...body temp when they arrive at the coroners. Just remember what I'm saying here. IMO as an educated health care professional. TOD will be a huge indicator with POI. 💪.

Yes this is so but what they have here with the 8 deaths they are using when a professional pronouns them dead. I don't think they want the real time of death out due to the investigation.

I have gone through all of these threads and have come up with the following thoughts. These are just opinions and I may be off base on some of them.

1.) The killer(s) were most likely in all of these homes probably as a guest, especially DR's place which looked like it had attached rooms.
The killer would need to know who slept where in order to finish the murders quickly before any of them could react.

2.) I am leaning to a single killer pulling this off. Multiple killers would carry a lot of risk, especially if one of them made mistakes.

3.) The killer would be considered very smart by most people that know him. What I mean with this, is that he is capable of learning things on his own.Probably introverted and capable of making a complex plan that would seriously confuse the subsequent investigation.

4.) Someone needed to be killed in order to advance the killer's agenda, be it a cover up, robbery, or other. I'm not set on any particular agenda yet.

5.) This one is from a really dark place in my mind. Most of the victims could be part of a plan to misdirect the investigation. Lot of victims = lot of potential motives. FB threats out there that are similar to what happened, all kinds of other drama like road rage, demo derby feuds, etc. My reasoning behind this is that if the main target(s) were the only one(s) killed, that the motives would be a lot more apparent.
The different MO for KR fits into this theory.

6.) The killer probably made a few mistakes, especially at CRsr's place and possibly with KR.

7.) The killer is obviously a psychopath (you would have to be in order to murder 8 people), but you may not ever suspect it if you know him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Off topic, that land will have bad energy if rebuilt on. I wish who ever the best~

I hope I'm not being insensitive , but their was no news coverage of bodies being removed or anything. By the time I was watching the news all they showed was blocked off roads and police all over the place. There's usually more on-the-scene coverage than that.

I did see the ambulances on location but a good piece away from the actual locations. However, like you said, and I'm not being morbid, there were no overhead news copter feeds of the ambulances at the actual residences. Not that I'm saying I "need" to see that, I've just found things rather different, with this particular case, all the way around.

I'd say "good job" maybe under the circumstances if a person, BJM, had gone into the second mobile and brought out a live baby, even though covered in blood & had just seen 4 deaths of people you care for & are your family. Might not be the right words, but hey, a baby was alive and 3 year old. jmo

But that would mean she went frankies first, "good job" getting kids not the first scene at CR1.

I would also like to know how many people who keep fighting roosters keep them in plain sight out next to their homes where anyone driving by can see them? I'm going to guess not too many. I don't believe Frankie was keeping those birds to fight. I'm pretty sure they were a money making hobby that he was proud enough of to put on virtual display in the yard... just as he was of the other birds he was keeping... I believe he had quail and chickens as well. I don't put as much weight on the types of cages as some might. He may have picked those cages up for a nice price... used or whatever. At any rate, he didn't appear to be hiding those birds.

I'm not from Pike County but I'm from the region. It's not uncommon to see gamecocks throughout the region. There's some folks not far from me that has some really nice setups and you can see them from the road. One of them has got at least 70-100 huts. It's not illegal to own/breed/sell as many as you want. It's just illegal to fight them/gamble on them.

But that would mean she went frankies first, "good job" getting kids not the first scene at CR1.
Is it possible the "good job" is coming from the dispatch end of the conversation? Someone monitoring/supervising the call?

But are they all used for fighting? Maybe some people keep them right out front because if they had them in back people would suppose they were hiding them? I don't understand really. If I was inclined to keep roosters, I'd keep them inside a shady open to air building. I can't understand lining them up on display to the roadway at all. (Thanks for your answer)
You can't allow gamecocks to run loose w/each other. They naturally fight. The hens don't but the roosters do. They won't normally fight to the death but they will fight. A lot. So the roosters are tethered to the huts by one leg (some folks use chicken wire instead and make each a little pen but I tethering seems to be the most popular).

I have one more question. If fighting roosters can be bred to sell; what is their purpose if that is a simple as that? Iow, if the person buying them has no plan to use them for fighting, is it along the same lines as any other "pretty" animal bought as a hobby of sorts? I know of a place near me where a tourist attraction is keeping what I would call "pretty or fancy hens" and because they are really just nice to look at. Would it be along the same lines as that? I'm sorry. I'm just trying to figure out if people keep fighting roosters for any reason other than to fight them and why.

Honestly, eating them is about the only other purpose, and there's not much meat on them. It takes around three eggs to make a normal sized hen's egg and those roosters (*advertiser censored*) are pretty aggressive. Most all roosters can be aggressive (hens can be but not usually as bad) but, Gamecocks are about the most aggressive breed that there is. People who fight them cut the natural spur off and replace it with a curved knife and the *advertiser censored* usually just slice each other to bits.

Dispatch hung up, it's background of bjm.

Can't be true (that the dispatch hung up) or you wouldn't be hearing it on the dispatcher's recording. Or maybe they hung up, and someone at the dispatcher's location said "good job" and it got recorded - but in that case it could not have been anyone at BJM's location. When dispatch hangs up the call, no more audio from that call can be recorded. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee