OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is closed for review.

ADMIN NOTE: Some posts have been remove.

Second hand gossip via comment sections of articles is NOT not part of this discussion.

If you cannot provide an acceptable link do not bring it here. Period.

Carry on.

t

You might be surprised how often polygraphs are used as an investigative tool. I would be shocked if BCI didn't polygraph some of the family members. I'm not saying they're always accurate but they're still used to help in ruling people in or out.

I agree! It can be a very helpful tool in finding out if they are hot or cold on an investigation! I'd be very suspicious if anyone declined to take one! I'd probably dig a little further into that particular suspect.

Does anyone know how far away BJM lives or lived from CR1?

No, I don't think they have. Polygraphs are not used as commonly as TV leads us to believe. Most jurisdictions, especially distressed rural counties like Pike, don't heavy ready access to the equipment or an expert to use it. This investigation has been all about getting a conviction; lie detector tests have been challenged in court repeatedly.

The family feeling like they are under a microscope tells me one of two things: 1) They don't understand how criminal investigations work (which is totally understandable), or 2) LE really does have evidence that is leading to them. My money is on #1 because I don't think investigators have been able to narrow the focus on a motive or possible perpetrator yet. If LE keeps coming back to the family, and they have nothing to hide, they need to help the investigators. BCI doesn't give a flying fig about unflattering information about the family or even possible minor criminal activity. They are trying to solve one of this country's most troubling mass murder cases. The family needs to cooperate to the fullest extent they can.
I don't mean they are doing a polygraph to solely convict someone. But if one of them fails the polygraph, then you know you're on the right trail, and can press for more info. So for example if you ask someone if they know who committed the murders and they say no but it shows they lied, then you know you're talking to the right person.

I would love to know the results but LE would never release that

From what I remember, a mile or maybe a mile and a half. I am still reading back threads and feel I have to comment on the pain med. I am an LPN, and also have an injury from '05. I have chronic hip and leg pain. I have taken Tyl#4 and Soma since my diagnosis. I am given 120 tablets monthly, and I never run out before my next scripts are available, and most of the time I can go 5 weeks before I run out. When I moved to Tex and had to find a new Dr., he didn't have a problem renewing my meds, but he wanted to put me on Lortab, which is stronger than T#4. I told him no! I wanted to stay with theT#4, because it works really well for me. Lortab is one of the most abused pain meds on the market. It is also more addictive than codeine. If you are offered pain med after birth, dental work, or something else that is mild or moderate pain, ask the prescriber for Tyl#3, or for more severe pain ask for Tyl#4. Another good med for headaches and dental pain is Fiorinal #3. You know your body and you do have a right to speak up! I have worked in OB in Kan., and unless you have had a C-sec, our patients were given 20 tablets of Tyl#3. Hope this info helps everyone who feels like they didn't know about other options to talk with their docs and dentists.

Nothing at all, I think everyone's taking a break.

Agreed. Taking a break. But I find myself checking in on the thread constantly just to make sure. I didn't realize when I joined Websleuths (initially joined because of the Kelly Nash case) that I would never again get all my housework done. LOL

Well it's been a quiet Sunday and I'm staying inside were it's air-conditioned. Went over to the Pike Co. Sheriff's Department Site and checked out quite a large amount of inmates ( I don't know how many are usually there). Without naming names (although it's a public site) there are 4 people who are being held for APA (Adult Parole Authority, an offender can be detained or held in custody)

14 are there for probation violation's and 13 are there on drug related charges (among other things)

IMO it seems that they have been "rounding up' a lot of people, for what purpose ? Is this usual, or do we need to let some people get together and maybe "talk" to each other? Maybe "sweat" some answers out of someone?

Agreed. Taking a break. But I find myself checking in on the thread constantly just to make sure. I didn't realize when I joined Websleuths (initially joined because of the Kelly Nash case) that I would never again get all my housework done. LOL

Housework? Oh! that thing I hate doing anyway! lol!

:laugh: Welcome to the club

Housework? Oh! that thing I hate doing anyway! lol!

right?

So, anything new? Quiet in the thread now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm glad you broke the silence! I was convinced something was wrong with my connection! Housework shouldn't be done on Sunday anyway right? At least that's my excuse! Oh, and Saturday since there may be some confusion over which day is suppose to be rest! 😉

Well it's been a quiet Sunday and I'm staying inside were it's air-conditioned. Went over to the Pike Co. Sheriff's Department Site and checked out quite a large amount of inmates ( I don't know how many are usually there). Without naming names (although it's a public site) there are 4 people who are being held for APA (Adult Parole Authority, an offender can be detained or held in custody)

14 are there for probation violation's and 13 are there on drug related charges (among other things)

IMO it seems that they have been "rounding up' a lot of people, for what purpose ? Is this usual, or do we need to let some people get together and maybe "talk" to each other? Maybe "sweat" some answers out of someone?

The APA holds are most likely for parole violations - or a "courtesy hold" for the supervising county- just wanted to clarify if people might be confused - I am a PO , so I can be helpful in this department .

Could it be possible there was possibly a warrant sweep in the area ? Or maybe DUI check point somewhere ? Easy traps for people ... Especially if those people are on "papers"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was getting a bit discouraged with an arrest taking so long, feels like forever. Got to reading up on the Sievers case on Websleuths, horrible crime....but it took them some time to get things together for the arrests in that case. There is ALOT of reading up there, authorities said it was a very complicated case, which it is for sure. One victim there, we have 8. It gives one a sense of pause and respect for all the LE, in our case Sheriff's department, BCI and whomever else has the responsibility of trying to tie everything together for 8 victims, the families, and public to have justice and some sense of relief.

Hi, everybody!
Well, I didn't have any kind of revealing dream last nite leading us closer to the killers, hopefully one of y'all did! I'm ready for SOMEthing new. Maybe today we'll have some new development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak