OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, lol'd!

Yep, lol! I'm thinking the dogs were not a big problem for them to worry about in the Rhoden scenario. I watched a t.v. show one time and people let a "thief" break into their homes to see how their "protective" or "vicious " dogs would react. None of them attacked the dude. A couple of them followed him around the house, one hid, and another just sat and stared and barked every now and then. Unless they are trained to specifically be guard dogs there is a way around most, not all, but most dogs, if you have any kind of knowledge of dogs. My parents had one that was a Lab and if he took a dislike to someone he let them know. Snarling, teeth bared, hackles raised. If they do that then it's time re-think. The other one that bit everyone gave no warning. He just bit.

I had a very territorial Calico. My neighbor came down to use the phone, and her 9 month old Blue Heeler pup came with her. Sugar literally ran him out of the yard yelping. Kathy yelled at the dog "I told you to stay home"!

We have a Manx mix calico and she did that to a dog too! He came into the yard and chased another of our cats (it was even one the Calico hated) and the Calico got between them and fuzzed all out and doubled her size and ran the dog off! She also was ticked when we moved and cornered three grown moving men in a back bedroom. They had to call out to us to come get her. She was all fuzzed out and snarling at them. Not a happy kitty.

I know LM couldn't understand how the killers got past Dana's dogs. We've talked about many different ways to get around animals. Another question were the dogs allowed around the new baby? I have wondered if the dogs were put in the bathroom or laundry room and couldn't get to the intruders. When JM found Dana and didn't check on the kids, wonder if she was in the front room or if her bedroom was at the opposite end of the house from the kids rooms?

I know LM couldn't understand how the killers got past Dana's dogs. We've talked about many different ways to get around animals. Another question were the dogs allowed around the new baby? I have wondered if the dogs were put in the bathroom or laundry room and couldn't get to the intruders. When JM found Dana and didn't check on the kids, wonder if she was in the front room or if her bedroom was at the opposite end of the house from the kids rooms?

Very good point! Hmmmm!

Could have been in the basement. Idk. It's possible. I have to put one of ours up when some family visit b/c they are nervous about the dog. I also put that one up when the grandkids come b/c the dog is ginormous, and still young and playful, and knocks them over. So unless I can be right there with that dog, I put that one up. DR supposedly had a wolf dog and a pit mix - iirc. If it were me, I'd have them at least gated off until they became used to the new addition.

I'm glad someone was able to bring the discussion back from the cats and dogs back to the case. I was worried we were going to get shut down. If we don't get some new information soon, we still will.

I'm glad someone was able to bring the discussion back from the cats and dogs back to the case. I was worried we were going to get shut down. If we don't get some new information soon, we still will.

Sometimes things may seem to go off track but it's just hashing out stuff to understand the why, or why not, of something. Granted the cats were a stretch but it still goes to show the unpredictability of animals. I'm a dog person, and have had so many, and worked them, over the years that I've seen them react in so many different ways. Just trying to help w/understanding why dogs labeled "vicious" may not be that way in certain circumstances. jm2¢

If you ignore the crap that's out there, the truth might just pop up, accidently.

I've followed too many cases not to say that right now. This case will be solved when I'm not looking, hopefully. Haleigh Cummings case just might be solved too one day. RIP all of you. Prayers for the families. Many many prayers.

I'm still playing catch-up with past threads, and I am guessing the nsg home med thefts may be blown way out of proportion. Being an LPN for 17 years, it's no secret that every state has different regulations. People on WS talk about fentanyl mainly, but also other narcotics. In Kan., nurses and med aides are the only staff that has access to the med cart and the med room. A CNA can let us know if a pt asks for pain med or other meds, but they are not allowed to take it to them.
A CNA cannot even get an over the counter med for themselves. They have to ask a nurse or med aide. If a CNA needs advil for a backache, for example, the nurse or med aide will unlock the med cart or med room and get it for them. If a CNA was caught taking a pt medication, even aspirin, both the aide and the nurse would get written up, and that would become a permanent part of their employee file.
I did work for a travel nursing agency part time for two years, in many different hospitals and nursing homes, and I probably didn't see more than 6 to 8 pts total use fentanyl patches. Maybe half that many on oxycontin or MS contin. Mostly prescribed was Lortab (hydrocodone) Tylenol#3, or Darvocet. Darvocet has been taken off the market as of several years ago, and has been replaced with one of the others mentioned.

I think we should keep our minds open to more drug trafficking surrounding this family over the last few years. With old busts of trafficking, and new cells being busted this month, it's a lot of trafficking information to take in, but worth keeping your eyes on. Here's a link to a 2013 bust.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/new...cle_c393cb32-30ca-53b2-9862-878a502ad912.html

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

and primarily because of the dogs, I am concluding this was NOT the work of outsiders. A disgruntled family member or close family friend. Frankly, this looked like a murder-suicide from the beginning, but with suicide ruled out, it has become very intriguing.
Absolutely.
And for the motive, it's very hard to rationalize a family mass murder. We won't understand it, but he does.

If it wasn't so apparent that these murders were planned in advance I would have to wonder if someone didn't just flip out and start shooting. There are so many scenarios that might apply, but one doesn't stand out from the rest.

I think we should keep our minds open to more drug trafficking surrounding this family over the last few years. With old busts of trafficking, and new cells being busted this month, it's a lot of trafficking information to take in, but worth keeping your eyes on. Here's a link to a 2013 bust.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/new...cle_c393cb32-30ca-53b2-9862-878a502ad912.html

That pipeline is definitely a contender and worth further exploration, IMO.

It's certainly a possibility that the same pipeline could be the distribution route for the Rhoden's cultivated product.

Persons directly involved on the purchasing end of the Rhoden Ohio product wouldn't necessarily be the same persons involved in the 2013 KY transaction, but could be associates of the Michigan players in that event.

It's also possible that pipeline could know of the Rhoden grow op without necessarily being their customer.

Can't rule out that a two-way pipeline involving other illegal substances, i.e. opiates, could be in play. That flow could operate in the opposite direction -- Michigan to Southern Ohio. Or it could flow in the same direction, but involve more than one illegal substance.

The three Kentucky residents involved in the 2013 arrest are on supervised probation as a result. I've been unable to find either of the two Michigan residents in the KY corrections database.

http://kool.corrections.ky.gov/KOOL/AdvancedSearch

I have located a July 2015 arrest in Plymouth, Michigan of a Detroit man who may be one of the 2013 Michigan players. Name, age and location(s) are consistent with the 2013 information.

The 2015 arrest was for credit card fraud and possession of a firearm by a felon. The person had a loaded AK-47 in their possession when they were arrested on the fraud charge. They had been released from parole one week prior on an unspecified drug trafficking charge.

That pipeline is definitely a contender and worth further exploration, IMO.

It's certainly a possibility that the same pipeline could be the distribution route for the Rhoden's cultivated product.

Persons directly involved on the purchasing end of the Rhoden Ohio product wouldn't necessarily be the same persons involved in the 2013 KY transaction, but could be associates of the Michigan players in that event.

It's also possible that pipeline could know of the Rhoden grow op without necessarily being their customer.

Can't rule out that a two-way pipeline involving other illegal substances, i.e. opiates, could be in play. That flow could operate in the opposite direction -- Michigan to Southern Ohio. Or it could flow in the same direction, but involve more than one illegal substance.

The three Kentucky residents involved in the 2013 arrest are on supervised probation as a result. I've been unable to find either of the two Michigan residents in the KY corrections database.

http://kool.corrections.ky.gov/KOOL/AdvancedSearch

I have located a July 2015 arrest in Plymouth, Michigan of a Detroit man who may be one of the 2013 Michigan players. Name, age and location(s) are consistent with the 2013 information.

The 2015 arrest was for credit card fraud and possession of a firearm by a felon. The person had a loaded AK-47 in their possession when they were arrested on the fraud charge. They had been released from parole one week prior on an unspecified drug trafficking charge.

Most of it is coming from Detroit down 23. The Rhodens were in Detroit quite often for car auctions. GR had some sketchy friends too. It's not pot that is going back and forth on 23 so much as it is hard drugs going down, and cash and other items going back up. I don't see the pot as being a major influence in this. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time. No matter what it is, I feel that CR1 had a big role in making it happen but was confident that no one would mess w/him. Out of all of this I've heard people speak of the the other family members but nothing, not a peep, about CR1. I just get a vibe off of him. Been around families like the Rhodens and there's usually the head honcho who the rest defer to. To me, in this scenario, it is CR1, and CR! went and messed with the wrong folks.

Well I think we are out of stuff to sleuth, and the terms are so strict we can't talk about family members criminal histories. I guess I'll just throw out my opinion and not say much else until there is more info or the thing gets solved. Let's see what all our opinions are of what happened, and when it's solved we can figure out who was right. If anyone.

I was on the Jacob wetterling websleuths forum for years, and no one was even close. The only poi was so absolutely clearly not the suspect anyone who had spent a day in law enforcement should have known it didn't fit him. However, a websleuther went out on their own to investigate and was a huge part of figuring out the person who is really now the only poi. So sleuth away on your own. It sometimes helps!

My opinion is it was drug related due to trafficking and is somehow related to one of the more recent trafficking busts. That's it. Could be wrong. Just an opinion. Let's hope this thing gets solved. Whomever did it is very dangerous.

Well I think we are out of stuff to sleuth, and the terms are so strict we can't talk about family members criminal histories. I guess I'll just throw out my opinion and not say much else until there is more info or the thing gets solved. Let's see what all our opinions are of what happened, and when it's solved we can figure out who was right. If anyone.

I was on the Jacob wetterling websleuths forum for years, and no one was even close. The only poi was so absolutely clearly not the suspect anyone who had spent a day in law enforcement should have known it didn't fit him. However, a websleuther went out on their own to investigate and was a huge part of figuring out the person who is really now the only poi. So sleuth away on your own. It sometimes helps!

My opinion is it was drug related due to trafficking and is somehow related to one of the more recent trafficking busts. That's it. Could be wrong. Just an opinion. Let's hope this thing gets solved. Whomever did it is very dangerous.

I think it may have been drug/family related, but not necessarily pot related. I think that GR and his sketchy friends up around Detroit, had perked up CR1 into going bigger and better. Then when GR was staying at the 4077 trailer and getting pulled more into the "business", I think that this caused a riff between CR1 and KR. I believe CR1 was the head honcho of the entire family and things went his way or no way. I also think that KR may have gotten tired of it, and bringing in GR was the last straw as it cut his profits, so he gets together another person and they kill the whole family off, but it backfires, the other person kills KR and takes all of the cash and runs. That right now is in my top three theories. Sounds strange but stranger things have happened.

This thread is not about border patrol policy, illegal immigrants, or the official language of the United States.

It is about the the eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family in Pike County, Ohio.

Please stay on topic.

Thanks
:)

Maybe LE will throw us another crumb in the next few days! We can hope, anyway! Out of over 700 tips, surely a name has come up more than once and that will give them a new lead or avenue to explore. Wish we would hear how the babies are doing. Two months they have probably grown and changed so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove