OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Lord.

Back on topic, LOL. Talking about sound waves and the gunshots. If you're talking about trailer to trailer there was also a barn in between the trailers. Housed the indoor grow op. That would have absorbed some of the sound. Off to get the link ...

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-family-is-tired-of-waiting-in-the-dark.html#

I am *assuming* the garage between the trailers is the one being referenced. I don't see anything else that would work as described.

Good

I am *assuming* the garage between the trailers is the one being referenced. I don't see anything else that would work as described.

If you look at the zoomed in area, this may be the grow building.
It looks like it went up sometime after the latest Google Earth imagery that was taken last summer

4e7f6b65a05b17f112fbb43c2feb20c3.jpg

The original Dispatch photo is linked below.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/graphics/2016/04/22/Piketon_homicides_LMM_02.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you look at the zoomed in area, this may be the grow building.
It looks like it went up sometime after the latest Google Earth imagery that was taken last summer

4e7f6b65a05b17f112fbb43c2feb20c3.jpg

The original Dispatch photo is linked below.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/graphics/2016/04/22/Piketon_homicides_LMM_02.JPG

That could be. For some reason, I was assuming the bigger building in between the trailers. But I do remember a photo with someone standing there outside the one you are referencing, looking in. LE "someone".

That could be. For some reason, I was assuming the bigger building in between the trailers. But I do remember a photo with someone standing there outside the one you are referencing, looking in. LE "someone".

Yeah that one is a small shack.. Would really be surprised if there were 200 plants in that one.

When I zoomed into the larger garage, it appears that al least the front part had cars in it.

Wow, 2 fairly new barns! They must have been doing pretty well.

Yeah, the barn looks like it's got a pretty good ventilation system, probably for body work and paint. I figure putting the plants in there would be a good idea because the body shop would disguise it and the painting etc. would account for the power usage.

Yeah that one is a small shack.. Would really be surprised if there were 200 plants in that one.

When I zoomed into the larger garage, it appears that al least the front part had cars in it.

The one between the trailers has an upstairs, at least in back. I remember we saw a photo with a stairway in it. But pot or not, I assume it would absorb some of the sound from the gunshots.

Another reason I asked is the 3 yr. old child that was asleep on the couch. Now maybe he did sleep through it and maybe he didn't. That had to be loud as you said and if the child did wake up, maybe someone he knew soothed him back to sleep.

More than likely they were in and out before the toddler knew what was happening. In that enclosed environment, upon awakening, he (or any others) who awoke, would have most likely been very confused, their hearing would have been muffled, it would be dark in the trailers, and they'd probably not know exactly what they'd heard. Possibly awoke by a crash of thunder even. If the child actually saw the person, since he was 3 , going on 4, I'd say he would have been killed. I'm guessing he was unexpected in their scenario but all was well planned and they just ran right by him. I've told this before but I watched a case where a child actually woke up and saw the murderer and they told her to go back to bed and she did. She was around 4 or so and she thought she'd seen a ghost during the night. The guy very nearly got away with killing her father too. It wasn't until he was caught that they knew she'd seen him and he told her to go back to bed. This child actually knew the man and had been to his home as he lived w/her mother.

There was a horrible murder and removal of an unborn baby on one of the true crime shows a couple of years ago where at least one child was killed. An 18 month old was unharmed. When the police arrived, the baby told them very plainly that daddy killed mommy.

More than likely they were in and out before the toddler knew what was happening. In that enclosed environment, upon awakening, he (or any others) who awoke, would have most likely been very confused, their hearing would have been muffled, it would be dark in the trailers, and they'd probably not know exactly what they'd heard. Possibly awoke by a crash of thunder even. If the child actually saw the person, since he was 3 , going on 4, I'd say he would have been killed. I'm guessing he was unexpected in their scenario but all was well planned and they just ran right by him. I've told this before but I watched a case where a child actually woke up and saw the murderer and they told her to go back to bed and she did. She was around 4 or so and she thought she'd seen a ghost during the night. The guy very nearly got away with killing her father too. It wasn't until he was caught that they knew she'd seen him and he told her to go back to bed. This child actually knew the man and had been to his home as he lived w/her mother.

I'm actually scared for this little one. Hopefully, the mom, her mom & the little one are in protective custody. jmo

I have a 4 year old. And IMO, that child was able to say, with the help of a trained professionals, plenty to keep them busy. No way he didn't hear the shots. .....or commotion. IMO
The 3 year old could probably say a lot and even give the name of the killer if he/she is a relative, but is it recevable in a court of law? I don't think so.

Yes the child is old enough to say who all was there and even if someone was there earlier. Although sometimes their memories are jumbled a bit at that age, I have a 4 year old and he sometimes talks about things "yesterday" that were really a week ago, but a professional could totally get answers out of them. He must have slept through it and in my opinion the killers were not there earlier at the home (at least when he was there) or they would know who did it. Poor child. This whole thing is so sad for the kids, especially this kid because he will remember that horror.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Good Lord.

Back on topic, LOL. Talking about sound waves and the gunshots. If you're talking about trailer to trailer there was also a barn in between the trailers. Housed the indoor grow op. That would have absorbed some of the sound. Off to get the link ...

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-family-is-tired-of-waiting-in-the-dark.html#

That school bus might be handy to grow some in, take out the seats.. sunlight in the windows?
I have no clue what conditions those plants need to grow, just a thought.

Yes the child is old enough to say who all was there and even if someone was there earlier. Although sometimes their memories are jumbled a bit at that age, I have a 4 year old and he sometimes talks about things "yesterday" that were really a week ago, but a professional could totally get answers out of them. He must have slept through it and in my opinion the killers were not there earlier at the home (at least when he was there) or they would know who did it. Poor child. This whole thing is so sad for the kids, especially this kid because he will remember that horror.

What tells you that the child hasn't given a name already? Just because an arrest wasn't made? I don't think we can make that conclusion.

I'm actually scared for this little one. Hopefully, the mom, her mom & the little one are in protective custody. jmo

They aren't, as far as has it hasn't been mentioned in MSM. The mom was interviewed by the media with him present. I can't remember who conducted the interview, but no mention of protective custody was mentioned. It all seemed very casual. If the killer(s) aren't absolutely positive the child didn't see anything, he is in grave danger.

Personally, I don't see how he couldn't have seen or heard anything. There were at least 3 gunshots in a trailer. I'm not buying the reasons he didn't:gun silencers, kids his age sleeping soundly, the killings happening quickly. He was spared. If the killers knew he was there, could they be positive he couldn't or wouldn't identify them? Did the killers not realize he was there? He didn't live there full-time, after all. By now the killers must know that he was there. Someone should be watching over this child 24-7. This is the biggest reason why arrests need to made urgently, not to satisfy our curiosity, but to protect this innocent child.

Same w/my grandchild at six. Time is not relevant to them. Mine still tells about the other grandparent who passed last year, like it was yesterday. It made an impression but concept of time is not there. Also, my other grandchild is not as talkative as this one and becomes very quiet if upset. It would depend on the child. But I doubt the toddler saw these assailant(s) faces. I doubt lights were ever turned on. They most likely went in quietly in the dark, did what the came to do and may not have ever even seen the baby in the bed or the toddler until the last minute.

Have y'all seen this recent article? There is a name that has come up before.....

http://www.morningledger.com/ohio-murders-update-no-suspects-4-motives-investigated/1380325/

"Ohio Murders Update: No Suspects – 4 Motives Investigated"

I would caution that the use of the phrase "person of interest" in reference to that name in the article does not appear to be sourced as coming from law enforcement.

Use of the phrase may simply be a choice of words by the writer.

AFAIK, law enforcement has not publicly named anyone as a "person of interest."

And FWIW, looking at the article source www.morningledger.com, I think it might be a stretch to consider it to be mainstream media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez